The most visited state parks in East Tennessee in 2012.
1. Warrior's Path State Park in Kingsport, Tenn., 1,571,467 visitors in 2012
2. Hiwassee/Ocoee Scenic River State park in Delano, Tenn., 1,150,486 visitors in 2012
3. Harrison Bay State Park in Harrison, Tenn., 860,004 visitors in 2012
4. Roan Mountain State Park in Roan Mountain, Tenn., 754,624 visitors in 2012
5. Big Ridge State Park in Maynardville, Tenn., 672,271 visitors in 2012
Source: Tennessee State Parks, data compiled by Knxoville News-Sentinel
Dave Flessner is the business editor for the Times Free Press. A journalist for 35 years, Dave has been business editor and projects editor for the Chattanooga Times Free Press, city editor for The Chattanooga Times, business and county reporter for the Chattanooga Times, correspondent for the Lansing State Journal and Ingham County News in Michigan, staff writer for the Hastings Daily Tribune in Nebraska, and news director for WCBN-FM in Michigan. Dave, a native ...