Everyone Lynch mobbed Tonya Craft and she was aquitted of all charges. They ruined her life for 2+ years and took her kids away! Imagine the scorn looks and snub noses she got. The emotional stress and ruin. Cops can charge anyone with anything at anytime and ruin anyone's life. I am not saying he did or did not, all I am saying is that he hasn't been tried yet. Don't believe everything you read in the media. There's no justice there's just costs. If they are wrong even in the slightest the cops, DA and everyone else should be sued and removed.
The firemen do not take home the fire trucks, do they? Teachers do not take home the school bus, EMT's do not take home the ambulance. Police do not need to take home the cruisers for several reasons.
1. The gent that states he does fleet costs may not be calculating ALL the associated costs of the car being driven, like mileage, fuel and insurance. Not just auto insurance, but workers comp and general Liability as well.
2.These officers put the city into a vunerable liability situation by operating these cars while off duty and the city is responsible for any and all claims like wrecks and injuries to others and the officers who drive them. I have seen many or should I say most officers drive worse than civilians.No blinkers, speeding & tailagting etc.that could lead to a wreck.
2. These officers use these cars as their own personal vehicle while off duty and have unauthorized passengers and family in them, again a liability situation.
3. The cars are in the officers driveways any damage to the car or the home because of the car is the city responsibility... again liability.
4. Fuel will hit $4.00 per gallon...
5. Wear and tear on the car. brakes, alignment, tires, oil changes are typicaly maintenanced under mileage criteria so the more miles the more maintenance the more money.
6.The city has enough trouble just trying to keep from getting sued from inadequately trained and egotistical cops, they certainly don't need the headache of taking home cars.
7. In regards to insurance, the rate may change when the car leaves city limits The county limit mileage would be calculated in with the city mileage depending on the policy and the audit.
Cops are employees of the city just like anyone else. They do not and should not get any special treatment. Any time that police car rolls the city is accountable, period.
So where does all this money come from....OUR TAXES. Everyone was just jumping all over Littlefield for increasing taxes and not that he is trying to lower costs and save money people are on him again. GEE WIZ....this stuff ain't free!
Well whatever your comment , just no mud slinging and name calling, fair enough?