Compiled from city of Chattanooga news release and submissions to www.ChattanoogaNow.com.
* Applebee's: Military veterans and active-duty service members can eat for free at any location on Sunday, Nov. 11. There will be six entrées available from the menu. Guests will be asked to show one or more of the following as proof of Service: a U.S. Uniform Services Identification Card, a U.S. Uniform Services Retired Identification Card, Current Leave and Earnings Statement, Veterans Organization Card, a photograph in uniform, or wearing a uniform in person. www.applebees.com/vetDay/default.aspx.
* Chili's: Military veterans past and present will receive their choice of one of six meals at participating Chili's on Sunday, Nov. 11. Dine-in only; beverages and gratuity not included. All desserts priced $5 for veterans and active-duty military with proof of military service.
* Denny's Restaurants: Participating locations will offer all-you-can-eat pancakes to veterans Monday, Nov. 12.
* Golden Corral: The ninth annual Military Appreciation Monday dinner will be held 4-9 p.m. Monday, Nov. 12, at all locations nationwide. The free meal is for any person who has ever served in the U.S. military, whether a veteran, retired, currently serving or in the National Guard or Reserves. To date, Golden Corral restaurants have provided more than 2.2 million free meals and contributed more than $3.3 million to the Disabled American Veterans organization.
* Hooters: Participating restaurants will serve up 10 free boneless wings to military veterans and active-duty personnel (with proof of service) all day Sunday, Nov. 11. Dine-in only; drink purchase required. www.HootersVeteransDay.com.
* Krispy Kreme Doughnuts: Participating stores will give away a free doughnut to active-duty personnel, retirees and veterans on Sunday, Nov. 11.
* O'Charley's: Veterans and active-duty military receive a complimentary meal (with proof of service) from the $9.99er menu on Monday, Nov. 12.
* Olive Garden: Veterans eat free (with proof of service) from a list of several entrees on a special menu on Monday, Nov. 12. Some Olive Garden restaurants also will give out a $10 gift card to veterans for a future visit.
* Subway: Many locations will offer a free 6-inch sub to military veterans on Sunday, Nov. 11, but the offer may not be available at some franchises.
* Texas Roadhouse: Offer varies by location but local restaurant is offering free meal from opening until 4 p.m. Monday, Nov. 12. www.texasroadhouse.com.
* TGI Fridays: All veterans and active-duty personnel can eat free on Monday, Nov. 12 with proof of service. Proof of service includes U.S. Uniform Services Identification Card, a U.S. Uniform Services Retired Identification Card, Current Leave and Earnings Statement, Veterans Organization Card, a photograph in uniform, or wearing a uniform in person. TGI Friday's offers a 10 percent discount for all service men and women with proof of service every day.
* Western Sizzlin: All veterans receive a free buffet meal 12:30-1:30 p.m. Monday, Nov 12, at the Jasper, Tenn., location, 1130 Highway 28. The luncheon also will include a flag-folding, 21-gun salute and "Taps" performance by the Sequatchie Valley Honor Guard. 423-942-5777.
The following companies offer discounts, although not all locations may participate.
• Burger King
• Dunkin' Donuts
• Long John Silver's
• Panda Express
• Pizza Hut
• Red Robin
• Taco Bell
OTHER DISCOUNTS ON VETERANS DAY
* Home Depot and Lowe's: A 10 percent military discount is available to active-duty military members, National Guard and Reserve members, retirees, honorably discharged veterans and immediate family members. Customers requesting a discount must be able to show a valid military ID card or other proof of military service (a DD Form 214 or VFW membership may qualify).
* Sleep Number: Through Nov. 18, military personnel and veterans can get $600 off on select beds, 30 percent off bedding items and zero interest on 24-months financing.
* Sports Clips: Free haircut to active-duty military and veterans at select locations on Monday, Nov. 12 The salons offer 20 percent discounts on all services and products to military personnel and veterans every day. Sports Clips also is participating in the Help-A-Hero program, which provides free call time to deployed or hospitalized military personnel.
• Best Western
• Choice Hotels
• Continental Airlines
• Cruise lines (most)
• Hyatt Hotels
• Marriott Hotels
• Wyndham Hotels and Resorts
• Checker Auto Parts
• General Motors
• Jiffy Lube
• Kragen Auto Parts
• NAPA Auto Parts
CLOTHING AND SHOES
• The Children's Place
• Dress Barn
• The Finish Line
• Foot Action (15%)
• Foot Locker (20%)
• Hot Topic
• Jos. A. Bank
• New York & Company
• Pac Sun
• Timberland Outlets (active-duty only)
• Wilson's Leather