Patricia Cassidy with her dog, Doodles, visit the veterinarian in Chattanooga after doodles had been diagnosed with kidney failure. Doodles is believed to be one of 580 dogs in the U.S. that have died in the past six years from eating pet jerky from China. Baffled by the cause and seeing another surge in illnesses, the Food and Drug Administration reached out to owners and veterinarians Tuesday to help it find the poison behind the sickening of at least 3,600 dogs and 10 cats since 2007
Photo by Associated Press /Chattanooga Times Free Press .
published Thursday, October 24th, 2013