published Wednesday, June 18th, 2014

Oceans

about Clay Bennett...

The son of a career army officer, Bennett led a nomadic life, attending ten different schools before graduating in 1980 from the University of North Alabama with degrees in Art and History. After brief stints as a staff artist at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the Fayetteville (NC) Times, he went on to serve as the editorial cartoonist for the St. Petersburg Times (1981-1994) and The Christian Science Monitor (1997-2007), before joining the staff of the ...

197
Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.
TheJackDennis said...

Blame Dubya.

June 18, 2014 at 12:23 a.m.
Easy123 said...

Hard-hitting analysis by the admitted sex offender, TheJackDennis.

June 18, 2014 at 2:25 a.m.
fairmon said...

Who rules the sea and earthquakes and who claims to know who it is? Worse than we thought, how bad did they think it was before this discovery?

June 18, 2014 at 6:04 a.m.
conservative said...

Question.

What does the god Poseidon and man made global warming have in common?

Answer.

They are both myths.

June 18, 2014 at 8:11 a.m.
timbo said...

Easy123....You need to lay-off the name calling. Ok..Ok..we know what you think of JackDennis. Give it a rest...

On the stupid Bennett cartoon, data from biased sources mean nothing. We don't except yours or Bennett's sources as gospel.

Bennett is obsessed with this subject.

June 18, 2014 at 8:33 a.m.
timbo said...

conservative...Good on..myth is right.

June 18, 2014 at 8:36 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

thanks, Tim. btw, there's not a particle of truth to that claim.

June 18, 2014 at 8:40 a.m.

Yeah, that article isn't biased, easy.

You libs are clueless. The majority of citizens in this country are trying to hold on to jobs, deal with the increasing price of food, look for work, and are sick of hearing about how awful we are and that we should feel guilty for driving, heating our homes for using toilet paper. They're sick of your stupid sales pitches telling us that illegal aliens are special/weak borders are OK, deserters are heroes, BO is the smartest man on earth, Hellary is the smartest woman on earth, Hellary is poor, and letting 5 top terrorists go free poses no danger to this country.

I also read the other day that underground volcanoes are responsible for some melting ice. Are we responsible for the temperature of the magma below the earth, as well?

I guess we should be preoccupied with this hoax and how toned MO's arms are rather than the fact that our borders have completely collapsed, huh?

June 18, 2014 at 8:56 a.m.
timbo said...

Not to mention no matter what we do, China and India will keep pouring on the CO2.

June 18, 2014 at 9:14 a.m.
timbo said...

theJackDennis....The other day, she called me ugly. Evidently she looked up a picture of me on line. Yea, I am a 58 year old guy that is a little overweight, big deal. What is Easy123..a super model?

Nothing is beneath her in the insult world. She is the typical liberal, no logic, no facts, just name-calling....

June 18, 2014 at 9:17 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Tim, sorry she has your name. She is evil. TFP should banish her a$$.

June 18, 2014 at 9:24 a.m.
mozemoose said...

The implied arrogance of this cartoon is astounding.

June 18, 2014 at 9:58 a.m.
Plato said...

timbo the scientist said...

"conservative...Good on..myth is right."

timbo the scientist apparently thinks that a study conducted and published by the journal Paleoceanography; the journal Proceedings of the Royal Society B, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration research; and The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change estimates are all "myths".

Gee if only Newsmax or Breitbart would speak out on this subject we could finally get to the truth - right timbo? :)

June 18, 2014 at 10:14 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

^^ not me, Plato. I get my truth from Salon.Com and MSNBC.

June 18, 2014 at 10:35 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

U.S. Patent Office Cancels 6 Redskins Trademarks. sure to make the Statists happy. Imagine, the Bureau of Patents now has the power of PC

June 18, 2014 at 10:40 a.m.

Outrageous, Jack. The IRS punishing certain political groups, and now the U.S.Patent Office is a tool of the left. Go REDSKINS!

June 18, 2014 at 10:51 a.m.

I guess Alprova got bounced for his character assassinations. Is that correct? I suggest, Easy, that you back off.

June 18, 2014 at 10:59 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

^^Don't know for sure, Zab. Hopefully.

June 18, 2014 at 11:15 a.m.
timbo said...

Plato....I have been in the chemistry business for 34 years. Many jobs including research. I now own a chemical company for 22 years. I can read data better than a laymen can. I don't have to have it be interpreted by whatever scientist looking for the research gravy train wants me to think.

You on the other hand, trust scientists that give opinions based on your already held political and environmental assumptions. That is why you people have this religious fervor on environmental issues. I don't have a dog in this fight except that I see a fraud being played out to elevate this "crisis" to a point we will make bad decisions.

I compare it to the AIDS scare. AIDS is not, and never has been a SIGNIFICANT threat to heterosexuals. It was however a huge threat to the gay population. In order to get funding, gays had to make sure that the general population, including heterosexuals, saw it as a threat to them also. The reason, just like the global warming bunch...to get funding for research. That is why the data has been manipulated. None of the major predictions are coming true because they were based on faulty data.

June 18, 2014 at 11:38 a.m.
timbo said...

theJackDennis....Easy123 is just plain creepy. I don't care if she knows my name or if she thinks I am ugly, racist, misogynist, or green with purple polka-dots.

Just her treatment of anyone that disagrees with her, especially you with this nasty accusation, shows her character. I don't think she realizes that she could be liable for her false accusations.

June 18, 2014 at 11:43 a.m.
timbo said...

Hey guys, these libs are making fun of us for not believing the global warning hoax and they believe that the IFS e-mails were eaten by electronic rats. These are the guys questioning our judgement.

Anyone who believes that those e-mails were lost, is either a myopic partisan or just plain stupid.

June 18, 2014 at 11:46 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Tim, those eaten emails were pure coincidence. 💩

June 18, 2014 at 11:50 a.m.

There's no chance that there's no trace of her emails. There're backups, and what of the folks who received her emails. Their computers crashed to? This administration is as corrupt as it gets.

June 18, 2014 at 11:56 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

President Obama's approval rating has dropped to 41 percent, a majority of Americans disapprove of his handling of foreign policy issues, he has lost support from the Hispanic community and Americans actually think his administration is less competent than the Bush White House post-Hurricane Katrina, according to a new survey from the Wall Street Journal and NBC News. this fromNBC's Chuck Todd.

June 18, 2014 at 11:57 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

But Zab, with no pressure from the media, and a wimpy Republican Party, they will continue to get away with this sh!t.

June 18, 2014 at noon
TheJackDennis said...

Bout time for IQ to come on and announce (again) that we're all fearful, racist, homophobic, mysoginistic , heartless, mopes. Eh, IQ?

June 18, 2014 at 12:03 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

'Wave of humanity': Border Patrol overwhelmed by flow of illegal immigrants" Maybe we should bus them to Malibu, Boston, NYC, or IQ's house. That would stop it.

June 18, 2014 at 12:20 p.m.
timbo said...

It is not conspiracies that are rare. They happen all the time. Our courts are full of conspiracies. Coincidence is rare..after several coincidences happen in a row, it morphs to conspiracy. These libs are "coincidence theorists."

...and by the way...I am a racist, misogynist, ignorant, ugly, etc. etc. ......I thought I would get that out of the way. Oh..I forgot, I am sexist...and hate gays....

Ok, libs...did I cover everything?

June 18, 2014 at 12:23 p.m.

Right, Jack. The media is bought and paid for, he's their man, and the GOP don't have the stones to do what needs to be done. Pathetic.

What the U.S.Patent agency as done, as directed by BO most likely, is pretty earth shattering. What that means now is that the Redskins will lose millions and millions of dollars in merchandise sales..more probably. Their logo, and their name, Washington Redskins, can be used by anyone. They can keep using the name, but that's it.

I often go to Arizona, northern Arizona, and New Mexico, and I can't say how many times I've seen native Americans wearing Washington Redskin hats, jackets, and shirts.

June 18, 2014 at 12:24 p.m.

Yeah, if "our future rests on dreamers"/illegal aliens, then D.C. Malibu, NYC, San Fran, Aspin, Martha's Vinyard, and The Hamptons, should love having them in their communities. House them, feed them, give them work, and pay for their education.

June 18, 2014 at 12:29 p.m.
timbo said...

I still haven't got over UTC changing to a mockingbird. Chief Mocanooga wasn't that scary but he was scarier than a mockingbird. Chattanooga was PC before is was cool. Be careful, that bird is swooping down to mess up your hair.

June 18, 2014 at 12:29 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Stanford was once The Indians. That wouldn't do, so they change it to the Cardinal. Not the bird, mind you. (that would never do) The color cardinal.

June 18, 2014 at 12:32 p.m.
timbo said...

You know..I think that cartoon depicts a drunk Bennett after an all night costume party (He was Poseidon) face up in a 4 in. of ditch water.

June 18, 2014 at 12:37 p.m.

Stanford is so PC that they didn't even want to offend the bird, do they just picked the color. The liberal world is anal and bland.

The Redskins will have no choice now but to change their name. Merchandise accounts for a massive portion of an NFL teams revenue. The TV networks may not display their logo and name anymore, because it's not the team's trademark anymore, and because they're libs.

If the Redskins are to make money with merchandise, then they have no choice. If they don;'t make money, then the NFL doesn't.

I guarantee that their will be a huge backlash. The team should protest by officially changing their name to, the team formerly known as the Redskins..and have no logo, no colors and sell no merchandise.

June 18, 2014 at 12:44 p.m.
timbo said...

Soon Indians will not want to call themselves Indians anymore. That will be derogatory somehow. Native American is false because there are no Homo sapiens native to this hemisphere. WE ALL CAME HERE FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE.

June 18, 2014 at 2:01 p.m.

Timbo, yes we did. "native Americans" originated in Asia.

This really big deal because it could impact all of our lives in many ways. This government/this POTUS, this turd in the WH is about being in our face always. His "our future rests on dreamers"/illegal aliens comment is such offensive slap in the fact of All U.S citizens who contribute and make this country work, and abide by our laws. What a despicable character.

June 18, 2014 at 2:13 p.m.
timbo said...

He is an idiot on the highest order. The worst president in US history.

June 18, 2014 at 2:52 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

timbo, there are chemists, manager/owners and scientists. Generally someone fitting into the former two do not fit the category of the latter. A good scientist reads the warming data objectively and realizes it is true to a reasonably high degree of certainty to warrant action.

June 18, 2014 at 3:09 p.m.

I think he is the worst president in US. I'm no historian, but I do know enough to be set on that. Easily. He's the most lawless, disrespectful, narcissistic, dictatorial and the least hard working of all the presidents.

June 18, 2014 at 3:11 p.m.
Plato said...

inquiringmind said...

"timbo, there are chemists, manager/owners and scientists. Generally someone fitting into the former two do not fit the category of the latter."

Hey what are you saying? Timbo owns a pest extermination business, and he knows a heck a lot more about environmental stuff than those egg-headed Phds working for free grant money!

June 18, 2014 at 3:18 p.m.

Nixon had Watergate. What he did was unethical and illegal. But, BO has far surpassed him. I'll take Nixon over BO anyday. Harding and Grant had a lot corruption going on in their terms, but they weren't anti-American narcissists like BO. Jimmy Carter was a disaster, but he wasn't lawless. He respected our Constitution and did serve his country. There have been many weak and worthless presidents, but nobody like this guy. I didn't like Clinton, but I'll take him over BO. Clinton was impeached for perjury, but BO could be impeached for a few things. LBJ was a disaster. He ramped up the war just to prove he had balls.

BO is in a category all by himself. Hellcat, will build on what BO did, or try to. She's a nightmare waiting to happen. She may not have the house and senate on her side if she wins, though.

June 18, 2014 at 3:23 p.m.

This illegal mess and BO's encouraging the illegal alien invasion has put U.S citizens in danger. He should be impeached for actively encouraging illegals. He let 5 top terrorists loose to kill again without informing Congress properly, and picks and chooses what parts of laws to enforce. If he was white, and not a liberal/dem he would have been impeached, and you'd never hear the end of it by the media.

June 18, 2014 at 3:27 p.m.

Woodrow Wilson was a jerk who didn't respect the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence, but BO has by far surpassed him.

Yeah, he's the worst.

June 18, 2014 at 3:31 p.m.

It's snowing in Utah, Montana, Wyoming and Colorado today and it's June 18th. So what does that mean?

You libs keep it up...the citizenry has long reached the point of fatigue on your never ending doomsday predictions. If you want to bitch at anyone about polluting go to China and do it. Your guilt trip strategy is wearing thin because your spokespeople like, Al Gore and Leoretardo Di Crapio, and Larry David's bitchy wife have one standard for them, and another for everyone else. You keep attacking regular folks for driving to work, driving on vacation, heating and cooling their homes, and a pile more things. Just leave us alone. If you want to take some burden off of "mother earth" start by killing yourselves. Less carbon footprint and flatulence, right?

June 18, 2014 at 3:46 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

I love it guys, you want to bring tricky dicky back

June 18, 2014 at 4:10 p.m.
timbo said...

Inquiringmind...Nixon was dishonest but he wasn't incompetent. There hasn't been president in my lifetime, democrat or Republican that has made me feel so uneasy that no one is in charge. That they are making purely political decisions.

Look, I know there are a bunch of liars on these sites, but you know who I am, I have used my name. There are people who know me. It is stupid to keep implying that I am not what I say I am.

My reading of the data, like a lot of other scientists, is that it is inconclusive at best. Insulting me is not going to change that or intimidate me to shut up.

June 18, 2014 at 4:38 p.m.
fairmon said...

It is time for the Washington Redskins to move and leave that dump D.C. without a team. Guess Harry Reid wants them to be called the senators like the bb team. The Washington Wrecks would be fitting.

June 18, 2014 at 4:39 p.m.
fairmon said...

It is another myth to avoid drilling for oil and to increase taxes.

June 18, 2014 at 4:40 p.m.
timbo said...

By the way, Nixon's "crimes and misdemeanors" were small compared to Obama. The difference is the less than aggressive press and the fact that Democrats, unlike Republicans of that time, will not understand how destructive Obama is to your future. He will set the democrat party back 20 years if you don't do something about him. He makes you all look foolish and dishonest.

The second article of impeachment for Richard Nixon was misuse of the IRS for political reasons. If they find the "dog ate my homework" e-mails, we might just have the same situation. Then the press won't protect Obama anymore.

June 18, 2014 at 4:43 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

timbo, Nixon was the ultimate pragmatist drunk on power. He broke the law flagrantly. He would have not only been impeached, but removed from office had he not resigned. But wait, Reagan lied about the iran-contra affair.

June 18, 2014 at 5:06 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

IQ, you right about Nixon and Reagan. And BHO is the paragon of virtue.

June 18, 2014 at 5:18 p.m.

BO has broken the law flagrantly, and is incompetent. Jackpot!

The Democrat controlled House at the time didn't impeach Reagan, because there was nothing to impeach him for. BO is the consummate liar. He lies every time his lips move.

fairmon, they should move. Reid wants his scrawny, wrinkled face in profile on their helmet. I say they should pull out of the NFL and be part of a new league. The league would have a solid base in D.C. to start. TV contracts and merchandise are how NFL owners make most of their money. Attendance, mostly luxury boxes, don't account for as much. The NFL can't make any money off the Reskins name and logo anymore, neither can the team. This action be challenged in court.

June 18, 2014 at 5:22 p.m.

The Redskins are one of the most valuable and popular NFL teams. They're in one of the wealthiest areas of the country. Thanks to the fed. government. It's a huge TV market. The fans of the Redskins are being completely ignored in this. They're the ones that matter. If they like the name, they should keep it.

I say leave the league and get together with other billionares and start a new league. Maybe the Koch brothers will help finance. That would sticking it to Reid!

June 18, 2014 at 5:26 p.m.
timbo said...

inquiringmind...Nixon was as you say, and Republicans recognized it too. The liberal press at the time justifiably hounded him. The problem is now the liberal press is not doing their job.

I want you to think back on your thoughts when they announced that 18 minutes of Nixon's tapes were missing. Now think about how we feel when we are told that 2 years of the exact time and the exact people we wanted to hear from about the IRS has disappeared because of a computer glitch. My engineer is hacker quality on computers and is a democrat who voted for Obama twice and he told me today that he could retreive those e-mails easily. THEY NEVER DISAPPEAR. Even he said they were lying about that.

No matter how far you are up Obama's rear, in your heart you know it is a lie. Honesty is first...Nixon was dishonest and paid, if Obama is dishonest then he needs to pay no matter if you like him or not.

...but wait..Obama has lied about Fast and Furious, Benghazi, IRS, the VA, ....

You guys defending him makes you look as corrupt as he is. If he is innocent, let's see the e-mails and it will exonerate him. That won't happen, will it?

June 18, 2014 at 5:31 p.m.

Good points, Timbo. Lying, overt corruption and lawlessness are perfectly with modern day dems/libs. They have the media on their side, and the race card to intimidate.

June 18, 2014 at 5:37 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

Timbo is always good for a laugh. It's a hoot to see how seriously he takes himself and his "science" credentials. He's a chemist, ya'll! Whoop-dee-friggin'-doo! So his ability to "read data" trumps every other climate scientist and scientist in general who not only reads the data but has compiled it and had it peer-reviewed over and over. And let's not forget the undisputed (right-wing) "fact" that EVERY climatologist and scientist worldwide who supports the theory of anthropogenic climate change is lying, all because they desperately need that government money to keep plying their trade. Obviously scientific integrity means nothing to climate scientists, as they have all sold their souls - every single one of 'em - to big gubmint. Yes, EVERY climate scientist WORLDWIDE is no doubt involved in this massive liberal conspiracy of telling lies, just so big bad gubmint can do its evil thing. And ONLY chemist timbo and others who come to the same conclusion as he are expert in "reading data."

Now THAT is really a hoot! Thanks for a good laugh, Mr. Science Guy. You don't really take yourself seriously....do you??

June 18, 2014 at 5:45 p.m.

You're right Rickaroo, it is fraud. Ever heard of the University East Anglia mess? Frauds. It's snowed in Montana, Wyoming, Utah and Colorado today. I guess we're approaching an ice age.

June 18, 2014 at 5:52 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

"You on the other hand, trust scientists that give opinions based on your already held political and environmental assumptions. That is why you people have this religious fervor on environmental issues. I don't have a dog in this fight except that I see a fraud being played out to elevate this "crisis" to a point we will make bad decisions." - timbo

Yes, you do have a dog in this fight. It is almost entirely right-wingers who deny AGW, and you are all hell-bent on denying the FACTS presented by climatologists because you know that, if true, then the government will most certainly clamp down on the polluting industries. And that scares the hell out of you. I find it interesting that you are passionate in your claim that every climate scientist is lying just so they can prop up this "big-government agenda" and so that they can get continued funding, but you completely turn a blind eye to the vested interests of Big Oil and the polluting industries that are spending huge bucks in their propaganda campaign to keep the truth from getting out. The anti-climate change campaign waged against the scientists who are speaking the truth is almost identical to the campaign waged by the tobacco companies a few years ago against the scientific facts linking smoking and cancer.

It really should not be a political issue. It should be purely a scientific one. But the anti-government teabagging idiots and the anti-science fundies have had so much influence in politics and in society in general that they have created an anti-science and anti-government atmosphere in this country that borders on sheer lunacy.

June 18, 2014 at 6:09 p.m.

It's not issue at all. It's only an issue because you lefties have made it one. You're always trying to find ways to control everyone. All of your idiotic deadlines come and go.

It's laughable. Your climate guru, Al Gore, is a complete fraud and a hypocrite.

We have no control over the earths climate. Science has proven that the earth has had warmups and ice ages..many of them. Long before we were around. The fact is no one can say for sure why things happen most of the time. We live on volatile ball, with a molten core, on plates that shift, with volcanoes, revolving around a giant ball of fire. We're nothing. Nothing we do can cause or stop hurricanes, tornadoes, cyclones, earthquakes, arctic air masses, blizzards....etc

You use guilt and fear to get what you want..which is control and tax dollars.

You libs repeat stuff over and over until it's taken as fact.

Like I said, if you want to take on out of control polluters and slobs, go to China.

You don't like anything. The earth provides us with oil, which has changed everything, and has enabled us to advance, yet you bitch about that as well because people profit from it.

June 18, 2014 at 6:55 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Roo, scientists giving opinions based on political views? Cuts both ways, amigo.

June 18, 2014 at 6:57 p.m.

I guess profit related to the "climate change"/"man-made global warming"/"climate disruption" is ok, though, huh? Carbon credits? LOL

June 18, 2014 at 7:05 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

timbo, read the story on the hard drive. IRS also said it was recovering the e-mails via copies sent to recipients of the e-mails. Nothing really disappears when you use e-mail. They (the Red House whodunnits) could always ask the NSA for a copy.

Also Nixon ordered the tape edited (deleted), Obama has nothing to lose from your prayed for IRS secret plot. none of the evidence suggests a higher level knowledge of the issue, but had I been president, I'd be sure to push my government to do its duty to investigate anyone claiming a non-profit or tax-exempt status to be sure it was legal. After all, if they are doing something legal, as you would say, what do they have to fear from being investigated??

The IRS is just doing its job, being sure tax dodges are used properly in the effort to buy elections. They investigated so-called "liberal" groups also, not only the John Birchers, oops Kock bros.

You guys are like a puppy dog that won't let something go even after its tattered and shredded. You are beating a dead horse. Give it up and get a life.

The subject (of the cartoon) seems to be global warming. But of course that has to be some kind of deep conspiracy fomented on the innocent public by a bunch of commie-pinko-homo satanists that have a political and religious agenda (Clay did use that false god greek poseidon [we know what the Greeks do ;-)] ,seducing our children away from the one true God to a homosexual lifestyle) and whom pull the strings on the international banking community thereby controlling the world's economy through the council on indigenous affairs...Dag-nabbit! where's my gun...

June 18, 2014 at 7:06 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

JD, you are a prime example of the type of American who has drunk the Kool-Aid of the anti-science numbskulls. You refuse to listen to the one group of scientists who are the specialists in their field, who have studied climate change more thoroughly than anyone else, and you choose to listen instead to those, like timbo here, who thinks his chemistry degree makes him an authority figure, or you listen to the shills and pseudo-scientists who have only done a superficial, cursory study of it, if at all. It boggles my mind how you deniers can be so certain that EVERY climate scientist throughout the world who supports the theory of anthropogenic climate change is involved in some massive liberal conspiracy. It is utterly insane to think that. That's like believing the pharmacist or hair dresser who tells you that you don't have a brain tumor and ignoring the neurologist who has examined you thoroughly and tells you that you do. It's nuts.

June 18, 2014 at 7:44 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

If OJ was a Republican/Conservative, you nutjobs would be proclaiming his innocence. Fister, the standard-bearing GOP disciple, wants impeachment. What are the charges and where is the evidence? In Conservative LaLa Land, I guess what you non-thinkers hear on Rush or Hannity is concrete, damnable proof. There is no Benghazi scandal (other then the one the Repubs created). There is no Berghdahl scandal (other then the one the Repubs created). Again, you are certifiably nuts to believe that illegals are coming to the US to vote. I bet your family members will be happy in 2017, they won't have to hear you whine nonstop (unless a Democrat wins the office).

June 18, 2014 at 7:55 p.m.
volsam said...

Can any liberal or progressive on this forum name one good thing that The Obama regime has accomplished in 6 years in office?

June 18, 2014 at 8:19 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

It doesn't matter what they say volsam, if it is something "good" you Republicans will not admit it or you will attempt to give credit to a Republican. Or it will be spun. But here are a few:

-No troops in Iraq -Economy has vastly improved since 2008 -DADT gone -Most parts of Obamacare -Bin Laden dead -Qaddafi dead

June 18, 2014 at 8:26 p.m.
volsam said...

I take it you can't come up with anything, I couldn't either.

June 18, 2014 at 8:45 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Apparently, Volsam is functionally illiterate. Get someone to read this to you:

GaussianInteger said...

"-No troops in Iraq -Economy has vastly improved since 2008 -DADT gone -Most parts of Obamacare -Bin Laden dead -Qaddafi dead"

June 18, 2014 at 9:41 p.m.

At first glance at the cartoon I thought Jesus had had one too many drinks at one of his supper parties and tried that walking on water bit at high tide.

Get a little too much Mogen David in Jesus and he's a pretty funny guy and quite a hit with the ladies. Not a bit like his crazy Dad.

June 18, 2014 at 10:15 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

volsam, Just replacing bush the younger was enough, but even more we have the ACA, we are about to get out of Iraq and Afghanistan, and he may close gitomo, de facto. Even though he has let power go to his head with the NSA, he has done quite a lot. He also proposed reasonable legislation for controlling guns and immigrant that forced the Reds to show their true colors. And may well have paved the way for Ms. Clinton.

June 18, 2014 at 10:21 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

of course, he may step on his own male body part and reenergize the war in Iraq to all our dishonor and woe.

June 18, 2014 at 10:25 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

IQ, if you think BO has done any favors for Pant Suit, you're deranged.

June 18, 2014 at 10:31 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

haw!

June 19, 2014 at 12:01 a.m.
fairmon said...

Acidic oceans? The ability to measure and a base are not credible.

Who labeled all the evidence of incompetence as scandals? There is a difference in just being screwed up and a poor manager than some sinister plot. Too much credit for intelligence is given failures to manage well when the results are so bad the natural conclusion is that it had to be intentional.

Recent approval rating results are essentially in line with the percent of people that are unaware of events and the governments reaction to and handling of them.

June 19, 2014 at 4:14 a.m.
fairmon said...

Where is alprova? Anyone know if he really has a used car lot and where it is? I need to find a cheap car or truck (reliable junker) to buy for a young guy to drive to work.

June 19, 2014 at 7:02 a.m.
Reardon said...

Here's the inherent problem with the Climate Change believers.

Let's say they are completely right -- Man-made global warming is true and preventable.

Further, let's say America initiates laws and regulatory action to cut emissions 50% within the next 10 years.

The inherent problem is STILL not solved. Why? Because GLOBAL climate change is a GLOBAL problem.

And with countries such as China, Russia, and other rising powers concerned with growing their power internationally, the last thing they care about is diminishing its strength by dismantling its infrastructure, to maybe make a marginal decrease in global warming/cooling/climate change.

And the bottom line is this will NEVER happen under current geo-political conditions, thus, the argument to dismantle our current fossil-fuel-driven power infrastructure is moot.

June 19, 2014 at 7:06 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

I agree that nothing will, or perhaps can, be done to stop climate change, but since our military is quietly preparing for it, as are governments from the national down to the municipal, it must be real.

June 19, 2014 at 7:51 a.m.

Gauss, you don't know what you're talking about. I don't represent anything GOP. The GOP is not a conservative party. I don't know what they are. They're rudderless, and if the gain control of the Senate in the fall, which they probably will, it won't be because of anything they've done right, but it will be a backlash against BO's reign of arrogance and bullying.

Libs/BO/Reid/fed.gov are going after the Washington Redskins with incredible passion, but are looking the other way on our borders so they can gain from it politically, as are the GOP.

June 19, 2014 at 8:58 a.m.

What is the military preparing for? BO gave a speech at West Point and told them that they won't be sent into battle, but will be needed in the fight against "climate Change".

What is going to have them do, shoot missiles into tornadoes, hurricanes and blizzards? Attack an arctic front with tanks? This is madness. What is it, climatezilla vs America? It's always about creating an sense of panic with lefties. But, when there really is a problem, like our borders falling apart, well that's just our future coming to greet us and we'll be just fine.

He came into office bragging about the sea levels would be lowered in his term..what a lunatic.

There's still ice in Lake Superior now. It snowed in places out west yesterday. The climate is completely unpredictable, and always has been. There is no norm.

June 19, 2014 at 9:16 a.m.

Yeah, Jack, the fact that they have to do that because the fed gov/BO won't is disgraceful.

Criminals or terrorists will take advantage of our weak borders. That's being ignored. BO and Holder are not doing what they're supposed to. If the military or national guard can be used to fight "climate change", and if the fed gov. can mobilize asap against a rancher in Nevada, then we can spare a couple of thousand troop to protect our citizens. We're being completely taken advantage of.

This is almost comical if wasn't so dangerous. The government goes after a football team to force them to change their name, while looking the other way when citizens are in danger. Jackass administration.

June 19, 2014 at 10:29 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Zab, please stop the racist rants.

June 19, 2014 at 10:59 a.m.
onetinsoldier said...

Every time I peek under this bridge, I see the same trolls wallowing in their ignorance. All of you should give great thanks to Clay Bennett, because without him you would be homeless.

June 19, 2014 at 11:38 a.m.
timbo said...

Rickaroo...Your simplistic view of what I think of climate scientists is not what I said. I said they were misinterpreting the data. It is common when TRYING to prove a theory, that you aspire too, to interpret the data in a biased way. It is human nature. Throw in some of you guy's political philosophy and you can see why I am skeptical.

You say we all think these guys are lying. The fact is that a lot of proponents of this "theory" are profiting from its "existence." Scientists get grants, write books, publish in magazines, etc. and people like Gore profit by selling carbon credits and making apparatus to fix a problem that I don't think exists. This money changing hands poisoned and calls into question the analysis and the motives of these people.

You make fun of my credentials by saying that how could a lowly chemist read this complicated data. Chemistry is ten times more complicated than climatology. How do you know that these scientists you believe in are telling the truth or have any ability at all? You take someone else's word, I keep my own council.

The way you do it, is to use your preconceived notion and cherry pick data that agrees with you. That is what Gore has done. I don't have a financial stake in this, I just think that the conclusions are wrong. In the end, it is my opinion that it doesn't matter who is right or wrong here. The earth is a huge system, whatever direction it is moving cannot be changed overnight. It might take hundreds of years. If you are right, it is already a done deal. Our puny efforts won't change anything.

If you are wrong we will have wasted trillions on something that will never happen. The fact is, we can't change it so why spend the money.

June 19, 2014 at 11:43 a.m.
Plato said...

Reardon - The argument you are advancing "we can't do everything so do nothing" isn't a valid argument.

For starters we are still the biggest producer of green house gases per capita in the world so it starts with us to begin lower them. Alternatives like wind and solar are rapidly declining in price. IN some parts of the country wind is already replacing coal due purely on the basis of cost notwithstanding the environmental advantages.

Other countries are working on this problem as well. China is investing over 100 Billion US dollars a year on developing alternative energy sources becasue their cities are so polluted from coal combustion.

IF the true cost of coal combustion, including the cost to health care were placed on utilities, it would be the most expensive fuel currently available. There is an enormous potential for a worldwide energy technological revolution as countries around the world switch from expensive, dirty fossil fuels to cheaper, cleaner alternatives. We would be wise, as a country to be at the forefront of that revolution.

June 19, 2014 at 11:49 a.m.
Plato said...

timbo - let me tell you why your theory of how the scientific community is addressing climate change is wrong (in addition to what others have said).

If you are truly a scientist you would know that when you identify a hypothesis, your first course of business is to do everything you can to disprove it. The hypothesis under the scientific method would be that man made greenhouse gas emissions DO NOT cause Global warming. If you cannot prove that, then the the null hypothesis, that greenhouse gases DO cause Global warming is accepted. When you publish your findings in a journal, the scientific community then reacts to it be attempting to disprove the theory you are advancing. To date there has not been one single Peer Reviewed Study that disputes the findings of numerous scientific organizations around the world that man man greenhouse gases are causing significant climate change and the results on civilization will be dramatic.

June 19, 2014 at 11:58 a.m.
timbo said...

inquiringmind....You say there is no evidence that Obama knew anything about this. You say Nixon ordered the tapes erased? You are either ignorant of history or lying. Nothing has ever been proven and there is no evidence that he ordered it. Here is the TRUTH about the claim of what happened to the 18.5 minutes.

"According to President Nixon's secretary, Rose Mary Woods, on September 29, 1973 she was reviewing a tape of the June 20, 1972, recordings[4] when she said she had made "a terrible mistake" during transcription. While playing the tape on a Uher 5000, she answered a phone call. Reaching for the Uher 5000 stop button, she said that she mistakenly hit the button next to it, the record button. For the duration of the phone call, about 5 minutes, she kept her foot on the device's pedal, causing a five-minute portion of the tape to be re-recorded. When she listened to the tape, the gap had grown to 18½ minutes and she later insisted that she was not responsible for the remaining 13 minutes of buzz." Nothing was said by her that she was ordered to do it by anyone. The fact is that I am sure she was ordered to do it just as I am sure the IRS was ordered to do it. My common sense doesn't appear and reappear like yours does because of a D or R by someone's name. The similarities to Watergate are eerie. We just have a lap dog, liberal press who want investigate.

Sound familiar? It is the same type of "dog at my homework" excuse that the IRS/Obama administration is trying to feed us. The reason there is no "proof" is because they have tried to destroy the evidence. It is a big deal, using the IFS against your political enemies. I repeat, that was the 2nd acticle of impeachment for Nixon. I would say the liklihood of the White House being behind the IRS scandal is about 90%

The myth that liberal groups were investigated has already been debunked. There were very few. Also, the Kock brothers have every right to spend money just like your hero George Soros. The Kock brothers are pikers compared to that guy. Again, you have selective outrage.

You better get rid of Obama politically or he will set the dems back 20 years. He is going to bring you down.

By the way, conspiracies happen all the time. Go to the courthouse sometime and stick your head in a courtroom. It is coincidence that is rare. The fact that they lost the most critical time period (2009-2011), of Lois Lerner and her 6 conspirators is one of those coincidences. When coincidence is common, it becomes a conspiracy.

Stick your head in the sand...

June 19, 2014 at 12:19 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

I doubt chemistry is much more complicated than climatology.

And, yes, the pentagon has been preparing for awhile. Quietly. Including how to protect Arctic shipping lanes and assets that will be accessible soon. And how to respond to unrest in areas that will be affected by drought, flooding, etc.

June 19, 2014 at 12:21 p.m.
timbo said...

Plato...Green house gases levels have increased and decreased according to many other factors through the worlds history.

  1. 95% of CO2 sources are natural.
  2. There has historically been much more CO2 in our atmosphere than exists today. For example, during the Jurassic Period (200,000 years ago), average CO2 concentrations were about 1800 ppm or about 4.7 times higher than today. The highest concentrations of CO2 during all of the Paleozoic Era occurred during the Cambrian Period, nearly 7000 ppm — about 18 times higher than today. Today’s atmospheric CO2 is only nearing 400 ppm, which is extremely low in comparison.
  3. The Carboniferous Period and the Ordovician Period were the only geological periods during the past half million years when global temperatures were as low as they are today. Climate change during the Carboniferous Period was dominated by the great Carboniferous Ice Age. Looking back at the history of planet Earth today’s temperatures are rather cold.
  4. Volcanic activity increases cause huge increases in CO2 levels.
  5. Solar radiation fluctuations cause the production of CO2.
  6. The earth will probably correct itself by increasing plankton and vegetation that "filters" carbon dioxide by making oxygen.

Is that enough for you. ? Why don't you look at both sides?

June 19, 2014 at 12:38 p.m.
conservative said...

"Pentagon Ridiculed for Debunked “Climate” Report"

"Even in a federal bureaucracy infamous for squandering taxpayer dollars, the massive sums of public wealth burned up paying for and preparing for absurd “global-warming” scenarios still stick out. Now, the Defense Department is dealing with ridicule and strong criticism over an embarrassing “climate” report produced by consultants a decade ago that was wrong about literally everything. Lawmakers, too, are getting fed up with the “climate” antics, with the House voting to prohibit any more Pentagon spending on Obama’s increasingly outlandish global-warming alarmism."

http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/environment/item/18418-pentagon-ridiculed-for-debunked-climate-report

June 19, 2014 at 12:42 p.m.
timbo said...

ikeithlu....Well, when I was in college, environmental science was a crip course like Music Appreciation or under-water basket weaving.

I looked into the academic study of climatology to see if you could get a degree in that discipline. What I found was absolutely dumbfounding. Look it up...

Here is the description of study of Climatology in an Education Portal.

"Those interested in an undergraduate climatology program may want to select a program that is devoted to atmospheric science rather than one that offers climatology courses in conjunction with another specialty. These specialized programs offer instruction in all areas of atmospheric science, including air pollution, weather analysis and climate management, in addition to core courses in mathematics, computer science and physical sciences that prepare the student for graduate climate research. Some undergraduate programs also qualify students for employment with the National Weather Service."

In other word, there aren't any serious degrees in "climatology." Most are off-shoots of degrees in Atmospheric Science. It seems that all these people you guys think are so technical basically appointed themselves as "climatologists." Also, "climatology" is only interpreting data, there is no way to run actual experiments. All they are doing is using computer models that were invented by the global warming bunch. It only gives out predictions that they want them to give out.

To compare this with a chemistry degree is almost criminal. "Climatology" is beneath any serious technical person.

It could only be regarded as a hobby. I have just decided, like these other global warming guys, that I am a "climatologist." Now I know as much as they do and you guys will revere me.

This is a joke. You guys are being hoaxed.

June 19, 2014 at 12:52 p.m.
conservative said...

"Pentagon Ridiculed for Debunked “Climate” Report"

The silly 2003 Pentagon document was widely cited by global-warming theorists and the establishment press as evidence that humanity was facing certain doom and that alleged man-made “climate change” was a “national security concern.” This week, though, the dubious report is in the headlines again after every single one of the apocalyptic scenarios it envisioned proved to be wildly off the mark. By now, under the pseudo-scientific “not implausible” scare-mongering outlined in the report, the world should be a total disaster zone.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/environment/item/18418-pentagon-ridiculed-for-debunked-climate-report

June 19, 2014 at 1:01 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Onetinsoldier, I would say your occasional pot-shots are more in line with trolls than are those you accuse.

June 19, 2014 at 1:02 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

Most climate researchers have degrees in the basic sciences such as physics, geology and chemistry, and their research has been in climate. Climate is so complex that it encompasses many disciplines. As chemists you and I do not have the background experience to interpret the findings.

Yes, the climate has changed in the past. Yes the CO 2 has been higher in the past. No, volcano's do not put out anywhere near the greenhouse gases that burning fossil fuels do (source USGS) But it has never changed this quickly and the CO2 has not been this high since humans evolved and civilization began. Will it be a disaster? Depends on who you are. For western nations probably not, though coastal cities will be at risk. The Netherlands have spent billions preparing for sea level rise. Those living on the edge will be impacted most, the ones that can't move if a dry line shifts, if sea level rises, or if monsoon rains fall elsewhere.

We will continue to burn fossil fuels here and in other countries. The climate will change and we will deal with it.

June 19, 2014 at 1:14 p.m.

I don't see you libs complaining about Megan Kelly on Fox tossing tough questions and comments at Dick Cheney, or Rupert Murdoch pretty much backing up BO on his border disaster? Fair and balanced.

Instead of hounding everyone with this climate change disaster fraud, we should be very concerned about the diseases being carried across our borders by illegal aliens. These illegals are being transported all over the country to their families who are also illegal in all kinds of state, west, midwest, south and east. These "dreamers" are bring diseases, and quite possibly terrorists as well. Great job BO, you turd.

June 19, 2014 at 1:14 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

^^^ Van Sustern and Bair also treaded lightly on the pant suit. fair and balanced.

June 19, 2014 at 1:26 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

timbo,

Atmospheric science, if you choose to delve into it, involves may subjects. The climate being one of them, as you know, "weather" is the behavior and character of the atmosphere. If you were serious about climatology you would have taken the advice " to select a program that is devoted to atmospheric science," along with a minor subject of study emphasizing things such as aerosol chemistry, physics, aerodynamics, heat transfer processes, Monte cCrlo methods, etc. Then you would not feel obliged to refer to climate change as a "fraud."

June 19, 2014 at 1:28 p.m.

Ikeithlu,

You got any alternatives to fossil fuels that will keep the engine of all the various economies going around the world, keep us fed, clothed, housed, advance in technology, keep hospitals going, save lives..etc?

The Netherlands? They've been fighting the sea forever because they shouldn't be there to begin with. It's a dumb place to settle, and it was dumb centuries ago. They're below sea level.

Places that have been battling hurricanes, cyclones and massive flooding have been doing so for centuries long before we were burning fossil fuels. Just check history.

June 19, 2014 at 1:32 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wrote: "I guess Alprova got bounced for his character assassinations. Is that correct?"

No Sir, that is NOT correct. I've simply been in the Hospital for the last two weeks.

How can what I posted be considered a character assassination when the man confessed to the crime?

You're known by the company you keep, and Jack Dana Dennis is a three time sex offender. Apparently, you endorse that kind of behavior.

Don't you dare take my word for it. Ask the man himself. He refuses to state that he is not the man in question.

June 19, 2014 at 1:44 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

Did I say that I had alternatives? Even if we did, we do not have the international will to make the changes. The fact is that the climate is changing, those with responsibility to prepare and respond are doing so, and all the denying in the world doesn't change a damn thing. I know coastal biologists that are seeing evidence all the time, and have documented the changes.

We will not stop using fossil fuels until they are mostly gone. A shame really; climate change or no, we should be saving then for those things we have no better alternative, like jet fuel, and concentrate more on renewables. Of course, many areas are doing this with little fanfare; have you driven through New Mexico, west Texas and Oklahoma recently? Thousands of wind generators on hundreds of wind farms. These generators were built in China and brought in to the Port of Corpus Christi, trucked or shipped by rail west and installed. Don't hear much about it.

Of course, many Americans think that the earth is 6000 years old and that fossil fuels are infinite, so they are clueless.

June 19, 2014 at 1:47 p.m.

Yeah, Jack, they did. The criticism on FOX is ridiculous. They just ask better and tougher questions of everyone. Bair just asked pretty straight forward questions and didn't get all emotional and expressive like others. Megan Kelly went after Cheney like she would any one on the other side.

June 19, 2014 at 1:47 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

Hope you are feeling better now, alprova. Sorry to hear you were ill.

June 19, 2014 at 1:48 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Alpo says "You're known by the company you keep, and Jack Dana Dennis is a three time sex offender. Apparently, you endorse that kind of behavior. Don't you dare take my word for it. Ask the man himself. He refuses to state that he is not the man in question. This sociopath is unrelenting and unrepentant. I have denied this till the cows come home. Funny thing is, he knows it's not true, but can't contain himself. Pitiful.

June 19, 2014 at 1:59 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

keithlu says "Hope you are feeling better now, alprova. Sorry to hear you were ill." Lu, your sympathy for this guy says volumes. I guess you believe that bilge, huh?

June 19, 2014 at 2 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

Why would someone lie about being in the hospital? Leave me out of your little conflict.

June 19, 2014 at 2:04 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

lu, that was not the bilge I had in mind. good grief, woman.

June 19, 2014 at 2:06 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

I must say, Alpy this place has been much more civil without you.

June 19, 2014 at 2:07 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

"I must say, Alpy this place has been much more civil without you."

It sure has. I haven't been able to post much the past couple of weeks (work/vacation), but when I do have a chance to check in, it's a conservative circle jerk. Fister, Timbo, and Jack have tooted each other's horn and agree on 100% of everything they post. Conman has chimed in, still nutty as hell. Fister still believes that Mexicans cross the border illegally just to vote for Obama. Timbo still believes there is a magical Fountain of Democrats in Lakesite that voted for Fairbanks. Everything is just hunky dory.

Fister, I give Megyn some credit for criticizing Cheney over Iraq. However, after her rant on Iraq and the mysterious WMD's she backed down.

June 19, 2014 at 2:46 p.m.

It's nice that China builds those, but on the other hand they're the worlds worst polluter. I have a brother who travels to China on business and some of their cities are just the filthiest you can imagine.

Oil rules, and will a long, long time. Nothing can compete with it.

June 19, 2014 at 2:57 p.m.

Yeah, Guass, still if you want a question of substance you have to tune in to FOX. There's barely any journalism left on the tube.

I've said a bunch of time that both parties are a party to this mess on the border. They both want the illegal aliens' future votes. They want them in their camp. They're both responsible for this, but BO just tosses it in everyone's face. "our future rests on dreamers"/ illegal aliens. Why? Talk about pandering. BO wants to be their savior so they'll have allegiance to him. Those illegal aliens don't care about our Constitution, or our countries history, or about all the immigrants that came here the lawful and proper way. They're selfish, and they know that BO is making it easy for them to come in illegally. They want what they want, and they want it now. Screw everyone else. Whoever gives them the most will get their vote. Jeb Bush's comment that they come here out of "love" is just as dumb as BO's comment. By that logic someone who robs someone is doing it out of love because they may need to buy their wife a birthday present, or buy new sneakers for their kid. It's still a crime.

June 19, 2014 at 3:06 p.m.

Here we go again. I'm supposed to believe that because I agree with Jack on certain issues on here I endorse the behavior you accuse him of? Think about that. How is what you're accusing him of not libel or defamation of character?

Why is that necessary on this thread? Why are you taking the time to check into the background of others? I don't know anything about the personal lives of anyone on here, it's none of my business.

June 19, 2014 at 3:19 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

China built them because we still squabble over whether alternatives are desirable here. And the energy industries pay dearly to make sure we will squabble for a long time.

June 19, 2014 at 3:20 p.m.
Plato said...

timbo - Your post is unbelievable bogus in almost every area. Man has only been on the face of this planet for 200,000 years. That's a tiny little fraction of the time the planet has existed - some 4 Billion years - .000005% of the time to be exact. Never before in that time has the CO2 levels been as high as they are now and we know what CO2 does to the atmosphere, at least you should.

Volcanic eruptions contribute no more than 1% of CO2 that fossil fuel combustion contributes by the most extreme estimates. Over the last 35 years the sun has shown a slight cooling trend. However global temperatures have been increasing. Since the sun and climate are going in opposite directions scientists conclude the sun cannot be the cause of recent global warming. The only way to blame the sun for the current rise in temperatures is by cherry picking the data. This is done by showing only past periods when sun and climate move together and ignoring the last few decades when the two are moving in opposite directions. (source skepticalscience.com)

When I read posts like yours above, I don't care what you background is, it's obvious that you have spent ZERO time actually studying this issue.

June 19, 2014 at 3:23 p.m.

If there as anything out there that could compete with or eliminate oil, then it would make someone wealthy. Maybe not as wealthy as Al Gore, and his carbon credit scam, but pretty wealthy.

Sorry, Plato, but you can find as many scientists that disagree than agree. No one can say for sure that man is responsible for the earth's temperature rising. One thing is a fact, though, for as much as you libs criticize those who have become rich from oil, Al Gore and others have proven that they can be just as concerned with profit with their global warming industry. At least they're not hypocrites and a fraud like Gore is, having one standard for himself, and another for everyone else.

June 19, 2014 at 3:40 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

"Here we go again. I'm supposed to believe that because I agree with Jack on certain issues on here I endorse the behavior you accuse him of? Think about that. How is what you're accusing him of not libel or defamation of character?

Why is that necessary on this thread? Why are you taking the time to check into the background of others? I don't know anything about the personal lives of anyone on here, it's none of my business."

Was this directed towards me? I haven't "accused Jack of any behavior" (other then getting all of his "facts" from Twitter).

June 19, 2014 at 3:46 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

"Sorry, Plato, but you can find as many scientists that disagree than agree."

That is a BS claim which several posters have challenged you. You have yet to post any evidence that supports it.

June 19, 2014 at 3:49 p.m.

No, at Alprova.

There's a lot of money being made, and a lot of money being confiscated from citizens of many countries, based on something that no one can say for sure is true.

Not just that, laws are being created from that. It is about control, and the behavior and actions of those who promote it and have become wealthy from it prove it's about control.

June 19, 2014 at 3:53 p.m.

Becoming wealthy and gaining power from causing panic is what I see.

Scaring people and putting more pressure on their lives so a few can gain from it.

June 19, 2014 at 3:55 p.m.
Plato said...

zableedofisterix said...

"Sorry, Plato, but you can find as many scientists that disagree than agree."

False

In the scientific field of climate studies – which is informed by many different disciplines – the consensus is demonstrated by the number of scientists who have stopped arguing about what is causing climate change – and that’s nearly all of them. A survey of 928 peer-reviewed abstracts on the subject 'global climate change' published between 1993 and 2003 shows that not a single paper rejected the consensus position that global warming is man caused (Oreskes 2004).

A follow-up study by the Skeptical Science team of over 12,000 peer-reviewed abstracts on the subjects of 'global warming' and 'global climate change' published between 1991 and 2011 found that of the papers taking a position on the cause of global warming, over 97% agreed that humans are causing it (Cook 2013). The scientific authors of the papers were also contacted and asked to rate their own papers, and again over 97% whose papers took a position on the cause said humans are causing global warming.

June 19, 2014 at 3:56 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

Yeah, I'd like to know who these scientists are. Bet they don't work in the relevant areas. Anti evolutionists tried this too, with their list of 'scientist who doubt darwinism'. Turned out many were on the list without knowing what they were agreeing to, and the rest and vast majority were doctors, mathematicians and philosophers.

June 19, 2014 at 4:01 p.m.

Still no one can say for sure that's the case. It's not settled science. I still maintain that it's about gaining control from fear and panic. Look at the tactics, equating "global warming deniers" to Holocaust deniers. Despicable. Nothing will ever be good enough with the left, nothing. They're never happy. They'll move on to something else. Even we solved this so-called "crisis", then they would find something else to gain control over.

June 19, 2014 at 4:05 p.m.
timbo said...

Plato...from your name I think you probably should stick to philosophy. Homo sapiens have been around to 200,000 years. They have found proof of our primate ancestors from over 1.5 million years ago. I don't get your point. All I said that there were other natural sources of CO2.

Since no one can experiment with the atmosphere, the only data "climatologists" can use are computer models. They are inherintly flawed because of the assumptions that have to be made to get data. These assumptions are made by the same guys who are trying to prove a theory. They cannot be regarded as gospel. They are only an indication and part of a larger picture. To treat them as absolute truth is asinine. You will believe the models but not the fact that none of the dire predictions have come true.

June 19, 2014 at 4:17 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova...sorry to hear you were in the hospital so long. Hope the results were good. I don't often agree with your short sighted bleeding heart defender of liberalism and socialism but we are usually civil even when totally disagreeing.

June 19, 2014 at 4:24 p.m.

An industry that rakes in billions based on computer models. Yet oil, which has transformed the world, is continually being trashed. Laughable.

Look at the hypocrisy, we know for sure that certain diseases can spread fast and kill. Illegal aliens with some of those diseases are flooding our borders and BO is looking the other way. Yet he can't stop beating his gums about "climate change", even bringing it up at West Point? One reason we have immigrants come in the proper way is to make sure they don't come in with some unknown or dangerous disease. He's ignoring something that is real and dangerous, and instead turns his attention something that is theory. Stupid, flat out stupid.

June 19, 2014 at 4:25 p.m.
timbo said...

Plato...there is no scientific field of "climate studies." It is a hodgepodge of guys with other degrees that fancy themselves "experts." I have just as many technical street creds as they do and yet their conclusions are indisputable.

June 19, 2014 at 4:26 p.m.
timbo said...

Computer models will always be suspect. No one in their right mind would do anything on a complicated problem just because of a computer mode.

June 19, 2014 at 4:29 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

timbo get serious. You clearly don't have the creds, per your comments such as the computer models are "inherintly (sic) flawed because of the assumptions that have to be made..." You clearly have limited knowledge and skills in modeling. Every scientific field is a "hodgepodge" of experts, and it is not unusual for scientists to refer to a particular area of research by a descriptive name, e.g., cellular studies, environmental remediation, quantum computing, etc, etc. . Give us one quantitative analysis you have made on climate change and the peer-reviewed journal in which it was published.

June 19, 2014 at 4:36 p.m.
Plato said...

timbo said...

"Since no one can experiment with the atmosphere, the only data "climatologists" can use are computer models. They are inherintly flawed because of the assumptions that have to be made to get data."

False

Climate models are tested against the past, against what we know happened. If a model can correctly predict trends from a starting point somewhere in the past, we could expect it to predict with reasonable certainty what might happen in the future.

So all models are first tested in a process called Hindcasting. The models used to predict future global warming can accurately map past climate changes. If they get the past right, there is no reason to think their predictions would be wrong. Testing models against the existing instrumental record suggested CO2 must cause global warming, because the models could not simulate what had already happened unless the extra CO2 was added to the model. All other known forcings are adequate in explaining temperature variations prior to the rise in temperature over the last thirty years, while none of them are capable of explaining the rise in the past thirty years. CO2 does explain that rise, and explains it completely without any need for additional, as yet unknown forcings.


In this thread I have now debunked the following myths that you have attempted to advanced:

Climate's changed before

It's the sun

It's volcanos

There is no consensus

Models are unreliable

Would you like to try your luck out on?

Temperature records are unreliable

It hasn't warmed since 1998

Antarctica is gaining ice

Animals and plants can adapt

or any of the other bogus theories from the oil company shills?

June 19, 2014 at 4:38 p.m.
conservative said...

"Pentagon Ridiculed for Debunked “Climate” Report"

"Among other outlandish scenarios envisioned in the report: California would be flooded with inland seas, parts of the Netherlands would be “unlivable,” polar ice would be all but gone in the summers, and temperatures would be surging. Mass increases in hurricanes, tornadoes, and other natural disasters, meanwhile, were supposed to be wreaking havoc across the globe. All of that would supposedly spark resource wars and all sorts of other horrors."

http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/environment/item/18418-pentagon-ridiculed-for-debunked-climate-report

June 19, 2014 at 4:50 p.m.
Plato said...

conservative said...

"Pentagon Ridiculed for Debunked “Climate” Report"

I opened this website and the first thing I see is Rick "Ooops" Perry's picture saying "don't mess with Texas"

Sorry my friend this is not scientific web site it's a right wing blog that is in no position to be "debunking" anything scientific.

June 19, 2014 at 5:12 p.m.
conservative said...

"Pentagon Ridiculed for Debunked “Climate” Report"

"Well, the decade is up. Unsurprisingly, like virtually every claim made by government-funded global-warming theorists over the last two decades, none of the scary scenarios ever came to pass. In fact, ironically, there has been no warming for almost 18 years and counting based on the global temperature record, even as carbon dioxide emissions continue. Polar sea ice is at record levels. Tornadoes and hurricanes are at unusually low levels, and, of course, California is not drowning in inland seas. Even United Nations climate alarmists admit those facts."

http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/environment/item/18418-pentagon-ridiculed-for-debunked-climate-report

June 19, 2014 at 5:17 p.m.

Plato, you've debunked nothing.

You're climate industry shill.

You're hypocrites. Your industry is full of greed, control, profit and bullying. Wow, sound like what you say about the oil industry.

June 19, 2014 at 5:18 p.m.
conservative said...

There has been scores of gloom and doom predictions by "climate scientists" that have not come to pass.

These false prophets of doom and gloom are still believed by so many Liberal sheep.

It is nothing short of astonishing that people who can dress themselves still give these "climate scientists" credibility and are willing to echo even more of their ridiculous fantasies.

June 19, 2014 at 5:36 p.m.
Easy123 said...

There is no use debating these dipsh!ts about anything related to science. Timbo doesn't have a degree in chemistry. He just owns a chemical company. He thinks that makes him a "chemist". He thinks chemistry is "harder" than climatology! Seriously? Laughable.

Who in the hell would listen to zableedofisterix, conservative, TheJackDennis, and Timbo in regard to ANYTHING science related? I'd be willing to bet a few of them don't even accept evolution. Everything the accuse "science" and scientist of is a complete projection.

Where are all these wealthy scientists that are getting all these grants to money to do these studies? Isn't it the exact opposite? The scientists that are being paid and receiving grant money are getting it from OIL COMPANIES.

These knuckle-dragging mouth-breathers will never know the truth because their head is far too firmly wedged up their asses. Bitch and moan all you want about "name-calling". You morons deserve it. I've never come across people that are so patently and arrogantly ignorant in my life. It boggles the mind.

June 19, 2014 at 6:14 p.m.
conservative said...

Here are just some of the failed predictions from the Taxpayer funded 2003 Pentagon report titled “An Abrupt Climate Change Scenario and Its Implications for United States National Security,”

"2010: Disagreements with Canada and Mexico over water increase tension"

Did not happen.

Here is a better one:

"2012: Flood of refugees to southeast U.S. and Mexico from Caribbean islands"

Get it? The Caribbean islands were suppose to have been under water by 2012. Now, what year is it now?

How can even Liberal sheep trust any future predictions of the "climate scientists" who were paid for this craziness?

June 19, 2014 at 6:20 p.m.
Easy123 said...

timboner said...

"Homo sapiens have been around to 200,000 years. They have found proof of our primate ancestors from over 1.5 million years ago. I don't get your point. All I said that there were other natural sources of CO2."

You don't get the point because you're an idiot. Our primate ancestors weren't exactly burning fossil fuels, were they? Your BS statement that CO2 emissions were higher 200,000 years ago is completely bogus. Name a natural source of CO2 that produces MORE CO2 than burning fossil fuels, Mr. "Chemist". Bet you can't.

June 19, 2014 at 6:20 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

Science really doesn't care if people don't 'believe' the current consensus. It will proceed, continue to collect observations, and advance knowledge. People in the US reject all kinds of things: doesn't make them less valid.

June 19, 2014 at 6:24 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Ikeithlu,

That's very true. It's simply accepting the truth or not. There is no "belief" involved.

It's still so baffling to me how arrogant these people are in their ignorance. Denying facts the entire scientific community agrees upon. Right WingNut ideology poisons the mind.

June 19, 2014 at 6:29 p.m.
conservative said...

Did this prediction by "climate scientists" who are trusted by Liberal sheep come true?

Note the year, note the year!

"2012: Severe drought and cold push Scandinavian populations southward, push back from EU"

How can even Liberal sheep trust any future predictions of the "climate scientists" who were paid for this craziness?

This from the Taxpayer funded 2003 Pentagon report titled “An Abrupt Climate Change Scenario and Its Implications for United States National Security,”

June 19, 2014 at 6:35 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

Says the one that thinks there was a talking snake and a big boat full of animals.

June 19, 2014 at 6:40 p.m.

Easy, must be that time of the month, huh?

Once again, no one can for sure that man is responsible for climate change. But, you lefties have sure jumped on your computer models, and selective data, to cause panic in people in order to control them and soak them for money. You lefties motivation is very much in question.

No one can say what the norm is for our planet. Nobody.

I suggest you start concentrating on things that matter, like how to stop the flooding of our borders by diseased illegal aliens, and the lawlessness of our corrupt government.

June 19, 2014 at 6:42 p.m.

By the way, there's still ice in Lake Superior.

June 19, 2014 at 6:44 p.m.
conservative said...

Will this prediction come true? I say not a chance. Liberals will soon see that I was right.

"2015: Conflict within the EU over food and water supply leads to skirmishes and strained diplomatic relations"

The "climate scientists" so trusted by the frail of mind are predicting war in Europe in just a few months of the scarcity of food as the result of man made global warming.

Read it for yourself from the Taxpayer funded 2003 Pentagon report titled “An Abrupt Climate Change Scenario and Its Implications for United States National Security,”

June 19, 2014 at 6:52 p.m.
Easy123 said...

zableedumbass,

You can't say anything "for sure". But the evidence for man-made climate change is pretty close to "for sure". You just choose to deny it based on your political leanings.

"Lefties" aren't doing the experiments and studies. They are just accepting the scientific data like most sane people do.

Yes, scientists can get pretty close in saying what the "norm" is for our planet. Just because YOU don't understand it doesn't mean it's unknowable.

I suggest you buy a crowbar and use it to unwedge your head from your ass.

June 19, 2014 at 6:54 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

Like you are 'right' about every other science issue you post on?

Just like you know who is a Christian and who is not.

June 19, 2014 at 6:55 p.m.
Easy123 said...

zableedumbass,

"By the way, there's still ice in Lake Superior."

It's called GLOBAL Warming, not United States Warming, moron. You prove your ignorance every time you post. Educate yourself. I dare you.

http://www.weather.com/news/science/environment/why-arctic-sea-ice-record-low-great-lakes-ice-record-high-20140223

June 19, 2014 at 6:56 p.m.

"pretty close to for sure"LOL

"pretty close" to saying what the norm is for our planet. LOL

And so you've built a multi-billion dollar industry based on that?

You've created laws, raised taxes, and have gotten rich over that? LOL

Like I said it's about control and enriching a few. That's what I see.

June 19, 2014 at 7 p.m.
alprova said...

Jacie wrote: "This sociopath is unrelenting and unrepentant. I have denied this till the cows come home. Funny thing is, he knows it's not true, but can't contain himself. Pitiful."

Will you point out the date and time when you have typewritten the words, "I am not Jack Dana Dennis?"

You have NOT denied being the man...not once...to this date.

June 19, 2014 at 7 p.m.
conservative said...

Did I miss something? Did this prediction of "climate scientists" trusted by Liberal sheep come true?

If you are not a poor Liberal sheep then you know this did not happen in Asia by people suffering from lack of food due to man global warming.

"2010: Border skirmishes and conflict in Bangladesh, India, and China, as mass migration occurs toward Burma"

Read it for yourself from the Taxpayer funded 2003 Pentagon report titled “An Abrupt Climate Change Scenario and Its Implications for United States National Security,”

June 19, 2014 at 7:01 p.m.

Yeah, easy, and the ship that went down to the artic, the one with all the geniuses who wanted to prove that the ice is going away down there, got stuck in unbelievably thick ice and had to be rescued by Russians. Global, yeah..europe and the british isles had a really, really cold winter. So, yeah, global.

I thought the United States was part of the world..that's not considered global? hmmm

June 19, 2014 at 7:03 p.m.
Easy123 said...

zableedumbass,

Is "LOL" the best you can do? Nothing in the world is "for sure". It doesn't work like that. Science doesn't work like that. It can come close to "for sure" as anyone can possibly fathom, but there is always room for error or disproval. Obviously, you're not aware of this fact. Btw, I'm poking fun at your "for sure" quote by putting it in quotes. You said it first, remember?

What "multi-billion dollar industry"?

Emissions laws that do very little.

Raised taxes on who? Emissions taxes? That's your gripe? Your head really is crammed up there!

Gotten richer? Who has? Show me a wealthy climate scientist.

Like I said, you're a moron.

June 19, 2014 at 7:05 p.m.

Yeah, easy, I just looked at a globe, and the U.S. is part of the world. So, apparently if there's ice in Lake Superior in late June, it does matter. LOL

June 19, 2014 at 7:08 p.m.
Easy123 said...

zableedumbass,

"Yeah, easy, and the ship that went down to the artic, the one with all the geniuses who wanted to prove that the ice is going away down there, got stuck in unbelievably thick ice and had to be rescued by Russians."

And? What about the wild fire and drought out west? Why are the pole caps less and less dense/large every year?

"Global, yeah..europe and the british isles had a really, really cold winter. So, yeah, global."

Anyone can do what you're doing. You pick cold winters in a few areas worldwide and ignore record drought and wildfires other places.

"I thought the United States was part of the world..that's not considered global? hmmm"

A very small part, moron. You have no clue what you're talking about. Arrogant of your ignorance.

June 19, 2014 at 7:08 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wrote: "Here we go again. I'm supposed to believe that because I agree with Jack on certain issues on here I endorse the behavior you accuse him of? Think about that. How is what you're accusing him of not libel or defamation of character?"

Because the man typed his own written confession into this forum. It is not an accusation or an act of libel or a defamation of character when the man types of his own free will, a confession to be the person convicted three times of enticing a child.

"Why is that necessary on this thread? Why are you taking the time to check into the background of others?"

You asked that question and it was answered. He started posting personal details about my life into this forum, so I went digging into his life.

Is it necessary? No, but then you assassinated my character this morning, when you posted that I had been banned from this forum.

"I don't know anything about the personal lives of anyone on here, it's none of my business."

The funny thing is, and I'm serious as a heart attack...

If Jack was convicted of fondling little boys, you'd probably be more inclined to publicly condemn the man, but since he seems to be "normal," his behavior is okay in your book.

June 19, 2014 at 7:11 p.m.
Easy123 said...

zableedumbass,

"Yeah, easy, I just looked at a globe, and the U.S. is part of the world. So, apparently if there's ice in Lake Superior in late June, it does matter. LOL"

I never said it wasn't part of the world, dipsh!t. You can't disprove global warming based on ice being in a lake in the United States. You have to look at the ENTIRE picture. Are you getting any of this? Do I need to type this in Crayon font for you?

Like I said, you have no clue what you're talking about. LOL!

Ice in Lake Superior doesn't disprove global warming, just like record droughts and wildfires out west don't prove it.

June 19, 2014 at 7:12 p.m.

Scientists? No, easy, governments, industries/corporations like Al Gore's endeavors. Why would scientist be rich, other than the ones who are paid off by governments and companies. Tax dollars are flowing in. Companies that are hired by governments on the basis of this fraud. It affects everything we do almost, and it's based on what, on something that might be? LOL It's about control, control, control. But somehow we can't seem to control something that can easily be controlled, our borders.

June 19, 2014 at 7:13 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

It really doesn't matter what you think. It is what it is. Just like an ancient earth, evolution, and every other scientific idea. You don't really understand the notion of climate change (obvious from your comments) and you are in good company. Ivebseen all theses strawmen set up and knocked down. It changes nothing.

June 19, 2014 at 7:14 p.m.
Easy123 said...

zableedumbass,

"Scientists? No, easy, governments, industries/corporations like Al Gore's endeavors."

Wrong.

"Why would scientist be rich, other than the ones who are paid off by governments and companies."

You mean the ones oil companies pay off? You're the one saying they're getting paid for manipulating results. Again, show me these rich climate scientist that are coming up with these results.

"Tax dollars are flowing in. Companies that are hired by governments on the basis of this fraud."

OIL companies. Money is flowing from OIL companies to manipulate data and present bunk science. There are no "companies" published in scientific journals doing scientific experimentation. Again, WRONG.

"It affects everything we do almost, and it's based on what, on something that might be? LOL"

WRONG.

"It's about control, control, control. But somehow we can't seem to control something that can easily be controlled, our borders."

Projection.

Want to try again?

June 19, 2014 at 7:17 p.m.

You said it's global, well...where are we, in alternate universe somewhere? Weather here doesn't count?

Lake superior isn't a small lake...it's a massive and deep..it's one the largest in the world, 2nd in the world I think.

In fact the Great Lakes had record ice this past winter..nearly all covered.

June 19, 2014 at 7:17 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "alprova...sorry to hear you were in the hospital so long. Hope the results were good."

I'm doing very well today. I had a sextuple bypass on the 5th. All six were nearly totally blocked. Very weird considering the fact that I had tests two years go and got an all clear then.

"I don't often agree with your short sighted bleeding heart defender of liberalism and socialism but we are usually civil even when totally disagreeing."

Well thank you. I feel the same about you as well.

June 19, 2014 at 7:19 p.m.

Try what again? What projection? You libs are the kings of projection.

Not wrong at all, really. How much money has Al Gore made from this?

We're creating laws and imposing new taxes based on this junk science.

Not just us, but countries all over the world. Governments are enriching themselves based on that.

June 19, 2014 at 7:21 p.m.
Easy123 said...

zableedumbass,

"You said it's global, well...where are we, in alternate universe somewhere? Weather here doesn't count?"

Weather and climate are not the same thing, dipsh!t. You're too dumb to debate.

"Lake superior isn't a small lake...it's a massive and deep..it's one the largest in the world, 2nd in the world I think."

They are in terms of water sources. A lake is much smaller than an ocean. And the oceans are WARMING!

http://ocean.nationalgeographic.com/ocean/critical-issues-sea-temperature-rise/

"In fact the Great Lakes had record ice this past winter..nearly all covered."

And? It proves NOTHING. Anyone can pick and choose. You're not looking at the big picture.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/global-warming-plays-a-role-in-australias-record-heat/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2012/11/11/wildfire-season-destruction/1695465/

June 19, 2014 at 7:22 p.m.
Easy123 said...

zableedumbass,

"Try what again? What projection? You libs are the kings of projection."

LMFAO!

"Not wrong at all, really. How much money has Al Gore made from this?"

Actually, entirely wrong, really. One guy? How much have OIL companies made from all their shenanigans? Next, you're going to tell me oil spills are good for the environment. Again, show me one rich climate scientist.

"We're creating laws and imposing new taxes based on this junk science."

Wrong again. All the junk science is supported by your ilk.

"Not just us, but countries all over the world. Governments are enriching themselves based on that."

Complete bullsh!t.

Try again.

June 19, 2014 at 7:24 p.m.

Try what again? What am I trying?

What I meant was, our weather doesn't count?

If you're going to bring up everything global, then everything counts.

If not for oil, everything you have wouldn't be there, including the computer you're using to type out your pms fueled rants.

Oil is makes everything go. Deal with it.

June 19, 2014 at 7:36 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

"Computer models will always be suspect."

Yeah? I call bullsh!t on that one, Timbo. You guys still believe "science" plays out in the court of public opinion. Because Rush or Hannity says so, it has to be true? Look at that moron Conman. His evidence is "newamerican.com". Give me an effing break.

Fister, keeps talking about "Great Lakes record ice this past winter". What about the record heat and droughts in California? 100% of the state is under "severe, extreme, or exceptional drought". You see one snowflake and that's proof, yet you ignore record heat? Have you ever wondered why no one takes you seriously?

June 19, 2014 at 7:36 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

"Oil is makes everything go. Deal with it."

And it's a huge part of the GOP platform. It's the only reason you give a damn.

June 19, 2014 at 7:42 p.m.
Easy123 said...

zableedumbass,

"Try what again? What am I trying?"

Try to conjure up some more BS.

"What I meant was, our weather doesn't count?"

The weather in one place doesn't prove or disprove anything. I've already stated that numerous times. Do I need to slow down for you?

"If you're going to bring up everything global, then everything counts."

Not individually. One instance of cold doesn't prove or disprove anything. Again, I've already state that. What part of that don't you understand? You cannot have a narrow view if you want understand global warming. I know someone as ignorant as you can't fathom the ENTIRE world, but that's not anyone else's problem.

"If not for oil, everything you have wouldn't be there, including the computer you're using to type out your pms fueled rants."

It will probably kills us too. PMS fueled rants? Have you read YOUR moronic rants? Just more projection from you. Still going with the whole referring to me as if I'm woman tactic, eh? LOL!

"Oil is makes everything go. Deal with it."

You prove how ignorant you are with every post. Deal with it.

June 19, 2014 at 7:48 p.m.

You are a woman.

So some weather counts and other weather doesn't?

So, if one day in winter it's 60 degrees and not 30 degrees, that matters, but it doesn't matter if it snows in late June and there's ice still in Lake Superior?

If you want to view it globally, then you have to consider everything.

So what if you stated it already, I still don't buy it.

Learn to live with oil. You'd be nowhere without it. One day we may find something better.

June 19, 2014 at 8:11 p.m.

I say it's a good thing for the planet to warm up a few degrees, maybe more crops can be grown, and there will be more food for the world population. Who's to say it's not a good thing?

You don't know, nobody knows. We do know that disease out of control is bad. That's proven. We should worry about our borders, and the terrorists/criminals that might follow the diseased horde over our borders.

June 19, 2014 at 8:22 p.m.
Easy123 said...

zableedumbass,

"You are a woman."

Wrong again.

"So some weather counts and other weather doesn't?"

Climate and weather are not the same. The weather in one place doesn't prove or disprove anything. Again, what part of that don't you understand?

"So, if one day in winter it's 60 degrees and not 30 degrees, that matters, but it doesn't matter if it snows in late June and there's ice still in Lake Superior?"

You're just talking out of your ass.

"If you want to view it globally, then you have to consider everything."

I've, literally, been saying that the entire time. That's what you AREN'T doing, moron.

"So what if you stated it already, I still don't buy it."

Because you're patently ignorant.

"Learn to live with oil. You'd be nowhere without it. One day we may find something better."

I beg to differ. Humans made it thousands of years without it. Solar energy is already better.

Would you like to try again?

June 19, 2014 at 8:29 p.m.

Try what again?

Yeah, we made it thousands of years without it. We made it thousands of years without toilet paper too. What are you suggesting, we go backwards?

Solar energy? LOL

Exactly if you're looking at it globally, then you have to consider what I mentioned.

June 19, 2014 at 8:33 p.m.
Easy123 said...

zableedumbass,

"I say it's a good thing for the planet to warm up a few degrees,"

Because you're a moron.

"maybe more crops can be grown, and there will be more food for the world population."

Crops can't survive extreme heat, dipsh!t.

"Who's to say it's not a good thing?"

The overwhelming majority of scientists and farmers.

"You don't know, nobody knows."

No, YOU don't know. People that do research, experiments and hundreds of years of scientific data "knows".

"We do know that disease out of control is bad. That's proven."

Nothing you say sounds remotely intelligent.

"We should worry about our borders, and the terrorists/criminals that might follow the diseased horde over our borders."

Xenophobic, racist, ignorant, unfounded. There are plenty more adjectives that would describe that sentence, but those work the best I think.

Want to try one more time?

June 19, 2014 at 8:33 p.m.

Thank God for oil and everything it's given us. You can go back and live in the wilderness and wipe your ass with leaves if you want, I like things the way they are.

June 19, 2014 at 8:35 p.m.

try what one more time?

there you again, typical lib, pulling the race card.

Everyone one is welcome here. All immigrants who come in the right way, the lawful way, are welcome. We need them, we're a nation of immigrants, not disease infest law breakers and criminals.

June 19, 2014 at 8:39 p.m.
Easy123 said...

zableedumbass,

"Try what again?"

TO CONJURE UP MORE BS.

"Yeah, we made it thousands of years without it. We made it thousands of years without toilet paper too. What are you suggesting, we go backwards?'

Finding renewable sources of energy is the exact opposite of going "backwards", moron. Fossil fuels ARE "backwards".

"Solar energy? LOL"

Yes, solar energy.

http://mic.com/articles/91313/here-s-how-much-renewable-energy-it-would-take-to-power-the-entire-world

"Exactly if you're looking at it globally, then you have to consider what I mentioned."

Wrong! The weather on one day in one place means NOTHING. What part of that don't you understand? You have to factor in TIME. That's what CLIMATE is.

June 19, 2014 at 8:39 p.m.

"renewable" "clean" nice myth, but the reality is we need oil, and there's nothing quite like it.

June 19, 2014 at 8:41 p.m.
Easy123 said...

zableedumbass,

"Thank God for oil and everything it's given us. You can go back and live in the wilderness and wipe your ass with leaves if you want, I like things the way they are."

That's because you can't think past your nose.

"try what one more time?"

TO CONJURE UP MORE BS.

"there you again, typical lib, pulling the race card."

There you go being a racist, xenophobe.

"Everyone one is welcome here. All immigrants who come in the right way, the lawful way, are welcome. We need them, we're a nation of immigrants, not disease infest law breakers and criminals."

I'd say it's xenophobic and racist to call illegal immigrants "disease infested". What's the physical difference between them and any other immigrant other than the fact you don't like them? I bet you can't come up with anything.

Try one more time.

June 19, 2014 at 8:42 p.m.
Easy123 said...

zableedipsh!t,

""renewable" "clean" nice myth, but the reality is we need oil, and there's nothing quite like it."

Once again, you prove your ignorance with every post. You're floundering.

June 19, 2014 at 8:43 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

"I say it's a good thing for the planet to warm up a few degrees, maybe more crops can be grown, and there will be more food for the world population."

This is the most asinine thing to come out of your mouth. Our planet "warmed up a few degrees" will mean the end.

"Thank God for oil and everything it's given us. You can go back and live in the wilderness and wipe your ass with leaves if you want, I like things the way they are."

I guess you thank him for radon, as well? Have you ever thought what the world may be after you die? Has the thought of what kind of planet your kids and grandkids will have to inhabit ever crossed your mind? Republicans used to be about "conservation", i.e. Theodore Roosevelt. Now they believe we should treat the earth how a redneck treats his front lawn. All we need on every corner is an oil well and a shooting range. Talking about taking a step backwards in time.

June 19, 2014 at 8:46 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Gauss,

There is no way zableedipsh!t has children. People like him only think the way the Right WingNut propagandist want him to. He's parroting Rush Limbaugh and Fox News. He has no opinion outside what they tell him.

June 19, 2014 at 8:51 p.m.
Easy123 said...

alprova,

Glad you're well and back in action here!

June 19, 2014 at 8:51 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Easy seems emboldened by the return of his grevious BFF. What a pair of losers.

June 19, 2014 at 10:16 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Whatever you say, admitted sex offender, TheJackDennis. Your projections are of no consequence to me.

I noticed you were oddly silent when alprova showed up. I wonder why, Wounded Puppy? I guess your "banning power" got revoked! Bwhahahahahaha!

June 19, 2014 at 10:52 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Never claimed to have banning power. If I had it, you would have been long gone, junior.

June 19, 2014 at 11:05 p.m.
Easy123 said...

You've been implying it for days, admitted sex offender, TheJackDennis.

How long have you been talking about alprova being banned and saying you want to get me banned or that I've been banned in the past?

You aren't fooling anyone, admitted sex offender.

June 19, 2014 at 11:11 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

I haven't implied sh!t about having anyone banned. TFP needs to ban you two putz's for you libelous postings. I guess they favor you lefty scumbags, as you both clearly violate their policy.

June 19, 2014 at 11:20 p.m.
Easy123 said...

The admitted sex offender, TheJackDennis,

"I haven't implied sh!t about having anyone banned."

That is a blatant lie. You've said I was banned before (which is a lie), then you said alprova was banned (which is a lie). Why do you just assume that people who oppose you are magically banned? You imply it at every turn.

"TFP needs to ban you two putz's for you libelous postings."

Based on what? The admission YOU made by yourself under no coercion? How can that be libel? YOU admitted to it, dipsh!t. You admitted to being a SEX OFFENDER.

"I guess they favor you lefty scumbags, as you both clearly violate their policy."

Alprova, nor I, have violated TFP policy. They don't ban you and your ilk (timboner, zableedumbass) for your "scumbaggery". Why would they ban anyone else?

It's very telling who you want silenced around here, ADMITTED SEX OFFENDER, TheJackDennis.

June 19, 2014 at 11:24 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

You two are libelous scumbags. Be proud.

June 19, 2014 at 11:25 p.m.
Easy123 said...

The admitted sex offender, TheJackDennis,

"You two are libelous scumbags. Be proud."

YOU libeled yourself, moron. YOU admitted to be a SEX OFFENDER. YOU did that. Be proud that YOU admitted to being a sex offender.

What part of that are you not grasping, dumbass? Do I need to copy and paste your admission again?

June 19, 2014 at 11:29 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova...please don't start up again, use the ignore process if you are tempted to rebut or attack tjd.

June 19, 2014 at 11:39 p.m.
alprova said...

Jackie wrote: "You two are libelous scumbags. Be proud."

Libel only exists when there is absolutely no proof to an established fact.

You posted all the proof necessary to establish yourself in this forum as a thrice convicted sex offender and to this very date, you have refused to recant that written testimony.

Why is it that you refuse to type the very simple words, "I am not Jack Dana Dennis?"

June 20, 2014 at 3:57 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "alprova...please don't start up again, use the ignore process if you are tempted to rebut or attack tjd."

I cannot ignore being called a liar in light of evidence that proves I have not lied.

The man confessed to his crimes. He apparently is proud of his crimes. He has waged a one-man war against me since the day he popped into this forum and you're asking ME to back off now that I have something to use against him?

Has the world gone mad?

Child molesters used to be ostracized in our society.

I guess that has changed.

June 20, 2014 at 4:03 a.m.
timbo said...

Easy123...I agree, debating liberals who are global warming fanatics is useless. Believe what you want...

June 20, 2014 at 10:58 a.m.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.