published Thursday, May 8th, 2014

Candle leads to house fire in Lookout Valley

A candle has been blamed for a house fire that occurred today at 3613 Kellys Ferry Road in Lookout Valley.

The Chattanooga Fire Department said a family was using the candle because their power had been disconnected because they were in the process of moving.

At some point, the candle started a fire in the bathroom, a news release said.

Everyone escaped the house and 911 was called.

Chattanooga firefighters soon arrived on the scene and quickly put out the fire, confining damage from the fire to the bathroom.

The rest of the house, however, sustained smoke damage.

The total dollar loss was estimated at $2,000 and the fire has been ruled accidental.

about Staff Report...

Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:

Other National Articles

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.