Events and Seminars
• QuickBooks setup Tuesday from 8 a.m. to noon at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Lynn Talbott of HR Business Solutions, LLC will speak. This hands-on class will teach you how to set up your new QuickBooks files for Pro, Premier or Enterprise version. The class will help determine which QuickBooks products are best for your business and cover the basics of using Quickbooks. Registration and fee of $110 due one to two business days in advance. Call 423-756-8668 to provide payment and register online by visiting www.tsbdc.org/chscc.
• GIGTANK Demo Day Tuesday from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at Girls Preparatory School, 205 Island Ave. Demo Day is a nationally promoted event designed to showcase the entrepreneurs of GIGTANK 2014, a startup accelerator hosted by The Company Lab. This third annual event will feature business pitches from each of GIGTANK's 11 startup teams, a keynote discussion from Terry Wohlers, the world's foremost authority on the 3-D printing industry, and panel discussions focused on GIGTANK's three industry tracks -- 3-D printing, health care and smart grid development. Free and open to the public.
• QuickBooks intermediate Tuesday from 1 to 5 p.m. at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. This class is designed for those who have at least six months of QuickBooks experience. Call 423-756-8668 to provide $110 payment and register online at www.tsbdc.org/chscc.
• "Is Your Website Open to Global Commerce?" Tuesday from 9 to 11 a.m. at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Discussion on making a website ready for global commerce and a review on what it takes to ship an order internationally. Register online at www.tsbdc.org/chscc.
• Connect for lunch Wednesday from noon to 1 p.m. at participating local restaurants. Grow your business in face-to-face lunch meetings with two or three members. Make real connections that can lead to real business relationships. Enjoy great food and conversation at local restaurants. Visit www.connect4lunch.com/chattanooga chamber to register.
• Small business orientation Thursday from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity. You will receive an information packet containing phone numbers and addresses for information about business licenses and taxes and other startup materials. Free. Register online at www.tsbdc.org/chscc; scroll to view upcoming training.
• Ooltewah/Collegedale Council Coffee Friday from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. at Hampton Inn, 6145 Weir Way.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress