Events and Seminars
• Government Contracting Workshop from 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. This seminar covers the basics of government contracting. Topics include: federal code information and understanding the government contracting process, as well as how to market to the federal government, find government business opportunities and find online information about government contracting. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this seminar is free and open to the public. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
• ConnectForLunch from noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday at participating local restaurants. ConnectForLunch is a Chattanooga Chamber program bringing professionals together for face-to-face lunch meetings with two or three different members. This setting allows participants to make meaningful connections that can lead to new and stronger business relationships. Visit www.connect4lunch.com/chattanoogachamber to register.
• Red Bank Council Meeting from noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday at Red Bank Community Center, Tom Weathers Drive, behind Erlanger North. Speaker: Mike Kramer, President and CEO of FSG Bank. Meeting costs $10.
• Ribbon Cutting for H & R Block from 2 to 3 p.m. Tuesday at H & R Block, 5859 Snowhill Road. Join the Chattanooga Chamber to celebrate the grand opening of H & R Block.
• Ooltewah/Collegedale Council Meeting from 9:15 to 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Collegedale City Hall, 4910 Swinyar Drive. Speaker: Tom Griscom. Topic: "Presenting Yourself." No cost.
• An Hour with My Attorney from 11 a.m. to noon Wednesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. This seminar will explore leases, contracts, powers of attorney, corporate meetings and other topics of interest. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this seminar is free to the public. Call 423-756-8668 for more information or to register.
• Hixson Council Meeting from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at North River Civic Center, 1009 Executive Drive. Speaker: Mayor Andy Berke. Meeting costs $10.
• Ribbon Cutting for Sweet Angel Cakes from 1 to 2 p.m. Wednesday at Sweet Angel Cakes, 6331 East Brainerd Road. Join the Chattanooga Chamber to celebrate the grand opening of Sweet Angel Cakes.
• Governor's Office Business Certification Workshop from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Thursday at Development Resource Center, 1250 Market St., Room 1A. Facilitator: Shelia J. Simpson, Program Director, Governor's Office of Diversity Business Enterprise. This workshop will teach attendees to learn about one of the four certifications that the city of Chattanooga will soon request from small, diverse businesses. This event is free and open to the public.
• CEG/INCubator Luncheon -- "How to Successfully Plan a Product Launch" from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd., in the board room. Speaker: David Wilson, UPS. This presentation will feature valuable information on how to successfully bring a product to market. The event is free for CEG/INCubator clients and costs $10 for others. Space is limited. Please contact Tabitha Erickson to register in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Small Business Orientation from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. A counselor will discuss basic business planning including financial projections and legal entities. Attendees will receive an information packet containing phone numbers and addresses for information about business licenses, taxes and other start-up materials. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this event is free and open to the public. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
• North Hamilton County Council Meeting from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at Budweiser, 200 Shearer St. Speaker: Anne McGinnis, Chattanooga College. Meeting costs $10.
• Ribbon Cutting for Chattanooga Supportive Services Inc., from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. Thursday at Chattanooga Supportive Services Inc., 6215 Lee Highway, Suite 107-K. Join the Chattanooga Chamber in the event.
• Business After Hours at Amberleigh Ridge Apartments from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at Amberleigh Ridge Apartments, 7205 Aventine Way. Held the third Thursday of almost every month, Business After Hours offers local professionals the opportunity to network and socialize at a different area business each month. For more information, please contact Stacy Carmosino at 423-763-4357 or email@example.com.
• Reality Check - Red Bank High School from 7:30 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. Friday at Red Bank High School, 640 Morrison Springs Road. Reality Check teaches ninth graders about budgeting and emphasizes the relationship between education and income by allowing students to role-play as heads of household providing for their families on a set budget. To volunteer for this Chamber Career Readiness program, call 423-763-4321.
• Member Orientation On-the-Go: East Brainerd from 8:30 to 10 a.m. Friday at University of Phoenix, 1208 Pointe Centre Drive, Suite 100. Learn more about how the Chamber can benefit you and your business. Free for members and nonmembers with a light breakfast. Please RSVP by Wednesday, Feb. 19 to Amanda Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org to participate.
• 2014 YP Awards from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday at The Chattanoogan, 1201 Broad St. Join the Young Professionals Association of Chattanooga as the organization celebrates the best and brightest young professionals in our community. This year's YP Award categories include YP of the Year, YP-Friendly Business of the Year, YP Corporate Innovator of the Year, YP Entrepreneur of the Year and the YP Civic Impact Award. Cost is $25 for members and $35 for non-members. Visit ypchattanooga.org for more information and to register.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress
related articles »
• Entrepreneur Bookkeeping from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Monday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Presenter: Lynn Talbott, Business ...
• QuickBooks Setup from 8 a.m. to noon Tuesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Presenter: Lynn Talbott, PHR, HR ...
• Red Bank Council Meeting at noon Tuesday at the Red Bank Community Center on Tom Weathers Drive, behind Erlanger ...
• Franchise Exploration Seminar from 8 to 10:30 a.m. Monday at the INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd.