published Tuesday, February 18th, 2014

Elderly man dies after pajamas catch fire in Chattanooga

An 80-year-old man whose pajamas caught fire Monday morning has died, Vanderbilt Medical Center staff confirm.

The fire happened around 7 Monday morning at the Vista Ridge Apartments off Card Road.

Soddy Daisy Fire Chief Mike Guffey said Ralph Grissom was trying to keep warm at the stove when his pajamas caught fire. He jumped into the shower to put out the flames.

Read more from our news partners at WRCB.

Other National Articles

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.