• Bridal Fair: Lee University, Walker Arena, Cleveland, Tenn., 1-4 p.m. event sponsored by WCLE-FM, 2:30 p.m. bridal fashion show, free, hourly door prizes, honeymoon cruise giveaway. 423-472-6700.
• Anderson Lecture Series: Southern Adventist University, Brock Hall room 3205, Collegedale, Tenn., 7 p.m., free, School of Business and Management presents Robert Miles’ talk on “The Genius of Warren Buffett: The Science of Investing and the Art of Managing.” 423-236-2839.
• Black History Month Program: Bessie Smith Cultural Center, 200 M.L. King Blvd., 6:30 p.m., BSCC partners with Chattanooga Public Library for movie screening, “The Loving Story.” 423-266-8658.
• Southern Appalachian Back Country Horsemen: Shoney’s Restaurant, 2616 Decatur Pike, Athens, Tenn. 6:30 p.m., visitors welcome. 423-745-8804.
FRIDAY, FEB. 23
• Houston Antiques Show and Sale: Stratton Hall, 3146 Broad St., 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday-Saturday, noon-4 p.m. Sunday, $15 ticket good for all three days of show. 423-267-7176.
Susan Palmer Pierce is a reporter and columnist in the Life department. She began her journalism career as a summer employee 1972 for the News Free Press, typing bridal announcements and photo captions. She became a full-time employee in 1980, working her way up to feature writer, then special sections editor, then Lifestyle editor in 1995 until the merge of the NFP and Times in 1999. She was honored with the 2007 Chattanooga Woman of ...