published Monday, January 2nd, 2012

Teen leaves stove on, sparks house fire in Dallas Bay

7222 Fairbanks Road
Get directions:  To here - From here

Unattended grease on a stove caused a house fire tonight with damages estimated at $30,000 but no injuries, according to a news release.

Neighbors of a Dallas Bay resident called 911 when they noticed fire coming out of the kitchen window of the house on 7222 Fairbanks Road.

Firefighters extinguished the fire and were able to contain it to the kitchen and living room area, according to the release from Hamilton County Emergency Medical Servics. The rest of the home had smoke and minor water damage.

Marcus Fritts, chief of the Dallas Bay Volunteer Fire Department, said in the release the homeowner wasn’t home and the grandson, age 17, had been frying food on the stove, then left the house later without turning it off.

about Staff Report...

Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.