• Preston Reavis, Sale Creek: He hit a home run and knocked in three runs during the Panthers' 15-1 baseball win over Van Buren County
Chattanooga Christian high school principal and soccer coach Shawn Brower recently announced his resignation, effective at the end of the season.
• Hagen Wilkey, Red Bank: He pitched a 10-strikeout no-hitter as the Lions took a 10-0 District 6-AA baseball victory from East Ridge.
Although they had been able to enjoy some individual success over the years, the Signal Mountain tennis teams had not been able to win collective trophies.
Former Brainerd High School head football coach Stanley Jackson has been hired as an assistant at Boyd-Buchanan.
As coach Jason Lanham said, Monday was a good day to be a Trion Bulldog.
• Marisa McCalla, Boyd-Buchanan: She had a double and scored three runs in the Lady Bucs' 7-6 District 5-A softball defeat of Silverdale Baptist.
Baylor seniors Ramsey Seagle and Will Hitchcock will sign letters of intent to continue their soccer careers at Transylvania University, an NCAA Division III school in Lexington, Ky.
• Hunter Brown, Grundy County: He pitched a two-hitter with nine strikeouts and scored two runs as the Yellow Jackets shut out Notre Dame in baseball, 5-0.
* Duncan Coffey, Polk County: He went 3-for-4 with a home run and two RBIs as the Wildcats beat Cleveland 4-2 in baseball.
* Austin Parrish, Ringgold: He hit two home runs, including a grand slam, as the baseball Tigers downed Sonoraville 12-1.
• Sloan Sullivan, Ooltewah: She was 4-for-4 with two doubles and three RBIs as the Lady Owls defeated Bradley Central 14-2 in a six-inning District 5-AAA softball game.
Heritage senior cross country standout Natalie Espinoza-Hensley recently signed to continue her running career at new area NAIA member Dalton State College.
• Dakota Hudson, Sequatchie County: He struck out 16 and scattered four hits in seven innings as the Indians nipped Chattanooga Christian 2-1 in baseball.
• Jacob Maynard, Bradley Central: He had a home run and a triple and drove in three runs as the Bears edged McMinn County in baseball, 3-2.