published Friday, January 31st, 2014

Car wash fire in Chattanooga caused by heater

Fire at Swifty Express Car Wash. Photo by Teri Rose
Fire at Swifty Express Car Wash. Photo by Teri Rose

A Chattanooga car wash caught on fire this morning after a heater was placed too close to the cloth wraps that spin around to wash vehicles, according to a news release.

The fire began shortly before 7 a.m. at Swifty Express Car Wash located at 4907 Highway 58.

Though the flames reached into the attic, firefighters were able to extinguish the fire in less than 15 minutes. No injuries were reported.

The loss was estimated at $20,000.

about Staff Report...

Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.