published Tuesday, February 19th, 2013

Fire at Chattanooga Best Western hotel ruled accidental

A Monday night fire at the Best Western Hotel at 7641 Lee Highway has been ruled accidental.

Lt. Andrew Waters with the Fire Investigation Division said in a news release the fire was most likely started by an electrical malfunction in the room where the fire was located.

The loss was estimated at around $10,000.

First responders saw light smoke coming from a single, second-floor room and noticed the window blackened by smoke, according to a news release.

As a number of firefighters broke into the room to fight the fire, others evacuated the surrounding rooms. Firefighters found no one in the room. Hotel management confirmed no guests were registered to stay in the room in question.

Firefighters quickly controlled the fire and there were no injuries.

about Staff Report...

Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:

Other National Articles

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »


Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.