• Jacob Maynard, Bradley Central: He had a home run and a triple and drove in three runs as the Bears edged McMinn County in baseball, 3-2.
• Dakota Hudson, Sequatchie County: He threw a 12-strikeout no-hitter with only two walks as the baseball Indians defeated Notre Dame 12-1.
B.J. Rowland, Thomas Delay, Dalton: They won at No. 1 doubles, 6-1 in the first set, but the Catamounts lost 3-2 in Georgia boys' tennis to Alpharetta's River Ridge.
The 23rd Lady Trojan Invitational high school softball tournament will be held this weekend at the Soddy Lake Kids' Park.
• Jack Bosworth, Chattanooga Christian: He doubled twice and had two RBIs as the Chargers defeated Lookout Valley 11-1 in a five-inning baseball game.
Coaches don't always welcome letters from the TSSAA, but the one Red Bank track coach Hugh Enicks got recently has opened the door for some unexpected help.
Some of his gray hair may have gone white last weekend, but if drama is what it takes to get the job done, Chattanooga Christian basebal
Not long ago the Buzz Classic was a weekend softball tournament Lookout Valley's Lady Yellow Jackets hosted every spring.
The rain that washed away Monday's high school sports schedule is playing havoc with the rest of the week as well, at least in baseball. There are three tournaments scheduled this weekend: McMinn Central's Cure for Cancer Classic, South Pit
• Elizabeth Masengil, McMinn Central: She scored 18 points and took home the tournament MVP as McMinn Central won the District 5-AA championship over Sequoyah, 58-48.
Brooke Copeland, Bradley Central: She had 19 points and 15 rebounds in the Bearettes' 51-42 5-AAA championship win over Cleveland.
Devan Cyree (Tullahoma) major dec. Andrew Long (Ravenwood), 14-0; Luke Mullin (Notre Dame) pinned Matthew Kieta (Pigeon Forge), 4:40; Toribio Navarro (Bradley Central) major dec. Nathan Carter (Cordova), 9-0; Kevin Knier (West Creek) tech. fall over Ronardo Bussey (Howard), 15-0, 3:35.
Thursday at Williamson County Agricultural Expo
• Erin Hill, Sale Creek: She filled up the stat sheet with 28 points, 11 rebounds, five assists, three steals and three blocks in a 65-51 basketball win over South Pittsburg.
• Max Miller, McMinn Central: With 20 points, he scored one point less than a third of the Chargers' total in a 61-48 basketball win at Arts & Science.