published Saturday, July 7th, 2012

The Rationale

about Clay Bennett...

The son of a career army officer, Bennett led a nomadic life, attending ten different schools before graduating in 1980 from the University of North Alabama with degrees in Art and History. After brief stints as a staff artist at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the Fayetteville (NC) Times, he went on to serve as the editorial cartoonist for the St. Petersburg Times (1981-1994) and The Christian Science Monitor (1997-2007), before joining the staff of the ...

97
Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.
Wayfarer said...

True. :-)

July 7, 2012 at 12:28 a.m.
Walden said...

Precisely why Barack Hussein Obama actually has a fighting chance of being re-elected.

July 7, 2012 at 12:46 a.m.
carlB said...

Apparently the Republicans voters do not care whether their candidates are stubid or ignorant on what to do if they get elected? All they want them to do is follow the guidance of what the party leaders want them to do, with a yes or NO. The TN voters need to vote democratic for the well qualified Denocratic cabdidatic candidates and get rid of the "stale mate"

July 7, 2012 at 1:47 a.m.
fairmon said...

carlB, there is no argument the republicans aren't offering much in the 3rd congressional district but who are the well qualified democrats? Stalemate may be the best situation we can have. The less government does with less government intervention the better off we are in most cases. When I see people like Waters from California and Shulman from NY talking and being influential it is frightening to think what other ignorance there must be throughout congress. It is obvious both parties are tightly controlled by a power base within the party with no individual representation of the consensus of the people in the district being served.

The premise of voting them all out will never work since most people seem to think theirs is OK but all the others need replacing.

July 7, 2012 at 5:32 a.m.
fairmon said...

Ignorance is curable but stupidity is not is applicable to a large number of members of congress and to those who put them there.

July 7, 2012 at 5:35 a.m.
AndrewLohr said...

Which is your problem, liberals?

Nastiness? Pride? (Pride, as in: we and our bureaucrats know more about your health care than you and your doctor know, and more about your finances than you and your banker, so we run your health care and health insurance for you.)

July 7, 2012 at 6:03 a.m.
MTJohn said...

harp3339 said..."Ignorance is curable but stupidity is not is applicable to a large number of members of congress and to those who put them there."

Harp - in this country, the "stupid" are allowed to vote. I don't have a problem with that. I do have a problem with candidates and the machines behind them that focus their campaigns on manipulating the "stupid". We, the people, have a bad habit of preferring candidates who tell us the lies that we want to hear over the candidates who tell us the truth that we need to hear. And, there are plenty of politicos who are more than willing to exploit that flaw in our character for purposes other than a genuine commitment to public service.

July 7, 2012 at 6:18 a.m.
degage said...

MT, you talking about the people supporting Obama? Now I call that stupid. The man dosn"t know how to tell the truth. Only the stupid would believe him.

July 7, 2012 at 7 a.m.
conservative said...

Owebama in a campaign speech yesterday told his sheep that the worse than expected jobs report was a "step in the right direction". Is this ignorance or stupidity?

I wouldn't be surprised if there are booths set up at these rallies to sign up even more of his followers for food stamps.

July 7, 2012 at 7:26 a.m.
Reardon said...

When stupid, uninformed people are allowed to vote, they make stupid, uninformed decisions.

But they are not "manipulated" -- no one forces their hand -- but they are influenced -- sold a bill of goods, if you will.

Truth is the vast majority of them stay home anyway on Election Day.

July 7, 2012 at 7:31 a.m.
dude_abides said...

Hey Andrew, are you gonna fulfill your clandestine klan-destiny in Lamar County? Those boys seem to know more about how to treat the Cross than me and my God!

July 7, 2012 at 8:43 a.m.
alprova said...

conservative wrote: "Owebama in a campaign speech yesterday told his sheep that the worse than expected jobs report was a "step in the right direction". Is this ignorance or stupidity?"

Neither.

The jobs report for the month of January 2009 indicated that 741,000 jobs were lost. Following that report, no one would argue that this was not a giant leap in the wrong direction.

Last month, the nation had a net gain of 80,000 jobs. Is it a number to celebrate? No, but a net gain in jobs during any month is definitely a step in the right direction.

"I wouldn't be surprised if there are booths set up at these rallies to sign up even more of his followers for food stamps."

Now that is a rather stupid and equally ignorant comment.

July 7, 2012 at 9:20 a.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

Clearly, the gentlemen are discussing Clay Bennett.

July 7, 2012 at 10:09 a.m.
riverman said...

Only in the liberal LaLa land that is the TFP Editorial page could someone who majored in drawing at Sand Mountain Directional School question the intelligence of someone who graduated Phi Beta Kappa from the University of Illinois and UT Law School and someone who graduated from Georgia Tech and has an MBA from Emory.

July 7, 2012 at 10:16 a.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

Putin pokes Obama in the eye to see how tough he is...

http://freebeacon.com/putins-july-4th-message/

July 7, 2012 at 10:30 a.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

BRP: Patton had the right idea about these bums 67+ years ago.

July 7, 2012 at 10:46 a.m.
miraweb said...

Yeah, RM, but lets see their Pulitzer Prizes.

Some good graphics out from the Bureau of Labor Statistics:

10 Year Unemployment Graph http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

BLS Unemployment map by states http://data.bls.gov/map/MapToolServlet?survey=la&map=state&seasonal=s

July 7, 2012 at 11:38 a.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

dude-abides: I never see any references to the Klan except from you and your ilk.

July 7, 2012 at 11:43 a.m.
jesse said...

hey jack,keep in mind that some folks are ignorant by choice!!

July 7, 2012 at 11:48 a.m.
tderng said...

The Obama administration are a bunch of pie in the sky amateurs when it comes to dealing with Russia. They are laughing behind their hands at Obama's reset. He is actually naive enough to believe that the Russians are not still our enemy.That they don't still have designs to be a (the) major world power. With his weakening of our defenses and nuclear capabilities he puts us all at risk.

Jack-Dennis you got that right.

July 7, 2012 at 11:52 a.m.
raygunz said...

tderng said..". With his(Obama's) weakening of our defenses and nuclear capabilities he puts us all at risk.

Could you give us some examples of that??

After all, the U.S. spends more on the military than the next 25 countries of the world COMBINED!

July 7, 2012 at 12:05 p.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

If it's not class-warfare, why does the exalted one keep harping on Romney's wealth? Hmmmm?

July 7, 2012 at 12:14 p.m.
tderng said...

raygunz... this one talks about a 810 million dollar cut for 2013 and 3.6 billion in cuts over the next five years. only for missile defense.

http://www.rollcall.com/news/michael-turner-proposed-missile-defense-cuts-reflect-obama-naivete-214113-1.html

this one talks about how Obama,in his 2008 campaign says he doesn't even agree with having a missile defense!

http://www.rollcall.com/news/michael-turner-proposed-missile-defense-cuts-reflect-obama-naivete-214113-1.html

July 7, 2012 at 12:19 p.m.
conservative said...

alprova :

From Reuters :

"Dismal hiring shows economy stuck in low gear U.S. employers hired at a dismal pace in June, raising pressure on the Federal Reserve to do more to boost the economy and dealing another setback to President Barack Obama's reelection bid."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/dismal-hiring-shows-economy-stuck-010706331.html

Also, the stock market fell 124 points after the disappointing jobs report.

Your personal insults are of no consequence to me, Liberals always resort to such when they lose the argument.

July 7, 2012 at 12:30 p.m.
rick1 said...

Al, you have claimed in the past that you are here to present the facts yet you refuse to accept the facts that Obama has been a failure on his economic policies.

In your 9:20am post you keep using the same old talking points but refuse to lookat the facts.

Remember Al, Obama said in 2009 with his stimulus bill unemployment would be at 5.6% right now. You seem to forget this when ever you defend Obama on his failed poilicies.

The number of unemployed persons is 12.7 million

8.2 million people are working part time because their hours had been cut back or because they were unable to find a full-time job.

About 7 million people have abandoned the job market.

5.4 million more workers have been unemployed 27 weeks or longer than there were at the recession's end in June 2009

The median length of unemployment is higher today than in June 2009.

Joblessness among new entrants to the workforce is 300,000 higher than three years ago.

The unemployment rate is at 8.2% yet the millions who have given up looking for work are not counted as unemployed. If you adjust for that change, today's unemployment rate would be 10.9%.

Job growth during the three-year Obama recovery has averaged just 75,000 a month for a total of 2.7 million. During the first three years of the Reagan Recovery, job growth averaged 273,000 a month for a total of 9.8 million. If you adjust for the larger U.S. population today, the Reagan Recovery averaged 360,000 jobs a month for a three-year total of 13 million jobs.

http://www.aei-ideas.org/2012/07/june-jobs-swoon-americas-labor-market-depression-continues/

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

http://news.investors.com/article/617363/201207061852/jobs-picture-worse-than-three-years-ago.htm

July 7, 2012 at 12:36 p.m.
rick1 said...

conservative, Al has some obsession with Obama and he would try to find a peanut in a turd if he thought it would make Obama look good.

July 7, 2012 at 12:39 p.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

Al seems smarter than the typical nanny-state, entitlement culture, gimme, gimme, gimme, suck on the gubment teat Democrat. And he's certainly old enough to know better. Come on, Al. Wise up, pal.

July 7, 2012 at 12:56 p.m.
conservative said...

rick1...

All Liberals are obsessed with Owebama and anyone else who will funnel other people's money to them whether directly or indirectly through a welfare program such as food stamps.

Speaking of food stamps, Nancy Pelosi's daughter recently had some very politically incorrect things to say about why the Demoncrats are losing ground.

Later, I will provide a link in which she interviews able bodied men who are on food stamps.

July 7, 2012 at 1:11 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Conservative,

All liberals aren't on welfare or food stamps or welfare. And for you to act like they are is moronic.

http://www.gq.com/news-politics/blogs/death-race/2012/02/there-are-so-many-people.html

July 7, 2012 at 1:24 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Rick1,

You must not have noticed but the only people bringing up Obama here are conservatives or Obama Bashers. You Obama Bashers like talking about him more than anyone. It's your religion. Even when the cartoon has nothing to do with Obama, you folks bring him up. You just can't help yourselves. You can't keep Obama's name, along with a few other things, out of your collective mouths.

July 7, 2012 at 1:28 p.m.
elk11060 said...

Easy does it 123! It's a national election cycle and everything and everyone concerning politics is fair game for comment.

Bennett is a very bright fellow, even if he is relentless in his left of left views. All our gentle commentators were doing was following the lead of the left. Obama is is the reason for the season.Toughen up, it's a long way to November.

July 7, 2012 at 1:37 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Elk,

I was addressing this statement:

"Al has some obsession with Obama"

You're reading my comments out of context. I know everything is fair game and I do not need to "toughen up". I was simply addressing a statement from another poster. You can't say that someone else has an obsession with Obama and not include yourself in that statement especially when you are the one on here talking about him 24/7.

"All our gentle commentators were doing was following the lead of the left."

That is false. The first statement on this thread about Obama was from an Obama Basher. I rest my case.

July 7, 2012 at 1:42 p.m.
conservative said...

Owebama in a campaign speech yesterday said Romney and "his allies in Congress" had an idea of how to grow the economy : "spend trillions of dollars more on tax cuts." Huh? Romney has said no such a thing. It is a strawman Owebama has constructed. Here Owebama has the nerve to tell his sheep that a tax cut is spending! Is this ignorance or stupidity from Owebama? Or is Owebama exploiting the ignorance or stupidity of his sheep?

July 7, 2012 at 1:52 p.m.
rick1 said...

Easy, Obama is SCUM (Socalist Communist Utopia Marxist)

July 7, 2012 at 2:26 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Awwwwwwww. How sweet. You even made up a little acronym. Obama really is your religion, Rick1.

I'd love for you to show us all how Obama is any one of those things. By the way, a "utopia" is a good thing. But I wouldn't expect you to know that.

July 7, 2012 at 2:39 p.m.
raygunz said...

tderng, thanks for the links. However,,opinion pieces like these are only that,opinions.

So,I suppose it's all just a matter of opinion.

July 7, 2012 at 2:44 p.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

Easy. Nobody said all liberals are on food stamps, welfare, and the like. That's just what ALL liberals would LIKE.

July 7, 2012 at 2:46 p.m.
alprova said...

rick1 wrote: "Al, you have claimed in the past that you are here to present the facts yet you refuse to accept the facts that Obama has been a failure on his economic policies."

I'll challenge you just like I do everyone else that types that crap. Name one...just one...specific "ewconomic policy" that the President is responsible for implementing, that has made him a failure.

"In your 9:20am post you keep using the same old talking points but refuse to lookat the facts."

Unless you can prove otherwise, I believe that is the first time that I have made that particular point.

Remember Al, Obama said in 2009 with his stimulus bill unemployment would be at 5.6% right now. You seem to forget this when ever you defend Obama on his failed poilicies.

"The number of unemployed persons is 12.7 million. 8.2 million people are working part time because their hours had been cut back or because they were unable to find a full-time job. About 7 million people have abandoned the job market. 5.4 million more workers have been unemployed 27 weeks or longer than there were at the recession's end in June 2009. The median length of unemployment is higher today than in June 2009. Joblessness among new entrants to the workforce is 300,000 higher than three years ago. The unemployment rate is at 8.2% yet the millions who have given up looking for work are not counted as unemployed. If you adjust for that change, today's unemployment rate would be 10.9%."

Those are all interesting charges and one laughable theory. People that seriously need and/or are looking for a job, find one. The idea that people give up and just starve to death or wind up on the streets is ridiculuous. There are people out there who are riding out those unemployment checks to the very end.

If a person has been unemployed for more than six months, one of two scenarios is very likley. 1.) They are not serious about looking for a job, or; 2.) their work record is such that an employer will not give them a second look.

"Job growth during the three-year Obama recovery has averaged just 75,000 a month for a total of 2.7 million."

I'm sorry, but that is not correct. The BLS reports that as of January 1 of this year, 4.1 million private-sector jobs were created during his first three years in office.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2012/jul/04/forward/?opinioncartoons#c174888

July 7, 2012 at 2:46 p.m.
rick1 said...

Conservative, here is some more facts that Al will ignoreabout the economy.

The economy created just 80,000 jobs in June, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Friday. But that same month, 85,000 workers left the workforce entirely to enroll in the Social Security Disability Insurance program, according to the Social Security Administration.

The disability ranks have outpaced job growth throughout President Obama's recovery. While the economy has created 2.6 million jobs since June 2009, fully 3.1 million workers signed up for disability benefits.

In other words, the number of new disability enrollees has climbed 19% faster than the number of jobs created during the sluggish recovery.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/07/more_on_the_june_unemployment_figures.html#ixzz1zxoKIrcD

July 7, 2012 at 2:47 p.m.
WHS1970 said...

So all the good conservatives would rather put a cult follower in the White House? I think that alone answers the ignorant or stupid question.

July 7, 2012 at 2:48 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Jack,

Conservative said...

"All Liberals are obsessed with Owebama and anyone else who will funnel other people's money to them whether directly or indirectly through a welfare program such as food stamps."

Put 'Learn to read' on your bucket list, old timer.

July 7, 2012 at 2:49 p.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

Easy, put Proactiv on your shopping list, junior.

July 7, 2012 at 2:54 p.m.
rick1 said...

Al, the facts prove the economy is in terrible shape, and Obama and his policies are the reason.

July 7, 2012 at 2:57 p.m.
rick1 said...

Martin Luther King: He had a dream.

Barcak Obama: We got a nightmare

July 7, 2012 at 3:05 p.m.
rick1 said...

My last post should have said Martin Luther King Jr.

July 7, 2012 at 3:06 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20120707/D9VS2E3O0.html

Looks like Obamacare has created new jobs. Too bad all of them are IRS workers.

July 7, 2012 at 3:33 p.m.
patriot1 said...

Al says that anyone who really wants a job can find one.....let's apply that same logic to health insurance. Anyone one who really wants health insurance should be able to find it without having to mooch off the rest of us, don't you think? In other words, if you want some insurance whether it be auto, life, home, renter or health go buy your own like I do.

July 7, 2012 at 3:38 p.m.
conservative said...

Good line! However, that 47% who don't pay taxes now could care less.

July 7, 2012 at 3:39 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

That's right patriot. I pay around $30 a week for Blue cross Blue shield. And I've already heard rumblings about my rate increasing and to prepare for insurance nightmare.

July 7, 2012 at 3:41 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

How much money would we all get a month if Obama gets his way and we're all taken care of by the government? Most people that rely on government now live lives of poverty. So if the number of government wards increase, Would it not be reasonable to conclude that the "wealth" would have to be spread even more thinly? (more people in poverty).

July 7, 2012 at 3:51 p.m.
conservative said...

Give the title TOE for those who most need to read the article ;

Job Weakness Starts to Shape Election Tone

July 7, 2012 at 4:10 p.m.
raygunz said...

tderng,may I suggest that you google "U.S. nuclear stockpile". it will give you a much better understanding of the situation.

July 7, 2012 at 4:14 p.m.
conservative said...

Today's local section has an article titled "HUD urges smoke-free housing in Chattanooga."

Well it should be much stronger than urge. Why don't we test the HUDers and the food stampers for tobacco use? Nicotine is a drug. Now if we low ball the price of cigarettes at $6.00 a pack and we again low ball the rate at a pack a day, that comes to $180 a month.

Why are we taking other people's money to buy food for people who have at least $180 a month for which they could buy there own food? Why not drug test the HUDers as well and add that $180 dollars a month to their rent if they smoke?

July 7, 2012 at 4:15 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/06/hitting-the-pavement-obama-puts-on-the-pounds/

Seems that lying and covering up lies all the time takes a toll on Obama. He looks more and more like a crack head.

July 7, 2012 at 4:49 p.m.
raygunz said...

I too would be interested in learning which (of any)of Pres. Obama's policies have been a failure, specifically.

Not just, "the facts prove the economy is in terrible shape, and Obama and his policies are the reason."

July 7, 2012 at 4:52 p.m.
alprova said...

rick1 wrote: "conservative, even Al's most trusted site Fact Checker has called out Obama's campaign ad against Romney."

Fact Checker is NOT my favorite site. I don't think I have even linked to anarticle contained on that site. Politifact is my chosen site, if they have analyized an issue, due to the fact that they document everything.

July 7, 2012 at 4:57 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

Failed Healthcare Policy: Physicians are waging war against health care reform bill

  1. Obama Failed Healthcare Policy: Largest middle-class tax increase in history

  2. Obama Failed Healthcare Policy: Only leaves you and me to pay the fine or get taxed

  3. Obama Failed Budget Policy: "Let them eat cake" Obama shouted as he planned dinner

  4. Obama Failed Economy Policy: Dodd, Frank, and others have taken sweetheart mortgages

July 7, 2012 at 5:17 p.m.
alprova said...

rick 1 wrote: "The economy created just 80,000 jobs in June, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Friday. But that same month, 85,000 workers left the workforce entirely to enroll in the Social Security Disability Insurance program, according to the Social Security Administration."

Wow...you and every other Obama conspiracy buff offers this amazingly bad statistic, as if it were something abnormal.

Social Security disability claims have been rising steadily since 1997. There is nothing unusual about that number of people being awarded benefits, but it sure sounds like a Greek tragedy to you Obama bashers.

58,610 people terminated their disability benefits during the month of June, for several reasons.

"The disability ranks have outpaced job growth throughout President Obama's recovery. While the economy has created 2.6 million jobs since June 2009, fully 3.1 million workers signed up for disability benefits."

Wow!! Again, there is nothing unusual or out of whack in the number of those who applied for benefits and in the number of those approved for benefits.

Here, see for yourself;

http://www.ssa.gov/oact/STATS/dibStat.html

In other words, the number of new disability enrollees has climbed 19% faster than the number of jobs created during the sluggish recovery.

July 7, 2012 at 5:19 p.m.
alprova said...

rick1 wrote: "Al, the facts prove the economy is in terrible shape, and Obama and his policies are the reason."

I'm still waiting to read just one of those alleged "policies" that have had all this negative influence on the economy.

ONE...

July 7, 2012 at 5:22 p.m.
alprova said...

patriot1 wrote: "Al says that anyone who really wants a job can find one.....let's apply that same logic to health insurance. Anyone one who really wants health insurance should be able to find it without having to mooch off the rest of us, don't you think?"

Do you really think that is a logical statement?

Seeking a job only requires time and effort to find one.

Seeking to insure yourself against health care expenses, requires quite often, a great deal of money to be paid in order to secure coverage. Not everyone has enough money at their disposal to pay for insurance.

"In other words, if you want some insurance whether it be auto, life, home, renter or health go buy your own like I do."

Yep...it's just as simple as that, isn't it?

Sheesh...

July 7, 2012 at 5:28 p.m.
tderng said...

raygunz...U.S. stockpile approx. 2,468 deployed.2,613 inactive,4500 retired.Russia:9,900,including those in reserve or awaiting dismantlement.Reducing our stockpile must be carefully scrutinized as the M.A.D. plans helped keep U.S./Russian relations from a war footing,and in only a cold war,for many years.Not to mention keeping China in check.I wouldn't mind reducing the arms if there were plans to modernize them but I don't think there are any plans to do so.

July 7, 2012 at 6:02 p.m.
conservative said...

Alexandra Pelosi, daughter of Nancy Pelosi said :

"the entitlement culture is causing problems for the party her mother leads in the House. We have to address the fact that this is why Democrats are losing ground. And this is a problem in America. The entitlement culture has gotten so big that we are losing our own people,”

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/PelosivideowelfareHBO/2012/03/20/id/433239

July 7, 2012 at 6:10 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Tu_quiqui,

"Religious bigotry is definitely in vogue with “you people” … isn’t it ??

The B.S. tolerance line is just that but it makes you feel so good about yourself when you stroke each other."

Religious bigotry is a misnomer. Every religious person is required to be a bigot. That's how religion works. You reject all the other religions and accept one as truth.

However, people that do not accept religion i.e. rational people, do not fall under the category of "bigot" as far as religion is concerned. Religious people have never proved any of the claims in their holy books. Their god's have never been shown to exist. How can someone be a bigot for not accepting something on which there is zero proof? Oh wait, that's not possible. Are you a bigot for not believing/tolerating/accepting people that believe in Zeus or Thor?

July 7, 2012 at 6:21 p.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

Easy: You poor, poor, pitiful fellow.

July 7, 2012 at 7:01 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Jack: You ninnyhammer!

July 7, 2012 at 7:07 p.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

Props to Easy123. The PERFECT HYPOCRITICAL LEFTY. Always tolerant (of those that agree with them, of course) You're the poster boy for all that's wrong with the left.

July 7, 2012 at 7:14 p.m.
rick1 said...

Al, the Dodd/Frank Law (Increased cost for financial institutions), ObamaCare(Increase taxes for business), New EPA Rules, forexample coal producing plants have already announced they are closing and this will cause the cost of electricity to rise. Add to that taxes are probablly going to increase on January 1, 2013 when the Obama Tax cuts expire businesses are not expanding.

Obama also said in January 2011 that he was going to decrease regulations on businesses when in fact they increased for that year.

More americans are going onto S/S because their benefits have run out and they can not find a job. Also when people do this they are no longer counted on the unemployment report so itmakes the unemployment look less then what it really is.

http://news.investors.com/article/608418/201204200802/ssdi-disability-rolls-skyrocket-under-obama.htm?p=full

July 7, 2012 at 7:15 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Jack,

Provide proof.

How can I be "tolerant" of people that agree with me? Look up the word 'tolerant'. Then you'll understand how stupid you are.

Troll.

July 7, 2012 at 7:17 p.m.
rick1 said...

Conservative, here is the video from Alexandra Pelsoi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2kGPdxkofo

July 7, 2012 at 7:24 p.m.
conservative said...

Ah rick1 you stold my thunder, that was next up om my agenda.

I will add this, notice the guy doing push ups in the welfare line.

July 7, 2012 at 7:29 p.m.
timbo said...

Have you ever read a cartoon from comrade Bennett about the Democrat congressional candidates? Oh, that's right, they are insignificant. They couldn't be elected versus a pet rock.

Liberals are just too smart to see how dumb they really are.

July 7, 2012 at 7:33 p.m.
rick1 said...

conservative,yeah that is great. How about the guy who said "I want some Obama bucks." Or the one that said he just wants a free check.

July 7, 2012 at 8:07 p.m.
conservative said...

rick1, I seldom am able to paste those videos. Is it because you got it off You Tube or am I doing something wrong?

July 7, 2012 at 8:12 p.m.
rick1 said...

conservative, I did a copy and paste from the address box from You Tube

July 7, 2012 at 8:39 p.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

Easy, it ain't complicated. Reading comprehension problems too, huh?

July 7, 2012 at 9:24 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Jack,

Must be pretty complicated for you. You haven't provided any proof and you have shown you do not understand the meaning of the word 'tolerant'.

I wouldn't expect anything less from you. Forever trolling.

July 7, 2012 at 9:30 p.m.
alprova said...

tu_quoque took a stab at outlining policies that President Obama is responsible for implementing that have ruined the economy.

"Al, the Dodd/Frank Law (Increased cost for financial institutions)"

Heaven forbid that someone within the Government demand that our financial institutions act in a manner consistent with providing honesty, stability, and fairness when dealing with their customers.

Prior to the passing of this legislation, financial institutions were very irresponsible and were guilty of repeating practices that led to the Great Depression back in the 1930's.

The addition of the Volker Rule, added after the bill had been passed, will head off another round of risky investments being offered in the future. It puts back in place provisions that were removed with the repeal of The Glass-Steagall Act of 1933.

It imposed a requirement that financial institutions be stable financially at all times. Speculative investments on the balance sheets of banks cannot exceed 3% of its assets.

Hedge fund managers, advisers, and "accredited investors" are now required to demonstrate assets in excess of $1 million, excluding the value of their personal residence.

Dodd-Frank imposes strict demands that insurance companies remain financially stable at all times.

Regulations imposed on Wall Street include the regulation that all credit default swaps and derivatives go on record and must be reported, outlawing "over-the-counter" investments, and it imposes a rule that no investor in these products will be assisted if they lose any or all of their investment in them.

The SEC has imposed "point-of-sale disclosure" rules when retail investors purchase investment products or services. These disclosures must include concise information on costs, risks, and conflicts of interest.

The SEC was given the power to create a "whistleblower bounty program," allowing persons who provide information which leads to a successful SEC enforcement to receive 10 to 30% of any monetary sanctions over $1 million.

Dodd-Frank imposes requirements that credit reporting agencies that evaluate financial institutions must report credible information about all aspects of the company.

Dodd-Frank imposes strict requirements on mortgages placed up as asset based securities. Mortgages must be properly written, collateralized, must comply with all regulations for securities set forth by the SEC and Federal Banking agencies.

Dodd-Frank established the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection. The new Bureau enforces mortgage reform and anti-predatory lending prohibitions, and is empowered to enforce mortgage reforms established in Dodd-Frank.

Dodd-Frank imposes regulations on banks demanding that practices to maximize fees charged to a customer, be "reasonable and proportional" to the cost of processing transactions.

All the above are bad for the economy?

July 7, 2012 at 10:04 p.m.
alprova said...

tu_quoque wrote: "ObamaCare(Increase taxes for business)"

The taxes outlined in ObamaCare are nominal, many are totally avoidable, and with the exception of one or two tax changes, nothing on that list affects more than a handful of people.

"New EPA Rules"

Obama is not the EPA. End of story.

"forexample coal producing plants have already announced they are closing and this will cause the cost of electricity to rise."

Setting this one aside for the moment, I believe that we are talking about current or past policies that have been allegedly ruining the economy over the past three years, and not about what may or may not happen in the future.

"Add to that taxes are probablly going to increase on January 1, 2013 when the Obama Tax cuts expire businesses are not expanding."

There is scant evidence that the Bush Tax cuts added so much as one job. During Bush's entire eight years in office, job growth was 0.83%. And again, you're citing a possible future event -- not a policy that has been in effect over the past three years.

"Obama also said in January 2011 that he was going to decrease regulations on businesses when in fact they increased for that year."

Specifically, what regulations are you referring to, that are allegedly ruining the current economy?

"More americans are going onto S/S because their benefits have run out and they can not find a job."

There is no evidence at all to justify such any conclusion that this is occurring in higher than normal percentages.

"Also when people do this they are no longer counted on the unemployment report so itmakes the unemployment look less then what it really is."

Mere speculation at best. Even if it were remotely provable, which it isn't according to the BLS, what specific policy or policies put in place by the President, is preventing the creation of jobs in the private sector?

People drop out of the job market all the time for various reasons, not related to any inability to find a job. Students go back to school. People decide to retire. Spouses decide to stay at home. People become self-employed. People become ill or disabled.

What people who need a job do not do, is to give up looking for one. It's a ludicrous assertion.

July 7, 2012 at 10:27 p.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

So Easy, because I think radically different than you, now I'm a troll? Sound about right?

July 7, 2012 at 10:29 p.m.
alprova said...

My apologies to tu_quoque. In error, I quoted you as being the author of the post I addressed earlier. It was rick1's post.

July 7, 2012 at 10:32 p.m.
alprova said...

I found my mistake and was working on the apology at the same time you posted tu_quoque. Again, my apologies for the incorrect attribution.

July 7, 2012 at 10:38 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Jack,

You've always been a troll.

July 7, 2012 at 10:38 p.m.
alprova said...

tu_quoque wrote: "Sweet talking me isn't going to make it any easier on you."

That's a-okay with me. My skin is an inch thick and this isn't my first time entering the rodeo.

Fire away.

July 7, 2012 at 10:42 p.m.
dude_abides said...

Sorry, J_D. Didn't mean to out you. Don't get your klanties in a wad. It just seems fitting that the people who lead the least 'Christlike' lives also choose to set a cross afire. It's like a Freudian arson slip. I bet if you boys tied the gas rags in the right places you could get the burning cross to collapse into the form of a swastika!

July 7, 2012 at 11:29 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova posted...

Dodd-Frank established the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection. The new Bureau enforces mortgage reform and anti-predatory lending prohibitions, and is empowered to enforce mortgage reforms established in Dodd-Frank.

Dodd-Frank imposes regulations on banks demanding that practices to maximize fees charged to a customer, be "reasonable and proportional" to the cost of processing transactions.

All the above are bad for the economy?

Pay day lenders, check into cash etc., the most usurious abusers of people with financial hardships, are excluded from the regulations. Apparently congress concluded they weren't banks? Congress behaves as if the financial sector, big contributors, is the economy.

July 7, 2012 at 11:45 p.m.
rick1 said...

Al, why don't you provide the sources you used for your posts at 10:04pm and 10:27pm. There is no way you wrote that all on your own.

July 7, 2012 at 11:47 p.m.
fairmon said...

What are the most effective cures for ignorance? Many members of congress appear to need a long dry out sabbatical. I hope they are granted one in November.

July 7, 2012 at 11:47 p.m.
alprova said...

rick1 wrote: "Al, why don't you provide the sources you used for your posts at 10:04pm and 10:27pm. There is no way you wrote that all on your own."

If you think I didn't, then by all means, you prove I didn't.

I constructed each and every one of those sentences all by myself.

July 8, 2012 at 12:13 a.m.
alprova said...

Harp3339 wrote: "Pay day lenders, check into cash etc., the most usurious abusers of people with financial hardships, are excluded from the regulations. Apparently congress concluded they weren't banks? Congress behaves as if the financial sector, big contributors, is the economy."

Pay day lenders are regulated at the state level. Unfortunately, they are not deemed to be financial institutions under Federal jurisdiction.

Online pay day lenders are even worse. There is a large pay day online lending institution, which is based right here in Chattanooga, that is virtually untouchable, because all of his servers are located outside the State of Tennessee and outside of the United States.

July 8, 2012 at 12:29 a.m.
fairmon said...

alprova responded....

Pay day lenders are regulated at the state level. Unfortunately, they are not deemed to be financial institutions under Federal jurisdiction.

They could have been included but weren't. The federal government has no problem becoming involved in the state issue of health care. One is based in Chattanooga and another in Cleveland, TN. They are both major contributors to those that could challenge their predatory lending practices.

July 8, 2012 at 2:39 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

I thought they were having a terribly cold, wet summer in England. How is that possible? Whenever we have a local warm snap the global warming idiots can be counted on to start singing again.

Bennett is one of those idiots. Warm weather equals a cartoon about global warming. I suppose he is off trying to buy heavy winter clothing in preparation for the sudden cooling that is supposed to happen when the global warming causes the oceanic heat pumps to shut down. “Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is not”.

July 9, 2012 at 10:40 a.m.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.