• Name: Hipster Vibes
• Location: 3902 Hixson Pike in the former Beauty Mart
• Owner: Caitie Hart
• Started: Opened Saturday
• Size: 1,800-square-foot retail outlet
• Products: Tie-dye clothes, T-shirts, tapestries, purses, jewelry, water pipes, rolling papers, electronic cigarettes, ash trays, key chains, posters, lighters
• Prices: Items range from $1 up to $24.99 tie-dye shirts.
• Background: Hart, a 26-year-old photographer, says she's always enjoyed being around "new-age hippie people" and recently began making her own tie-dye clothes and tapestries for sale. The Hipster Vibes store offers a variety of clothing items, novelty items and smoking paraphernalia.
• Why Hixson? "There are other places downtown or in East Brainerd, but there is nothing like this in Hixson," Hart said. "Since we opened Saturday, we've gotten a tremendous response."
• Hours: 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Thursday; 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday; noon to 6 p.m. Sunday
• Contact: 805-7974
Compiled by Dave Flessner, who may be reached at 757-6340 or at email@example.com.
Dave Flessner is the business editor for the Times Free Press. A journalist for 35 years, Dave has been business editor and projects editor for the Chattanooga Times Free Press, city editor for The Chattanooga Times, business and county reporter for the Chattanooga Times, correspondent for the Lansing State Journal and Ingham County News in Michigan, staff writer for the Hastings Daily Tribune in Nebraska, and news director for WCBN-FM in Michigan. Dave, a native ...