Events and Seminars
• Internships 101, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Boulevard. This seminar will feature a panel discussion about the pros and cons of establishing an internship program and cover best practices of setting up, managing, and advertising internships. Visit http://sl.aiminstitute.org/internships101 for more information and to register.
• East Brainerd Council Meeting from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Car Barn: 6721 Heritage Business Court. Mike Kramer of FSG Bank will talk on "Banking in the 21st Century." Meetings cost $10.
• Grant Writing Series 1--Fundamentals of Grant Writing 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday at United Way of Greater Chattanooga, 630 Market St., Chattanooga. As the first course in a four part Grant Writing Series, this class is an introduction to grant writing. It will provide participants with an overview of the entire grant writing process including research, ways to contact funding sources, and how to write grant proposals and grant reports. Fees: CNP members--$50; non-members--$75; entire series, CNP members-$150; non-members -$250. Visit the CNP website at www.cnpchatt.org or call 423-752-0329 for more information.
• AFP February Meeting from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Mountain City Club. Tom Mesaros presents "Creating a Fundraising Board." Register online at www.afpsetn.afpnet.org or pay with cash or check at the door.
• East Ridge Council Meeting 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Best Western Plus Arbour Inn and Suites: 6710 Ringgold Road. Hamilton County Commission District 8 Candidate Forum. Meetings cost $10.
• Enterprise Gateway Council Meeting from 8:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. Thursday at Hospice of Chattanooga: 4411 Oakwood Drive. Ben Ubamadu of Chattanooga State will speak on "Skills for the Next Generation of Manufacturing." Meetings cost $10.
• Small Business Orientation from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Boulevard. Counselor will discuss basic business planning, including financial projections and legal entities. Attendees will receive an information packet containing phone numbers and addresses for information about business licenses, taxes and other start-up materials. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this event is free and open to the public. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress