published Wednesday, November 9th, 2011

The Lynching

about Clay Bennett...

The son of a career army officer, Bennett led a nomadic life, attending ten different schools before graduating in 1980 from the University of North Alabama with degrees in Art and History. After brief stints as a staff artist at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the Fayetteville (NC) Times, he went on to serve as the editorial cartoonist for the St. Petersburg Times (1981-1994) and The Christian Science Monitor (1997-2007), before joining the staff of the ...

133
Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.
librul said...

Perfect, Clay! HaHaHaHaHa ... ROTFLMAO!!

Herman Cain? Nein, Nein, Nein!

November 9, 2011 at 12:07 a.m.
dude_abides said...

Isn't this how David Carradine (Kwai Chang Caine) died? Tantric Herman. HA!

November 9, 2011 at 12:08 a.m.
OllieH said...

Now, ain't THAT the truth!

First he blamed the liberal media for targeting him. Then it was the Perry campaign that was out to get him. After that it was Mitt Romney. Today, it was the Democrat 'machine' that was trying to take him down. Unfortunately for Herman Cain, he has nobody to blame for this "high-tech lynching" but himself.

This is not a case of he said/she said. It's a case of he said/they said (and 'they' seem to be growing in number every day).

November 9, 2011 at 12:12 a.m.
AndrewLohr said...

How DARE this Republican act (allegedly) like Bill Clinton! If Clinton was an OK President, the alleged actions don't disqualify Cain, and the party of the Kennedys, Johnson, FDR, and Wilson--adulterers all and failures more often than not--comes across as hypocrites in condemning Herman Cain. They can call him one too, but he hasn't exactly campaigned as the chastity candidate; he's famous for 9-9-9, not for promising laws about sex.

The difference between Herman Cain and our President is that our President is a smooth operator with a vision that doesn't work: prices up, joblessness up, deficits up since he took office. Is any of this hanging himself? Mr Cain is not a smooth operator, but he wants to head in more or less in the right direction. Better to ride an old Ford to Heaven than a new Cadillac to Hell.

November 9, 2011 at 12:34 a.m.
acerigger said...

dammit-man!! He's the leading republican presidential candidate???

November 9, 2011 at 12:38 a.m.
blackwater48 said...

ANOTHER TYPICAL REPUBLICAN

Republicans are not accountable. Their economic policies send us into a recession but it's not their fault. Blame the teacher's union and the firemen and police officers. Borrow a trillion dollars from China to invade a country for no apparent reason and blame social security and medicare for massive federal debt.

But a republican is especially not responsible for his own actions, especially when he does bad things to good people. Herman - the perfect buffoon who has made politics wonderfully entertaining lately - has been busy trying to point out anyone else who might be responsible for this scandal.

Because it can't be his fault.

First, he blamed the Rick Perry campaign. He apologized the next day when he realized pursuing the accusation would have proved that the original leak was in fact, Herman himself.

Next he blamed the liberal media. That accusation had more traction. The media was, after all, REPORTING on a fast moving story of sexual harassment charges and thousands of dollars spent to buy the victims' silence. This had the added bonus of inspiring the ubber-paranoid teabaggers into donating over a million dollars to his "campaign."

Now Cain is blaming the 'Democrat Machine' for producing 'troubled women' just make him look even more ridiculous. I really like this latest excuse: it is simultaneously both absurd AND ironic.

Gloria Allred, the attorney for one of Cain's victims, is the same Gloria Allred who defended a women several weeks ago to whom former Congressman Weiner sent an explicit picture. Allred said Weiner should resign and the next day he did. What Weiner did was wrong and I'm glad he resigned. What Cain did bordered on a felony. People don't pay out cash settlements for $35,000 in one case or $45,000 in another case, if they aren't guilty.

Cain's next defense: He said, THEY said.

Clay is right: these are self inflicted wounds and I got my popcorn ready.

November 9, 2011 at 1:09 a.m.
blackwater48 said...

THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CONSENSUAL SEX AND HARASSMENT

Andrew, I overlook most of your ignorant babbling but come on. Cain groped a woman and told her that he would help her get a job if she put out for him. You think that's cool? Other women formally complained about his unwanted groping and sexual advances and those women were paid off for their silence.

If you want to make a case about how the private lives of candidates and elected officials should remain private, fine. Just say that.

Cain is NOT the victim here.

November 9, 2011 at 1:21 a.m.
alprova said...

I watched the entire news conference and kept an open mind when he was speaking. Again, he insists that he "does not remember" interacting or even meeting some of the women coming forward and who were paid off. Yeah...right.

His faulty memory is the most laughable thing about him. He knows that consistent denial will not result in provable charges. But to deny that he did not know the women or the details of their complaints is not going to cut it.

I don't care about the probability that he came on to several women as much as I care about his weak style of denial, which is telling gobs about his character.

Herman Cain will never be the nominee. His handling of this mess has been lackluster at best. He's changed his story too many times to dare hope that most people consider him credible any longer.

He's done it to himself.

November 9, 2011 at 2:24 a.m.
EaTn said...

The ultra-right factions of the Republican party have been bullying their tactics while basically proving to the American people that they have no candidate with either honor or brains to run for president. Of course when you get that far off center what else can you expect? Voters in Ohio and other states yesterday rejected their nonsense, as will voters across the country in 2012. The 99% are beginning to wake up.

November 9, 2011 at 5:42 a.m.
Dumbledore403 said...

Andrew- But our views as a Christian dictate that we should let ethics guide our decisions. I did not vote for President Clinton because of his ethics...I won't vote for either Gingrich or Cain for the same reason.

November 9, 2011 at 6:09 a.m.
woody said...

I have always heard, "...give a man enough rope and he'll hang himself," but this is the first time I've ever actually seen (on tv and here, of course) an actual depiction of this age-old adage..Woody

November 9, 2011 at 6:12 a.m.
328Kwebsite said...

It wasn't that long ago that photos of dead men hanging from the Walnut Street bridge were on the cover of this paper.

I don't think lynchings are funny. Take a look at historical copies of our local paper. It'll show just what a vicious and shaping political force lynchings have been in our city.

Those hangings from the Walnut Street's bridge spans were front page photos at this paper, within living memory. Someone in this city remembers what it was like to show up and see dead bodies hanging in public as a political message.

Think of that, also, next time you see a political rally near Ross' Landing. Think of that next time you see anything political at all on the bridge, in Coolidge Park or anywhere within sight of that bridge. I believe that people who were intimidated by lynchings on that bridge do.

Do you think you're going to see a black person at a conservative political rally within sight of those bridge spans? It's not going to happen.

My main impression of Chattanooga's first Republican Tea Party rally was that it was within sight of the Walnut Street Bridge as an old lynching location. The speaker's stage at that one was set up on Ross' Landing: where the Red Man got run out of town, too. Don't underestimate the influence of race on local politics. Minorities don't.

If you want to understand what kind of message political rallies send in this area, look to the contemporary history of the locations.

Lynchings in Chattanooga have already sent their political message: murder was the answer to racist politics just the other day.

Not funny.

November 9, 2011 at 7:01 a.m.
timbo said...

Laugh it up you liberal hypocrites.....the long list of Democrats accused of the same thing you've conveniently forgotten. My gosh, Clinton had oral sex in the White House and got semen on a dress. This stuff doesn't even compare and you libs were arguing it didn't matter.

Even so, I don't blame you libs for this crap. This crap came out of the establishment republicans. They can't stand conservatives any more than you can.

I hope Cain and Ron Paul say to hell with the republican establishment and go independent. The only thing that these RINOS understand is LOSING. Without tea party and conservative support they can't win. Let them get 4 more years of this amateur, no-nothing Obama then they just might get the message. Romney is no better than Obama period. He will raise taxes and force more government. I haven't voted for a party candidate since 2000 and it seems I am doomed to do it again. Romney is being forced down the conservatives throats. Puke him out.

These women who come out of the woodwork after 15 years are not believable. They were just so upset that 2 of them made no complaint and two of them were paid off and then broke their agreements to keep the settlements confidential. Pretty dishonest if you ask me.

Party on you Titanic liberals while the ship sinks just like your social democrat Europe is sinking. You love them so don't you?

Liberalism is a mental illness. Irresponsibility, ignoring reality, and using your childish fantasies to try and fix an adult problem. Reading and listening to you liberals is like watching "Our Gang Comedies." Pretty sad.

November 9, 2011 at 7:15 a.m.
MTJohn said...

AndrewLohr said...Better to ride an old Ford to Heaven than a new Cadillac to Hell.

This euphemism is correct IF the old Ford really is on the road to Heaven. Check your road map.

November 9, 2011 at 7:16 a.m.
MTJohn said...

blackwater48 said...People don't pay out cash settlements for $35,000 in one case or $45,000 in another case, if they aren't guilty.

There was a good discussion of sexual harassment in the work place on NPR's "Here and Now" yesterday - a discussion of the issue, in general, not a discussion of Herman Cain, specifically. Here is a link: http://hereandnow.wbur.org/2011/11/08/workplace-harassment

BW's observation is correct, with one caveat. Herman Cain did not make the payout - the NRA did. The correct conclusion is not that Cain was guilty but that the NRA was liable for Cain's behavior and the agreement's with the two women made that liability go away.

November 9, 2011 at 7:24 a.m.
EaTn said...

Just for a moment, let's stretch our imagination and assume Cain is totally innocent of all charges. Based on his reactions to these charges of blaming everyone imaginable for his woes, would you still think he could be this country's leader?

November 9, 2011 at 7:44 a.m.
hambone said...

I beleive Cain when he says he doesn't remember these women.

He only remembers the ones he got lucky with!!

November 9, 2011 at 7:55 a.m.
Fire_Obama said...

EaTn said...

Just for a moment, let's stretch our imagination and assume Cain is totally innocent of all charges. Based on his reactions to these charges of blaming everyone imaginable for his woes, would you still think he could be this country's leader?

Why not? The current President is still blaming Bush for all his problems, but takes personal credit for the successes built on Bush's policies he opposed as Senator and candidate.

November 9, 2011 at 8:04 a.m.
Fire_Obama said...

Let's be clear here, for all the liberal gloating, there has yet to be any EVIDENCE provided for any of these charges. While with clear evidence the lame stream media covered up volumes of evidence on Clinton until it could not be denied any more.

Now coming to light is the fact the woman who came forward yesterday has been sued multiple times, but in one case still pending a suit against her for non-payment of some $3800 to the lender. The attorney representing the Lender lives in the same apartment complex as the woman accusing Cain.
The attorney's name? David Axelrod. I am sure it's a complete coincidence.

November 9, 2011 at 8:22 a.m.
MTJohn said...

Fire_Obama said...

Let's be clear here, for all the liberal gloating, there has yet to be any EVIDENCE provided for any of these charges.

Let's be clear, here. The original story was that two former NRA employees filed complaints that they had been harassed by Cain and that NRA had negotiated settlement agreements with those women. Those facts have been confirmed by both Cain and the NRA.

Coincidentally, Cain terminated his employment with NRA in 1999.

November 9, 2011 at 8:34 a.m.
Fire_Obama said...

No, you are in error, I know the facts don't matter when it gets in the way of your objective. The facts relative to the details, and proof of those allegations HAVE NOT been released, much less proven to be factual. Anyone can make complaints, true or false. Many women are serial filers of complaints. Allegations do not prove anything. Anyone who is in a position as Herman Cain was at the NRA will be the target of false claims of this nature... they aren't going to target the janitor.

November 9, 2011 at 8:40 a.m.
Fire_Obama said...

Google "David Axelrod" "Herman Cain" together...

November 9, 2011 at 8:43 a.m.
WhitesCreek said...

Republicans to their candidates:

If I listened long enough to you I'd find a way to believe that it's all true Knowing that you lied straight-faced while I cried Still I look to find a reason to believe Someone like you makes it hard to live without somebody else Someone like you makes it easy to give never think about myself If I gave you time to change my mind I'd find a way just to leave the past behind Knowing that you lied straight-faced while I cried Still I look to find a reason to believe

Oh wait...that was Rod Stewart, sorry.

November 9, 2011 at 8:43 a.m.
Fire_Obama said...

What has the Bill Clinton theme song got to do with anything?

November 9, 2011 at 8:46 a.m.
khargis said...

I'm guessing that one of the best things about being a Democrat cartoonist is being able to draw a picture of a black man lynching himself, and not having a single Democrat cry "racism" because the black man in the cartoon is a Republican.

November 9, 2011 at 8:47 a.m.
Fire_Obama said...

Just because conservatives have finally learned that you can tell when the left is lying (it's because their lips are moving) is no reason to get depressed. It will be ok. Firing Obama will be like playing a country music song in reverse. People will get their jobs back, their families back, their communities back, their retirements back, yes their dog and truck too. It will be a good thing.

November 9, 2011 at 8:50 a.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

People who know Cain do not find the accusations credible. The credibility of accusers continue to be questioned.

http://news.yahoo.com/ap-exclusive-accuser-filed-complaint-next-job-080946066.html

This is starting to look like nothing more than a political witch hunt to me. Cain is not my favorite candidate but he would be a heck of a lot better than Obama.

November 9, 2011 at 8:55 a.m.
Walden said...

Hey Clay - this isn't funny in any way, shape or form. Shame.

November 9, 2011 at 8:55 a.m.
ibshame said...

When those other ladies get together to give their version of what happened with Herman Cain, he's done. Even the Koch brothers, his brothers from another mother, won't be able to salvage his campaign. Now he's into blaming the "democratic machine" sadly he doesn't realize the Dems were cheering for him to win the Republican nomination. He self-destructed by not telling the truth when the story first broke. He has no one to blame for this fiasco but himself. I guess none of his supporters have noticed his wife of 43 years has yet to appear at his side to say she supports his version of the story.

November 9, 2011 at 9:05 a.m.
mymy said...

If Cain was a Democrat, can you imagine how these loons would be defending him! Ha ha!

Over the years the race card, the rape card and the harassment card have been abused until a case is not believable many times. These cards are abused and hurt the truly harmed. Shame on these lowlife’s.

One lives in the same building as David Axelrod (Sharon Bialek) and has a questionable history. The other works in Obama administration and also has a history of this kind of complaint for gain (Karen Kraushaar). So as much fun as the left is having with this dirty deal, I’m not buying into it.

More important to me is what Obama and company are doing to this country. Here’s a headline I saw today. Another dumb idea on top of all the others. BTW on the road again. Another expensive 10 day trip (family vacation) on the taxpayers. He did this in 2010. Give me a break! I bet he still gets lost in the White House since he is not there long enough to know his way around.

“President Obama’s Agriculture Department today announced that it will impose a new 15-cent charge on all fresh Christmas trees—the Christmas Tree Tax—to support a new Federal program to improve the image and marketing of Christmas trees.”:

http://blog.heritage.org/2011/11/08/obama-couldnt-wait-his-new-christmas-tree-tax/

November 9, 2011 at 9:05 a.m.
Fire_Obama said...

The Dem playbook has become well known, saying Democrats were hoping "candidate ??????" would be the candidate is a technique that has unfortunately been successful to get conservatives to second guess themselves in the past. Not buying it this time. Just another dirty trick and we will call them on it every time they play it. We are taking notes, we compare notes. WE don't trust liberals, the left, the institutional players of either party. We will continue to research things ourselves, we will expose players for what they are.
The ere of big leftists is over. Twice the number of American's consider themselves conservative than those that will admit to being liberal. The scams the left promotes are being exposed daily. We are mad as hell and we won't tolerate it any more.

November 9, 2011 at 9:25 a.m.
Fire_Obama said...

WASHINGTON (AP) — A woman who settled a sexual harassment complaint against GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain in 1999 complained three years later at her next job about unfair treatment, saying she should be allowed to work from home after a serious car accident and accusing a manager of circulating a sexually charged email, The Associated Press has learned.

November 9, 2011 at 9:30 a.m.
ibshame said...

mymy wrote: "Another expensive 10 day trip(family vacation) on the taxpayers..... I bet he still gets lost in the White House since he is not there long enough to know his way around."

Did you complain as much when our "war time" Pres. Bush was on vacation or the Great Communicator Reagan? It would seem based on research conducted by FactCheck.org and CBS News, President Obama has yet to reach the number of vaction days as the aforementioned.

"So far, President Obama has taken 61 vacation days after 31 months in office. At this point in their presidencies, George W. Bush had spent 180 days at his ranch where his staff often joined him for meetings. And Ronald Reagan had taken 112 vacation days at his ranch. Among recent presidents, Bill Clinton took the least time off -- 28 days."

November 9, 2011 at 9:30 a.m.
Fire_Obama said...

"So far, President Obama has taken 61 vacation days after 31 months in office. At this point in their presidencies, George W. Bush had spent 180 days at his ranch where his staff often joined him for meetings. And Ronald Reagan had taken 112 vacation days at his ranch. Among recent presidents, Bill Clinton took the least time off -- 28 days." The expense of Republican's going to their ranch for working vacations are FAR less, just in terms of security, not counting doubling down on Air Force One when Michele flies separately. I have not checked your data for errors yet. I'm sure they will likely be stilted to support your argument. What about that flight to circle the Statue of Liberty? Wasn't that fun? BO has such wonderful judgment, huh?

November 9, 2011 at 9:36 a.m.
mtngrl said...

How many of you conservatives calling "hypocracy" actually gave Clinton the benefit of the doubt at the time? Look in the mirror to find your hypocrites. And please look up the word "consent".

Any time there is a sex scandal the media will jump on it and so will the viewers, it doesn't matter which party is involved it is still good ratings. This time the liberals get to sit back and enjoy the show.

And for those of you who believe Cain, which Cain is it you believe? The one that says he does not remember any of this and it is all fabricated? Or the one that stated he told Curt Anderson about the sexual harassment charges in 2003 while accusing him of passing that information on to the Perry campaign?

November 9, 2011 at 9:42 a.m.
MTJohn said...

Fire_Obama said...

No, you are in error, I know the facts don't matter when it gets in the way of your objective. The facts relative to the details, and proof of those allegations HAVE NOT been released, much less proven to be factual.

As I said before, the facts have been reported. I.e. allegations were made against NRA's CEO - Herman Cain - and NRA resolved those allegations by negotiating settlement agreements with two women who filed the complaints. And, as I already noted, both NRA and Cain confirmed those facts.

I agree that CEO's are vulnerable to false complaints by their subordinates. However, I have to wonder why the NRA would conclude that their liability was sufficient to justify a $35K and a $45K settlement agreement.

I also agree that the specific facts pertinent to the complaints of harassment have note been released. The two women who filed the complaints are not able to release that information because the settlement agreements contain standard confidentiality language. If the complaints were baseless, it would be easy enough for Cain to prove. All he would have to do is ask NRA to release his personnel file and the specifics of the complaints filled by the two women.

November 9, 2011 at 9:48 a.m.
Fire_Obama said...

The hypocrisy is in pretending the "ALLEGATIONS" are equal or in this case some how worse than actual proven beyond a shadow of a doubt accounts of sexual escapades.

November 9, 2011 at 9:49 a.m.
mymy said...

Remember Diana Shore show and her sponsor song: See the USA in your Chevrolet? O’s song is: See the World in Air force One on the taxpayer. My chance is almost over, my time is running out. See the World......!

November 9, 2011 at 9:52 a.m.
bret said...

Just imagine the reactions of the Republican apologists if it were Al Sharpton being accused of sexual harassment. Or Van Jones. Or Jesse Jackson. Or even Michael Jackson.

Oh wait, Michael Jackson also settled a sexual harassment lawsuit. Many consider him a child molester because of it. So what does that make Herman Cain besides a serial womanizer?

November 9, 2011 at 9:53 a.m.
BobMKE said...

Timbo Great posting, but Slick Willie will be upset at you for using the word semen. Slick Willie calls it "Arkansas Snapple."

November 9, 2011 at 9:56 a.m.
Fire_Obama said...

There are NO LEGAL ISSUES in these allegations against Cain. The settlements were not paid by Cain, he was not party to those settlements and in fact the NRA has refused to release their records to Cain in any form even though he has requested their released. Herman Cain is a threat to Obama, pure and simple. He is also an outsider to the institutional party organizations so neither party apparatus wants him to have the nomination. That is for me a HUGE reason to support him. The definition of insanity is to repeat the same thing over and over again and expect a different result. If you want the country to continue down this bottomless pit, just keep electing the same kind of power hungry idiots who've gotten us into this mess.

November 9, 2011 at 9:57 a.m.
onetinsoldier said...

Not a good day to be a repugnant. Abortion loses in Louisiana, Union busting loses in Ohio, and Herman Cain goes back to selling nasty pizza and groping white women. It is strange that none of the accusers are black. Maybe Herman is the real racist with a pimp mentality. Get used to it cause it only get worse for you knuckle draggers as the days pass.

November 9, 2011 at 10:12 a.m.
Fire_Obama said...

I am sure it will continue as long as brain dead people keep playing politics instead of facing real issues and solving real problems.

November 9, 2011 at 10:19 a.m.
MTJohn said...

Fire_Obama said...The settlements were not paid by Cain, he was not party to those settlements and in fact the NRA has refused to release their records to Cain in any form even though he has requested their released.

The claims were paid by NRA because NRA perceived that the CEO's (i.e. Herman Cain's) behavior represented a liability.

Cain has made several public statements since this story first aired. I don't recall that he requested the release of the relevant personnel records in any of those statements. Please share the information by which you concluded that he had.

November 9, 2011 at 10:35 a.m.
Livn4life said...

Drawboy, this is your most tasteless cartoon yet. And it would be considered racist IF...Herman Cain were not a Conservative. I hope all the lilly-bellied hypocritical lefties enjoy seeing in print what they claim should never happen. I hope they celebrate it because if it was one of theirs, they'd be threatening legal action. For all you persons of color who see this, you have my apology because I know many of you heard the term lynching in the most hideous way possible. Now the Drawboy makes a joke out of it to crucify a Conservative politician, it is indeed sad.

November 9, 2011 at 10:37 a.m.
alprova said...

Timbo wrote: "Laugh it up you liberal hypocrites.....the long list of Democrats accused of the same thing you've conveniently forgotten. My gosh, Clinton had oral sex in the White House and got semen on a dress. This stuff doesn't even compare and you libs were arguing it didn't matter."

Not to defend what Clinton did, there is one key difference. Monica Lewinsky never claimed victim status. She was more than willing.

That does not translate into anything comparable to sexual harassment as it was described in detail by one of the victims, other than to cite Clinton for a moral and marital violation.

"I hope Cain and Ron Paul say to hell with the republican establishment and go independent. The only thing that these RINOS understand is LOSING. Without tea party and conservative support they can't win."

They can't win with only Tea Party or Conservative support either. Even within the Republican party in general, no one has garnered more than 30% in the polls.

"These women who come out of the woodwork after 15 years are not believable. They were just so upset that 2 of them made no complaint and two of them were paid off and then broke their agreements to keep the settlements confidential. Pretty dishonest if you ask me."

Neither of the two women who were paid off have broken their confidentiality agreements, yet. One was outed by her brother-in-law. The other remains anonymous.

Not believable? What does any of them have to gain by coming forward and embarrassing themselves in front of an entire nation? Money? From whom?

"Liberalism is a mental illness. Irresponsibility, ignoring reality, and using your childish fantasies to try and fix an adult problem. Reading and listening to you liberals is like watching "Our Gang Comedies." Pretty sad."

That's funny, I was just thinking the same thing about Conservatives, except I would use the word "heartless" "unkind" and "unrealistic" to describe most of those with your thought patterns.

November 9, 2011 at 10:51 a.m.
hambone said...

For those of you posting here today defending Cain what if the acusers were your wife, sister or daughter?

I bet if these women had video tape and DNA you would say it was fake.

You just can't see the truth bacause it doesn't fit your narrow mind!!

November 9, 2011 at 10:59 a.m.
ibshame said...

Fire_Obama wrote:

"What about that flight to circle the Statue of Liberty? Wasn't that fun? BO has such wonderful judgment, huh?"

Why don't you get your facts straight before posting this kind of jibberish? BO was not on Air Force One when that pilot made the mistake of flying over the SoL. In fact, shortly after that fiasco the pilot resigned. The last time I checked the facts, Presidents don't get to pick their pilots. So it was not any judgement on the part of Barack Obama who put that particular pilot on AF One.
Here's the bottom line when it comes to JUDGEMENT of character. Herman Cain has NO Character. If he had then he would never have approached any of those women in the way he did and had he used BETTER JUDGEMENT he wouldn't be in the position of telling one lie after another to cover up his lack of character. He is as guilty as Clarence Thomas was when he approached Anita Hill. Both men thought they could get away with it but in the end they were exposed for the lecherous liars they are.
It has nothing to do with them being BLACK REPUBLICANS but everything to do with the actions they took. Anthony Weiner is White, a Democrat but what he did was wrong. He had to resign from Congress. Bill Clinton is White, a Democrat but lying to congress about having consensual sex with M. Lewinsky was wrong. Bill Clinton had to go through the embarrassment of an impeachment trial. (Even though at the time Newt Gingrich was going after Clinton, Newt didn't have to tell Congress he was having a consensual affair with a third woman who would eventually become his third wife after he divorced the second wife he had an affair with while the first wife was fighting cancer. Talk about character and judgement. LOL) At some point in the very near future, they are going to uncover the fact Cain knew of these settlements/agreements whatever one wants to call them. When that happens it will truly be all over for Herman Cain. It's just a matter of time. Then we'll see what kind of character and judgement the man really has and it won't matter whether he's a Republican or a Democrat.

November 9, 2011 at 11 a.m.
hambone said...

It is a sad statement on America that when a woman comes forward with a complaint of sexual abuse that her character and life history is called into question.

No wonder men can get away with such evil behavior!!

November 9, 2011 at 11:05 a.m.
alprova said...

Fire_Obama wrote: "Now coming to light is the fact the woman who came forward yesterday has been sued multiple times, but in one case still pending a suit against her for non-payment of some $3800 to the lender."

What does having financial difficulties have to do with whether or not she was harassed by Herman Cain?

"The attorney representing the Lender lives in the same apartment complex as the woman accusing Cain. The attorney's name? David Axelrod. I am sure it's a complete coincidence."

The correct term is "Lived." She used to live in the same apartment complex as does David Axelrod. And the followup question to that is "So what?" Coincidence does not translate into conspiracy.

November 9, 2011 at 11:06 a.m.
alprova said...

khargis wrote: "I'm guessing that one of the best things about being a Democrat cartoonist is being able to draw a picture of a black man lynching himself, and not having a single Democrat cry "racism" because the black man in the cartoon is a Republican."

Could that be because there is nothing "racist" about the cartoon?

Herman Cain used the words "High-tech lynching" himself, numerous times, to describe his treatment by the media.

Yesterday, he tightened the noose around his neck a little more.

I find it funny as heck that people are offended by this cartoon.

November 9, 2011 at 11:11 a.m.
alprova said...

Fire_Obama wrote: "Firing Obama will be like playing a country music song in reverse. People will get their jobs back, their families back, their communities back, their retirements back, yes their dog and truck too. It will be a good thing."

Well, everyone has their beliefs and dreams. Yours are a little more than unrealistic.

November 9, 2011 at 11:14 a.m.
Fire_Obama said...

I would abandon Herman Cain or any other candidate if verifiable proof of wrong doing is confirmed by credible. ethical people.
The left on the other hand don't care what the evidence is, the left only wants what they want when you want it and you ware dishonesty and getting over on others as a badge of honor. The left does not care what the cost is because they always intend for someone else to pay for it. They have kept Blacks on the Democrat Plantation by lies and rewriting history to suit them.
The Civil Right Act was first introduced under a Republican President in 1957. LBJ himself voted against it. A higher percentage of Republicans voted for it 1964 than did Democrats, it would not have passed otherwise. But because LBJ was the President at that time the Dems take all the credit. The lies have no end.

November 9, 2011 at 11:20 a.m.
DarkSky said...

I liked yesterday how Cain said he would take a lie detector test when asked by a reporter during the Q & A portion of his media event. Then he added "If it was important enough" if I remember correctly. Does that mean this issue is important enough or not? I think clearing ones name to be the next President of the U.S.A. would be pretty important.

November 9, 2011 at 11:40 a.m.
hambone said...

Fire O ,, I would like to point out that the democrats that voted against The Civil Rights Act in 1964 were people like Strom Thurman and Jesse Helms. Who later changed to the GOP. If George Wallace , Bull Conner, Strom Thurman, Jesse Helms and lets not forget Lester Maddox, were around today they would be running the Tea Party!!

November 9, 2011 at 11:45 a.m.
lumpy said...

Where was Gloria Allred when the women who accused Bill Clinton of assault or rape needed her. Nowhere. This is an attempt to take out a black man for being a Republican. It's all political.

November 9, 2011 at 11:46 a.m.
Fire_Obama said...

The lie detector tests need to be on those bringing the allegations, not on Cain. But like Herman I am confident that these women's allegations will self destruct in the light of day. No one beyond those bringing the allegations, who knows Herman Cain personally, who has worked with him have come forward and said, "Oh yes, this is just like Cain" on the contrary they have all said they would be very surprised if the allegations had any basis in fact at all. Why is it, only when those being accused are conservative that accusations equal a guilty verdict in a court of law? Women never lie when they attack conservatives but they ALWAYS LIE when they make them, even when they have credible evidence (Tapes, DNA, Etc) , against liberals? Hypocrisy is the norm for liberals. The only reason the word comes out of their mouths so frequently is that it is human nature to accuse others of what you have the most problem with yourself. It is called PROJECTION.

November 9, 2011 at 11:48 a.m.
alprova said...

Fire_Obama wrote: "The Civil Right Act was first introduced under a Republican President in 1957."

The Civil Rights Act of 1957 was primarily a voting rights bill. To say that it was introduced "under a Republican President" (Dwight D. Eisenhower) means very little.

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 was born in a speech by John F. Kennedy during a speech he gave regarding civil rights on June 11, 1963.

"A higher percentage of Republicans voted for it 1964 than did Democrats, it would not have passed otherwise."

Sorry, but that is patently false.

In the House, 153 Democrats voted for it. 136 Republicans voted for it. In the Senate, 46 Democrats voted for it. 27 Republicans voted for it.

Now, when it comes to those who voted AGAINST the bill, more Democrats than Republicans opposed it. But then, the Democrats held a very wide majority in both Houses as well.

"But because LBJ was the President at that time the Dems take all the credit."

As you can see from the voting record, the Democrats do deserve credit. The Democrats introduced it. Several Democrats in high power positions within both Houses made sure it was introduced in both Houses and brought the bill to the floor for voting.

"The lies have no end."

Coming from someone who seems to be a bit misinformed, I'd be careful about throwing the word "lies" around in reference to others.

November 9, 2011 at 11:49 a.m.
chatttn said...

Anytime there is a depiction of a black man and a noose, it is racist. Poor taste indeed.

November 9, 2011 at 11:50 a.m.
onetinsoldier said...

Alprova, your patience is noteworthy, were you a special needs teacher? I can't explain the power bill to my dog, so I wouldn't try to use logic and facts with repugnants. The best you could accomplish is to confuse and anger them, but thats fun too.

November 9, 2011 at 11:51 a.m.
Fire_Obama said...

You CONVENIENTLY ignored the FACT that Republicans were in the minority. If the Democrats had been all that supportive of it they would not have needed ANY Republicans. The Republican MINORITY passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 over the objection of MANY Democrats. Those are the TRUE FACTS.

November 9, 2011 at 11:54 a.m.
Rickaroo said...

"Liberalism is a mental illness." - timbo

That's funny, timbo. I question your sanity every time I read your posts. Here is an example of sane, rational, cool and collected conservatism on full display for all to see: deadbeat dad/congresman Joe Walsh in a recent town hall at a pub where he is having a conversation with his constituents. Keep in mind, he is talking to his CONSTITUENTS here, people who basically agree with him. Wonder how he would behave in a truly hostile setting?

November 9, 2011 at 12:04 p.m.
alprova said...

Fire_Obama wrote: "The lie detector tests need to be on those bringing the allegations, not on Cain. But like Herman I am confident that these women's allegations will self destruct in the light of day."

It's a case of He said-She said. It's going to come down to who retains their credibility, and Herman Cain's credibility is looking to be as thin as a slice of cheese. He has waffled back and forth way too many times over the past week.

"No one beyond those bringing the allegations, who knows Herman Cain personally, who has worked with him with him have come forward and said, "Oh yes, this is just like Cain"..."

But of course. In any situation where there are witnesses, I have no doubt that the man is a complete gentleman. These instances allegedly occurred when there were no witnesses to his actions.

At the very least, he placed himself in situations where the alleged incidents could have taken place. Smart people in positions of power know how to avoid placing themselves in such situations.

"Why is it, only when those being accused are conservative that accusations equal a guilty verdict in a court of law?"

In this case, it's due to Herman Cains weak defense and his inconsistent responses to the allegations. He's convicted himself.

"Women never lie when they attack conservatives but they ALWAYS LIE when they make them, even when they have credible evidence (Tapes, DNA, Etc) , against liberals?"

Can you cite any such cases where a Liberal has had credible evidence, such as you have cited above, presented publicly, and they have been given a pass by we Liberals?

"Hypocrisy is the norm for liberals. The only reason the word comes out of their mouths so frequently is that it is human nature to accuse others of what you have the most problem with yourself. It is called PROJECTION."

Stop. You're killing me!! It sure is funny watching you folks defend the defenseless.

Someone brought up the fact that Herman Cain's wife has been completely absent. Why?

Surely his advisers know that the little woman at his side when addressing the issue of allegations of infidelity, would work wonders in giving him some sense of credibility when defending himself.

November 9, 2011 at 12:08 p.m.
alprova said...

Fire_Obama wrote: "You CONVENIENTLY ignored the FACT that Republicans were in the minority."

I cited that fact in my post.

"If the Democrats had been all that supportive of it they would not have needed ANY Republicans."

And? The issue of civil rights for blacks divided this nation back then, just as the issues of abortion and gay marriage do today. In fact, many of the Democrats jumped fence to become Republicans after the passage of the Civil Rights Act was passed.

What does that tell you, in terms of which party supported the bill? It tells me a lot.

"The Republican MINORITY passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 over the objection of MANY Democrats."

And? The majority of the Democrats in both Houses supported and voted for the bill. It was never a Republican sponsored initiative, by any stretch of the imagination. You're skewing the truth to fit your weak agenda, in suggesting that the Republicans deserve the majority of the credit for the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

"Those are the TRUE FACTS."

True as they may be, they don't tell the whole story, now do they?

November 9, 2011 at 12:27 p.m.
Fire_Obama said...

Herman Cain's defense is his life, his honor and the way he has conducted himself over a life time. No matter how many bimbos you bring out to lie against him it does not change that. To the left if you repeat a lie enough times it must be true.

The truth is character trumps any number of unsubstantiated lies. You can bring hundreds of these women, I'm sure you can find at least a couple of hundred who have already sold their soul for much less than they could get for playing these parts.

His opponents want to eliminate what is obviously the biggest threat to the power base of BOTH Republican and Democrat institutional power structure.

It is in fact his honor and character that bother them the most. Until and unless the evidence is verified to the same standard as our courts require for legal conviction Herman Cain is by any measure innocent until proven guilty.

They attack the very thing they fear in him. I am proud of Herman Cain. I am glad he is not a professional politician. I'm grateful that he is not polished, that he does not have "handlers" protecting him, that he doesn't have a team in a dark room writing his teleprompter answers.

November 9, 2011 at 12:29 p.m.
limric said...

Ding ding ding – We have our crazy quote of the day. Special thanks to Fire Obama,aka as Sir Bedemere “The lie detector tests need to be on those bringing the allegations, not on Cain.” Awesome, simply awesome.

And what meaning do you expect your delusional statements of unknowing to have with us? That you’re delighted to prove to everyone that Idiocy is indeed an inherited trait in consevatards? What fantasy do you hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more weight than that of a rabid raccoon, spinning rabidly in a circle, waiting for the bite of an imaginary snake?

Whew, you’re crazier than…..DICK Cheney.

Life for Herman Cains accusers in Fire Obama world:

November 9, 2011 at 12:30 p.m.
Fire_Obama said...

Sorry Alprova, you won't win this one without LYING about it. The facts are these:

While these two important civil rights acts were signed into law under a Democratic President, it was the Republicans in Congress who made possible the passage of these Acts, for even though the Democrats controlled both Houses by wide margins, they still could not garner enough of their own votes to pass the bills. In fact, in the House, only 61% of the Democrats voted for the Civil Rights Act (152 for, 96 against) while 80% of Republicans voted for it (138 for, 38 against).

In the Senate, only 69% of Democrats voted for the Act (46 for, 21 against) while 82% of Republicans did (27 for, 6 against).

The Truth is... The passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965 would not have been possible without the strong, cohesive support of the Republicans. In fact, all Southern Democrats voted against the Civil Rights Act, including Sen. Al Gore, Sr., who voted with the Southern Democrats against civil rights whenever the occasion arose.

November 9, 2011 at 12:43 p.m.
Fire_Obama said...

I hereby accuse Limric of being a murder, a bank robber and a sexual predator. Since I am the one bringing the charges I must be telling the truth so I do not need a lie detector test, but since I am accusing HIM he needs to pass a lie detector test or go directly to jail without any need for a trial, jury or judge.

Is that what you think Limric? Really?

November 9, 2011 at 12:50 p.m.
alprova said...

Fire_Obama wrote: "Herman Cain's defense is his life, his honor and the way he has conducted himself over a life time. No matter how many bimbos you bring out to lie against him it does not change that."

You're in complete denial of the man's weak, weak defense. One or two women -- sure...I could see your point. But the count stands at five with more to come, according to the press.

"To the left if you repeat a lie enough times it must be true."

That distinction only applies to those who lie often, and the last time I checked, those who lie do so without any political affiliation preferences whatsoever.

"The truth is character trumps any number of unsubstantiated lies."

In my humble opinion, Herman Cain's character is in dire need of a makeover. He'll be back on the air in Atlanta before you can shake a stick.

"You can bring hundreds of these women, I'm sure you can find at least a couple of hundred who have already sold their soul for much less than they could get for playing these parts."

You so easily dismiss their claims. Do you think it is easy to admit in front of an entire nation that a lonely old man tried to get a young attractive blond woman in the sack?

"His opponents want to eliminate what is obviously the biggest threat to the power base of BOTH Republican and Democrat institutional power structure."

Politico outed Herman Cain, after allowing the man ten days to respond to the allegations, before they posted them. The information that Politico posted supposedly came from someone who was then associated with Herman Cain at the NRA.

No less than two of those incidents have been confirmed to have happened, one of which was confirmed by Cain himself.

To blame anyone but Herman Cain is laughable. To suggest that he is above reproach is pathetic. But then, Cain himself seems to be suffering the most pathetic case of losing one's memory of his past.

"It is in fact his honor and character that bother them the most."

Are you blind and deaf?

"Until and unless the evidence is verified to the same standard as our courts require for legal conviction Herman Cain is by any measure innocent until proven guilty."

The more he denies what happened, the more likely that such evidence will come out. This is not going to die, like it is.

"They attack the very thing they fear in him. I am proud of Herman Cain. I am glad he is not a professional politician. I'm grateful that he is not polished, that he does not have "handlers" protecting him, that he doesn't have a team in a dark room writing his teleprompter answers."

Oh please. Why don't you just admit the fact that you approve of the man because he's a cock-hound and you want to emulate him.

November 9, 2011 at 12:53 p.m.
Fire_Obama said...

Wise cracks are not evidence. Repeating accusations IS NOT EVIDENCE. The fact that you believe it possible to do a character "makeover" proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that you have NO idea what the word means or what the concept is.

November 9, 2011 at 1:03 p.m.
Fire_Obama said...

Let's just be honest here folks...

This whole attack on Herman Cain is RACISM STRAIGHT UP.

Look at the "CARTOON" at the top of this page and tell me it is not RACIST?

November 9, 2011 at 1:11 p.m.
alprova said...

Fire_Obama wrote: "Sorry Alprova, you won't win this one without LYING about it."

What lie have I posted? I stand ready to verify each and every fact that I have presented.

"While these two important civil rights acts were signed into law under a Democratic President, it was the Republicans in Congress who made possible the passage of these Acts, for even though the Democrats controlled both Houses by wide margins, they still could not garner enough of their own votes to pass the bills."

The bill was introduced by the Democrats. The bill was forwarded and made it's way through both Houses by none other than key Democrats who took it under their wing.

The best you can say is that it was passed with bi-partisan support. I don't deny that at all. It was the right thing to do.

But, at no time did a Republican co-sponsor the bill, nor was it ever at any time considered to be a Republican initiative.

"In fact, in the House, only 61% of the Democrats voted for the Civil Rights Act (152 for, 96 against) while 80% of Republicans voted for it (138 for, 38 against). In the Senate, only 69% of Democrats voted for the Act (46 for, 21 against) while 82% of Republicans did (27 for, 6 against)."

And where does anything I posted differ from the above? I posted that more Democrats voted against the bill than Republicans. More total Democrats voted FOR the bill.

Oh...I see. You're referring to percentages of each within their own party who voted for the bill. So what? As I stated before, many of those THEN Democrats became Republicans after the vote.

You might have a point to be made, had the bill been a Republican initiative, but it wasn't, not then and certainly not now. At any rate, your claim has about zero relevance to today, given the propensity for Republicans to vote unanimously in opposition to anything the Democrats propose.

November 9, 2011 at 1:16 p.m.
alprova said...

Fire_Obama wrote: "This whole attack on Herman Cain is RACISM STRAIGHT UP."

Oh brother.

"Look at the "CARTOON" at the top of this page and tell me it is not RACIST?"

You're embarrassing yourself now. Here's a newsflash: Herman Cain, believe it or not, is black. Nobody strung him up with a noose around his neck.

He did that all by his lonesome, or did you not watch his news conference yesterday?

Why do I even bother? The man will never be nominated.

November 9, 2011 at 1:23 p.m.
MTJohn said...

Let's be honest here, folks. Those who have Rushed (pardon the mixed metaphor) to Cain's defense are following Cain's example. They are hanging themselves with their own fallacies.

November 9, 2011 at 1:30 p.m.
Fire_Obama said...

Alprova...

Look at that cartoon again. Put the President's caricature in it, or Al Sharpton's, Jessie Jackson's or any other Black Democrat and tell me that the cartoon would not be racist then?

Talk about HYPOCRISY.

November 9, 2011 at 1:34 p.m.
MTJohn said...

F_O - the "fact" that makes this cartoon racist is the implied reference to a "high tech lynching of an uppity black". Clarence Thomas said that of himself and Herman Cain borrowed the rhetoric. I'm not aware that the President or Jessie Jackson or Al Sharpton have ever used lynching language to describe the way that they have been criticized by their political opponents.

November 9, 2011 at 1:44 p.m.
Fire_Obama said...

MTJOHN, Just keep making excuses for the morons. It would be racist if it were not a conservative and you know it.

I'm sure you'll dismiss this but a veteran journalist and CBS anchor Bill Kurtis on WLS saying that Herman Cain’s accuser, Sharon Bialek, is a former CBS employee with a “track record.” Given her checkered past, a chuckling Kurtis posited that Bialek‘s and Cain’s roles in the alleged car-incident could even have been reversed.

Some of Kurtis’ observations on Bialek were as follows:

“She has a history.”

“There is a lot more to this story.”

“I can assure you that there will be far more to this story.”

“Let’s put Herman or Sharon in the car and say their roles may even have been reversed, given her track record here.”

Bialek worked for CBS radio station WCKG from 2006-2007.

Now, that I believe.
And have as much right to accept it without evidence as you do the allegations against Herman Cain.

November 9, 2011 at 1:54 p.m.
alprova said...

Fire_Obama wrote: "Look at that cartoon again. Put the President's caricature in it, or Al Sharpton's, Jessie Jackson's or any other Black Democrat and tell me that the cartoon would not be racist then?"

If any of those men were put into that cartoon with no reason for doing so, then yes, it might be racist.

But then, neither the President, Al Sharpton, or Jessie Jackson is currently being accused of having sexually harassed five women, and none of them have offered such a poor defense regarding their accusations in front of an entire nation.

"Talk about HYPOCRISY."

Do you even know the meaning of the word?

November 9, 2011 at 1:57 p.m.
Fire_Obama said...

Well I do understand that "HYPOCRISY" is a word that liberals think ONLY they are allowed to use. One that can only be applied to conservatives and never to themselves. So I understand why you believe I do not understand or appreciate the rules regarding the use of the word.

It is just that I don't care what your rules are... If the shoe fits.... WEAR IT.

November 9, 2011 at 2:02 p.m.
Fire_Obama said...

Referencing Jesse Jackson, when was he NOT being accused of sexual impropriety. Only with HIM there is actual love child to prove it and STILL he is venerated at a CIVIL RIGHTS LEADER.

I am sorry, Civil Rights Starts at HOME. If you have to point at people who have NO HONOR as leaders you need new leaders.

And don't bother pointing out Republicans who have done the same thing, unless you can show me one who remains in office after wards and continues to be held in high esteem for decades later.

November 9, 2011 at 2:17 p.m.
mtngrl said...

Well Fire_Obama, since you think you understand hypocrisy then you must have defended Clinton, Edwards, Wiener and all of others who were accused as vehemently as you are defending Cain up until the point their accusations were proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

November 9, 2011 at 2:19 p.m.
mtngrl said...

"And don't bother pointing out Republicans who have done the same thing, unless you can show me one who remains in office after wards and continues to be held in high esteem for decades later."

... as Newt stands ready to replace Cain as the anyone-but-Romney candidate....

November 9, 2011 at 2:27 p.m.
Fire_Obama said...

None of these men had a life time of Character to point to as a body of evidence in their favor. However, I did not raise my voice (or keyboard) against them because I did not have proof. If I had a RUSH TO JUDGMENT about them you would be correct to call me a hypocrite. Can you say the same? Time is the best judge. Repeating unfounded rumors is wrong. People of CHARACTER don't do it. The Bible says "Be sure, your sins will find you out". Daylight and time are the best judges. You can call me a liar, it won't bother me because I know the truth. If my late wife of 24 years were here she could vouch for me.

November 9, 2011 at 2:29 p.m.
limric said...

Well then Fire_Obama,

Hmm.. Well- let’s look at OllieH’s reported facts. “First he blamed the liberal media for targeting him. Then it was the Perry campaign that was out to get him. After that it was Mitt Romney. Today, it was the Democrat 'machine' that was trying to take him down.”
Or how about Mtngrl’s “which Cain is it you believe? The one that says he does not remember any of this and it is all fabricated? Or the one that stated he told Curt Anderson about the sexual harassment charges in 2003 while accusing him of passing that information on to the Perry campaign?”

Hell tomorrow he’ll be blaming Arabs – cause they hate his freedom. Sound like there might be reason to wonder if old Hermy might skirting the truth...just a tad?

Quotes: “Many women are serial filers of complaints.” “Firing Obama will be like playing a country music song in reverse.” “ Herman Cain's defense is his life, his honor and the way he has conducted himself over a life time.” Dude…you can’t be serious. If you are, people like Alprova, Mtngrl, OlleiH or Blackwater will roll over you like an M1 Abrams tank over an Iraqi insurgent. OH LOOK – Here they come now!!

You ask, “Is that what you think Limric? Really?” Based on just your above statements, what I really think is that it is you that are the racist and you’re really quite the sexist. But reading your posts is like watching a dog run around the back yard barking at air and I must admit, rather amusing.

November 9, 2011 at 2:31 p.m.
mtngrl said...

"None of these men had a life time of Character to point to as a body of evidence in their favor. "

Please point to this body of evidence of Cain's character.

November 9, 2011 at 2:34 p.m.
Fire_Obama said...

If you don't believe there is a body of evidence in favor if Herman Cain it is because you have been listening to people repeating unsubstantiated accusations about him.

The body of evidence in the favor of any man or woman is their life. What do people who know them say about them. The people who have known Herman Cain the longest have nothing bad to say about him. Even if they don't agree with him in many areas. The people Herman Cain has had around himself the longest continue to stand up for him as a person. Herman did not volunteer who he thought was behind these attacks, he was trapped into pointing fingers, that was a mistake, but "he who is without sin cast the first stone." Everyone here trying to trap me are hypocrites... All of you have convicted Herman Cain without a shred of evidence. Yet you would be the first to cry foul if the same standard were applied against you or your candidates.
That is HYPOCRISY.

November 9, 2011 at 2:47 p.m.
ibshame said...

Fire_ Obama wrote: "If my late wife of 24 years were here she could vouch for me."

I pointed this out earlier today but I'll say it again, Where is Mrs. Cain and her defense of her husband? Why hasn't she made a public statement in support of her husband? Hillary Clinton stood by her husband, Elliot Spitzer wife stood by him even when he admitted he had hired a call girl. Clarence Thomas's wife stood by him. Where is Mrs. Cain? That says volumes. Is she going to stand by him or is she going to dump him the way Elizabeth Edwards dumped her husband when the truth was finally told or the way the wife of that former S.C. governor finally dumped him? Why hasn't Mrs. Cain come forward to denounce all of this after 43 years of marriage? I keep waiting to see her standing beside him but so far the only person standing beside him has been a lawyer. LOL

November 9, 2011 at 2:49 p.m.
Fire_Obama said...

I think you should ask Hillary Clinton if sexual escapades are any kind of reason to disqualify a person from office. Oh wait, you don't have to ask her, she already said it during the campaign.

No one, other than Herman Cain's wife herself has a right demand she be anywhere and do anything. Asserting that unless a person does what you think they should must mean they are not supportive is absurd. You are putting words in someone's mouth and you have NO RIGHT to do that.

Being a man of character and honor he would want to protect his wife. Just because you haven't experience anyone like that in your life does not mean they don't exist. It just means you may want to consider changing who you associate with.

November 9, 2011 at 2:58 p.m.
onetinsoldier said...

Herman Cain can now practice what he preaches. Blame yourself Herman.

November 9, 2011 at 3:03 p.m.
ibshame said...

Fire_Obama wrote: "Look at that cartoon again. Put the President's caricature in it, or Al Sharpton's, Jessie Jackson's or any other Black Democrat and tell me that the cartoon would not be racist then?"

Last year prior to the election, in just about every tea party protest there were individuals parading around with pictures of President Obama that could certainly be labled as racist and inappropriate. Some were even threatening. Herman Cain is the one who alluded to his situation as a high tech lynching. He is the one who put the noose around his own neck when he failed to tell the truth from the start of this debacle and then had to back track to cover his lies. Had he told the truth from the very beginning it would be old news now. No one made him lie. He took a chance and got caught, plain and simple. Maybe he thought no one would find out or if they did it would be too late to do anything about it. Like Sarah Palin, he rolled the dice and came up the loser. It's over for him. There are honorable Republicans, there are honorable Black Republicans, but Herman Cain is not one of them. If he had been he would have told the truth from the beginning.

November 9, 2011 at 3:04 p.m.
limric said...

Fire_Obama,

It is YOU who have made accusations. It is YOU that attack peoples observations/comments and defend a tenuous stand with nothing less than Hermy's vaporous honor and a "Trust me" It is YOU that obscures and deflects.

Answer ibshames question or STFU!! You imbecile.

November 9, 2011 at 3:13 p.m.
Fire_Obama said...

Where is your substantiated proof for your assertion that Herman Cain is not a man of honor? Not "he said, she said".
Same is true of the Tea Party. Though the "Tea Party" is not controlled by anyone. Anyone can come, any one can bring signs and your side did. They took pictures they wanted to show to discredit the movement. They made false accusations about the group as a whole. How do I know? I was there. I've seen it with my own eyes. I have never met anyone in the Tea Party who was a racist. I have seen people come to Tea Party functions with tee shirts and signs that were racist, and without fail they have been surrounded, asked to remove the item or leave. I was a Marshal at 828, when we left the place was by far cleaner than it was when we arrived. When the left departed it's gatherings the images on the news were not so kind. You can dismiss the truth, but it does not change the fact that it is still the truth. This is NO GAME we are the generation that will plunge this nation into a darkness from which it may never return or correct the course and allow us all to live up to our own individual potential.

I am done for today folks. Got work to do. God Bless. I am praying for you all.

November 9, 2011 at 3:25 p.m.
mtngrl said...

you never answered my question: “which Cain is it you believe? The one that says he does not remember any of this and it is all fabricated? Or the one that stated he told Curt Anderson about the sexual harassment charges in 2003 while accusing him of passing that information on to the Perry campaign?”

What "man of honor" would make such opposing statements?

And to fully believe Cain while fully discrediting the women accusing him is disingenuous, if not downright sexist.

November 9, 2011 at 3:48 p.m.
chet123 said...

FIREOBAMA,MTNGIRL,LUMPY,LIVIN4LIFE,BOBMIKE,WALDEN,BIGRIDGEPAT, KHARGIS,MYMY..I have only one thing to say...WHINEEEEEEEEEEE!...HA HA H A HA HA..Let me give you republicans a lesson....since you think you know everything(but are dumb as a barn yarn hen and stubborn as a plow mule)You think you are expert on black people HA HA HA HA ....you have been bamboozle by OLD HERMAN ha ha ha...Listen very careful....whenever you promote someone...please find out if he is respected in his own community, family and race....atleast do your home-work....and stop goose-stepping like a bunch of clones...your party look like fools.......i have never heard anybody from his community or family....not even his wife say anything positive about HERMAN CAIN but HERMAN CAIN speaking about his self in a THIRD PERSON manner as a great man....PLEASE take note republicans...have you ever heard his wife say anything positive about him....he speak for her(what a control freak)...HERMAN CAIN care about noone but HERMAN CAIN...he is a bull-headed,self-loving,domineering,egotistical,narcissistic phony who is bank rolled by the KOCH brothers....This is why the republicans cant governed..

MYMY ...you said if Cain was a Democrat, can you imagine how these LOONS would be defending him(sounds logic to me)

But MYMY....do you have memory problems hmmmmm hmmmmm...With Bill Clinton...was it not the republican leading the charge to impeach him....also paying paula jones to do interveiws hmmmm hmmmmmm my good friend your party have always been SEX DETECTIVE ha ha ha until one of your republican buddy is in a scandle then you want a free-pass...ha ha ha ...you are so thin-skinned....take it like a man ha ha ....your party is thin-skinned ha ha ha ....the whole world is laughing at you.......and your boy HERMAN(willie lychn) CAIN is unraveling......the OLD MAN is about to crack....CAIN have a major character flaw(women and lack of respect for them...hes an old pimp)ha ha ha

Dumble...i dont agree with your assessment about church Moral...the church is paid off....christian priciple is great...but the church cherry pick issues....the church peach pro-life but you dont see them protecting poor children school lunch cut(they cant help it if parent are sorrow or have lost their jobs)the church talk about the bible but they are sileace to the fact the greedy talk against greed...and god have destroyed nations and punish people for their greed,,,,,the church argue in favor of virtue of the TEN COMMANDMENT but you see christian and church baring false witness against their neighbor(bore face lie.) Christian have lost their salt....but i will say this about you dumble....you are consistent in your comment about candidates

November 9, 2011 at 3:52 p.m.
MickeyRat said...

"I am done for today folks. Got work to do. Yea like beat your wife! God Bless. I am praying for you all." I'll just bet you are. Jesus heals hearts - "Prey".

November 9, 2011 at 3:59 p.m.
mtngrl said...

Chet, how on earth did I get included in that first sentence of yours?

November 9, 2011 at 4:10 p.m.
chet123 said...

TO ALL POSTERS...PLEASE OMIT FROM MY NOV.9TH 3:52PM COMMENT...THE NAME ...MTNGIRL....

MTNGIRL IS FIRST CLASS......SHE IS A WISE LADY WITH LOTS OF WISDOM....MY ERROR!!!!

SORRY MTNGIRL......I OWE YOU LUNCH!

November 9, 2011 at 4:25 p.m.
mtngrl said...

Thanks Chet, it is so nice to see someone actually correct themselves here when in error. We shall see if Fire_Obama has the guts to do the same.

November 9, 2011 at 4:35 p.m.

Herman Cain wasn't going to matter in the 2012 election, anyway. But the rush to judgement by the Dems has been akin to watching the Keystone Cops.

Whatever happended to "sex is just sex" back when ol' Slick Wilie was manipulating 22 year olds in the Oval Office? Mmmhum.

Clay, another predictable cartoon in poor taste.

Nothing new here, folks.

November 9, 2011 at 4:36 p.m.
mtngrl said...

"Whatever happended to "sex is just sex" back when ol' Slick Wilie was manipulating 22 year olds in the Oval Office? Mmmhum"

Please show where Monica filed a harassment suit against Clinton. The key word mentioned in multiple posts above is Consent.

November 9, 2011 at 4:40 p.m.
jesse said...

Newt startin to look better and better!!lol!

maybe a write in for paul page??

November 9, 2011 at 4:47 p.m.
jimbob said...

me thinks sea monkey has returned as Fire_ Obama.Must be off his meds again.

November 9, 2011 at 4:49 p.m.
potcat said...

Cain is hanging himself, just keep pulling on the rope Herman, its OVER! Most Women never report Harassment of any sort, wonder Why? I can only tell you that when you do speak up, which i was never intending to do, although it stayed in my life every day. When i did say something about it to this Papper, after 6 yrs.I was ignored and know nothing about what went down. I do know this, someone he worked with knew about it. Its either condone at this Papper or has been covered up or he's lied about it, i really want to know if he or someone else told the Truth, i want to know,they have my address, because he did, i was even followed to work!

November 9, 2011 at 5 p.m.
potcat said...

i wrote in paragraphs and it did not post that way.

November 9, 2011 at 5:03 p.m.
lumpy said...

It wasn't just Monica Lewinski, it was string of women. For some reason their claims were pretty much ignored by the media and hypocrites and political whores like Gloria Allred.

November 9, 2011 at 5:12 p.m.
chet123 said...

BOOKIETURNERSGHOST.....DO YOUR MIRROR give reflections AT YOUR HOME...BECAUSE you cant see yourself...who are you to tell democrats what to say..who do you think you are????..are your party crazy???...or just thin-skinned!!...you republican lead the charge against Bill Clinton....talking about his marriage and sex life for 8years....republican paid women to come foward(paula jones)...the republican did that..but that was ok!!!democrats took it like a champ....its an old saying bookie...that saying is what goes around come around ha ha ..how convenient for you to have a case of amnesia..i'm here to help you recant your memory.....i'm going help you to remember that you had a special prosecutor to investigate A sitting President personal life(KEN STARR)

NOW, You have the bald face gall to advise democrats about rush to judgement...BUDDY WHATS YOUR PROBLEM!!!!....your problems is that you are thin-skinned...I say to you....TAKE IT LIKE A MAN! TAKE IT LIKE A MAN!...The democrats did!,,,,stop being a coward bookie...stop crying....you pick a reject for a front-runner ha ha ha ...the democrats wouldnt have him ha ha ha ....

November 9, 2011 at 5:13 p.m.
chet123 said...

Listen to LUMPY lie ha ha ha .....the claims were ignored ha ha what a liar ha ha ha....Republican tried to impeach a sitting Presiddent ha ha ha ....Democrats just didnt cry like republicans are doing now...LUMPY dont you know people around the world read these comments. They see you have no credibility HA HA!

You and your republican party have been bamboozle by Herman Cain. You too Stupid to see Cain is bringing down your whole party. What a shame!!!

November 9, 2011 at 5:24 p.m.
chet123 said...

The Republican showed no respect for President Clinton calling him slick willie instead of president clinton...they have shown on respect for President Obama instead calling him Obama even in private setting....calling the president a lair while hes addressing the Nation....but that alright!!!!....because the Democrats knows that what goes around comes around ha ha ha ha

November 9, 2011 at 5:35 p.m.
tipper said...

The Republican presidential campaign and its candidates are like a skit from Saturday Night Live. Herman's the featured comedian now.

November 9, 2011 at 6:34 p.m.
dude_abides said...

We should withhold judgement on Spermin' Herman until he takes a polygraph test like he said he would. He is innocent until proven guilty of chasing blondes and basically extorting carnal pleasures from them. I don't care how far up her skirt he did or didn't put his hand until he exercises his option to clear his name by taking that polygraph. I mean, we've (us married men) all told women that they are the same height as our wives, haven't we? The FOUR women that have accused him all know each other, right? I will admit he's made contradictory statements about his memory before and after he forgot, but he should not be tried in the court of public opinion. Screw the public and their opinion. I'm sure that investigators will exonerate him by finding out that he didn't upgrade the Chicago hotel room of Ms. Bialek, the woman he doesn't, for the life of him, remember ever having met. I think it's great that you conservative posters are willing to defend his right to have liberal amounts of money given to nonvictims of his nonsexual nonharassment.

November 9, 2011 at 6:37 p.m.
shen said...

Republicans have no one to blame but themselves. They're the ones who have been running on a ticket of family values, morals and "Christian" beliefs and the same breath accusing anyone who disagree with them as being morally bankrupt and without any "Christian" or other values. They attacked teen sexual behavior and unwed teen mothers as belonging only to the leftist liberal side until Bristol Palin and the defective condom proved otherwise. Then all of a sudden the subject of teen pregnancy slipped quietly away. They're all tumbling down like lined up dominos. They brought it all upon themselves.

November 9, 2011 at 7:31 p.m.
Oz said...

On his radio program Tuesday, Mark Levin aired a clip of veteran journalist and CBS anchor Bill Kurtis on WLS saying that Herman Cain’s accuser, Sharon Bialek, is a former CBS employee with a “track record.” Given her checkered past, a chuckling Kurtis posited that Bialek‘s and Cain’s roles in the alleged car-incident could even have been reversed.

Some of Kurtis’ observations on Bialek were as follows:

“She has a history.” “There is a lot more to this story.” “I can assure you that there will be far more to this story.” On his radio program Tuesday, Mark Levin aired a clip of veteran journalist and CBS anchor Bill Kurtis on WLS saying that Herman Cain’s accuser, Sharon Bialek, is a former CBS employee with a “track record.” Given her checkered past, a chuckling Kurtis posited that Bialek‘s and Cain’s roles in the alleged car-incident could even have been reversed.

Some of Kurtis’ observations on Bialek were as follows:

“She has a history.” “There is a lot more to this story.” “I can assure you that there will be far more to this story.” “Let’s put Herman or Sharon in the car and say their roles may even have been reversed, given her track record here.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/veteran-anchor-bill-kurtis-says-bialek-was-former-cbs-employee-with-a-track-record-hers-and-cains-roles-may-even-have-been-reversed-in-car/

November 9, 2011 at 7:50 p.m.
DarkSky said...

What I don't understand is how did Cain make it so far in the Republican Party? Did the Republican Party quit vetting potential presidential candidates? Who thought it was a good idea for Cain to run with his past (sealed) record? Did Cain think he was untouchable?

Is it like Limric said, ( I think it was Limric) that the powers-that-be have chosen a republican candidate and the rest is a dog and pony show? Cause that's what the Rebublican presidential race is shaping up to be, a circus.

November 9, 2011 at 8:02 p.m.
Oz said...

Cain should have come clean about the settlements in his past on the first day of his campaign. It would not be an issue now.

November 9, 2011 at 8:25 p.m.
fiberopguy said...

My god the dude kinda sounds a bit on the racist side to me. Comparing himself to a black walnut!!! A damn nut to compare yourself to realllly? Thats the junk going for the presidency . He should stick to making pizza or something and let the big boys run the country.

November 9, 2011 at 9:01 p.m.
lumpy said...

I'm not sure if you're retarded, chet, or you're pretending to be.

My point was where were the feminists and liberals amid the many solid questions regarding Bill Clinton's past regarding women. He was accused of much more than sexual harassment. There is very much a double standard. Monica Lewinski was just one incident. Why wasn't Gloria Allred there for the woman who accused Bill Clinton of rape? She has no problem standing up for these women who are accusing Cain of harrassment, but why not for the woman who accused Clinton of rape? Some accusations are worth standing up for, but not others?

Purely a political hit job.

From what I've read of these women, I don't see any reason to take their word over his. None at all.

By the way, congratulations to the people of Ohio for rejecting the health insurance mandate, a.k.a Obamascare

November 9, 2011 at 9:16 p.m.
rolando said...

The rope was made in Chicago, of course. Of thrice smoked hemp...a favorite of that crowd.

This is an example of exactly why The Obama first won the Senate primary election, then became the winner of the main election...by lying, vilifying, and trashing his opponents with false innuendo and accusations without a truthful basis.

He is still at it. In all cases, he had -- and has -- a totally and willfully blind media protecting his backside. Their main aim here is to eliminate The Obama's only claim for re-election -- if you don't vote for him, you are a racist. Question is, which half is being discriminated against.

He's just a mulatto in any case...unless he subscribes to the old slave-holders thesis that "one drop of black blood makes a man 100% black". Strangely enough, the Nazis had a similar belief...but then, they were socialists, too.

November 9, 2011 at 9:25 p.m.
DarkSky said...

Hey Lumpy, this is about Cain, not Clinton.

From what I've read of Cain, I don't see any reason to take his word over theirs. None at all.

BTW, congrats to the people of Ohio for overwhelmingly rejecting the law limiting the bargaining abilities of more than 350,000 teachers, firefighters, police officers and other public workers.

November 9, 2011 at 9:35 p.m.
rolando said...

I find Bennett's "cartoon" here quite offensive.

There is absolutely nothing funny about lampooning a black man being lynched, regardless of the circumstance.

This so-called cartoon is obscene, in my opinion.

I strongly object to the TFP executive staff's approval of 1930s-era actions to put down a black man...a 100% black man at that, not a pretender.

November 9, 2011 at 9:42 p.m.
aidehua said...

Congrats Clay on becoming such a favorite for the Center for American Progress - as left-wing a think tank as exists anywhere in the US. Run by John Podesta and funded by the Nazi-sympathizer George Soros - you've made the big-time. Too bad your politics stink to high heaven. I'm saddened that so many Chattanoogans seem to agree with your partisan, racist and Marxist perspective. But again, congratulations on selling your soul to such a high bidder as George Soros!

November 9, 2011 at 9:50 p.m.
dude_abides said...

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Rick Perry for the chance to watch him self-immolate and change careers right before my eyes. It's been real fun Rick, and that finale was one of the best examples of the conservative mind at work that I've ever seen. Hit the road you racist piece of sh!t. I sentence you to 30 minutes in the shower with Cain and Sandusky.

November 9, 2011 at 10:07 p.m.
shen said...

rolando said... This is an example of exactly why The Obama first won the Senate primary election, then became the winner of the main election...by lying, vilifying, and trashing his opponents with false innuendo and accusations without a truthful basis

The bean spilling didn't come from Obama, liberals or any dems. It came from the GOP side. They're imploding. They're devouring one another.

lumpy said... Bill Clinton's past regarding women. He was accused of much more than sexual harassment. There is very much a double standard. Monica Lewinski

You forget, lumpy. Monica Lewinsky specifically stated she was going to the White House to earn her "presidential kneepads"_. She wasn't being sexuallly harrased. She was the one doing the harrassing and chasing. Clinton just didn't try very hard to run away.

November 10, 2011 at 1:26 a.m.
rolando said...

Yeah, shen. Right. Look up the name of The Obama's hatchet man...he is and was involved in all his elections.

I forget the name of the woman Clinton groped in a WH hallway just days after her husband died, but his action was certainly not due to anything on her part. Nor are any of the other women at fault for his molesting them in one way or another during his political career. Fact remains; you consider a Democrat's dipping a cigar into a woman's vagina then smoking it to be less offensive and demeaning toward women than a false charge of sexual harassment against a Republican. Typical Democrat viewpoint, that.

But that's OK in your mind...because Slick Willie was just a Democrat with weak morals and that kind of action is expected of them.

November 10, 2011 at 5:45 a.m.
chet123 said...

Rolando....was hoping you wouldnt forget since you lead a mob to destroy Bill Clinton....nuts like you wasted 8 years being to sex detctive....now you want the media to be quiet ha ha ha ha.....you and the republican party is SICK with hate.....you got an old black man who dont even have the support of his community or family.....Herman Cain is for Herman Cain....your party and herman cain deserve each other HA HA HA

November 10, 2011 at 12:20 p.m.
Rufus_T_Firefly said...

One of the Confederacy of Dunces will eventually be the Republican Nominee for President.

Sadly

November 13, 2011 at 1:42 p.m.
Rufus_T_Firefly said...

aidehua,

Operative word in your tirade. Progress.

Hate. You expressed Hate better than I've seen it expressed in many non American countries.

You do it well!

Thanks.

November 13, 2011 at 1:47 p.m.
chet123 said...

AIDEHUA....you said something about George Soros----SO WHAT!!!! ha ha ha...you republican always looking to create a boogie man ha ha ha ha boooooooo! ha ha ha ha....you got a lot of nerve.....with all though neo-con think tank your party have ha ha......being bank rolled by the rich and greedy like the KOCK BROTHER.....a brother from another mother HA HA HA......keep throwing stone in that GLASS HOUSE of yours ha ha ha...maybe you should go back to FOX NEWS and Rush Limbaugh and ask for help......You and Your party is a Joke!!!! Your time is winding out! ha ha ha....SCARED??

November 14, 2011 at 8:37 p.m.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.