• Howard High School class of 1963 is holding a planning meeting Saturday, July 27, in preparation for its 50-year reunion. The meeting will begin at 5 p.m. at the Veterans Club, 2114 Wilder St. For more information, call 693-7867.
• Brainerd High School classes of 1973-75 are holding a reunion July 26-27 at Pier 2. For more information or reservations, contact Mike Payne at Tnmastergardener@aol.com.
• Central High School class of 1961 is holding a 70th birthday party/reunion on Saturday, July 27, from 5 to 10 p.m. For information, call Ronnie Kendall, 892-7930.
• Bradley Central High School class of 2003 is holding a 10-year reunion on Saturday, July 27, 7-10 p.m. at the Museum Center at Five Points, 200 E. Inman St., Cleveland, Tenn. Tickets are $45 per person and include dinner catered by Bald Headed Bistro and music. Purchase tickets at bchsclassof2003.eventbrite.com. For information, email email@example.com.
• McMinn County High School class of 1993 is planning a 20-year reunion for Saturday, July 27. A family gathering will be held from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Athens Regional Park. A reunion dinner will be held that night at 6:30 p.m. at Springbrook Golf and Country Club. Classmates should email their updated information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Ooltewah High School classes of 1970-1979, "That '70s Group," is holding a combined reunion on Saturday, Aug. 10, from 6 to 11 p.m. at the Chattanooga Choo Choo Roosevelt Room. There is no fee, but donations will be taken to cover room rental; dinner is not included, dine at your own expense. For more information, contact Mike Bowman, 423-238-4985 or Wendell Bryant, 328-7474.
• Central High School class of 1973 is holding its 40-year reunion on Saturday, Aug. 10, from 5 to 9 p.m. at the Ruritan Club. Tickets are $25 per person. For more information, contact Beth Mason, 894-7787, or Patty Moody, 344-6824.
• Tyner High School class of 1968 is holding its 45-year reunion on Saturday, Aug. 17, at 6 p.m. at Holiday Inn Hamilton Place, 2232 Center St. Any class member who hasn't been contacted by the planning committee should contact either Trudy McDaniel Payne at 421-5120 or Joy Jorges Dobosh at 240-9810.
• Central High School class of 1963 is holding its 50-year reunion on Saturday, Aug. 24, from 6 to 10 p.m. at the DoubleTree Hotel on Chestnut Street. The classes of 1961, 1962, 1964 and 1965 are also invited. For more information or reservations, contact Joe White at email@example.com or 803-364-4677.
• East Ridge High School class of 1963 is holding its 50-year reunion on Saturday, Sept. 7, from 7 to 11 p.m. on the Southern Belle riverboat. For more information, call 593-0209 or 476-2602.
• Rossville High School class of 1973 is holding a 40-year reunion on Saturday, Sept. 7, from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Rossville Athletic Center (the former Rossville High School gymnasium). Class members should register at www.rhsclassof73.net. Call Pat Langston Lewis at 423-413-3406 or Elaine Born Steele at 423-903-2365 for more information.
• East Ridge High School class of 1973 is planning its 40-year reunion for Saturday, Sept. 14. For more information, classmates should call 622-6432.
• Kirkman Technical High School class of 1963 is planning its 50-year reunion for Saturday, Oct. 5, at the Chattanooga Choo-Choo. For more information, classmates should call 423-894-1100 or 423-238-4322.
• Riverside High School class of 1971 is holding "Celebrate 60 Sensational Years of Living" on Saturday, Oct. 5, from 7 to 11 p.m. in the Chattanooga Convention Center. Tickets are $35 per person. For more information, call 629-5525 or 894-6816.
• Red Bank High School class of 1973 is holding its 40-year reunion on Friday-Saturday, Oct. 11-12. A meet-and-greet is planned Oct. 11 from 6 to 11 p.m. in Pier 2. The reunion dinner is Oct. 12 from 6 to 10 p.m. in Pier 2 at The Landing. Casual attire; $50 ticket includes buffet, cash bar and dancing. Make reservations at www.rbhs73.com.
• Bradley Central High School class of 1993 is holding its 20-year reunion on Saturday, Oct. 19, at the Old Woolen Mill in downtown Cleveland, Tenn. Tickets are $50 per person before Aug. 15 and $60 after that, which includes all food, beverages, unlimited photo booth and professional entertainment. For more information, check the Facebook page at Bradley Central Class of 1993, email your address to firstname.lastname@example.org or text Angie Myers Taylor at 423-400-6943.
• University of Chattanooga class of 1963 and UC Fifty-Plus Club will hold their 50-year reunion weekend Oct. 25-26 on the UTC campus. For more information, call the UTC Office of Alumni Affairs, 425-4785 or 1-800-728-4882.
Susan Palmer Pierce is a reporter and columnist in the Life department. She began her journalism career as a summer employee 1972 for the News Free Press, typing bridal announcements and photo captions. She became a full-time employee in 1980, working her way up to feature writer, then special sections editor, then Lifestyle editor in 1995 until the merge of the NFP and Times in 1999. She was honored with the 2007 Chattanooga Woman of ...