• New City Fellowship, 2412 E. Fourth St.; 1 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 22; preview for Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University class, which assists participants in “learning how to handle money using God’s ways”; free ($95 for nine weeks after Oct. 6 first class); 423-304-6521 or email email@example.com.
• St. Luke United Methodist Church, 3210 Social Circle; 6:30 p.m. Monday, Aug 19; preview for Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University nine-week video classes, coordinated by Tim Gates; free; registration/costs, 877-6447 or www.daveramsey.com/fpu/locations/org/37979/class/235253.
• Christ First Church, 10052 N. Highway 27 (Walker County Agricultural Center), Rock Spring, Ga.; 10:30 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 25; Rhyme & Reason Music Ministry Reunion Concert features Jeff Luther; 423-802-7413.
• First Baptist Church, 4276 Shallowford Road (Vulcan Recreation Center); 5-7 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 24 (or 17th); East Eighth Street church-sponsored Jazz by the Water concert features the Booker T. Scruggs Ensemble; free; 265-3229.
• Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, 822 Belvoir Ave.; 7 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 25; a capella concert by touring Zambian male quintet; free but proceeds from freewill offering help fund school in quintet’s native country; 629-4661.
• New Bethel Baptist Church, 1635 Salem Valley Road, Ringgold, Ga.; 7 p.m. today; gospel concert by Jim Ricketts and Crystle Elam; free; 421-4269.
• Philadelphia Baptist Church, 1065 Pine Grove Road, Ringgold, Ga.; 6 p.m. Friday; gospel concert by Promises (Ken and Renee Webb) and Jim Ricketts and Crystle Elam; 706-891-5683.
• Signal Mountain Church of God, 517 Timberlinks Drive; 11 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 25; Homecoming/85th anniversary celebration concert features the Heritage Quartet; free (lunch follows); 267-0837.
• Heritage High School, 3960 Poplar Springs Road, Ringgold, Ga.; 6 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 25; Heritage Pointe Baptist Church-led prayer service for safety and academic success of Catoosa County faculty, staff and students; 706-858-0976.
— Compiled by staff writer Clint Cooper
Clint Cooper is the faith editor and a staff writer for the Times Free Press Life section. He also has been an assistant sports editor and Metro staff writer for the newspaper. Prior to the merger between the Chattanooga Free Press and Chattanooga Times in 1999, he was sports news editor for the Chattanooga Free Press, where he was in charge of the day-to-day content of the section and the section’s design. Before becoming sports ...
related articles »
• Walker County Civic Center agricultural building, 10052 N. Highway 27, Rock Spring, Ga.; 2:30 p.m. Sunday; benefit concert for ...
• St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 305 W. Seventh St.; 7 p.m. Wednesday; presentation, “Chattanooga’s Churches Under Siege — 1862-63,” a ...
Ron Peterson, who attended Tennessee Temple University and once taught at Unity Christian School in Rossville, Ga., is now pastor ...
• Mizpah Congregation, 923 McCallie Ave.; 9 a.m. today, Shabbat Weekend breakfast, Torah study, “What Makes Jewish Food Jewish,” and ...