Events and Seminars
• Hixson Council Community Coffee Tuesday from 8 to 9 a.m. at the Holiday Inn Express, 4820 Hixson Pike. Free.
• Ambassador luncheon Tuesday from 11:30 to 1 p.m. at The Car Barn, 6721 Heritage Business Court. Costs $15 in advance or $20 at the door. Contact Meredith Rivers for more information or to register in advance at 423-763-4372 or email@example.com.
• An Hour with My Attorney Wednesday from 11 a.m. to noon at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. This seminar will explore leases, contracts, powers of attorney, corporate meetings and other topics of interest. Free and open to the public. Visit twww.tsbdc.org/chscc and scroll to view upcoming training or to register.
• MidTown Council meeting Wednesday from 11:45 a.m to 1 p.m. at Brainerd Golf Course, 5203 Old Mission Road. Costs $10.
• Growing Value and Wealth Inside and Outside Your Business Wednesday from 2 to 4:30 p.m. at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Join Cathy Boettner, LBMC's business strategist, and Stefanie Crowe, CapitalMark Bank & Trust's director of wealth services, for an afternoon discussing ways to enhance the value of your business and grow wealth. Free. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
• Downtown Council meeting Thursday from 7:30 to 9 a.m. at The Sheraton Read House Hotel, 827 Broad St. Speaker: Fred Fletcher, Chattanooga police chief. Costs $15 with valet parking included. Networking and breakfast from 7:30 to 8 a.m.
• QuickBooks online training Thursday from 8 a.m. to noon at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Presenter: Lynn Talbott, PHR, HR, of Business Solutions LLC. If you are a QBO user, or if you are thinking about moving to QBO, attend this training program which will cover cloud-based QBO system, review new features, show you how to open multiple windows in QBO, identify which QBO product does what and more. Computers provided. Registration and $110 fee are required at least one to two business days in advance. Call 423-756-8668 to provide payment. Visit www.tsbdc.org/chscc to register.
• East Ridge Council Community Coffee Thursday from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. at Best Western Plus, 6710 Ringgold Road. Free.
• Small business orientation Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Counselor will discuss basic business planning, including financial projections and legal entities. Attendees will receive an information packet containing phone numbers and addresses for information about business licenses and taxes, as well as other start-up materials. Free and open to the public. Visit www.tsbdc.org/chscc to register.
• Financing Your Business the SBA Way Thursday from 1 to 2 p.m. at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. This workshop covers SBA loan options, including which loan programs meet specific entrepreneurial needs. The session begins with the five C's of credit -- character, cash flow, collateral, capitalization and conditions. Discussion then transitions to an overview of SBA's loan programs and specific information about interest rates, repayment terms and preferred SBA express lenders. Free and open to the public. Visit www.tsbdc.org/chscc to register.
• Ambassador orientation Thursday from 3 to 5 p.m. at the Chamber Board Room, 811 Broad St. This volunteer orientation includes an overview of Chamber ambassador duties, as well as training that equips participants with strategies for leveraging Chamber connections to generate more business for their companies. RSVP to Brenda Harrison at BHarrison@chattanoogachamber.com.
• What Is a Business Plan, and Why Do I Need One? Thursday from 6 to 7 p.m. at BrightBridge Women's Business Center, 535 Chestnut St., Suite 161. This workshop is targeted to individuals who want to start or grow their business. Attendees will review the basics of the business plan, including the major components of the business plan, and why it is important to have a business plan. Free and open to the public. Call 423-424-4220 to register.
• YPAC after hours at the Lookouts Thursday at 7:15 p.m. at AT&T Field, 201 Power Alley. Join YPAC to watch the Lookouts take on the Huntsville Stars. Tickets cost $10 and include reserved seating with hot dogs, chips and access to a cash bar. Visit www.ypchattanooga.org for more information.
• Ooltewah/Collegedale Council Coffee Friday from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. at The Bridge at Ooltewah, 5901 Snow Hill Road. Free.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress