• Preston Reavis, Sale Creek: He hit a home run and knocked in three runs during the Panthers' 15-1 baseball win over Van Buren County
Chattanooga Christian high school principal and soccer coach Shawn Brower recently announced his resignation, effective at the end of the season.
• Hagen Wilkey, Red Bank: He pitched a 10-strikeout no-hitter as the Lions took a 10-0 District 6-AA baseball victory from East Ridge.
Leave it to an 8-year-old to find something joyous amid misfortune.
As coach Jason Lanham said, Monday was a good day to be a Trion Bulldog.
• Marisa McCalla, Boyd-Buchanan: She had a double and scored three runs in the Lady Bucs' 7-6 District 5-A softball defeat of Silverdale Baptist.
• Hunter Brown, Grundy County: He pitched a two-hitter with nine strikeouts and scored two runs as the Yellow Jackets shut out Notre Dame in baseball, 5-0.
* Austin Parrish, Ringgold: He hit two home runs, including a grand slam, as the baseball Tigers downed Sonoraville 12-1.
• Sloan Sullivan, Ooltewah: She was 4-for-4 with two doubles and three RBIs as the Lady Owls defeated Bradley Central 14-2 in a six-inning District 5-AAA softball game.
• Dakota Hudson, Sequatchie County: He struck out 16 and scattered four hits in seven innings as the Indians nipped Chattanooga Christian 2-1 in baseball.
• Jacob Maynard, Bradley Central: He had a home run and a triple and drove in three runs as the Bears edged McMinn County in baseball, 3-2.
• Dakota Hudson, Sequatchie County: He threw a 12-strikeout no-hitter with only two walks as the baseball Indians defeated Notre Dame 12-1.
Hagen Wilkey may have options.
B.J. Rowland, Thomas Delay, Dalton: They won at No. 1 doubles, 6-1 in the first set, but the Catamounts lost 3-2 in Georgia boys' tennis to Alpharetta's River Ridge.
The 23rd Lady Trojan Invitational high school softball tournament will be held this weekend at the Soddy Lake Kids' Park.