• Project: New Chattanooga State campus in Kimball, Tenn.
• Owner: Marion County, which will lease the facility to Chattanooga State.
• Location: 1500 Main St., in Kimball.
• Architect: Hefferlin Kronenberg Architects, Chattanooga.
• Square footage: 12,000 square feet.
• Contractor: Chazler Inc., in Chattanooga.
• Cost for project: $2.6 million for first new building.
• Scope: A new science lab will allow Kimball campus students to take science courses for the first time from the Kimball branch. County and school officials hope expanding the Kimball campus will eventually allow students to fulfill all Chattanooga State degree requirements in Kimball. The Kimball campus serves students from Marion and Grundy counties in Tennessee, Dade County in Georgia and Jackson County in Alabama.
• History: There has been a Chattanooga State campus in Kimball since 1993. The satellite branch offers general education courses and two Tennessee College of Applied Technology programs, in welding and cosmetology.
• Future: Marion County and college officials hope to continue the Kimball campus expansion and add five or six more buildings in the coming years. The hope is that Chattanooga State students in Kimball can earn a degree without having to commute to the main campus in Chattanooga.
• Timeline: Officials hope to be moved into the new building before fall classes begin in August. Future plans do not have a definite date.
— Compiled by staff writer Alex Green, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 423-757-6480.
Alex joined the Times Free Press staff full-time in January 2014 as a region business reporter. He is a native of Dayton, Tenn., located 35 miles north of Chattanooga, and he is a fifth-generation Dayton native. Alex came to the Times Free Press as an editorial intern in July 2013. He was previously a correspondent at The Herald-News, located in Dayton, through college and editor-in-chief of the Triangle, Bryan College's student-led media group. Alex was ...
related articles »
Owner: Independent Healthcare Properties LLC.
The store will be the first of its kind in the city of Dalton, according to Thomas Bradford, vice president ...
Just as no single patch of fabric can make a quilt, there is no one number that can satisfactorily sum ...
Over the last 10 years, teenagers and 20-somethings became Chattanooga’s single biggest demographic, but it’s the huge growth in their ...