ADVENTIST BUSINESS LECTURE -- Southern Adventist University, Collegedale. School of Business and Management presents second program in 40th annual E.A. Anderson Lecture Series, 8 p.m. Monday. Speaker is Sam Wills, director of Business Development at EMJ Corp. Social hour at 7 p.m. in Hulsey Wellness Center, Room 3135. Free. 236-2753.
ADVENTIST HISTORY LECTURE -- McKee Library, Southern Adventist University, Collegedale. Program on "Struggles, Defeats and Victories: Adventist History and Adventist Mission" by David Trim, director of archives for the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, 7 p.m. Wednesday. Free. 236-2788.
BIG BIDS FOR JA KIDS -- Bessie Smith Hall, 200 E. M.L. King Blvd. Live and silent auctions include week in Destin, Fla., Papa John's pizza and Coke for one year, Talladega NASCAR package for four, 7 p.m. Saturday. $25. Call for space availability. 892-4488.
CIVIL WAR SHOW -- Northwest Georgia Trade & Convention Center, 2211 Dug Gap Battle Road, Dalton, Ga. Features more than 400 tables of Civil War collectibles and antique post cards, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Feb. 4, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Feb. 5. $8 show admission. Bobby Horton concert and Civil War theme dinner 7 p.m. Feb. 4. $16.99 dinner. 706-272-7676, www.daltontradecenter.com.
COIN SHOW -- Rhea County Welcome Center, 107 Main St., Dayton, Tenn. Open 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. www.daytontnchamber.org.
COLLEGE GOAL SATURDAY -- Cleveland State Community College, Career Education Building, Cleveland, Tenn. Information for college-bound students and their parents, 9-11 a.m. Saturday. Free. 800-342-1663.
GRAPE ESCAPE WINE DINNER -- Cafe Rome, 220 N. Ocoee St., Cleveland, Tenn. Fundraiser for Museum Center at Five Points, a four-course dinner with wine pairings and auction, scheduled Sunday, is sold out. 423-339-5745.
HIKES, GEORGIA -- Cloudland Canyon State Park,
122 Cloudland Canyon Park Road, Rising Fawn, Ga. All hikes led by Georgia Girl Guides of Trenton, Ga. 706-913-7170.
* Introduction to Caving: 2 p.m. Saturday, $20 per person, for ages 6 and older, guides will direct participants through a craw space and walk with you to underground river.
* Wild Cave Tour: 10 a.m. Saturday, 4 p.m. Wednesday, for ages 6 and older, two-hour adventure to get muddy, wet and climb on rocks. Must be able to crawl, stoop, balance, climb and wade into cold water.
HIKES, TENNESSEE -- Led by Soddy-Daisy Hiking Club. Bring water and snack. 842-3619.
* Saturday: Signal Point to Mushroom Rock, 8 miles, 9 a.m., meet at Walmart at the foot of Signal Mountain to carpool to site.
* Wednesday: Pot Point Nature Trail, 3.5 miles, 10 a.m., meet at Bi-Lo in Red Bank to carpool to site.
* Feb. 4: North Chickamauga Creek, 4.5 miles one way, 9 a.m., meet at trailhead on Montlake Road.
GIRL SCOUT DAY -- Tennessee Aquarium, 1 Broad St. Discounts and special programming, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday. $10 Scouts and leaders in uniform, $20 parents and other adults. 800-262-0695.
GO GREEK PARTY -- The House, 650 McCallie Ave. Chattanooga Alumni Panhellenic Association sponsors information session for high school seniors interested in college sorority recruitment, 1:30 p.m. Feb. 4. Free but reservations requested. RSVP: www.facebook.com/pages/Chattanooga-Alumnae-Panhellenic-Association.
LIVING WELL LUNCHEON -- The Chattanoogan, 1201 Broad St. Dr. Henry Lodge, co-author of "Younger Next Year" book series, is featured speaker for program sponsored by Alexian Brothers Senior Ministries, 11:30 a.m. Feb. 10. $45. For tickets: 866-0646.
MOVIE NIGHTS -- Screenings of "Courageous," an inspirational film about four police officers who come to terms with their faith when tragedy strikes, 6 p.m. Sunday at two area churches.
* One Accord Community Church, 343 Sweetland Drive, Red Bank. 875-8377, www.oneaccordcommunitychurch.org.
* Cedar Hill Baptist Church, 60 Dyer Bridge Road, Ringgold, Ga. Refreshments and child care provided. 706-858-0976 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SECRET KEEPER GIRL LIVE! -- Chattanooga Convention Center, 1 Carter Plaza. Stage show with pajama party theme for mothers and their daughters is sold out, scheduled Saturday, is sold out. 267-5383.
SIERRA CLUB -- GreenSpaces, 63 E. Main St. Jeremy Pomp of Bike Chattanooga explains the new Bike Share program starting downtown, 7 p.m. Monday. 718-5009, email@example.com.
CHATTANOOGA PUBLIC LIBRARY -- 1001 Broad St. (main library) and other locations at Eastgate, Northgate and South Chattanooga. For programming information on preschool story time, Adventure Club for ages 6 and up, and Teen Stack for teens, call 757-5310 or visit www.lib.chatt anooga.gov.
CHILDREN'S STORY HOUR
* Barnes & Noble, 2100 Hamilton Place Blvd., 11 a.m. Wednesdays. 893-0186.
* Books Never-Ending, 247 Cloud Springs Road, Rossville, 10:30 a.m. Saturdays for ages 3-8. 706-891-0774. www.booksneverending.com
CREATIVE DISCOVERY MUSEUM -- 321 Chestnut St. $10.95 adults and children. 756-2738, www.cdmfun.org.
* PlayGym: Activities for ages 4 months to 3 years and their caregivers, 10:30 a.m. infants to age 1, 11:30 a.m. ages 2 and 3. Feb. 4.
* Preschool Adventure Day: Camera safari for preschoolers and their families, 10 a.m.-noon, Feb. 4.
ART -- Townsend Atelier, 201 W. Main St. Advance registration required for all classes. 266-2712.
* Saturday-Sunday: Floral Painting with instructor Mia Bergeron, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
* Wednesday-March 7: Introduction to Figure Drawing taught by Townsend staff, 6-8 p.m.
FLORAL DESIGN -- Grafe Studio, 4009 Tennessee Ave. All classes start at 6:30 p.m. $35. 468-4172.
* Monday: Escape to the tropics
* Feb. 6: Flower tower, learn vertical design
CONTRA DANCE -- All Saints Academy, 310 E. Eighth St. Chattanooga Traditional Dance Society dance featuring music by Eye of the Monkey and caller Janet Shepherd, 8-11 p.m. Saturday. $8 adults, $5 students. Free lesson for newcomers at 7:30 p.m. www.contranooga.org.
FATHER-DAUGHTER DANCE -- Chattanooga Convention Center, 1 Carter Plaza. Sponsored by Hamilton County Parks and Recreation for dads and their daughters ages 3-17, 7-10 p.m. Feb. 10. $30 per person, includes hors d'oeuvres and dessert buffet. Call 842-6748 for ticket information.
FATHER-DAUGHTER DANCE -- Brainerd United Methodist Church, 4315 Brainerd Road. Dance for girls ages 2 and older and their dads, 6-9 p.m. Feb. 11; photos at 5:30 p.m. $45 per father/daughter pair, $20 each additional child. 698-2030.
LINE DANCE CLASS -- Allemande Hall, 7400 Standifer Gap Road. Final January class, 5:30-6:30 p.m. Monday, $7. No partner or experience required. 309-6842.
SWEETHEART DANCE -- Eastgate Senior Activity Center, inside Eastgate Town Center, 5600 Brainerd Road. Valentine's dance, noon-3 p.m. Feb. 13. Bring covered dish to share. Free. 855-9444.