published Wednesday, May 14th, 2014

The Skeptic

about Clay Bennett...

The son of a career army officer, Bennett led a nomadic life, attending ten different schools before graduating in 1980 from the University of North Alabama with degrees in Art and History. After brief stints as a staff artist at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the Fayetteville (NC) Times, he went on to serve as the editorial cartoonist for the St. Petersburg Times (1981-1994) and The Christian Science Monitor (1997-2007), before joining the staff of the ...

155
Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.
alprova said...

How political will this one get?

Common sense should tell us all that climate change is very real and it does indeed have a cause.

I take steps to save energy not necessarily to save the environment, which I do consider a noble cause, but to save me money when paying for energy.

I have one motor vehicle left. It is a very economical four banger.

I use energy saving light bulbs, which last far longer, burn just as bright as their energy wasting counterparts, and they effectively save me many dollars per month.

Energy saving appliances and an 11 watt heating and cooling system used under normal circumstances, save me plenty.

Even if you are one who doesn't believe in global climate changes that are very negative, why not make changes to keep more money in your pocket?

That should be a no-brainer for everyone.

May 14, 2014 at 12:12 a.m.
rengerry said...

Just keep on ignoring it people. The planet will get along just fine without us.

http://humoncomics.com/art/mother-gaia.jpg

May 14, 2014 at 12:39 a.m.
fairmon said...

I agree alprova and have taken steps similar to yours more for economic reasons than for green. Dirty poluted air will kill us even if the climate isn't affected.

Are you familiar with HB 2847 effective 7/1/14? Remember this acronym FATCA.

May 14, 2014 at 3:04 a.m.

LOL That's a good propaganda/public service announcement brought to us by BO's state message machine. More to keep our minds occupied, like other important issues such as kissing football players, the threat of faux abortion rights being taking from us, illegal aliens' love for this country, celebrity news and pot, while the police state clamps down more and more.

All that "good advice" doesn't amount to a hill of beans, we're totally helpless when it comes to the cycles of the earth weather. Deal with it.

There is no man made global warming. If earth's temperature is rising, it has nothing to do with us. Were we around all the other times when the earth cooled and warmed up and cooled and warmed up?

Climate change wackos went down to the antarctic to prove that ice is thinning down there, and got stuck in ice. They had to be rescued. That happened in January. The Great Lakes this past winter had record ice. Some ice thins in some places, some ice thickens in others. Denver, Nebraska, Wyoming, the Dakota's, etc got snow on Mother's Day. Weather is totally unpredictable. What is normal? Nobody knows because nobody has been around to always record it.

Conserve all you want, drive a lawn mower to work, and buy the bulbs the government forces you to, means absolutely nothing in the whole scheme of things.

The stupidity of obsessing over light bulbs, while downplaying the fact that we're on a big ball revolving around a giant, unpredictable ball of fire, is laughable. We control almost nothing.

If you want to go by who's polluting, if it gets your underwear in a wad, go bitch to China. This country does a great job of keeping things pretty clean. How can it not, with that nazi-like EPA keeping us in step.

It's all about control, controlling us and what we do. It's about squeezing money out of us, and making a few very wealthy. What it really is about is downsizing our lives, relinquishing our freedom, having less choices, making us feel guilty, and taking more from us. If you believe otherwise you're either naive or have sold out.

May 14, 2014 at 5:19 a.m.
alprova said...

Clearly, Z-man does absolutely no research on his own to discover how naïve he is.

Yes, there are some who exploit any cause for profit potential.

Yes, China has replaced the United States as the great polluter.

Yes, history has proven that the Earth has gone through warming and cooling periods, science has proven that there were dire consequences as a result of each of those climatic changes.

I dunno Z-man. God gave each of us a brain and he lends us all this Earth to live on.

I guess you're one of those guys who drives whatever he wants with a V-10 in it, burns every light in the house all day long, with each of those bulbs being energy wasting, just because you can.

You're going to size up an entire team of scientists who have been sounding the alarms for thirty years, by the actions of a few who are not scientifically profiting from the providing of energy saving devices and seminars?

I'm not quite sure you're using all those cylinders in your head. Some of them seem to be misfiring, horribly. Could it be that your thought processes are polluted?

Heck...if there was such a thing, you'd probably be still using leaded gas, because you don't believe a thing science has proven.

May 14, 2014 at 6:44 a.m.
AndrewLohr said...

So far, A.D. 2014 is the coldest year on record in the US. Global warming is dead; long live "climate change"? Noah's flood was a climate change. Repent.

Robert Samuelson in the Washington Post says: be honest: we have no cure for climate change.

Nothing wrong with alpro's details when not forced, but if we have to throw out a lamp because the bulbs that fit it are outlawed...

May 14, 2014 at 6:56 a.m.

You can find just as many or more that don't agree and have their own data.

The "alarm" has been sounded so many times it's like the boy who cried wolf. In 5 years, in 10 years, this will happen and that will happen. The fact is nobody knows anything. It's hot in LA and it snows in the middle part of the country on Mother's Day. So, what does it mean?

Nothing wrong with my cylinders. Weather is unpredictable and always has been. There are cycles and there always have been. Cooling and warming, whatever. Storms, and changes long before we popped up on the plant. There were huge twisters, hurricanes, droughts, blizzards long before we had cars or were industrialized.

Liberalism is always about chaos and alarm in order for some to profit from it and gain control over people's lives. Liberals/ progressives/lefties are very predictable, unlike the climate.

We're being distracted by stupid stuff while D.C tightens the police state, and sells us out to the correct kind of corporations in order for few to gain.

May 14, 2014 at 7:01 a.m.
GaussianInteger said...

"Noah's Flood"?

"So far, A.D. 2014 is the coldest year on record in the US."

I believe the first one is more believable than second.

"The NOAA's National Climatic Data Center found that since modern records began in 1895, the period from December 2013 through February 2014 was the 34th coldest such period for the contiguous 48 states as a whole."

May 14, 2014 at 7:14 a.m.
GaussianInteger said...

"Liberalism is always about chaos and alarm in order for some to profit from it and gain control over people's lives"?

Kind of like prophesying the Rapture?

May 14, 2014 at 7:16 a.m.
conservative said...

Mr. Bennett's subscription to Gloom and Doom must have run out, the kooks in charge failed selling the man made global warming lie so they came up with climate change.

I am going to have some fun today.

nuncanuck must have froze to death over the winter up there in Canada.

May 14, 2014 at 7:49 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Alpo says "I guess you're one of those guys who drives whatever he wants with a V-10 in it, burns every light in the house all day long, with each of those bulbs being energy wasting, just because you can." You don't sell any gas guzzlers, Alpy? Hmmm?

May 14, 2014 at 7:50 a.m.
inquiringmind said...

z-man and lohr always want to let politics (and religion) trump science. It is unfortunate to see Luddites leap off cliffs but there is no law against ignorance. The truly unfortunate thing is the climatic changes are now irreversible in the short term. Look at a topographic map of Florida and the east coast (and Europe), then raise the waterline 10 feet. That is the reality our grandchildren and great-grandchildren face in 100 years.

It would be nice to reason out what happened for the sake of the long-view and to have a lesson for what other misadventures we may start without knowing it. No one at the outset of the industrial age would have thought to consider how conversion of carbon to CO2 would change things because the amount of carbon we convert now was unimaginable then. We could use that as a lesson for the future.

May 14, 2014 at 8:03 a.m.
conservative said...

The man made global warming/climate change kooks say 97% of scientists say that man is causing global warming/climate change.

97% of scientist who are experts in weather say no such thing.

Now watch something very close here.

The poor misled sheep who believe the 97% scam will shout, holler, and call names but they will not produce those 97%.

THEY DO NOT EXIST.

May 14, 2014 at 8:05 a.m.
AgentX said...

Humans are a virus on the planet. We consume and destroy. We multiply and spread. We are also a small blip on the timeline of the planet.
When is the EPA going to crack down on the planet for spewing harmful products into the air every time a volcano erupts? Combustion processes on a large scale aren't helping the environment. But I'm not convinced that every time the temperature is higher than it was this time last year that it's time to start running around screaming "global warming!"

May 14, 2014 at 8:13 a.m.
ibshame said...

"zableedofisterix said... You can find just as many or more that don't agree and have their own data.

No, not anymore. Even some who were doubtful before have since changed their views. It's becoming so that many Repubs even have changed their views as well.

"The "alarm" has been sounded so many times it's like the boy who cried wolf. In 5 years, in 10 years, this will happen and that will happen. The fact is nobody knows anything. It's hot in LA and it snows in the middle part of the country on Mother's Day. So, what does it mean?"

It's obvious Science is not one of your strong points or you wouldn't have to ask that question.

"Nothing wrong with my cylinders. Weather is unpredictable and always has been. There are cycles and there always have been. Cooling and warming, whatever. Storms, and changes long before we popped up on the plant. There were huge twisters, hurricanes, droughts, blizzards long before we had cars or were industrialized."

Again it's obvious Science is not one of your strong points.

"Liberalism is always about chaos and alarm in order for some to profit from it and gain control over people's lives. Liberals/ progressives/lefties are very predictable, unlike the climate."

You are one of those paranoid people who believe telling the truth and laying out the facts is all about CONTROL. By the time people like you realize no one is trying to CONTROL your lives, rather it's about giving you the facts and letting you decide how to proceed with the knowledge.

"We're being distracted by stupid stuff while D.C tightens the police state, and sells us out to the correct kind of corporations in order for few to gain."

Again, my most fervent apologies to Woodstock for ever thinking you were like him. Even the tiny brain in Woodstock's head has more reason in it than yours.

May 14, 2014 at 8:16 a.m.
GaussianInteger said...

ConMan, you're lying again.

May 14, 2014 at 8:24 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

libshame: drinking the kool-aid daily.

May 14, 2014 at 8:27 a.m.
conservative said...

The kooks have said that Polar bears are distressed over climate change but it is really just bipolar bear disorder.

May 14, 2014 at 8:31 a.m.
GaussianInteger said...

Jack, you repeat GOP-talking points on a regular basis. How is that not "drinking the kool-aid"?

May 14, 2014 at 8:38 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Gassy. I differ frequently with the GOP. I never see any of the Leftists on here differ with the Dems. Especially the lady I addressed. That's kool-aidism.

May 14, 2014 at 8:42 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

In a recent proclamation, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel announced that he intends to give city jobs and internships to so-called "DREAMers," youngsters in the country illegally. In the announcement, Emanuel proudly stated that "for the first time" Chicago is "opening up nearly 23,000 City-funded internship, volunteer, and job opportunities for undocumented students, or 'DREAMers. this is liberalism in a nutshell.

May 14, 2014 at 8:43 a.m.
GaussianInteger said...

I have yet to see it Jack. I'll be on the lookout, however.

May 14, 2014 at 9:04 a.m.
alprova said...

Andrew wrote: "Nothing wrong with alpro's details when not forced, but if we have to throw out a lamp because the bulbs that fit it are outlawed..."

That is a patently false statement. Bulbs can be changed, and the new fluorescents are better, they last YEARS longer, and they provide just as much light, if not more.

No lamp must be thrown away due to it needing a light bulb.

May 14, 2014 at 9:04 a.m.
GaussianInteger said...

A lot of you are interchangeably using "weather" and "climate". They do not mean the same thing.

May 14, 2014 at 9:11 a.m.
conservative said...

So you drive, you burn fossil fuels.

You have been led like a sheep to believe that YOU are causing global warming/climate change.

Here is a tip to lessen your guilt:

Don't park your gas guzzler in the garage, leave it in the driveway, you will save pennies each week by not driving those few extra feet.

May 14, 2014 at 9:23 a.m.

"Noah's flood was a climate change. Repent."

A fictional character in a fictional book. But you can repent of your fundamental disease and use science instead.

It's amazing that some people will use a bronze age collection of stories as science and history.

I will say that Russel Crowe took the fictional character of Noah and made a much more interesting story than the source material.

You'd think that that particularly god could have told original stories rather than simply modify existing ones told ages before.

Certainly Jehovah is no Kurt Vonnegut or Victor Hugo. Better luck next time, Jehovah.

May 14, 2014 at 9:24 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Leftists are genetically disposed to being force-fed.

May 14, 2014 at 9:44 a.m.
GaussianInteger said...

Way to post those politically-neutral sites Joe. I guess if someone countered with something from the Huffington Post or MSNBC you would take them seriously???

May 14, 2014 at 9:46 a.m.
GaussianInteger said...

As are Rightists Jack. You guys just digest a different mantra.

May 14, 2014 at 9:47 a.m.
inquiringmind said...

con-man is bloviating again and dragging along his pals such as joe-pee who thinks the entire scientific establishment is conspiring to foment a big hoax on the world public! They all must be members of the council on foreign affairs who hold all the puppet strings. You are grasping at straws but go for it. Read the right side editorial page today pals, even your former pals are evacuating your position.

May 14, 2014 at 9:48 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Gassy. And you don't?

May 14, 2014 at 9:57 a.m.
conservative said...

inquiringmind

Ms. Sohn advised you to get a rowboat and emergency supplies.

Look for the "The End Is Now" display at Walmart.

Hurry!

May 14, 2014 at 9:59 a.m.
GaussianInteger said...

Nope. I see pro's and con's on both sides.

May 14, 2014 at 9:59 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

^^^ uh huh

May 14, 2014 at 10:05 a.m.
conservative said...

inquiringmind

The head kooks are saying it's too late.

It is all over but the crying.

They are reliving Carole King:

"And it's too late baby, now it's too late Though we really did try to make it"

May 14, 2014 at 10:10 a.m.

"trump science" that's projection on your part. You libs let politics trump science. "man made global warming is bull$hit" and there's plenty of science and scientists who back that up. You're all about control. Control what doctors we should have, what we eat, what we do, what we drive, what bulbs to use in our house, what we should believe, or else, and so on.

You're pathetic. Bennett takes his cue from the DNC/BO. Funny how over the last week the DNC/BO has focused on "climate change" again, and praising Michael Sam for openly stating he has sex with men, and Bennett draws with that in mind.

You label folks as "homophobes" because they don't embrace the visual of two men kissing and licking cake off of each others faces. You label folks who don't buy into "made global warming" as "climate deniers" and compare them to holocaust deniers.

May 14, 2014 at 10:35 a.m.
LibDem said...

Michael Gerson stated it well this morning. "The assumption that the vast majority in a scientific field is engaged in fraud or corruption is frankly conspiratorial."

May 14, 2014 at 10:42 a.m.
GaussianInteger said...

"there's plenty of science and scientists who back that up."

Where? You guys always spout this, but the only studies I ever see are funded by either A). Energy companies or B). Conservative Think Tanks. It was like when Camel cigarettes paid doctors to say that smoking has health benefits.

May 14, 2014 at 10:56 a.m.
conservative said...

So you have been preaching gloom and doom global warming/climate change to your neighbors and one of them points out to you the hypocrisy of you using air conditioning.

Here is a tip.

Before you go outside wet your face each time (keep a spray bottle by the front door) and wear a sweat towel around your neck.

You both can grin as you wave to each other.

May 14, 2014 at 11:11 a.m.

The extreme Christian fundamentalists, of which this forum is full, believe in magic gods, superstitions, imagainary history, and books of pure fiction.

Their science relies on Ken Ham and the Creation Museum and other slapstick fundamentalists.

I trust these small-minded, scientific illiterates will not go to the doctor when their legs are broken, cancer is eating them up, they need glasses, their rotten teeth are falling out, and their pregnant wives and daughters need a caesarian.

Let them wait on their imaginary gods and saviors to deliver them. I pity the children of such idiots, who have no chance being raised by these religious slavers.

Fortunately in America, this type of fundamentalism is dying out and not a moment too soon. The Bible will be in the library in the fiction section under myths and comedy.

Population control begins with fundamentalists so let them scream in agony waiting for divine intervention. If science doesn't work for them, that's fine. I won't stand in their way to die.

May 14, 2014 at 11:11 a.m.
inquiringmind said...

libdem z-man makes my point, it is all about politics and religion (and/or sex) not the cold, hard data of science, I doubt they will read Gerson's commentary, but if they do they will brand him a heretic or traitor to the cause. The fact that z-fix tries to make it about sex is a clear example of "change the subject and avoid the facts." Now we just need to ignore these blind guides," the 3-percenters."

If 9,700 scientists say the evidence points overwhelmingly towards CO2 emissions since the industrial age began is causing the present warming trend, but they can find 300 who argue that the facts are wrong, they will embrace the 300 because it fits their politics or religion and suspicion that a conspiracy is afoot. They will deny it until after they are neck-deep in the flooding ocean, just like Noah's neighbors.

By the way my statistics are from Science Magazine (see the current issue). Approximately 97% of all expert scientists agree with the warming interpretation. The standard in scientific study is a 95% confidence interval.

May 14, 2014 at 11:15 a.m.
GaussianInteger said...

Not to mention inquiringmind, Z-man also cites the "majority of Americans don't view homosexuality as normal" as his reason to say homosexuality is not normal. Yet, he ignores that the super-majority of experts in the field saying that climate change is real?

May 14, 2014 at 11:21 a.m.
LibDem said...

inquiringmind, Again Michael Gerson, "How can you make serious political decisions based on scientific likelihoods when politics thrives on the feeding of ideological certainties?"

On the other hand, there is good reason to believe that gays are heating up the environment.

May 14, 2014 at 11:25 a.m.
conservative said...

Climate experts say we should tell villagers in developing countries to reduce the amount of cooking smoke they generate to help fix global warming. You know, it's as if these people don't hate us enough already. I mean, they live in mud huts, they have thatch roofs, their clothes are made of straw. We pull up in a bunch of Humvees and SUVs going, 'Hey, you want to cut the smoke out of here?'" --Jay Leno

May 14, 2014 at 11:29 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

allah'sbuttbrother is a bitter little fellow.

May 14, 2014 at 11:36 a.m.
GaussianInteger said...

Jay Leno attends a "false church" ConMan, how dare you side with a fake Christian.

May 14, 2014 at 11:43 a.m.
conservative said...

So, everyday you drive to work in your fossil fueler and you pass all of those racks of bicycles the gloom and doomers and youself are not using.

And so everyday you are reminded of your hypocrisy when you pass by those unused bikes.

Here is a tip:

CHANGE YOUR ROUTE!

May 14, 2014 at 11:54 a.m.
Rickaroo said...

"The man made global warming/climate change kooks say 97% of scientists say that man is causing global warming/climate change.97% of scientist who are experts in weather say no such thing...The poor misled sheep who believe the 97% scam will shout, holler, and call names but they will not produce those 97%. THEY DO NOT EXIST." - conservative

This from the following American scientific societies:

AMERICAN ASSOCIATION FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF SCIENCE:

"The scientific evidence is clear: global climate change caused by human activities is occurring now, and it is a growing threat to society." (2006)3

AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY:

"Comprehensive scientific assessments of our current and potential future climates clearly indicate that climate change is real, largely attributable to emissions from human activities, and potentially a very serious problem." (2004)4

AMERICAN GEOPHYSICAL UNION:

"Human‐induced climate change requires urgent action. Humanity is the major influence on the global climate change observed over the past 50 years. Rapid societal responses can significantly lessen negative outcomes." (Adopted 2003, revised and reaffirmed 2007, 2012, 2013)5

AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION:

"Our AMA ... supports the findings of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s fourth assessment report and concurs with the scientific consensus that the Earth is undergoing adverse global climate change and that anthropogenic contributions are significant." (2013)

AMERICAN METEOROLOGICAL SOCIETY:

"It is clear from extensive scientific evidence that the dominant cause of the rapid change in climate of the past half century is human-induced increases in the amount of atmospheric greenhouse gases, including carbon dioxide (CO2), chlorofluorocarbons, methane, and nitrous oxide." (2012)

AMERICAN PHYSICAL SOCIETY:

"The evidence is incontrovertible: Global warming is occurring. If no mitigating actions are taken, significant disruptions in the Earth’s physical and ecological systems, social systems, security and human health are likely to occur. We must reduce emissions of greenhouse gases beginning now." (2007)

THE GEOLOGICAL SOCIETY OF AMERICA:

"The Geological Society of America (GSA) concurs with assessments by the National Academies of Science (2005), the National Research Council (2006), and the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC, 2007) that global climate has warmed and that human activities (mainly greenhouse‐gas emissions) account for most of the warming since the middle 1900s." (2006; revised 2010)

May 14, 2014 at 11:59 a.m.
Rickaroo said...

Continued...

And this joint statement from the international science academies:

"Climate change is real. There will always be uncertainty in understanding a system as complex as the world’s climate. However there is now strong evidence that significant global warming is occurring. The evidence comes from direct measurements of rising surface air temperatures and subsurface ocean temperatures and from phenomena such as increases in average global sea levels, retreating glaciers, and changes to many physical and biological systems. It is likely that most of the warming in recent decades can be attributed to human activities (IPCC 2001)." (2005, 11 international science academies)

INTERGOVERNMENTAL PANEL ON CLIMATE CHANGE: “Warming of the climate system is unequivocal, as is now evident from observations of increases in global average air and ocean temperatures, widespread melting of snow and ice, and rising global average sea level.”13

“Most of the observed increase in global average temperatures since the mid-20th century is very likely* due to the observed increase in anthropogenic greenhouse gas concentrations.”14

*IPCC defines ‘very likely’ as greater than 90 percent probability of occurrence.

May 14, 2014 at noon
Rickaroo said...

Continued...

The following is a list of the nearly 200 worldwide scientific organizations that hold the position that climate change has been caused by human action:

  1. Academia Chilena de Ciencias, Chile
  2. Academia das Ciencias de Lisboa, Portugal
  3. Academia de Ciencias de la República Dominicana
  4. Academia de Ciencias Físicas, Matemáticas y Naturales de Venezuela
  5. Academia de Ciencias Medicas, Fisicas y Naturales de Guatemala
  6. Academia Mexicana de Ciencias,Mexico
  7. Academia Nacional de Ciencias de Bolivia
  8. Academia Nacional de Ciencias del Peru
  9. Académie des Sciences et Techniques du Sénégal
  10. Académie des Sciences, France
  11. Academies of Arts, Humanities and Sciences of Canada
  12. Academy of Athens
  13. Academy of Science of Mozambique
  14. Academy of Science of South Africa
  15. Academy of Sciences for the Developing World (TWAS)
  16. Academy of Sciences Malaysia
  17. Academy of Sciences of Moldova
  18. Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic
  19. Academy of Sciences of the Islamic Republic of Iran
  20. Academy of Scientific Research and Technology, Egypt
  21. Academy of the Royal Society of New Zealand
  22. Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei, Italy
  23. Africa Centre for Climate and Earth Systems Science
  24. African Academy of Sciences
  25. Albanian Academy of Sciences
  26. Amazon Environmental Research Institute
  27. American Academy of Pediatrics
  28. American Anthropological Association
  29. American Association for the Advancement of Science
  30. American Association of State Climatologists (AASC)
  31. American Association of Wildlife Veterinarians
  32. American Astronomical Society
  33. American Chemical Society
  34. American College of Preventive Medicine
  35. American Fisheries Society
  36. American Geophysical Union
  37. American Institute of Biological Sciences
  38. American Institute of Physics
  39. American Meteorological Society
  40. American Physical Society
  41. American Public Health Association
  42. American Quaternary Association
  43. American Society for Microbiology
  44. American Society of Agronomy
  45. American Society of Civil Engineers
  46. American Society of Plant Biologists
  47. American Statistical Association
  48. Association of Ecosystem Research Centers
  49. Australian Academy of Science
  50. Australian Bureau of Meteorology
  51. Australian Coral Reef Society
  52. Australian Institute of Marine Science
  53. Australian Institute of Physics
  54. Australian Marine Sciences Association
  55. Australian Medical Association
  56. Australian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society
  57. Bangladesh Academy of Sciences
  58. Botanical Society of America
  59. Brazilian Academy of Sciences
  60. British Antarctic Survey
May 14, 2014 at 12:07 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

Continued...

  1. Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
  2. California Academy of Sciences
  3. Cameroon Academy of Sciences
  4. Canadian Association of Physicists
  5. Canadian Foundation for Climate and Atmospheric Sciences
  6. Canadian Geophysical Union
  7. Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society
  8. Canadian Society of Soil Science
  9. Canadian Society of Zoologists
  10. Caribbean Academy of Sciences views
  11. Center for International Forestry Research
  12. Chinese Academy of Sciences
  13. Colombian Academy of Exact, Physical and Natural Sciences
  14. Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO) (Australia)
  15. Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research
  16. Croatian Academy of Arts and Sciences
  17. Crop Science Society of America
  18. Cuban Academy of Sciences
  19. Delegation of the Finnish Academies of Science and Letters
  20. Ecological Society of America
  21. Ecological Society of Australia
  22. Environmental Protection Agency
  23. European Academy of Sciences and Arts
  24. European Federation of Geologists
  25. European Geosciences Union
  26. European Physical Society
  27. European Science Foundation
  28. Federation of American Scientists
  29. French Academy of Sciences
  30. Geological Society of America
  31. Geological Society of Australia
  32. Geological Society of London
  33. Georgian Academy of Sciences
  34. German Academy of Natural Scientists Leopoldina
  35. Ghana Academy of Arts and Sciences
  36. Indian National Science Academy
  37. Indonesian Academy of Sciences
  38. Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management
  39. Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology
  40. Institute of Professional Engineers New Zealand
  41. Institution of Mechanical Engineers, UK
  42. InterAcademy Council
  43. International Alliance of Research Universities
  44. International Arctic Science Committee
  45. International Association for Great Lakes Research
  46. International Council for Science
  47. International Council of Academies of Engineering and Technological Sciences
  48. International Research Institute for Climate and Society
  49. International Union for Quaternary Research
  50. International Union of Geodesy and Geophysics
  51. International Union of Pure and Applied Physics
  52. Islamic World Academy of Sciences
  53. Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities
  54. Kenya National Academy of Sciences
  55. Korean Academy of Science and Technology
  56. Kosovo Academy of Sciences and Arts
  57. l'Académie des Sciences et Techniques du Sénégal
  58. Latin American Academy of Sciences
  59. Latvian Academy of Sciences
  60. Lithuanian Academy of Sciences
May 14, 2014 at 12:08 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

Continued...

  1. Madagascar National Academy of Arts, Letters, and Sciences
  2. Mauritius Academy of Science and Technology
  3. Montenegrin Academy of Sciences and Arts
  4. National Academy of Exact, Physical and Natural Sciences, Argentina
  5. National Academy of Sciences of Armenia
  6. National Academy of Sciences of the Kyrgyz Republic
  7. National Academy of Sciences, Sri Lanka
  8. National Academy of Sciences, United States of America
  9. National Aeronautics and Space Administration
  10. National Association of Geoscience Teachers
  11. National Association of State Foresters
  12. National Center for Atmospheric Research
  13. National Council of Engineers Australia
  14. National Institute of Water & Atmospheric Research, New Zealand
  15. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
  16. National Research Council
  17. National Science Foundation
  18. Natural England
  19. Natural Environment Research Council, UK
  20. Natural Science Collections Alliance
  21. Network of African Science Academies
  22. New York Academy of Sciences
  23. Nicaraguan Academy of Sciences
  24. Nigerian Academy of Sciences
  25. Norwegian Academy of Sciences and Letters
  26. Oklahoma Climatological Survey
  27. Organization of Biological Field Stations
  28. Pakistan Academy of Sciences
  29. Palestine Academy for Science and Technology
  30. Pew Center on Global Climate Change
  31. Polish Academy of Sciences
  32. Romanian Academy
  33. Royal Academies for Science and the Arts of Belgium
  34. Royal Academy of Exact, Physical and Natural Sciences of Spain
  35. Royal Astronomical Society, UK
  36. Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters
  37. Royal Irish Academy
  38. Royal Meteorological Society (UK)
  39. Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences
  40. Royal Netherlands Institute for Sea Research
  41. Royal Scientific Society of Jordan
  42. Royal Society of Canada
  43. Royal Society of Chemistry, UK
  44. Royal Society of the United Kingdom
  45. Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences
  46. Russian Academy of Sciences
  47. Science and Technology, Australia
  48. Science Council of Japan
  49. Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research
  50. Scientific Committee on Solar-Terrestrial Physics
  51. Scripps Institution of Oceanography
  52. Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts
  53. Slovak Academy of Sciences
  54. Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts
  55. Society for Ecological Restoration International
  56. Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
  57. Society of American Foresters
  58. Society of Biology (UK)
  59. Society of Systematic Biologists
  60. Soil Science Society of America
May 14, 2014 at 12:10 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

Continued...

  1. Sudan Academy of Sciences
  2. Sudanese National Academy of Science
  3. Tanzania Academy of Sciences
  4. The Wildlife Society (international)
  5. Turkish Academy of Sciences
  6. Uganda National Academy of Sciences
  7. Union of German Academies of Sciences and Humanities
  8. United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
  9. University Corporation for Atmospheric Research
  10. Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
  11. World Association of Zoos and Aquariums
  12. World Federation of Public Health Associations
  13. World Forestry Congress
  14. World Health Organization
  15. World Meteorological Organization
  16. Zambia Academy of Sciences
  17. Zimbabwe Academy of Sciences
May 14, 2014 at 12:11 p.m.
conservative said...

Now, if you are considering my tip of spraying your face with water and wearing a sweat towel around your neck in order to fool your neighbors about your hypocritical use of air conditioning, you might consider that your neighbors might notice the bushes around your compressor being disturbed when it comes on to cool your house.

You are going to look pretty silly, right?

Here is a tip.

Cut all of those bushes down.

May 14, 2014 at 12:13 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

"The following is a list of the nearly 200 worldwide scientific organizations that hold the position that climate change has been caused by human action:"

They are all in on the scheme. It's a conspiracy.

May 14, 2014 at 12:22 p.m.
conservative said...

Notice the Liberal woman who drove, burning fossil fuel to drink a cup of hot coffee!

Burning fossil fuel so she can have hot coffee.

May 14, 2014 at 12:25 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

You deniers go on believing your Faux News blowhards and people like Limbaugh and Coulter and other know-nothing talking heads. The only scientists who are speaking out against AGW are the obvious shills who are paid off by the big oil companies and the other polluting industries. And you choose to believe them over the actual scientists, the specialists in their field, who have devoted years to their research.

If you want to cling to the asinine, stupid notion that it is nothing but a "liberal conspiracy," well, the scientific community throughout the entire WORLD would have to be in on it! There really isn't a word strong enough to describe the idiocy of you deniers. Stupid, foolish, immature, idiotic...you are all of that and more. You jackasses keep crying your crocodile tears over leaving a national debt to our children and grandchildren but you have no concern whatsoever about the serious likelihood of leaving them an inhospitable and burned out planet.

May 14, 2014 at 12:28 p.m.
conservative said...

Walmart has the best deal on flotation devices but you better hurry.

May 14, 2014 at 12:35 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

Notice that con-man remains silent in the face of my refutation of his claim that the scientists and scientific agencies in support of the theory of human induced climate change do not exist. They DO exist and I have listed them. I have noticed that he ALWAYS sticks his tail between his legs and goes on babbling nonsense about something else whenever anyone offers him solid evidence to refute his fallacious,imaginary claims.

Enjoy living in your fantasy world, con-man. It must be a might lonely place there, in your world of insulated self-righteousness. And it will be even lonelier in that eternal paradise you think you are going to after you leave this earthly realm. Apparently there aren't going to be many people righteous enough to qualify to enter it, and you TROO Christians won't have the joy of pointing out the sins of other people.

May 14, 2014 at 12:56 p.m.
conservative said...

A 2 bedroom condo on north Florida beaches can bring $1,000,000.

I guess the gloom and doomers have a lot of lying to do yet.

May 14, 2014 at 1:03 p.m.

"conservative said... Walmart has the best deal on flotation devices but you better hurry."

The good news for fundamentalists is there's no need for life jackets as sh!t floats.

May 14, 2014 at 1:05 p.m.
conservative said...

So why isn't a wooded lot going for $1,000,000 on Monteagle?

Don't they get the paper up there?

The higher the hill, the higher the bill when the flood comes.

Hurry!

May 14, 2014 at 1:12 p.m.
ibshame said...

"Rickaroo said... You deniers go on believing your Faux News blowhards and people like Limbaugh and Coulter and other know-nothing talking heads. The only scientists who are speaking out against AGW are the obvious shills who are paid off by the big oil companies and the other polluting industries. And you choose to believe them over the actual scientists, the specialists in their field, who have devoted years to their research."

Rickaroo you hit the nail on the head. It wouldn't matter if you posted proof from every think-tank in the world this bunch of dumbasses won't believe it until they hear Lard-As Limbaugh, Dumbas Hannity, or some other kook tell them it's true.

It is a sad commentary on this bunch of idiots but unfortunately it's true, they are pathetic little wimps with their hands over their ears attempting to block out the truth.

May 14, 2014 at 1:14 p.m.
gypsylady said...

Oh no, the sea levels won't rise. Yet we're having to pay more and more to subsidize insurance for coastal development and redevelopment. If the true cost of fossil fuels was born by the producers (polluters) and direct consumers we'd be well on our way to weaning ourselves off of carbon. Instead, we taxpayers pay to clean up a substantial part of their messes.

May 14, 2014 at 1:15 p.m.
ibshame said...

"TheJackDennis said... allah'sbuttbrother is a bitter little fellow"

No, he's not bitter. In fact, he writes with a really hit 'em hard sense of humor. Only someone as bitter as you are wouldn't appreciate it.

May 14, 2014 at 1:19 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Not bitter, libshamed. Amused.

May 14, 2014 at 1:25 p.m.
ibshame said...

Below are the kinds of things RWNJ's are most passionate about but it's definitely not climate change.

"Allen West: Kidnapped Nigerian girls are a ‘fishy’ Obama plot to distract from Benghazi"

This idiot sees conspiracy every where. Definitely one of the nuttiest teabaggers.

"Sandy Hook 'Truther' Tells Victim's Mother Her Daughter Never Existed"

Yep, this idiot actually told the Mother of one of the children killed in Sandy Hook that it was all just a "flag operation" by the Obama Administration to take away guns.

"Operation American Spring promises to drive Obama from office this Friday"

And last but certainly not least another off shoot of the teabaggers. This pathetic bunch believes they are going to replace President Obama, VP Joe Biden, Speaker John Boehner, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and any other "enemy" of the people on Friday by driving them out of office with supposedly a million or more people protesting on Friday in D.C. According to their spokesperson, they don't want violence but they should be prepared for violence. Yeah right.

May 14, 2014 at 1:42 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

"Notice that con-man remains silent in the face of my refutation of his claim that the scientists and scientific agencies in support of the theory of human induced climate change do not exist. They DO exist and I have listed them. I have noticed that he ALWAYS sticks his tail between his legs and goes on babbling nonsense about something else whenever anyone offers him solid evidence to refute his fallacious,imaginary claims."

Their right-wing media outlet of choice hasn't been able to give them a reasonable retort when that fact is presented.

I was happy to see the approval of the Keystone Pipeline fail yesterday in the Senate. Unfortunately, I think it will eventually pass.

May 14, 2014 at 1:42 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

I will stipulate that Connman is bereft of balls.

May 14, 2014 at 1:48 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Imshamed gets nuttier by the day.

May 14, 2014 at 1:48 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

con-man sez, "we should tell villagers in developing countries ..." and "So why isn't a wooded lot going for $1,000,000 on Monteagle?" - changing the subject again. Con-man do you think Monteagle is more than 10-25 feet above current sea level?

con-man sez, "A 2 bedroom condo on north Florida beaches can bring $1,000,000." So you want to buy a good bridge in Brooklyn also? I'll give you a good deal. Better yet, Let's put you in suspended animation and plant you on the beach in N. FL. timed to awake about 2114 as young and vital as you are now, ready for the deal, how confident are you it is a hoax?

rick- remember before you get too worked up, con-man lives in an alternate universe.

May 14, 2014 at 1:56 p.m.
conservative said...

inquirinmind

"con-man sez, "we should tell villagers in developing countries" You are confused again.

"changing the subject again"

Why no,I know the subject I was writing about, don't you try to change my subject.

"Con-man do you think Monteagle is more than 10-25 feet above current sea level?"

As a matter of fact I do? I think it is much closer to 2,000 ft above sea level.

"con-man sez, "A 2 bedroom condo on north Florida beaches can bring $1,000,000." So you want to buy a good bridge in Brooklyn also?"

No, not me, but you most certainly have not convinced buyers and sellers in north Florida that soon to be under water condos are not worth $1,000.000.

"Better yet, Let's put you in suspended animation and plant you on the beach in N. FL. timed to awake about 2114 as young and vital as you are now, ready for the deal, how confident are you it is a hoax?"

So, you are now trying to push a "suspended animation" hoax? Isn't one hoax at a time good enough for you?

I told you that I was going to have some fun today. All in fun inquiringmind, all in fun.

May 14, 2014 at 2:23 p.m.
ibshame said...

"TheJackDennis said... Imshamed gets nuttier by the day."

No, the headlines I copied are all about fruitcakes and teabaggers of your ilk. The only difference between them and you is the topic you've chosen to show your ignorance. Yours is Benghazi.

May 14, 2014 at 2:24 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

con-man - a fool and his money soon part, it is inevitable, just like losing part of the Antarctic ice sheet to global warming.

May 14, 2014 at 2:28 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

It is common for conservative and other brain-dead deniers to label us who accept the science of AGW as hypocrites for continuing to drive our cars or use our air conditioners or do anything else that uses fossil fuels. But that is a silly, preposterous straw argument. The fact is that we are all forced to live in a world that is presently limited to fossil fuels for our energy source. Yes, there are green alternatives such as solar panels, electric cars, and limited use of wind energy, but for anyone to implement those individually it is extremely expensive, at this early stage of development, and out of reach for the average person. Nobody wants to live in a cave and few people have the option of abandoning their cars for public transportation (which is inadequate in most cities anyway) or to walk or ride a bike exclusively. Most people live too far away from their jobs to be able to commute without their own transportation. And nobody is advocating that we live in a world without our computers or cell phones or televisions or air conditioners anyway. We all like our modern-day conveniences, and have even come to need them in many ways, and it is not hypocritical to keep on using them. It is prudent and good to make individual sacrifices where we can, but the problem is so grave that in the end it will take collective, unified effort and initiative to bring about the needed changes.

The potential to create a nation no longer dependent on fossil fuels, one based solely on clean renewable energy, lies right in front of us, and all it will take to bring it to fruition will be the collective will to do so. The only thing holding us back is the greed and the unrelenting stranglehold that Big Oil and the other polluting industries have on our government and the propaganda (lies) they keep filling the heads of the sheeple who believe and support them.

Green energy IS GOING TO BE the wave of the future and fossil fuels are inevitably doomed for extinction. We will have to make the transition sooner or later and it would be far better and cheaper to do it sooner, in a rational and orderly manner, rather than wait until it's too late and we find ourselves in a state of total chaos and desperation. The fact is, we have waited too late already and the stage of chaos and desperation is fast approaching.

May 14, 2014 at 2:28 p.m.
conservative said...

inquiringmind

"con-man - a fool and his money soon part, it is inevitable, just like losing part of the Antarctic ice sheet to global warming."

Yes, that is so true. So many have fooled away their money on gloom and doom, books, movies, contributions to hucksters like Al Gore

Al Gore flies around in his shiny jets spewing carbon all the way to the bank.

That man uses more carbon in flight than millions of the poor in India in a year.

May 14, 2014 at 2:46 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

I don't know how many people are aware of this little factoid:

Nikola Tesla had created a system using alternating current that would have provided electricity freely and abundantly to the entire nation. He was convinced, and rightly so, that the flow of energy was natural and infinite and it was just a matter of harnessing it. He had even built a tower on Long Island with which to demonstrate his plan on a smaller scale. All he needed was the funding from J.P. Morgan to do so. But upon realizing that he could not make a profit from it, Morgan changed his mind and refused the funding. That could well have been a turning point that sent America further down the road to being a greed-infused capitalistic nation that placed profits over a more natural and holistic way of life, where energy is free and clean and abundant and nobody should have to pay for it.

May 14, 2014 at 3:01 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

What's scary is that Roo actually believes his shiznit.

May 14, 2014 at 3:23 p.m.
conservative said...

inquiringmind

"con-man - a fool and his money soon part, it is inevitable, just like losing part of the Antarctic ice sheet to global warming."

You didn't write "man made global warming" just "global warming."

Why?

Have you ever made a statement that YOU are causing global warming?

May 14, 2014 at 3:30 p.m.

Bible "science" for Fundies

The ancient Hebrews imagined the world as flat and round [disk], covered by the great solid dome of the firmament which was held up by mountain pillars, (Job 26:11; 37:18). The blue color of the sky was attributed to the chaotic waters that the firmament separated from the earth (Gen. 1:7). The earth was thus surrounded by waters above and below (Gen. 1:6,7; cf. Psalms 24:2; 148:4, Deut. 5:8). The firmament was thought to be substantial; it had pillars (Job 26:11) and foundations (2 Sam. 22:8). When the windows of it were opened, rain fell (Gen. 7:11-12; 8:2). The sun, moon, and stars moved across or were fixed in the firmament (Gen. 1:14-19; Ps. 19:4,6). It was also the abode of the birds (Gen. 1:20; Deut. 4:17). Within the earth lay Sheol, the realm of the dead (Num. 16:30-33; Isa. 14:9,15)"

Yep, the inerrant Bible certainly has " creation science" down to a highly laughable art form.

Still waiting to see photos of Jesus riding a dinosaur.

May 14, 2014 at 3:39 p.m.
wallyworld said...

Andrew Lohr - if the whole country was as brain dead and backward as you are, we'd still be using oil lamps with whale oil and the horse and buggy ~ what in the world to do with all these old oil lamps and buggies? I have antique lamps from my grandmother that all have 'energy saving' bulbs. You have no credibility whatsoever outside your little circle of Neanderthal knuckle draggers.

May 14, 2014 at 3:45 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

con-man, One person around here is certainly bloviating... helping the cows out with methane production.

May 14, 2014 at 4:08 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

My, my, the anti-God crew very toxic today. Doesn't take much to get them spewing venom.

May 14, 2014 at 4:11 p.m.

In the real world of science the only snakes that spit venom are cobras.

In the creationist/fundamentalist world, snakes talk.

Science wins again, and again, and again!

Creationism fails again, and again, and again.

May 14, 2014 at 4:21 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

^^^ spew

May 14, 2014 at 4:30 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

JD, the "shiznit" that I believe in happens to be cold hard facts. Every one of the scientific agencies that I listed is officially on board with endorsing the science of AGW. The story about Nikola Tesla and J.P Morgan is verifiably true - just read any biography of Tesla. (Of course, that would require that you actually READ and open your mind to a world of truth and reality beyond the narrow confines of your rabidly conservative worldview). And while it might not be a fact (yet) that green, renewable energy is the wave of the future, one would have to be a head-in-the-sand, pea-brained nitwit to think otherwise. But then, that is pretty much the mentality we are dealing with in deniers and regressive, ass-backward thinking old farts like you, isn't it?

May 14, 2014 at 4:44 p.m.
alprova said...

What a deal. The deniers are all fired up and offering the same old repetitive crap that can be heard on the Sunday Talk shows on Faux News, but little to nothing in the form of proof that climate change is not real.

Just as I predicted, the deniers only see those like Al Gore, whom I agree is in it strictly for profit, but they deny all the documented scientific evidence that proves that we have to treat the Earth with respect, if we expect the Earth to respect humans.

May 14, 2014 at 4:56 p.m.
alprova said...

Rickaroo, I love the way you fire with both barrels.

Eloquent, as always!!

May 14, 2014 at 5:01 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

Thank you to everyone today who has taken the time to read my comments with an open mind. It's been fun but I've gotta run...for now. Anyway, the extent of willful ignorance from you fundie/conservative/teabagging troglodytes is beginning to bring me down. I'm thankful for the more honest and open-minded comments from the likes of ibshame, inquiringmind, alprova, BlackwWater, LibDem, librul, limric, allahsyoungerbother, Gaussianinteger, gypsylady, wallyworld, lkeithlu, Easy, and a few others (I miss nucanuck's comments). I always look forward to reading the posts that you guys/gals submit and invariably I learn something from you. But I've had enough for one day of the lies, misinformation, and negativity spewed by these small thinking libertarian-anarchists/conservatives/teabaggers/fundies. Later. Peace, ya'll.

May 14, 2014 at 5:13 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

Thanks, al! I always enjoy and appreciate your comments. We don't agree on every issue but I certainly respect your reasoned and open way of looking at things.

May 14, 2014 at 5:17 p.m.

Best to you, Mr. Rickaroo and thanks for your insistence on science and reason, not superstitions and religious bullhockey.

May 14, 2014 at 6:29 p.m.
conservative said...

I did a page search on "man made" and not one Liberal called it man made global warming.

Not one admitted or claimed they were responsible for global warming.

It is always the other guy with the global warming crowd.

They defend Homosexuality/sodomy but won't admit to being one.

It is always the other guy who is the Homosexual/sodomite.

They defend the Socialist welfare programs such as food stamps but they never admit they receive food stamps.

It is always the other guy who gets the freebies.

May 14, 2014 at 7:06 p.m.

Did you do a page search in the Bible? That's not science, but it is hilariously full of bunk.

Did you look in the mirror? There's your frustrated eunuch.

Did you use the roads, use electricity, go to church that doesn't pay taxes? There's your socialism.

It's always the fundies that say the dumbest things. Then again, believing in an ancient myth as reality is dumber.

May 14, 2014 at 7:46 p.m.
una61 said...

The word is "anthropogenic" as in Anthropogenic God.

May 14, 2014 at 8:13 p.m.
alprova said...

Connie wrote: "They defend Homosexuality/sodomy but won't admit to being one. It is always the other guy who is the Homosexual/sodomite."

Ah...the absolute irony in that statement of projection.

Connie, I truly believe you are the ONLY person who des not know you are deep in the closet.

May 14, 2014 at 9:25 p.m.
fairmon said...

Educate, educate and educate, encourage and lead but do not dictate by legislating, incentivizing and manipulating. I use LED bulbs but I don't like being forced to do so. I have a water saver commode but don't like being forced to do so. I wear seat belts without exception but I don't like being required to do so. I have health insurance but resent being required to have it and forced to pay for yours. The list of lost liberties is longggggggggggg. Why do we allow government to spend so much money protecting the ignorant from themselves?

May 14, 2014 at 11:44 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

A liberal love-in. Sweet.

May 14, 2014 at 11:48 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon, your list of "lost liberties" is bogus and quite exaggerated, but since you finished your post with a question, let's discuss that.

" Why do we allow government to spend so much money protecting the ignorant from themselves?"

You know the answer to that question.

The power of Government is in the hands of those the nation elects to run it.

You know there is no hope that the nation will ever seize the power of the Government or that it will ever bend to your personal will.

You may not be allowing them to do what they do, but you are quite powerless to do anything about it.

So you have a couple of choices: You can rise up, take up arms against the Government and perhaps get your name entered into history books, or you can piss and moan about it in a public forum, for all the good it will do.

I think you're going to continue to be a good little boy, earn your money, pay your taxes, and continue to obey the laws set forth, even if you disagree with some of them.

Pissing in the wind only results in one thing. Wet pant legs.

May 15, 2014 at 1:47 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Apparently Alpo is getting no attention at home.

May 15, 2014 at 2:15 a.m.
alprova said...

Apparently, "The" Jack Dennis still hasn't learned your lesson.

As a bankrupt man who is related to one of Knoxville's most notorious child molesters, and as someone who has the need to wear adult diapers to preserve your furniture, I really don't see where you are in a position to worry about what attention other people are getting.

You might has well have opened the door naked on the mailman, scarring him for life.

May 15, 2014 at 8:32 a.m.
fairmon said...

ALPROVA SAID...Pissing in the wind only results in one thing. Wet pant legs.

alprova...I also discuss the same concerns with elected representatives. If enough people piss in the lake they can raise the water level.

alprova said..your list of "lost liberties" is bogus and quite exaggerated.

Are you saying they are not accurate? What is the exaggeration?They are reality and only a few were listed. You are a submissive government dependent loyalist but that doesn't mean it is a good thing and that everyone should be. Your to each according to need and from each according to ability ideology is frightening.

May 15, 2014 at 8:40 a.m.
inquiringmind said...

Alprova, I fail to see the value in attacking a person because of a relative's actions, or a reason to make your other denigrating remarks, regardless of how silly his own comments are.

May 15, 2014 at 8:41 a.m.
GameOn said...

Written by John Coleman, co-founder of the Weather Channel.

It is the greatest scam in history. I am amazed, appalled and highly offended by it. Global Warming… it is a SCAM. Some misguided scientists with environmental and political motives manipulated long-term scientific data back in the late 1990′s to create an illusion of rapid global warming. Other scientists of the same environmental- extremism type jumped into the circle to support and broaden the “research” to further enhance the totally slanted, bogus global warming claims. Their friends in government steered huge research grants their way to keep the movement going. Soon they claimed to be a consensus. Environmental extremist, notable politicians among them, then teamed up with movie, media and other liberal, environmentalist journalists to create this wild “scientific” scenario of the civilization threatening environmental consequences from Global Warming unless we adhere to their radical agenda.

http://johncolemanweather.com/essays/

May 15, 2014 at 8:44 a.m.
GameOn said...

More from John Coleman. Wednesday, May 14th

The White House has released its latest National Climate Assessment. An 829-page report and 127-page “summary” were quickly followed by press releases, television appearances, interviews and photo ops with tornado victims – all to underscore President Obama’s central claims:

Human-induced climate change, “once considered an issue for the distant future, has moved firmly into the present.” It is “affecting Americans right now,” disrupting their lives. The effects of “are already being felt in every corner of the United States.” Corn producers in Iowa, oyster growers in Washington, maple syrup producers in Vermont, crop-growth cycles in Great Plains states “are all observing climate-related changes that are outside of recent experience.” Extreme weather events “have become more frequent and/or intense.”

It’s pretty scary sounding. It has to be. First, it is designed to distract us from topics that the President and Democrats do not want to talk about: ObamaCare, the IRS scandals, Benghazi, a host of foreign policy failures, still horrid jobless and workforce participation rates, and an abysmal 0.1% first quarter GDP growth rate that hearkens back to the Great Depression.

Second, fear-inducing “climate disruption” claims are needed to justify job-killing, economy-choking policies like the endless delays on the Keystone XL pipeline; still more wind, solar and ethanol mandates, tax breaks and subsidies; and regulatory compliance costs that have reached $1.9 trillion per year – nearly one-eighth of the entire US economy.

Third, scary hyperventilating serves to obscure important realities about Earth’s weather and climate, and even in the NCA report itself. Although atmospheric carbon dioxide levels have been rising steadily for decades, contrary to White House claims average planetary temperatures have not budged for 17 years.

Read the rest.....http://johncolemanweather.com/daily-blog/

May 15, 2014 at 8:48 a.m.
GameOn said...

Patrick Moore, co-founder of Greenpeace.

“There is no scientific proof that human emissions of carbon dioxide are the dominant cause of the minor warming of the Earth’s atmosphere over the past 100 years,” said Moore. “If there were such a proof, it would be written down for all to see. No actual proof, as it is understood in science, exists. Today, we live in an unusually cold period in the history of life on Earth and there is no reason to believe that a warmer climate would be anything but beneficial for humans and the majority of other species.”

After co-founding Greenpeace in 1971, Moore remained active with the environmental organization through 1986. Moore testified that after 15 years as a top Greenpeace official, he left the organization because it had become more motivated by leftist politics than environmentalism. Moore observed environmental activist groups’ focus on global warming issues since the late 1980s fits this disturbing trend, with political agendas rather than sound science driving global warming alarmism.

“After 15 years in the top committee I had to leave as Greenpeace took a sharp turn to the political left, and began to adopt policies that I could not accept from my scientific perspective,” he said. “Climate change was not an issue when I abandoned Greenpeace, but it certainly is now.”

May 15, 2014 at 8:54 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "alprova...I also discuss the same concerns with elected representatives. If enough people piss in the lake they can raise the water level."

Well..everyone has their personal dreams.

"Are you saying they are not accurate? What is the exaggeration?"

Sir, you are not FORCED to purchase any of those things. You can make a weekend project out of designing and creating each of those things to your personal specifications, if you so desire.

Being "forced" to do something suggests that you do so at the point of a gun, which suggests imminent death or imprisonment for not complying with what you know to be common sense improvements on existing goods we use every day.

And, your assertion that YOU are paying for anyone else's health care insurance is quite an exaggeration. At best, you contribute pennies.

"They are reality and only a few were listed. You are a submissive government dependent loyalist but that doesn't mean it is a good thing and that everyone should be."

Sir...I deal in simple realities. What you desire from and through Government will never come about. If there is one constant that has been a part of this nation, it is change. Everything has changed in this nation dramatically since this nation's Government was founded.

"Your to each according to need and from each according to ability ideology is frightening."

Do you REALLY believe that this will not change or that you have the power to change it?

It may be frightening to you, but I live in the real world, and I accept certain realities that will never change. I don't lose any sleep over it.

You might.

May 15, 2014 at 8:58 a.m.
alprova said...

Inquiringmind wrote: "Alprova, I fail to see the value in attacking a person because of a relative's actions, or a reason to make your other denigrating remarks, regardless of how silly his own comments are."

His comments are not "silly." And perhaps before you start calling me down, you might delve into the archives to see the crap the man has posted MY way.

I have asked him to ignore me completely, and I will do the same. And if he would just do it, you'd never see a retaliatory attack from myself.

The value in beating the man over the head with his baggage is very simple. If he will not keep his personal inflammatory commentary to himself, I'll remind him that he is in no position to be taking pokes at anyone else.

Please take note of the fact that I NEVER start it. It's always him.

May 15, 2014 at 9:09 a.m.
GaussianInteger said...

GameOn, how convenient of you to constantly refer to Patrick Moore as the "co-founder of Greenpeace" when he left the organization in 86. He now lobbies for the logging industry and nuclear power. So I guess you are implying he has no biases. John Coleman's degree is in Journalism.

May 15, 2014 at 9:20 a.m.

Some French guy says we have 500 days before all hell breaks lose.

LOL

At the end of that time frame just happens to be when a conference of envirowackos comes together in France to meet.

What a joke.

There is no evidence of man made global warming. We have zero control over "mother nature". We can recycle, keep things clean, control pollution, etc., but we're powerless. You libs like to think you're in control, and you're the most important people that ever roamed the earth.

Regarding that list, if I wanted to waste time I could find just as many people who believe the opposite and can back it up.

Irresponsible.

I guarantee you in 500 days a new deadline will come out.

Ooops, I missed that trash can again. Oh, well. I'll be damned if I want to get up off of this park bench and chase after that wrapper. That clean up crew will pick it up later. LOL

May 15, 2014 at 10:16 a.m.

Unlike Christians, who have predicted the "End-of-the-World" for two-thousand years (still waiting, Jesus) there is no doubt that someday the world will be destroyed. It won't be by imaginary Jesus, Jehovah, Mohammed, or Bozo the Clown, but by nature.

Everything changes. To believe that there's no man-made contribution to that change is idiotic, but par for the fundamentalist course of delusion.

May 15, 2014 at 10:29 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

IQM 8:41---Thanks. What the man won't do is attach proof. I welcome his posting "evidence", as there isn't any. And he knows it. This chubby little fellow has a mean streak a mile wide.

May 15, 2014 at 10:32 a.m.

Whats with all the fawning over French guys and what they declare? BO and libs gush all over the latest French socialist and his latest brand of socialism, which includes nearly complete confiscation of what one earns after making a certain amount, and now this French dude and his 500 day deadline to save the earth? And what exactly are we supposed do? LOL

Oh, we're just so evil in our desire to drive cars, heat our homes, have to light to see at night, run our refrigerators and our air conditioners. NOW WE'RE GOING TO PAY! IT'S TIME TO PAY UP! This envirowacko/climate change/man-made global warming/climate disruption bull$hit is very much the religion that you libs crticize others for following. It's about control and profiting from chaos.

May 15, 2014 at 10:33 a.m.

There is no man-made contribution, and there's no proof of it at all. There have been horrendous climate shifts and huge environmental disasters long, long, long before any man was around, and long before we were industrialized. You're a bunch of fools. Al Gore is the poster child for your movement, and he's a monumental hypocrite and a fraud. You can distance yourself from him all you want, and list all kinds of scientists, but the fact is that we can't do a damn thing about anything regarding the earth's climate. If you want to bitch about pollution, go to China.

May 15, 2014 at 10:38 a.m.
alprova said...

Jack Dennnis Senior wrote: "I welcome his posting "evidence"..."

Hokay....Here it is again...

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2014/may/03/jeb/#c269312

Don't forget to scroll down the page on the Arrest Record link.

May 15, 2014 at 10:52 a.m.
alprova said...

http://www.googlemaps.com

enter: 35.91080014,-84.08278076

May 15, 2014 at 11:03 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Alpo posts this as "evidence" . Bwahahahaha It ain't me and he knows it What a loser. Not me, not a relative. Never heard of this mope. Is that all you got, Capt. Ahab?

May 15, 2014 at 11:13 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Alpo 11:03 Not my house, loser. Should I post that hovel you lived in again?

May 15, 2014 at 11:17 a.m.
ibshame said...

"TheJackDennis said... Alpo posts this as "evidence" . Bwahahahaha It ain't me and he knows it What a loser. Not me, not a relative. Never heard of this mope. Is that all you got, Capt. Ahab?"

I've been on this forum for quite some time. One thing is for sure you don't know when to quit. You and your pals started all this when you questioned Al's CPA credentials. Instead of just staying out of it and leaving it alone you had to jump in and jibe with them. Now you've got a mess on your hands. Whether or not that's you in those mug shots no one really knows for sure(or cares) but what one can be certain of is you are like the kid who likes to throw rocks then runs and hides so you won't get caught or if you do get caught your line is "Who me?"

Al has used the same name since I've been posting on this forum but I know of several names you have used: Rebus; Plain Truth; Jack_Dennis and one more. Why is it Al has not been afraid to use the same username (even when that kook Con-man starts out almost every one of his posts supposedly using Al's given name)but you've had several name changes? You don't like him accusing you of having an arrest record, then leave him alone. Really simple thing to do but it's evident for some strange reason you can't do that.

You don't like it when he accuses you of having been bankrupt then you should stop accusing him of not have a valid CPA license no matter what state it might be in.

May 15, 2014 at 11:40 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Shamed: A couple of points. My name changes are a result of being "outed" and hacked. Your bff Alpo would know about that. As for his bogus CPA, the bogusity of it speaks for itself. If the ego driven little guy had a CPA, hell he would use it as his avatar. Like in politics, Shame, you see what you want to see. The serious kerfuffle began when Alpo and his little buddy Easy, apparently found someone with a name simlilar to mine regarding a bankruptcy. It was vicious. You either weren't on then, or you chose to ignore it. The sex offender ditty is even more vile. The man is a vicious liar. His little buddy Easy is worse. You need to select better quality A-holes to befriend. But your intractability on other matters doesn't make that likely.

May 15, 2014 at 12:19 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Democrats at work. Almost comical. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUJE9YfsbNQ

May 15, 2014 at 12:26 p.m.
ibshame said...

"TheJackDennis said... "Shamed: A couple of points. My name changes are a result of being "outed" and hacked".

O.k. you say you've been "outed" and "hacked" for what purpose? Everyone who wants to post on this forum has an opportunity to post a profile. Unless you have put something in your profile that would "out" you how would anyone know who you are?

"Your bff Alpo would know about that. As for his bogus CPA, the bogusity of it speaks for itself. If the ego driven little guy had a CPA, hell he would use it as his avatar."

Since he doesn't use an avatar that ID's him as a CPA then according to your reasoning he must not be one. HAHAHAH And you think that's a reasonable conclusion? This is even worse than I thought. LOL

You say it wasn't you. That's enough. They were no more vicious on you than you were on them and yes, I was here and read the comments from both you and them. I'll admit the sex offender accusation would be vile IF that is what you were accused of being but instead (and I do remember reading this) you were asked if the person was any relation to you.

As far as my so-called intractability as I've stated before: Yes, I'm for people being allowed to carry guns if they need them for protection against REAL CRIMINALS. However, I'm not for some idiot being able to use a gun on an innocent kid walking through a neighborhood minding his own business but because he's Black he's automatically suspected of being a criminal. I'm not for some other idiot being able to walk over to a car where a bunch of kids are playing loud music and he pulls a gun on them with the lie he thought he saw a weapon. I'm not for some idiot being told to stay inside a house the police are on the way but instead he walks out and confronts an elderly man who has no weapon but the idiot from the inside shoots and kills him. People who own and carry guns have a responsibility to make sure before they pull the trigger and take a life their lives are truly in danger.

I'm for religious freedom. I don't care if you believe or don't believe in God. I don't want anyone trying to push their religious beliefs down my throat and I won't push mine on them. If someone doesn't believe in God that's their privilege. I don't think public meeting places should be subjected to ANYONE'S religious preferences be they Jewish, Christian, Muslim or whatever. The day will come eventually when some Satanists are going to show up at one of these meetings and for openers they are going to want to do one of their sacrificial rites with live chickens. I only hope someone is there to take pictures of the looks on these public officials' faces when they realize that kind of request can't be denied because to deny the Satanists would be giving preferential treatment of one relgion over another and according to the USSC that can't be done.

My intractability is now and will always be about FAIRNESS, plain and simple.

May 15, 2014 at 1:24 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

GameOn, I think you should be considered a threat to yourself and others. Your display of reasoning capability shows you to be of unsound mind. You do realize, don't you, that the two men you have chosen as such authoritative figures on the "scam" of human induced global warming have no connection to or knowledge of in-depth climate science whatsoever? Yet it is people like these that you deniers constantly dredge up as "proof" that human induced global warming is just an elaborate liberal conspiracy.

Concerning Patrick Moore in particular, he is without question a man with his own agenda. Once a staunch defender of the planet and environmental issues he has now become a highly paid representative of corporate polluters. Among the long list of highly polluting industries that he promotes are clearcut logging, nuclear power, farmed salmon, PVC production, genetically engineered crops, and mining. So you choose to give full ear to someone like him and others who are obvious shills for the polluting industries while you wholeheartedly ridicule and deny the very scientists who have devoted years and years of focused, intense research in their specialized field. That's like rejecting the word of a neurologist who tells you that you have brain cancer and opting instead to listen to a chiropractor or a barber who tells you that you don't!

Oh, but I forget...all those leftist scientists are taking money from the federal government and therefore they are not to be trusted, right? Well, let's give some serious consideration to that possibility. First off, science is true whether you choose to believe it or not. Findings are constantly peer reviewed and painstakingly scrutinized and therefore self-correcting. If scientists are influenced or pressured in any way it is to be highly regarded within the scientific community. And that recognition and respect is gained in only one way - from the extent to which their methods have been shown to be flawless and meticulously executed - in other words, the extent to which they are RIGHT, according to the science, not according to some preconceived outcome. You honestly think that thousands of scientists WORLDWIDE are going to be involved in a massive conspiracy to tell a lie, just so that they might receive more grant money? Telling the truth has seldom if ever been known to be a ticket to wealth or even security. More often than not it gets you ridiculed and hated. Nobody likes the bearer of bad news. If anybody is not to be trusted it is people like the Koch brothers and the many other heads of the polluting industries who are spending ridiculously large sums of money in their propaganda campaign to keep the truth from being told.

May 15, 2014 at 1:42 p.m.
conservative said...

Do these people really think someone is going to read their lengthy rants?

May 15, 2014 at 2:03 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Shamed--you said "I'll admit the sex offender accusation would be vile IF that is what you were accused of being but instead (and I do remember reading this) you were asked if the person was any relation to you" Interesting way to look at it, Shamed. So it would be ok to tie me to it by association via a relative. Right? Wow. BTW, I've never heard of this guy, nor do I have any relatives in this city other than my wife. But hey, if you want to defend the lying car-man, have at it.

May 15, 2014 at 2:11 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

ConMan, probably about as much as you think someone is going to read your B.S. With your limited reading comprehension and your absurd reasoning skills, we understand that you may not be able to digest a lengthy post. Of course, you are a copy and paste type of guy, very little original thought of your own, so I guess I shouldn't hurl too many insults towards your posts.

May 15, 2014 at 2:17 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

I don't write for idiots like you, con-man. I write for those who have ears to listen, eyes to see, and a brain with which to think. And I gladly read the "lengthy rants" of some of the others who speak truth on this forum. I have seen comments from you that ramble on and on and on, consisting of nothing but your asinine Bible quotes. Damn self-righteous arrogant brain-dead fool.

May 15, 2014 at 2:18 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

ConMan: You want to go to Mass with me Sunday? Or we could go Sat. afternoon if more convenient. Get back to me.

May 15, 2014 at 2:27 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

It's a waste of time inviting connie to any church but his own. He will be sitting on the front pew at his One and Only True Church of His Lord and Savior Who Spits Upon Homosexuals And Curses Them to Eternal Damnation.

May 15, 2014 at 2:39 p.m.
ibshame said...

"TheJackDennis said... So it would be ok to tie me to it by association via a relative. Right? Wow. BTW, I've never heard of this guy, nor do I have any relatives in this city other than my wife. But hey, if you want to defend the lying car-man, have at it."

Now there you go twisting what I said to fit your agenda. Read again what I said. You claimed they accused you of being a child molester. I said that would be vile IF that is what they accused you but instead they asked if you were related to the person.

I totally agree no one should be judged by what a family member does or says. Now before you ask this I'll answer it for you, NO, MRS. STERLING SHOULD NOT BE JUDGED AS A RACIST BECAUSE HER HUSBAND IS A RACIST. HOWEVER, ACCORDING TO THE RULES OF THE NBA(UNTIL THEY CAN BE CHALLENGED AND CHANGED)IF 3/4 OF THE OWNER'S VOTE THE STERLINGS OUT OF THE NBA SHE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO KEEP HER OWNERSHIP IN THE TEAM. A court will have to decide the outcome of this debacle. Now let's look at another case. A few weeks ago you and some of the rest of the RWNJ's on here who are so worried about Hillary Clinton running for President had no problem saying Hillary should be anathema to women and she was part of a war on women because her husband was a womanizer. It didn't matter to the RWNJ's that Hillary wasn't responsible for the actions of her husband. So, you see some(just like you did) do blame family members for the actions of other family members.

May 15, 2014 at 2:43 p.m.
alprova said...

"The" Jack Dennis wrote: "Interesting way to look at it, Shamed. So it would be ok to tie me to it by association via a relative. Right? Wow. BTW, I've never heard of this guy, nor do I have any relatives in this city other than my wife. But hey, if you want to defend the lying car-man, have at it."

Isn't it interesting that today is the FIRST time you have denied being related to the man. I've asked the question a half dozen times.

You deny living in one of the two homes I have posted, although Twitter sez you live there. You deny filing for bankruptcy. You now deny your own blood relative. About the only thing you haven't denied is wearing pampers.

Lotta denials there, if you ask me, and I know you didn't.

You'll learn one of these days to keep those caustic fingers to yourself, or it's gonna get worse.

For the record, I have no idea where you get any idea anyone "hacked" you or "outed" you. You did that all on your own.

The rest was found through your careless traces you leave on the internet, like slug trails.

You can dish it out, but you can't take it, which is typical of most trolls.

You're free to keep #$^ing with me, but you do so at the risk of enduring much more in the way of cyber-slaps across the face.

May 15, 2014 at 2:46 p.m.
klugermann said...

How and when did the notion of being a good custodian of the Earth - i.e., not crapping your own nest - become a "Liberal's Agenda Item"? I don't see this as a Red State/Blue State thing, but rather a common sense approach to managing a planet that we've been blessed to be a part of. I get the fact that the Koch Brothers and very highly-paid lobbyists for the oil and gas industries have an agenda - but how can anyone be labeled as "misguided" because they favor conservancy over destruction of the hallowed place in which we live and raise our children?

Regardless of what small-minded people think, the problem will eventually be addressed when the 1% start to be inconvenienced. When the high-rises in Miami and Park Avenue are standing in a foot of water, global policy change will be swift. Or, maybe by then, they’ll just abandon ship and leave the rest of us to bail water.

FYI – don’t bother eviscerating me if you disagree. I don’t check back in so you’d only be engaging in an act of masturbation.

May 15, 2014 at 3:37 p.m.
Astropig said...

This all makes for good comment section back and forth,but the reality is:

1)There is no political will to spend the kind of money on the palliative "solutions" offered up by liberals. Government can put some restrictions in place,change or affect this or that behavior,but in the end,the quest for a better standard of living will trump all of this do-good polar bear hugging. Sorry,but we're not going back to some primitive existence so that libs can ride around on their moral high horse.

2) Related to point (1). When the voting public sees Al Gore and his buds getting rich and riding around in tint-window tax tractors spewing out lots of hydrocarbon waste,they'll get wise to the scam and support for carbon taxes and icy homes will...melt like an icecube on Gunbarrel in August.Indeed, a lot of them have sen it and know that they're being conned. At some level, even people that sort of believe the whole "climate change" story know that it will result in a better life only for some people. People like Al Gore. When taxpayers actually have to write a check to "fix" these supposed ills,then all of this stuff will go away.It's like that old saying-Everyone wants a Free Tibet. No one wants to free Tibet. Global Warming theory is charming as long as its a theory that we can believe for free. When it starts costing money, folks might just learn to like it a degree or two warmer in the winter.

So I wouldn't get too worked up about the whole "climate change" boogeyman. Americans (for the most part) are a freedom loving bunch. The amount of government coercion and taxation needed to "fix" the problem would never in a million years get through congress.

For that, we should all say "thank you, founding fathers!"

May 15, 2014 at 3:52 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Shamed, again, you see what you want to see. I don't judge Hills by anything Bill did. I judge her for attacking his victims. Seems feminism stops at the doorstep.

May 15, 2014 at 4:31 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Hey Alpo, sounds pretty threatening to me. You keep it up pal. Thus far you haven't been right on any count. I'm sure your vault of lies is loaded. You can't lay a glove on me, Stumpy.

May 15, 2014 at 4:33 p.m.
alprova said...

The fact of the matter is that I've got you pegged to the wall. You're just denying it all day long.

I know your Son isn't much, but to deny the man publicly...

You get the Father of the year award in my book, you Pampers wearing puppy!!

LMAO!!

May 15, 2014 at 5:11 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

^^^Hey libshamed...you like this one? nice, huh? You're a pitiful excuse of half a man, Alpy.

May 15, 2014 at 5:15 p.m.

Kluggeridiot, again with the Koch brothers. You must be Harry Reid wannabe. Nobody cares about the Koch brothers, nobody knows who they are, or what they have, or what they do.

Being a good custodian of the earth has nothing to do with this agenda, zero. It's about control and profit for gov's and a few, like Al Gore. The whole deadline thing is designed to cause panic. Now it's 500 days to do something about it, before that it was 5 years, in the early 90's that Genius, Ted Danson, said we had 10 years.

We're not responsible for hurricanes, tornadoes, cyclones, drought, snow, ice, lack of ice, earthquakes etc. We're helpless on a big ball revolving around a big giant fireball. An asteroid could hit the earth just the right way and it could completely alter our climate.

The stupid guild trip you libs lay on everyone is comical.

You're all insane, all the way from Cheryl Crow urging us to use one square of toilet paper, to suggesting that illegal aliens should not be viewed as criminals because they do it out of love, to scolding us for not looking at Michael Sam kissing and licking cake off his boyfriends face as a beautiful thing, Pelosi telling us we should pass the bill in order to see what's in it.

May 15, 2014 at 5:16 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

"Sorry, but we're not going back to some primitive existence so that libs can ride around on their moral high horse." - Astropig

I'm curious...where did you read or hear that we liberals are keen on going back to some primitive existence? Somebody forgot to clue me in on it! I honestly don't know what the devil you're talking about.

Once renewable energy and its various forms are developed, expanded, and the infrastructure put in place, we will be able to enjoy all of our creature comforts and the same sort of lifestyle we do today, only we can do it cleanly, much more affordably, and without leaving a toxic footprint. I don't know of anyone, liberal or otherwise, who is wanting to go back to "some primitive existence," even temporarily. But the longer we postpone the inevitable of transitioning from carbon based energy forms to green energy (and the transition WILL happen, it's only a matter of time) the harder, more painful, and more costly it's going to be...until a primitive existence could well be forced upon us, all because we failed to prepare ahead. I for one don't care to experience such a primitive-like dystopia just so I might prance around on a moral high horse and say, "See? We told you so!"

May 15, 2014 at 6:13 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said....And, your assertion that YOU are paying for anyone else's health care insurance is quite an exaggeration. At best, you contribute pennies.

You got that sh!t wrong, it is several dollars a year so others making up to $85,000 a year get a subsidy.

I have no choice regarding seat belts without risking a fine. I have no option but to use a new style light bulb since the old style is no longer produced. I am forced to have healthcare or be fined. I cannot purchase a toilet other than the government approved model so, if I remodel a house I am forced to buy the government designed model that requires multiple flushed under the guise of saving water.

I see you endorse the Marxist philosophy of to each according to need and from each according to ability. Do you know the country that bought that from their leader but regretted it for years?

May 15, 2014 at 6:38 p.m.

from Zableeding fistula: "You're all insane, all the way from Cheryl Crow urging us to use one square of toilet paper, to suggesting that illegal aliens should not be viewed as criminals because they do it out of love, to scolding us for not looking at Michael Sam kissing and licking cake off his boyfriends face as a beautiful thing,"

Is there a Biblical commandment that makes Bible-Thumping fundies always bring up sex, particularly homosexuality? Talk about obsession.

There's four or more on this forum who have Gay-on-the-Brain syndrome. Maybe they should have Mr. Blue-Bottle Fly Conservative check out their family closets.

How about you Zabbie? Your closets need checking? BBF Conservative has his gaydar ready to do a sweep at your place. Probably should take down that Tim Tebow and Ted Haggard photo. Wouldn't want Jehovah's Junior Gay Inspector to get the wrong idea.

May 15, 2014 at 6:48 p.m.
LibDem said...

Keep sucking the fumes and drinking the toxic water, Astropig.

May 15, 2014 at 7:18 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "You got that sh!t wrong, it is several dollars a year so others making up to $85,000 a year get a subsidy."

Try to focus Sir. YOUR portion of any one person's subsidy is pennies per year. You're not paying for anyone else's health care expenses, any more than you were prior to this year.

"I have no choice regarding seat belts without risking a fine."

And guess what? If you're in a serious accident, you might live to tell everyone about it too.

"I have no option but to use a new style light bulb since the old style is no longer produced."

You probably won't be able to walk into your neighborhood Wal-Mart and find any buggy whips either, but I don't see you bitching about that.

"I am forced to have healthcare or be fined."

And therefore, you will not become a burden on society. Isn't that called self-responsibility? Isn't that a plank on the Libertarian platform? How can you bitch about something you claim to stand for?

"I cannot purchase a toilet other than the government approved model so, if I remodel a house I am forced to buy the government designed model that requires multiple flushed under the guise of saving water."

I think if you will check, high flow toilets have NOT been outlawed.

"I see you endorse the Marxist philosophy of to each according to need and from each according to ability."

I don't know if it is Marxist or not, but I am realistic enough to understand that there are those who can afford and should pay more in taxes, than those who have next to nothing.

"Do you know the country that bought that from their leader but regretted it for years?"

I don't care. I live in the real world. You live in Fantasyland and one that will never be realized.

It's very much like your fantasies of sterilizing poor women and lower taxes on single people. You're going to die with those hopes never coming to fruition, so why continue to weep and moan about such things?

It's a waste of time and your personal stress.

May 15, 2014 at 7:41 p.m.
fairmon said...

Rickaroo said....

Once renewable energy and its various forms are developed, expanded, and the infrastructure put in place, we will be able to enjoy all of our creature comforts and the same sort of lifestyle we do today, only we can do it cleanly, much more affordably, and without leaving a toxic footprint.

I think you are right. However, where we likely disagree is that the progress will come from the government. It will not but will come from the private sector if the government avoids disrupting progress. The transition will include natural gas, nuclear and all other sources. Water may be a shortage problem more than energy. The government takes money from those capable of developing the alternatives and gives it to those seeking a windfall from the government with some pie in the sky promise. The graft, greed and fraud involving the government is unimaginable.

May 15, 2014 at 7:43 p.m.
alprova said...

"THE" JackDennis wrote: "You're a pitiful excuse of half a man, Alpy"

I live with myself just fine. How you live with yourself, is anyone's guess.

You mention earlier that you have a wife. That Sir, is a lie and you know it.

How do I know? Because you spend 16 hours a day in front of your computer.

If...and this is a big if...you have a wife, I'll bet I can take her away from you, for she has to be the most neglected human on the face of this planet.

May 15, 2014 at 7:50 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said....

You probably won't be able to walk into your neighborhood Wal-Mart and find any buggy whips either, but I don't see you bitching about that.

I don't object to no buggy whips since they are not there for the right reasons and not some government mandate. The law of supply and demand always works where there is fair and ample competition.

alprova said...I don't care. I live in the real world. You live in Fantasyland and one that will never be realized.

I think you live in la la land and think those that have more should be made equal to those that have less regardless of the reason. You fail to accept the fact that taking from those that have worked and done without to have something will not have the incentive to be successful. It is like all students getting the same grade regardless of how they did in the class. Those that studied, did extra work and learned have to share their grade with those that did not and all get the same grade. What do you think will happen in subsequent years?

May 15, 2014 at 7:52 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said in response to..."I have no choice regarding seat belts without risking a fine."

And guess what? If you're in a serious accident, you might live to tell everyone about it too.

I wear a seat belt without fail but I still prefer having a choice and not have it mandated. I don't eat sweets, dairy products and bread which is a personal choice that I think is healthy but I don't want it mandated for me or anyone else. Perhaps if we quit writing laws to protect people from their own ignorance we may have fewer ignorant people. Or, would that be another voter suppression issue?

Educate, educate, educate but don't mandate. This is a republic.

May 15, 2014 at 8 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "Perhaps if we quit writing laws to protect people from their own ignorance we may have fewer ignorant people"

Sounds to me like you have a plan for hastening the death or an outright attempt to cause the genocide of those you consider ignorant and/or beneath you.

Hitler had the same problem.

I know you're no Hitler. If you are, I'm glad you are in no position to effect policy in this nation.

May 15, 2014 at 8:36 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Alpo proffers "If...and this is a big if...you have a wife, I'll bet I can take her away from you, for she has to be the most neglected human on the face of this planet." I'm pretty sure she would not have designs on a short, fat, bald, 1 legged used car jockey.

May 15, 2014 at 9:12 p.m.
alprova said...

"THE" Jack Dennis wrote: "I'm pretty sure she would not have designs on a short, fat, bald, 1 legged used car jockey."

If she does exist at all, by your own typewritten testimony, you're only 'pretty sure,' which indicates that you have some lingering doubt.

But what the hey. The woman doesn't exist anyway. You're married to the Internet.

May 15, 2014 at 9:45 p.m.
GameOn said...

GaussianInteger... It does not matter what year Patrick Moore left Greenpeace. He is still the co-founder. If you co-found something that never changes. Do you teach Common Core? Yes, John Coleman has a degree in journalism. BFD... Most people learn more on the job than in a text book. It is possible to become self taught expert. Jeff "Skunk" Baxter of the Doobie Brothers and Steel Dan fame is a self taught weapons specialist. He holds every government security clearance and is a consultant to the government. I'm sure John Coleman has his facts in order.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tZrkGnlFi8&sns=em

May 15, 2014 at 10:32 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "I think you live in la la land and think those that have more should be made equal to those that have less regardless of the reason."

That's your description. You've never seen me type anything of the sort.

"You fail to accept the fact that taking from those that have worked and done without to have something will not have the incentive to be successful."

Done without to have something? You're funny.

"It is like all students getting the same grade regardless of how they did in the class. Those that studied, did extra work and learned have to share their grade with those that did not and all get the same grade. What do you think will happen in subsequent years?"

You're saddling me with something I have never stood for. If you can't argue honestly, why should I bother to dicker with you?

May 15, 2014 at 11:14 p.m.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.