Events and seminars
• QuickBooks Setup Seminar from 8 a.m. to noon Tuesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The $95 session includes a step-by-step workshop that walks attendees through the process of setting up business finances by Lynn Talbott of HR Business Solutions, LLC. Call 856-8668 for more information and to register. An intermediate seminar is scheduled Thursday from 1 to 5 p.m., also at The Incubator for $95.
• Red Bank Council Meeting from noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday at Red Bank Community Center, located behind Erlanger North. Robin Smith of SmithWaterhouse Strategies will speak. Meetings cost $10.
• Social Media Marketing Strategies from 9 to 11 a.m. Wednesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Ronda Van Billard of The Breakfast Club of Chattanooga will speak on social marketing. The free seminar is hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center. Call 423-756-8668 for more information or to register.
• Ooltewah/Collegedale Council Meeting from 9:15 to 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Collegedale City Hall, 4910 Swinyar Drive. Vincent Ivan Phipps of Communication VIP will talk about "Active Listening."
• Financing Your Business the SBA Way from 11 a.m. to noon Wednesday at the BrightBridge Women's Business Center, 535 Chestnut St., Suite 161. The training covers SBA loan options, including which loan program meets a specific entrepreneurial need. More information is available at 424-4220.
• Hixson Council Meeting from noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at the North River Civic Center, 1009 Executive Drive. Maury Nicely of Evans, Harrison & Hackett, PLLC will speak on employment law. Meetings cost $10.
• North Hamilton County Council Meeting from noon to 1 p.m. Thursday at Budweiser of Chattanooga, 200 Shearer St. Bridgett Massengill, project manager for Thrive 2055 will speak. Meetings cost $10.
• Small Business Orientation from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity. Call 756-8668 for more information and to register.
• Free Legal Advising with Chambliss from 1 to 4 p.m. Friday at The CO.LAB, 55 E. Main St. To sign up for a one-hour time slot, contact Enoch Elwell at email@example.com.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress