An autopsy report shows that the Murray County, Ga., father and his son who were found dead in their car Tuesday died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Murray County sheriff’s deputies found the bodies of David Wayne Graham, 39, and his 3-year-old son, Easton, outside their home in a red Corvette on Tuesday morning, said Sheriff Howard Ensley.
Easton’s mother got worried when her son wasn’t dropped off at her house early Tuesday and went look for him at David Graham’s house, Ensley said. The couple had recently separated and Easton was mainly living with his father, he said.
When the mother couldn’t find anyone in the house she called police, Ensley said.
Investigators found the two in the car with the ignition on but the car wasn’t running, he said. Police believe the car ran out of gas, but still haven’t determined if it was a suicide, he said. But police aren’t considering foul play was involved.
“It’s a sad situation,” Ensley said.
Joy Lukachick is the city government reporter for the Chattanooga Times Free Press Since 2009, she's covered breaking news, high-profile trials, stories of lost lives and of regained hope and done investigative work. Raised near the Bayou, Joy’s hometown is along the outskirts of Baton Rouge, La. She has a bachelor’s degree in mass communication from Louisiana State University. While at LSU, Joy was a staff writer for the Daily Reveille. When Joy isn't chasing ...
related articles »
HUNTINGTON STATION, N.Y. — Police say a 55-year-old restaurant manager has died and more than two dozen others were taken ...
Autopsy results have determined the identity of a person found dead in a vehicle Tuesday in Geraldine, Ala.
A couple whom authorities say died of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning has been added to the storm death toll.
CHATSWORTH, Ga. — Howard Pullen heard the gunshots. They were deafening.