Chattanooga Convention Center, 1150 Carter St.; 6 p.m. Thursday; 30th Catholic Charities Annual Dinner featuring the Rev. Larry Snyder, president of Catholic Charities USA; $125 per person; 267-1297.
Chattanooga Convention Center, 1150 Carter St.; 6:30-8:30 p.m. Thursday; Prison Prevention Ministries banquet featuring music from Mallory Ledford, testimonials, dinner and ministry presentations; 622-5768 or www.prisonprevention.org.
New England Baptist Church, 240 New England Road, Wildwood, Ga.; 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. Sunday; reflections/question and answer session by author, journalist and prophecy expert Dr. Jimmy DeYoung; 706-657-8003.
First Church of Christ, Scientist, 612 McCallie Ave.; 7:30 p.m. Tuesday; "The Healing Effect of Your Prayers" by New Mexico author and Christian Science practitioner/teacher Mark Swinney; 596-4091.
- Power of Touch Church, 3111 Calhoun Ave.; 4 p.m. Sunday; second annual Haitian Earthquake Relief Effort prayer/financial support service features guest speaker pastor Ivory Jones, president of the Baptist Council of Cleveland, Ohio, and pastor of Grace Baptist Church, Cleveland, Ohio; 698-1060.
Tyner United Methodist Church, 6805 Standifer Gap Road; 10 a.m.-2 p.m. today; Health Fair Extravaganza offers screenings for diabetes, bone density, blood pressure, vision and hearing, plus parental, nutritional, dental, vision, preventive and safety information, services by Chattanooga-Hamilton County Health Department, MaryEllen Locher Cancer Center/Mammogram Coach, Miller-Motte Tech, Siskin Children's Institute, Home Healthcare of East Tennessee, Full Circle Medical Center, Summit Counseling and Volunteers in Medicine, as well as product samples, door prizes and barbecue carry-out lunches (by donation); free; 892-0444.
Greater Second Missionary Baptist Church, 810 Shallowford Road; 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, March 31; presentation about Christian counseling services for women by Rosalyn Hickman of Covenant Keepers Ministries, April Taylor of Sound Living Ministries, Angela Daniels of Sisters in Christ, and L.A. Café of the church, plus door prizes and refreshments; free but donations accepted; reservations requested but not required; 629-6248.
- Brainerd United Methodist Church, 4315 Brainerd Road; 4-6 p.m. Sunday; Chattanooga District United Methodist Men's Rally for participants of all denominations, with Michael Smith, president of the Holston Conference United Methodist Men, as speaker; 629-0333.
- New Home Baptist Church, 3019 County Road 61, Pisgah, Ala.; 6 p.m. March 25; screening of movie "Courageous"; nursery/children's church available; 256-451-3992.
GraceWorks Church, 6445 Lee Highway; 7 p.m. today; concert, "The Many Sides of Wesley Crider!"/DVD recording by the guitarist; free but love offering benefits Prison Prevention Ministries of Chattanooga; 648-9125.
Bethel Baptist Church, 1450 Oakdale Highway, Harriman, Tenn.; 11 a.m. Sunday; gospel music concert by Jim Ricketts and Crystle Elam; also, Calvary Baptist Church, 115 County Road 78, Riceville, Tenn., 6 p.m. Sunday; Free 2 Worship Center, 9966 Lovell Road, Soddy-Daisy, Tenn, 7 p.m. Friday; 775-2806 or email email@example.com.
Fairview Baptist Church, 108 Jenkins Road, Rossville, Ga.; 11 a.m. Sunday; testimony/concert by former Confederate Railroad member Chris McDaniel; 706-866-5744.
Troy's Place, 320 Emerson Drive, Ringgold, Ga.; 1-6 p.m. Sunday; benefit for pastor David Black includes gospel singing, raffles, food and more.
First Cumberland Presbyterian Church, 1505 N. Moore Road; 3:30 p.m. Sunday, April 1; Chattanooga Bach Choir spring concert, J.S. Bach's "St. John Passion," with major roles performed by Stanley Warren and John Brandon; free but donation of $15 suggested for nonstudents; 883-9801, 886-6469 or www.chattanoogabachchoir.org.
First Cumberland Presbyterian Church, 200 Church St., Cleveland, Tenn.; 1:30 p.m. Sunday; interactive seminar on Holy Week by Dr. Pat Pickett, professor at the Program of Alternate Studies of Memphis Theological Seminary, Cumberland Presbyterian pastor and chaplain in the Nashville Presbytery (preceded by Dr. Pickett talk at worship, 10:45 a.m., lunch, noon); music by Ladies of Lee; 476-6751.
Collegedale Community Church, 4995 Swinyar Drive; 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, March 31; Names of God seminar is Bible study of the names God gave himself; free (seminar and gifts); 396-5464 or www.knowinggodministries.com.
- New Haven Baptist Church, 1058 Graysville Road; 6:30-10 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday, March 31; walk-through gospel presentation drama, "Resurrection Morn," with tours every 20 minutes; free and concessions available; 855-4910.
- Lee University, 150 11th St. N.E. (Conn Center), Cleveland, Tenn.; 7:30 p.m. Sunday; U-Church event for students, alumni and community features the Chapel Band; 961-1823 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
-- Compiled by staff writer Clint Cooper