• Name: Downing Green at Mulberry Park
• Location: Bill Reed Road in East Brainerd
• Status: Of 71 total lots, 31 are left to be sold or developed, 39 have been sold. One is a community lot. Six total homes are under construction.
• Price: Homes cost $235,000 to $355,000, for square footage ranging from 1,800 to 3,200. On average, homes consist of three bedrooms and two bathrooms, with a garage and bonus room.
• Features: While the days of speculative building are mostly over because of new, tighter lending standards and reduced demand, homes in Downing Green have a few features and options in common. Most offer real hardwood floors and custom tiled showers, and granite in bathrooms, according to Mitch Holland of Waters-Holland Builders. Most homes feature built-in irrigation systems and seeded or sodded lawns, he said. Holland installs dramatic coffered ceilings in the kitchen and master bedroom, and custom cabinetry made from real wood, rather than particleboard.
• Amenities: The neighborhood has a large green space in the middle of the development and offers a pool and clubhouse for homeowners’ use. Homeowners who don’t want to mow their lawn can opt in to a neighborhood program that includes lawn maintenance.
• Fees: $60 per month covers maintenance on the pool and clubhouse, as well as the front sign.
• Developers: Realty Innovations
• Builders: Waters-Holland, Pratt Homebuilders, Clover Homes and Vision Homes
• Contact: Brandon Waters—595-8666
Ellis Smith joined the Chattanooga Times Free Press in January 2010 as a business reporter. His beat includes the flooring industry, Chattem, Unum, Krystal, the automobile market, real estate and technology. Ellis is from Marietta, Ga., and has a bachelor’s degree in mass communication at the University of West Georgia. He previously worked at UTV-13 News, Carrollton, Ga., as a producer; at the The West Georgian, Carrollton, Ga., as editor; and at the Times-Georgian, Carrollton, ...
related articles »
Secluded south of the Georgia border near East Brainerd Road, the neighborhood boasts spectacular views of the countryside and a ...
The neighborhood is on Concord Road, yards from East Brainerd Road. It’s less than a mile from Interstate 75, which ...
• Name: The Reserve at Battlefield Crossing
Located in Soddy-Daisy on Sedman Road, the neighborhood is only 10 minutes from Dallas Bay and 25 minutes from downtown ...