“Friends in High Places,” an oil on canvas, part of the Axioms, Idioms and Postulates series by W. Michael Bush, whose work is featured at Area 61 Gallery. During Gallery Hop, 2-8 p.m. Saturday, the figurative expression artist will provide an on-site painting demonstration focusing on topics inspired by the upcoming Ironman competition for triathletes.Photo by Contributed Photo /Chattanooga Times Free Press.
Want a look at the many varieties of art being created in Chattanooga? Saturday, Sept. 6, is an ideal opportunity as 25 galleries and artist studios throw open their doors for the eighth annual Gallery Hop.
Presented by the Association for Visual Arts, Gallery Hop offers a chance to not only browse the works but meet the artists, watch demonstrations and learn about their creative processes.Galleries will have special exhibitions on display, and refreshments will be provided at most venues.
A map featuring the location of each gallery and studio will be available at all participating galleries. The guide will enable “hoppers” to create their own route during the event and can be used throughout the year for visitors interested in touring the local arts scene.
IF YOU GO
• What: Gallery Hop
• When: 2-8 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 6
• Where: 24 galleries and artist studios
• Admission: Free
• Phone: 423-265-4282
• Website: www.avarts.org
• Apothecary: 744 McCallie Ave.
• Area 61: 61 E. Main St.
• Art at the Incubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd.
• Artifact: 1080-B Duncan Ave.
• AVA: 30 Frazier Ave.
• Brent Sanders Studio: 400 E. Main St.
• Chambliss Art Connection: 605 Chestnut St., Suite 1700
• Charlie Newton Studio: 1200 Grove St.
• Chattanooga Workspace: 302 W. Sixth St.
• Fennel Blythe & Brent Weston Studio: 1511 Williams St.
• Gallery 1401: 1110 Market Street, No. 117
• Garuda Screen Printing: 2801 Dodds Ave.
• H*art Gallery: 110 E. Main St.
• Ignis Glass Studio: 409 Broad St.
• In-Town Gallery: 26-A Frazier Ave.
• Island Avenue Studio: 102 Island Ave.
• Miki Boni Studio: 1611 Mitchell Ave.
• Northshore Gallery of Contemporary Art: 505 Cherokee Blvd.
• Plum Nelly: 330 Frazier Ave.
• The Open Press: 1271-B Market St.
• Reflections Gallery: 6922 Lee Highway
• River Gallery: 400 E. Second St.
• Shane Darwent & Raymond Padron: 2801 Dodds Ave.
• UTC Cress Gallery: 736 Vine St.
• Winder Binder Gallery & Bookstore: 40 Frazier Ave.