published Saturday, May 24th, 2014

The Petition Drive

about Clay Bennett...

The son of a career army officer, Bennett led a nomadic life, attending ten different schools before graduating in 1980 from the University of North Alabama with degrees in Art and History. After brief stints as a staff artist at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the Fayetteville (NC) Times, he went on to serve as the editorial cartoonist for the St. Petersburg Times (1981-1994) and The Christian Science Monitor (1997-2007), before joining the staff of the ...

88
Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.
alprova said...

Exactly!!! Spot-on Mr. Bennett!!

May 24, 2014 at 12:17 a.m.
fairmon said...

This is history. The recall failed but apparently considered by the TFP's Mr. Bennett more important than the veteran's failing healthcare issue?

May 24, 2014 at 5:48 a.m.
wallyworld said...

Maybe, now, Americans will see that all this grandstanding and obstructionism by the republicans is hurting our ability to pay for our veterans' care. The last vote in February, 2014, every republican voted against funding for our veterans. They can send them off to unfunded wars, but would rather give the top 1% a tax break (in the midst of a trillion $$$ war) than provide care for our veterans. Go figure! The confederacy is notorious for voting these traitors back into office every time.

May 24, 2014 at 6:18 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon, if you're so determined to choose the topics of cartoons, perhaps you should forward your resume to the TFP and apply for the job.

There's nothing funny about the problems facing Veterans at a few of the VA facilities, thus the subject is not fodder for a cartoon.

You know that local issues are often overlooked in this section, and more often than not, threads take on a life of their own when interest in the day's subject is not of interest to all.

Therefore, if you want to spend the day wailing about VA issues, knock yourself out. I'm sure that others will join you.

The vast majority of our veterans receive excellent care at VA hospitals. As I mentioned previously, whenever the issue of failing healthcare arises in conjunction with the VA, it usually due to a local administrator trying to boost his or her numbers.

The system as a whole does a fine job of caring for our veterans and I know many who have faith in the VA.

I am pleased to see that unlike yourself, even Washington Republicans are not laying this one at the feet of any one person. They too understand that any failure that has occurred is the fault of staff members on site, rather than a failure in Washington.

May 24, 2014 at 7:38 a.m.
joepulitzer said...

With in-your-face homosexuals allowed on its City Council and a mayor who loves to financially support their lifestyle, Chattanooga is rapidly sailing away from Byzantium.

May 24, 2014 at 7:48 a.m.
Easy123 said...

Cry me a river, little Joe. Nothing quite as pitiful and amusing as a whiny homophobe.

May 24, 2014 at 7:53 a.m.
GaussianInteger said...

"With in-your-face homosexuals allowed on its City Council"

Allowed? He was voted in by the people of his district. It's called an election. Maybe you have heard of them.

joepulitzer is a prime example of your modern-day "Conservative". They love the Constitution and the proclaim to support it unconditionally; that is, of course, until something happens that doesn't support their agenda.

May 24, 2014 at 8:01 a.m.
conservative said...

As I have noted before Mr. Bennett often brings up the issue of Homosexuality on weekends.

And he did!

A beautiful aspect of Salvation is that Jesus never "recalls" those whom He has saved:

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish , neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. John 10:27-28.

However, Mr. Chris Anderson and all Homosexuals/sodomites who will not repent and abandon their abominable lifestyle and by faith accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior will never inherit the Kingdom of God:

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God ? Do not be deceived ; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

May 24, 2014 at 8:20 a.m.
Easy123 said...

This cartoon isn't about the "issue of homosexuality". You fabricated that in your little mind. You're the one bringing up the "issue of homosexuality" whenever you can, Mr. Oblivious.

May 24, 2014 at 8:26 a.m.
LibDem said...

Democracy is so annoying, isn't it, joepulitzer. You just naturally want to stamp it out.

May 24, 2014 at 8:27 a.m.
tifosi said...

What lengths will Tea Baggers go to? Proof that they are liars, cheats and anti-America.

May 24, 2014 at 9:07 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

<<Alpo says "There's nothing funny about the problems facing Veterans at a few of the VA facilities, thus the subject is not fodder for a cartoon." *I guess he found the following toon topics Funny. Editing 5/2, Trigger Locks 4/27, The Message 4/26, Gay Rights 4/20, The Reenactment 4/18, Hate Speech 4/15. and on and on.

May 24, 2014 at 9:11 a.m.
Easy123 said...

I find it funny that an admitted sex offender like TheJackDennis thinks the things he posts are worth a damn. And on and on.

May 24, 2014 at 9:34 a.m.

More projection. As if liberals/Democrats aren't known for voting more than once, or questionable signatures. This isn't about voting, but same thing.

I noticed as well that homosexual related cartoons often do appear on the weekend.

"funny" is the determining factor for an editorial cartoon? What about hypocrisy, negligence and corruption?

BO is bad liar. He acts as if he never heard of any problems with VA until now. He mentioned them when he first ran or was in office.

May 24, 2014 at 9:43 a.m.
tifosi said...

zableed is up to his creative/wishful thinking. Still no facts, just hyperbole and fiction.

May 24, 2014 at 10:08 a.m.
inquiringmind said...

con-man, I don't understand what you mean. Are you saying some sins are ok, like abusing your neighbor, being jealous of the new backyard pool they installed, kicking your dog, speaking ill of someone, pocketing the extra change given you by the cashier by mistake, uttering a little profanity now and again, judging others qualifications to get into heaven, that the door is open for them, but other sins force the lock to the pearly gates to close permanently? Or do you feel that "repent" only means saying your sorry, but going ahead and doing it again later. That would put everyone in a real fix if you believe we are all sinners and only get into heaven if we happen to say "I'm sorry, I repent" a moment before the shades close permanently.

Let me put it another way, if a thief repents but keeps on thieving is he damned (in your opinion)? Or another way, if a person refuses to exercise the gift of charity are they damned? Or,another way, are you saying that you hold yourself up to us to be a strong, representative of Jesus in every way and that we should model our own behavior after yours?

Paul who you love to quote would never agree with your twist on his words.

May 24, 2014 at 10:11 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

The Redeemer was warned about VA cooking books prior to being sworn in. His defense is the same one he's used on all other scandals, It's the huh?, when, really?, I'm really mad defense.

May 24, 2014 at 10:16 a.m.
Easy123 said...

Says the admitted sex offender, TheJackDennis.

May 24, 2014 at 10:31 a.m.
Easy123 said...
May 24, 2014 at 10:42 a.m.
GaussianInteger said...

The VA has been troubled for decades now. Injured troops returning from Vietnam were given the shaft and it has continued. While I am stating Obama should be ashamed for letting this travesty continue under his watch, the GOP has no right to act as though these problems rest solely on the shoulders of Obama. These problems existed under Nixon, Reagan, GB, and GWB (along with the democratic presidents in between). Instead of simply trying to point the finger, both parties should put aside their partisanship and get these problems corrected. But why do something to help veterans, when you can use these issues as political fodder for campaigns?

And all of you bible-thumpers condemning the sin of homosexuality, what about Wysong's tactic of lying and deceit? He just gets a pass, huh? Hypocrites, all of you.

May 24, 2014 at 10:45 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Gassy says? "Hypocrites, all of you." who is all of you?

May 24, 2014 at 10:48 a.m.
Easy123 said...

I'm guessing the admitted sex offender, TheJackDennis, is involved in that group.

May 24, 2014 at 10:58 a.m.
GaussianInteger said...

"As I have noted before Mr. Bennett often brings up the issue of Homosexuality on weekends."

Any coincidence that the weekends are when you are most visible on this forum???

May 24, 2014 at 11 a.m.
conservative said...

Inquiringmind:

con-man, I don't understand what you mean. Are you saying some sins are ok, like abusing your neighbor, being jealous of the new backyard pool they installed....

=======================

No, not at all.

I contend that you have made a straw man.

You cannot present one quote by me implying or saying any such thing.

Now focus on the next verse, 11, and the rest of 1 Corinthians chapter 6 and you might understand.

May 24, 2014 at 11:09 a.m.
GaussianInteger said...

"who is all of you?"

If the shoe fits, wear it. In all seriousness, the hypocrites on here, never admit they are hypocrites. But I think you know who that statement is directed towards.

May 24, 2014 at 11:23 a.m.
conservative said...

inquirinmind:

Or do you feel that "repent" only means saying your sorry, but going ahead and doing it again later.

====================

Now, isn't that exactly what Liberals/Homosexuals/sodomites believe, a belief contrary to Scripture?

You have to believe that because you believe a practicing Homosexual/sodomite WILL inherit the Kingdom of God.

May 24, 2014 at 11:42 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Gassy, fair enough. That label cuts both ways, tho.

May 24, 2014 at 11:55 a.m.

Missing from the editorial cartoon are the group donning tin-foil hats, thumping a Bible while yelling "Benghazi Loves Jesus", wearing a Creation Museum tee-shirt that reads, "Adam Rode a Dinosaur and All I Got Was This Crazy Creationist Tee-Shirt", and wearing buttons that read, "Lot Screwed His Daughters so Why Can't I? God Said It's OK!"

The Tea Party Shuffle - Dancing to the Fox News Trot.

May 24, 2014 at 12:02 p.m.
alprova said...

Connie wrote: "Now, isn't that exactly what Liberals/Homosexuals/sodomites believe, a belief contrary to Scripture?"

Do you REALLY believe you know what EVERY other person believes?

"You have to believe that because you believe a practicing Homosexual/sodomite WILL inherit the Kingdom of God."

Did it ever occur to you that not EVERYONE has their hopes set on inheriting the Kingdom of God and therefore doesn't care what you believe?

You self-righteous prick.

May 24, 2014 at 12:02 p.m.

The Blue-bottle Fly Conservative wrote: "You have to believe that because you believe a practicing Homosexual/sodomite WILL inherit the Kingdom of God."

Practice does make perfect. That's why you're a perfect ass.

May 24, 2014 at 12:09 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

con-man sez "Or do you feel that "repent" only means saying your sorry, but going ahead and doing it again later." It sounds an awful lot like that is exactly what con-man is saying and doing, himself.

As Cardinal Dolan states, "Look, the same Bible that teaches us about the virtue of chastity and fidelity in marriage also teaches us not to judge people,”... echoing (Pope) Francis. (from today's NYT.)

Don't tell me what I believe, con-man; but let me tell you (what I believe): Every one of God's human creatures deserves God's grace and love, requited or not. Not one of God's creatures has the wisdom,blessing and authority to judge the fate of another human; that is strictly a divine right.

I suggest every time you feel the urge to denigrate someone for their sins, you try instead to say something uplifting to them for the betterment of both of you. I was always taught to worry about my own sins, Lord knows I have plenty of them, and not to worry about discovering or pointing out those of others.

As you can read (alprova, allahsyoungerbrother), your negative comments only cause your brothers to sin. I would dread to carry that mill stone about my neck.

May 24, 2014 at 12:55 p.m.
SBrauer said...

Conservative, You have nailed it but they will never understand.

May 24, 2014 at 1:02 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

"This is history. The recall failed but apparently considered by the TFP's Mr. Bennett more important than the veteran's failing healthcare issue?" - fairmon

Benghazi is history too, with every possible scrap of evidence from it having been brought to the table, but the GOP keeps flogging that dead horse. Obamacare is history too, but rather than let it succeed or fail on its own merits, the GOP keeps voting, over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, to repeal it. Creationism is history too, with the myth and silliness of it having been determined a long time ago, but the fundies and teabagging conservatives keep trying to pit it against the solid science of evolution, as if there is a legitimate debate to be had. Supply side economics is history, too, with the failure of it evident over the 30-year period Republicans have insisted that it works, but they keep clinging to it as if it is some magic formula.

Indeed all of politics today has degenerated to nothing but petty squabbling over non-issues while the real and urgent issues are swallowing us whole.

May 24, 2014 at 1:19 p.m.

inquiringmind wrote: "As you can read (alprova, allahsyoungerbrother), your negative comments only cause your brothers to sin. "

Inquiringmind. It seems you are a Christian who understands the Bible is not meant to be taken literally nor is it inerrant as it was composed by men. No problem and I appreciate your concern.

As an agnostic I interpret the word "sin" when used by fundamentalists of any stripe to have a connotation that is strictly religious in meaning as an act in opposition to a deity. I do not accept fundamentalism as valid or absolute truth therefore I do not "sin" as such.

When used in a secular manner, as in a perceived wrong committed against others, I understand the use, but since the word "sin" is inevitably tied to religious concepts I don't use the word.

You can believe I am morally wrong, incorrect in deeds, and guilty of poor judgement, but to me that is not "sin" nor is it necessary to connect such examples to religious concepts. I can be wrong, but do not "sin" as such.

Have a great holiday weekend. ayb

May 24, 2014 at 1:19 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Roo said "Benghazi is history too, with every possible scrap of evidence from it having been brought to the table...." and Roo, you know this how?

May 24, 2014 at 1:35 p.m.

Benghazi makes me BO and Hellcat look bad. It simply does. Whether anything happens as a result of these hearings or not, BO and Hellcat look like they can't get their stories straight.

I'm convinced Hellcat won't run. Saw a picture of her the other day and she looks haggard, tired and old. What I'd like to know is who will be the nominee if she doesn't run. Since the GOP are so stupid as to probably run Jeb, they come here out of love, Bush, I wonder who it would be?

I think Biden wants to run.

May 24, 2014 at 1:50 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

^^^ Will be pulling for Plugs in the primaries. Stand Up, Chuck!

May 24, 2014 at 2:01 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

Good points about "sinning," ayb. I myself find it a meaningless word and never use it except whenever I find myself rebutting something some fundamentalist said with regard to it. When one comes to the realization that there is no deity who judges and commands blind obedience, and no Satan as the source of all evil, then sinning is irrelevant. One can sin only when there is a judging God to sin against and who has supposedly created a moral code for which the word "sin" was specifically created. We can do deeds that are hurtful to other people and to society in general, but acknowledging that there is no God sitting in judgment means that we take responsibility for our own actions. We can do positive, uplifting, and creative things that have repercussions in the here and now, on this earthly plane, or we can do negative, selfish, and destructive things.

Not believing in "sin" does not mean that we atheists/agnostics have no moral code; it only means that we call bad behavior by its proper name - something malicious, thoughtless, petty, cruel, or vindictive. I dare to venture that non-believers actually have a higher moral code than most Christians and other religionists because we do take responsibility for our own actions, rather than blaming it on the "devil" and then allowing a mere belief in Jesus to wash away our "sins." According to the Christian moral code, "sinning" is perfectly permissible, as long as the "sinner" only BELIEVES in Jesus as his savior. In other words, belief is more important than how one conducts oneself. Believing in Satan as the instigator of "sin" and then the reliance on a savior to wash away our "sins" are cop-outs for taking responsibility for one's own behavior.

May 24, 2014 at 2:03 p.m.
prairie_dog said...

Anybody know the temperature in Hell this morning? Finally, a Clay Bennett cartoon that reflects mostly the truth. He may have underrepresented the African American community in this one, but it's a start.

Too bad he didn't think of this idea when it was disclosed how many people, including election judges, got in multiple lines to vote for President Obama.

May 24, 2014 at 2:07 p.m.

prairie_dog said... "Anybody know the temperature in Hell this morning?"

Not for sure but you could call the Anderson recall (Tea Party) headquarters and ask.

May 24, 2014 at 2:12 p.m.

Zableedingfistula,

You said you had a list of thousands of credible scientists who were espousing there's no climate change.

We're still waiting for that list.

Or are you having trouble?

May 24, 2014 at 2:15 p.m.

Jack, Biden won't already has lost the wheelchair vote already.

Oh, I'm sure phony signatures/multiple signatures and folks voting twice NEVER, NEVER can be attributed to Democrats or liberals.

There's no evidence of any corruption involving Tea Party folks, which isn't a party, by the way, you liberal geniuses.

May 24, 2014 at 2:17 p.m.

No, Allah, I don't and I'm not going to. It's there, but I'm not motivated to dig it up. I did read that there over 31,000 scientists and meteorologists who completely disagree. Believe what you want, but to behave as if the sky is falling because the climate changes is pretty damn dumb. What should the normal be? Do you know what it is?

When was normal?

May 24, 2014 at 2:22 p.m.

zableedofisterix said... "There's no evidence of any corruption involving Tea Party folks, which isn't a party, by the way, you liberal geniuses.

You're right. Nothing to party about. It's more like a sad wake.

Oh, where's that list? Since you say it's out there surely you can take time from checking closets to at least point to the web site that contains the list you said existed last week. Or have the same people that hide ETs and Sasquatch magically removed it from the internet?

Was that list destroyed at Benghazi?

May 24, 2014 at 2:22 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

JD, I will let you personally serve me crow on a platter when something new and conclusive turns up to show that Obama acted with malice aforethought in the Benghazi incident, or if there is as yet undiscovered evidence that is brought to light. All the evidence has been presented and sifted through and rehashed and sifted through again. There is no smoking gun. The only smoke has been from the blanks the GOP has been firing all along.

May 24, 2014 at 2:24 p.m.

I have no idea where that list is, but I do no "mother earth" will out last all of us and she'll be just fine. Our puny contribution doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

As long as there are folks who believe in accountability, freedom, the Constitution, individuality, laws, and are willing to fight against the police state, there will be a Tea Party. Nothing you can do about.

May 24, 2014 at 2:28 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

Zableed, in one of my comments I talked at length about that list of 31,000 "scientists and meteorologists" you mention. That is the only "list" that exists, and it has been proven to be entirely bogus. That's b-o-g-u-s, as in FAKE. There were fewer than 2% actual climatologists who signed it, and the vast majority of signees had no scientific credentials whatsoever. It ended up making the rounds on the internet, where anyone who wanted to could sign it.

You don't have a leg to stand on, bubba. I presented you with a long, verifiable list of legitimate scientific agencies worldwide who stand firmly behind the science of anthropogenic global warming. There is only one reason you choose not to provide a list of actual scientists who deny AGW and that is because such a list does not exist. Other than your bogus one, that is.

May 24, 2014 at 2:39 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Roo: Blackened or fried?

May 24, 2014 at 2:40 p.m.

TheJackDennis said... "Roo: Blackened or fried?"

JackDennis: confessed sex offender: Children or animals?

May 24, 2014 at 2:46 p.m.

And what is your contention, that man is responsible for climate change? It's ludicrous. It's been claimed by so called experts that we are capable of increasing the amount of hurricanes, tornadoes, blizzards, etc. Heck, even arctic blasts, which are now known as a polar vortex, are our responsibility. We're powerless, completely powerless. There have been horrendous climate changes throughout history long long before we were around, and long before we had cars and plastic. It's about control. All I have to do is toss out two word, Al Gore. It's a joke.

May 24, 2014 at 3:29 p.m.

Now we have only "500 days" as of a couple weeks ago, to fix things or else. We'll see at that time. You're fools..everything you libs do is madness..whether it's trying to convince everyone that we control the earth's climate, or that illegal aliens are above the law, or that two men kissing and licking cake off of each other's faces is a beautiful thing, or that we're not in an increasing police state, or that we don't pay enough taxes, or that intrusion into our lives is a good thing, or that the Constitution is a "charter of negative liberties", or that we need to "pass it in order to see what's in it" You're nuts, and control freaks.

May 24, 2014 at 3:33 p.m.

so what if the earth is warming? so what? it's warmed and cooled in the past. It snowed on Mother's Day around the country, so? Does that mean we're in an ice age? The Great Lakes froze over almost entirely last winter? What does that mean? A ship of fools went to the antarctic to prove that the ice is thinning there and ended up being stuck in unbelievable amounts of ice? So, what does that prove? The fact is that we don't know squat. We control or predict anything. But you libs think you can.

May 24, 2014 at 3:37 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Zab, you're a fool. What you're typing is shrouded in complete and utter ignorance. You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

I encourage you to keep going though. It's highly amusing to watch weirdos like you squirm and talk out of your ass.

May 24, 2014 at 4 p.m.
conservative said...

inquiringmind said...

con-man sez "Or do you feel that "repent" only means saying your sorry, but going ahead and doing it again later." It sounds an awful lot like that is exactly what con-man is saying and doing, himself.

======================

You wrote every word of that.

Not one word of that is mine.

Who are you trying to fool?

May 24, 2014 at 4:08 p.m.

Zableedingfistuaa wrote: "The fact is that we don't know squat."

That goes without saying. Your group of homophobic Christian fundamentalists don't know squat.

Since you don't know squat, I bet you find it necessary to change your pants several times each day.

Here's a little rhyme to help you remember.

"If you need to pee, 'stand' next to a tree. To do number two, 'squat' to poo."

I'm sure your wife will thank me.

If you need lessons, Blue-bottle Fly Conservative is available for demonstrations.

Next time we'll cover the "Use of Toilet Tissue" to save your wife's kitchen towels.

May 24, 2014 at 4:23 p.m.
tifosi said...

conservative is the personification of hypocrisy from the pulpit. It is because of folks like conservative that the youth are leaving the church, thus dooming it's future. The Lord will judge conservative one day for doing the task that only the Lord is to do. Conservative has chosen a path that will likely not result in the grace of God - if the Bible is correct. Time to repent sinner and change your ways. Spread the love of God instead.

May 24, 2014 at 4:27 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Yeah, Conman is bad, Tiffy. But Easy & Allah's repostes are over the top nasty.

May 24, 2014 at 4:46 p.m.
Easy123 said...

How ironic coming from an admitted sex offender like you, TheSexOffenderJackDennis.

You sure are a whiny little troll. Anyone that knows your history here has seen just how "nasty" you truly are. Then throw in the fact that you're an admitted sex offender! The irony and hypocrisy is strong with this one.

I always enjoy your sanctimonious act though. You act as if people can't read or remember the bullsh!t you've posted in the past.

May 24, 2014 at 5:07 p.m.
conservative said...

inquirinmind:

Don't tell me what I believe, con-man; but let me tell you (what I believe): Every one of God's human creatures deserves God's grace and love, requited or not.

========================

You and I and everyone else do NOT deserve God's grace and love.

You obviously believe that you can earn your Salvation by doing good works. I suspect you also believe baptism confers Salvation.

God owes you NOTHING. God will not be in debt to you or anyone else.

If you will do some research on your own you will discover that GRACE is God's favor to UNDESERVING sinners.

Don't let some man lead you to believe that you or anyone else can earn their Salvation.

This notion that you can earn God's favor and Salvation is damnable heresy!

Trying to keep God's commandments and law to gain Salvation will only incur God's wrath:

Because the law worketh wrath...Romans 4:15

Now we know that what things soever the law saith , it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped , and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin Romans 3:19-20

May 24, 2014 at 5:45 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...The system as a whole does a fine job of caring for our veterans and I know many who have faith in the VA.

The "as a whole" is not accurate, in fact as a whole it is a travesty. It is not reasonable to expect doctors on a salary to be efficient and as effective as those in private practice.

May 24, 2014 at 5:56 p.m.
fairmon said...

The VA situation is a view of what will be as the government assume a larger role in healthcare. The complaints around the VA with wait list, false record keeping etc. is similar to what Canada and those in the EU with national healthcare experience.

Both parties in congress have abdicated their responsibility and now act surprised and upset along with a president that is not capable of handling his job and inept at selecting people for key positions to assure current responsibilities are met.

They can raise billions to campaign but can't provide deserved healthcare, training and job placement for veterans. The house has passed multiple bills that have not been debated in the senate. A large number of bills have been read twice and sent to committee.

Veterans and tax payers may be better off at less cost if each were provided an Obamacare policy and a supplement to cover co-pays and deductibles. Assist with Privatizing all current VA facilities.

May 24, 2014 at 6:11 p.m.

conservative said...

"You and I and everyone else do NOT deserve God's grace and love."

Same thing was said of Stalin and Hitler

"You obviously believe that you can earn your Salvation by doing good works. I suspect you also believe baptism confers Salvation."

Baptism confers wetness - that is all. Maybe you can find a streetwalker to get some salvation.

"God owes you NOTHING. God will not be in debt to you or anyone else."

Then why do evangelists insist your Goofy God needs money? No debts so let's keep the cash.

"If you will do some research on your own you will discover that GRACE is God's favor to UNDESERVING sinners."

You mean God gave us Grace Kelly or Grace Slick? That's some amazing Grace!

"Don't let some man lead you to believe that you or anyone else can earn their Salvation."

Is it possible to be saved from idiots like you? That would be salvation.

"This notion that you can earn God's favor and Salvation is damnable heresy!"

So does your God play Spin-the-Bottle or One-Potato, Two Potato to select the righteous?

"Trying to keep God's commandments and law to gain Salvation will only incur God's wrath: Because the law worketh wrath...Romans 4:15"

Ingesting castor oil and Black Draught will also incur wrath but at least you can get over that. You seem to have Irritable God Syndrome that keeps your bowels inflamed and flowing.

Have you tried St. Peter's Pepto Bismol Worm Medicine and Stool Softener? It's a soothing remedy for your Biblical diarrhea, gets rid of religious parasites, and will help ease you while pontificating on your holy porcelain throne.

Glad to be of help.

May 24, 2014 at 6:19 p.m.
conservative said...

inquiringmind:

I have answered you before on the subject of judging.

You have been taught that Christians are to keep their mouth shut when they see sin.

Sorry but that is wrong.

Christians are to confront those who profess to be Christians but willfully sin.

Homosexuality/sodomy is one such clear cut sin.

Christians are not to have fellowship with those who live in some sin stated in Scripture and who will not repent and stop the sin that they are engaged in.

Christians are to remove immoral people from their midst!

1 Corinthians Chapter 5 plainly teaches this.

I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people; 1 Corinthians 5:9

But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler—not even to eat with such a one. 1 Corinthians 5:11

May 24, 2014 at 6:20 p.m.
conservative said...

inquiringmind:

As you can read (alprova, allahsyoungerbrother), your negative comments only cause your brothers to sin. I would dread to carry that mill stone about my neck.

==========================

Now, that is just mind boggling wrong for a few reasons:

1) These two frequent brazen blasphemers, blaspheme on their own.

2) Their sin and the consequences to come are their own fault and their responsibility.

3) Your hypocritical judgment of me for their sinful behavior is just plain silly.

May 24, 2014 at 6:36 p.m.
conservative said...

inquiringmind:

These two are not my brothers. These two by their own brazen and frequent blasphemies have clearly shown that they are not members of the family of God. They are not spiritual brothers.

You greatly err!

May 24, 2014 at 6:40 p.m.
conservative said...

inquiringmind:

As you can read (alprova, allahsyoungerbrother), your negative comments only cause your brothers to sin. I would dread to carry that mill stone about my neck

================

YOU inquiringmind, judged that alprova and allahsyoungerbrother sinned.

Do you not see that?

YOU are calling them sinners and you are correct. But notice that you made a judgement.

Do you see that?

I am not saying that you are wrong about these two, I am just pointing out to you that YOU judged.

May 24, 2014 at 6:46 p.m.

conservative said...

"These two are not my brothers. These two by their own brazen and frequent blasphemies have clearly shown that they are not members of the family of God. They are not spiritual brothers."

Can't speak for alprova but this is the first correct utterance you've ever made.

I am brazen and blasphemous against your god. Your god isn't real so brazen blasphemy is fun showing both you and your god's impotence.

I am not your spiritual brother, blood brother, fraternity brother, or brother-in-law (are you married? Sorry, I forgot you're impotent).

But you are good for laughs.

May 24, 2014 at 6:59 p.m.
conservative said...

inquirinmind

Now, I ask you a simple question.

Would the church that you are associated with allow known Homosexuals as members?

May 24, 2014 at 7:12 p.m.
conservative said...

SBrauer said...

Conservative, You have nailed it but they will never understand.

24, 2014 at 1:02 p.m.

========================

I believe they do understand a lot. Why else would they react with so much hate and contempt?

It is the word of God that they really hate for it cannot be refuted.

It is authoritative and the most powerful thing in the universe.

God spoke and God created the heavens and the universe.

You may be new to this site and not know just how blasphemous Mr. Anthonthy Provancher (alprova) has been and continues to be.

For example he has written:

"Jesus sinned"

"Jesus cannot be God"

I point this out to others because he claims to be a Christian!

I love to expose apostates, anti-Christs and deceivers. He is all of these.

BTW he has had years of Mormon indoctrination.

May 24, 2014 at 7:46 p.m.
Easy123 said...

This "conservative" fellow is batsh!t. The crazy a$$hole is talking to himself and has been all day.

May 24, 2014 at 8:10 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

^Yeah, that creep is a bonafide nutjob. The fact that there is another guy on here, saying what the Conman spewed is correct, tests my faith in humanity. I guess if Conman had his way, there would be only a couple of thousand people that could make it into heaven. No gays, No one that thinks homosexuality is okay, No blacks, No Jews, No Catholics, No liberals, No democrats, No scientists, No fake Christians. Just the snake-handling, turpentine drinking, batsh!t crazy guys such as himself. He also believe no gays can attend his church. I guarantee if a homosexual offered his backwoods preacher 10 grand to throw ConMan out of his church, he'd be history.

May 24, 2014 at 8:31 p.m.

Tomorrow, The Blue-Bottle Fly Conservative and his god will be attending Sunday services in a two-holer on the side of Sand Mountain .

It's just big enough for two giant asses, guaranteed to be noisy, and the spirit will be flowing.

May 24, 2014 at 9:12 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "The "as a whole" is not accurate, in fact as a whole it is a travesty. It is not reasonable to expect doctors on a salary to be efficient and as effective as those in private practice."

Sir, you're not going to dig up any credible evidence that VA hospitals, as a whole, are any less efficient or offer anything lose to sub-standard care, when compared to private sector hospitals.

There are good and bad in both arenas. BOTH.

You seem to be hung up on salaried doctors. Do you believe they are FORCED to work for those salaries, or do they choose to do so.

Are you asserting that there are no salaried doctors in the private sector, or are you ignorant about that too?

Erlanger, Parkridge, and Memorial all have salaried doctors on staff, believe it or not.

May 24, 2014 at 9:20 p.m.
alprova said...

Connie wrote: "You and I and everyone else do NOT deserve God's grace and love."

I'm afraid you are going to be one who finds out the truth to that statement first-hand.

"If you will do some research on your own you will discover that GRACE is God's favor to UNDESERVING sinners."

Why not do some research yourself to discover how God will be treating those who display self-righteousness in public.

"This notion that you can earn God's favor and Salvation is damnable heresy!"

Your notion that you can earn God's favor and salvation by posting the crap you post into this forum is damnable as well, and you'll discover it when it is too late.

READ YOUR BIBLE you prick!!

May 24, 2014 at 9:29 p.m.
alprova said...

Connie wrote: "You may be new to this site and not know just how blasphemous Mr. Anthonthy Provancher (alprova) has been and continues to be."

You are the most self-righteous prick that I have ever come across in all the years I have dealt with such people.

The Bible you claim is the word of God condemns your behavior, but you ignore that completely to judge others and harp on homosexuality.

"Jesus sinned"

"Jesus cannot be God"

Wow!! It's nice to see you come on board with the truth. Remember, YOU posted it!!

"I point this out to others because he claims to be a Christian!"

And the very thought of that shakes your faith to it's very core, doesn't it? Why else would you spend so much time repeating my provable words?

"BTW he has had years of Mormon indoctrination."

Bearing false witness is a sin. You just told a whopper there.

Everyone knows I do not tout Mormon Doctrine. I never have. I haven't graced the doors of a Mormon Church in 43 years.

But that does not stop you from telling that stupid lie every chance you get, you stupid self-righteous prick!!

May 24, 2014 at 9:41 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

LWNJ's on here are clearly the nastiest. Obvious.

May 24, 2014 at 9:54 p.m.
tifosi said...

Conservative is God!!! He sayeth so.

May 24, 2014 at 10:10 p.m.
Easy123 said...

The admitted sex offender, TheJackDennis, is clearly the nastiest here. Obvious.

Don't let his sanctimony fool you.

May 24, 2014 at 10:24 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

con-man, the only church I know is the Christian Church and Jesus said anyone who seeks is welcome. He even associated with prostitutes and of all things, religious leaders and hypocrites.

May 25, 2014 at 2:35 p.m.
conservative said...

inquiringmind said...

con-man, the only church I know is the Christian Church and Jesus said anyone who seeks is welcome. He even associated with prostitutes and of all things, religious leaders and hypocrites.

May 25, 2014 at 2:35 p.m.

=================

Well now, you either believe that all churches are Christian which renders you either naïve or you are lying.

"and Jesus said anyone who seeks is welcome"

Pure evasive Liberal gibberish! Be specific. You won't be specific because you will only reveal what you really are or what you really believe.

"He even associated with prostitutes and of all things, religious leaders and hypocrites"

Yes He did. Did you have a point other than being evasive?

May 26, 2014 at 12:24 p.m.
conservative said...

inquirinmind

Now again, I ask you a simple question.

Would the church that you are associated with allow known Homosexuals as members?

May 26, 2014 at 12:24 p.m.
conservative said...

inquiringmind said...

con-man sez "Or do you feel that "repent" only means saying your sorry, but going ahead and doing it again later." It sounds an awful lot like that is exactly what con-man is saying and doing, himself.

======================

That is a lie!

That is awful lie!

You wrote every word of that.

Why did you lie?

May 26, 2014 at 12:29 p.m.
conservative said...

Mr. Anthony Provancher, alprova wrote:

"BTW he has had years of Mormon indoctrination."

Bearing false witness is a sin. You just told a whopper there.

===============================

In addition to being a brazen blasphemer, this man is a brazen liar.

The man has fully admitted to attending a Mormon "church" with a girlfriend for at least two years, maybe more.

May 26, 2014 at 12:40 p.m.
conservative said...

Then after brazenly lying, Mr. Anthony Provancher provides the evidence of his own lying!

"I haven't graced the doors of a Mormon Church in 43 years."

May 26, 2014 at 12:43 p.m.
conservative said...

Mr. Anthony Provancher wrote:

"Everyone knows I do not tout Mormon Doctrine. I never have."

Another brazen lie!

And this one after I quoted Mr. Anthony Provancher concerning his frequent blasphemy that Jesus was not God incarnate which is a Mormon blasphemy, a Mormon teaching.

Mr. Anthony Provancher has written and I quote: "Jesus cannot be God"

He has also written: "Jesus sinned." to name just two of his worst blasphemies.

May 26, 2014 at 12:55 p.m.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.