• North Chattanooga Council Meeting at 7:45 a.m. Tuesday at Chattanooga Theatre Centre, 400 River St. Breakfast: $10.
• Get Plugged In at 8 a.m. Tuesday at the Chamber Board Room, 811 Broad St. Attendees will learn more about how the Chamber can benefit professionals and business owners. This event is open to members and non-members. Light breakfast provided.
• Government Contracting Workshops at 9 a.m. Tuesday at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The course covers the basics of government contracting. Call 756-8668 for more information and to register.
• Mini Computer Workshops for Busy People at 9 a.m. Wednesday at Chattanooga State Community College, 4501 Amnicola Highway. Attendees will learn the essentials of using Internet tools and email. Cost: $39. Call 697-3100 for more information and to register.
• MidTown Council Meeting at 11:45 a.m. at the Out of the Blue Café, 3230 Brainerd Road. Helen Johnson of CreateHere will speak. Lunch: $10.
• Small Business Orientation at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity. Call 756-8668 for more information and to register.
• Workforce Employer Outreach Committee Employer Forum at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at the Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce, 811 Broad St. Suzanne Elston, director of adult education at Chattanooga State Community College, will speak. Boxed lunches are available upon request for $8 each. Please contact Mattie Moran at 423.763.4339 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Ambassador Orientation 4 p.m. Thursday at the Chamber Board Room, 811 Broad St. RSVP required.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: