Blessing of the animals
Brooks Memorial United Methodist Church, 1543 Mercer St., Lupton City; 10 a.m. Saturday; blessing of the animals; 877-1110.
Chattanooga Convention Center, 1150 Carter St.; Friday and Saturday, Nov. 3; conference, "Into the Consulting Room: Five Approaches to Counseling and Christianity," designed for psychologists, counselors, social workers and those in related fields, sponsored by the Bryan Institute for Critical Thought and Practice and Richmont Graduate University; early registration fee discount deadline Monday; www.bryan.edu/registration.html.
• Brooks Memorial United Methodist Church, 1543 Mercer St., Lupton City; 6 p.m. Wednesday; trunk or treat; 877-1110.
• Cedar Hill Baptist Church, 60 Dyer Bridge Place, Ringgold, Ga.; 5:30-7:30 p.m. Wednesday; Hallelujah Harvest features games, food, and trunk or treat; 706-858-0976 or www.cedarhillbaptist.com.
• Cloud Springs Road Baptist Church, 210 Cloud Springs Road, Fort Oglethorpe, Ga.; 6:30 p.m. Wednesday; Fall Festival offers trunk or treat, games, cake walk, food (donation only); 706-866-0164.
• Covenant Life Worship Center, 7001 LaFayette Road, Chickamauga, Ga.; 7-10 p.m. Friday-Monday, Oct. 29; "Hayride Through Hell," presentation of life-after-death realities for ages 13-up; free (groups of 15 or more need reservations); 706-375-5286.
• Daisy United Methodist Church, 9508 Dayton Pike, Soddy-Daisy; 6 p.m. today; trunk or treat; 332-3243.
• First-Centenary United Methodist Church, 419 McCallie Ave. (Oak Street Center parking lot); 4-7 p.m. Sunday; Fall Festival features inflatable games, face painting and other children's activities, non-scary costume contest and chili dinner; free but donations welcome; 756-2021.
• First Christian Church, 650 McCallie Ave.; 4-7 p.m. Sunday; trunk or treat event offers hot dogs, chips, beverages, cookies, candy and bouncy house; 267-4506 or www.Firstchristian-chat.com.
• Free Hope Baptist Church, 4176 Highway 76 (back parking lot), Chatsworth, Ga.; 4-6 p.m. today; trunk or treat; 706-695-3717.
• Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, 822 Belvoir Ave., East Ridge; 6:30-8 Wednesday; trunk or treat; 629-4661.
• Jones Memorial United Methodist Church, 4131 Ringgold Road; 6:30 p.m. Wednesday; trunk or treat; 624-6073.
• Oakwood Baptist Church, 115 Oakwood St., Chickamauga, Ga.; 2-5 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 3; Chickamauga Harvest Festival features inflatables, live music, games/crafts booths, cornhole tournament, car/motorcycle cruise-in, food and other activities; free; 706-375-5760 or www.oakwoodbc.org.
• Patten Recreation Center, 3202 Kellys Ferry Road; 6-8 p.m. Wednesday; fall festival sponsored by Lookout Valley Baptist Church; free; 825-5335.
• Signal Mountain Presbyterian Church, 612 James Blvd.; 4-6 p.m. Sunday; Harvest Fest offers free games, activities and candy, and food at a nominal fee; admission is nonperishable food item for Signal Mountain Social Services, Food Pantry; 886-2190.
• Covenant College, 14049 Scenic Highway, Lookout Mountain, Ga.; annual Reformation Lectures feature Dr. Michael Horton, author, radio co-host, magazine editor, J. Gresham Machen Professor of Systematic Theology and Apologetics at Westminster Seminary California and associate minister at Christ United Reformed Church; "The Gospel-Driven Life," 11 a.m. Monday (chapel), "Two Kingdoms (panel discussion)," 4 p.m. Monday (Sanderson Hall auditorium), and "The Gospel-Driven Church," 11 a.m. Tuesday (chapel); free; 706-820-1560 or www.covenant.edu.
• North Cleveland Church of God, 335 11th St. N.E. (Bryant Fellowship Hall), Cleveland, Tenn.; 7 p.m. Tuesday; seventh annual Lee University Azusa Lecture features "'In the Spirit on the Lord's Day': The Holy Spirit in the Book of Revelation" by Dr. John Christopher Thomas, an author, editor, the Abbott Professor of Biblical Studies at the Pentecostal Theological Seminary and associate pastor of Woodward Avenue Church of God in Athens, Tenn.; free; 614-8576.
New Covenant Fellowship Church, 1326 N. Moore Road; 5:30-9:30 p.m. Thursday and Thursday, Nov. 8; First Things First-sponsored Passionately Married seminar offers couples tips on how intimacy and communication can spice up their marriage (dinner provided); free but registration deadline Tuesday; 267-5383 or firstthings.org.
• Center Point Baptist Church, 118 Center Point Road (fellowship hall), LaFayette, Ga.; 6:30 p.m. Thursday; Noble Neighborhood Association community concert features touring singer-songwriter Scott Pryor of Philadelphia; free but contributions accepted; 706-764-2801.
• Crab Orchard Christian Church, 148 Haleys Grove Lane, Crab Orchard, Tenn.; 11 a.m. CDT Sunday; concert by Jim Ricketts and Crystle Elam; 775-2806; also at Bon De Croft Baptist Church, 8545 Crossville Highway, Sparta, Tenn., 6 p.m. CDT Sunday.
• Miracle Baptist Church, 6739 Levi Road, Hixson; 10:45 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 4; concert by Heritage Quartet as part of Homecoming service (meal served); free but love offering will be taken; 595-7130.
• Philadelphia Baptist Church, 1065 Pine Grove Road, Ringgold, Ga.; 6:30 p.m. Friday; weekly singing features Men of Calvary Bluegrass and The Jamerson Family; 706-891-5683.
• St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 305 W. Seventh St.; 4 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 4; service of remembrance for All Saints Day and Veterans Day features choral evensong of Herbert Howell's "Requiem" by church's Senior Choir and officiated by the Very Rev. Kelvin Holdsworth, provost of The Cathedral of Saint Mary the Virgin, Glasgow, Scotland (reception follows); offering benefits church's community outreach ministries; 266-8195.
• Savannah United Methodist Church, 10520 Snow Hill Road, Ooltewah; 9:30 a.m. Sunday; concert by Dove Award winner, author and conference speaker Ann Downing; free but love offering will be received; 364-9481.
Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church, 200 Walker St.; 10:30 a.m. Friday (10 a.m. registration); meeting of Church Women United for World Community Day.
Lee University, 150 11th St. (Conn Center), Cleveland, Tenn.; 7:30 p.m. Sunday; U-Church service for students, alumni and community features singer-songwriter and three-time GMA Dove Award nominee John Mark McMillan; free; 614-8347 or http://thejohnmark.com.
Clint Cooper is the faith editor and a staff writer for the Times Free Press Life section. He also has been an assistant sports editor and Metro staff writer for the newspaper. Prior to the merger between the Chattanooga Free Press and Chattanooga Times in 1999, he was sports news editor for the Chattanooga Free Press, where he was in charge of the day-to-day content of the section and the section’s design. Before becoming sports ...