• Project: Wendy's remodel.
• Owner: Springfield Investments LLC, Silver Creek, Ga.
• Location: 1140 Glenwood Ave., Dalton, Ga.
• Architect: P&C Design Build, Rome. Ga.
• Square footage: 3,200 square feet
• Contractor: Danco Builders, Calhoun, Ga.
• Cost for project: $1.2 million.
• Scope: New design, new kitchen layout. Store will be the first of its kind in the city of Dalton, according to Thomas Bradford, vice president of Springfield Investments.
The store will feature two fireplaces, a Wi-Fi bar and TVs. There will be a drink station with more than 100 beverage varieties. Wendy's corporate office may remodel up to 350 of its stores this year, Braford said. The remodels will feature more modern designs with a lot of windows and natural building materials. The Glenwood Avenue store will employ about 38 people.
• History: The Glenwood Avenue Wendy's has existed since about 1978, according to Bradford, and Springfield Investments has owned it for about 25 years.
• Future: Springfield Investments currently operates 17 Wendy's and plans to continue expanding its franchise and doing remodels on its existing locations. Currently, Bradford said, the company is looking at adding two stores within a 100-mile radius, maybe even in Chattanooga.
• Timeline: Glenwood Avenue remodel is slated to finish by Feb. 28
— Compiled by Alex Green, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 423-757-6480.
Alex joined the Times Free Press staff full-time in January 2014 as a region business reporter. He is a native of Dayton, Tenn., located 35 miles north of Chattanooga, and he is a fifth-generation Dayton native. Alex came to the Times Free Press as an editorial intern in July 2013. He was previously a correspondent at The Herald-News, located in Dayton, through college and editor-in-chief of the Triangle, Bryan College's student-led media group. Alex was ...