• Chattanooga Music Club: Memorial Auditorium Community Theatre, 399 McCallie Ave., 2:30 p.m., free concert by former winners of CMC scholarship competition. www.chattanoogamusicclub.org
• College Knowledge Lunch & Learn: Public Education Foundation, 100 E. 10th St., 1 p.m, free session, optional lunch $5, program for high school educators and parents of students with special needs on resources to help students transition to college after high school. RSVP for lunch: pefchattanooga.org/registerapply.
• Hamilton County Republican Women: Morning Pointe of Hixson, 5501 Old Hixson Pike, 11:30 a.m., guest speakers Judge Christie Sell, Sessions Court Division 1, and Sessions Court candidate Rex Sparks. Lunch reservations required: 423-910-0612.
• Women in Technology Luncheon: Loose Cannon, 1800 Rossville Ave., 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., $20, guest speaker is Monica Thornton, executive director of Women in Technology of Georgia. For reservations: www.chattanoogatechnologycouncil.org/event-directory/.
• Blood Drive: Bethel Temple, 6613 Hixson Pike, 11 a.m.-4 p.m., blood drive in honor of Josh Manning. Eligible donors must be at least 17 years old, weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good health. 1-800-962-0628.
Susan Palmer Pierce is a reporter and columnist in the Life department. She began her journalism career as a summer employee 1972 for the News Free Press, typing bridal announcements and photo captions. She became a full-time employee in 1980, working her way up to feature writer, then special sections editor, then Lifestyle editor in 1995 until the merge of the NFP and Times in 1999. She was honored with the 2007 Chattanooga Woman of ...