* Craft fair: Brainerd United Methodist Church, 4315 Brainerd Road, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., free admission.
* Noble, Ga., community picnic: 471 Loughridge Lane, 6:30 p.m., all Noble residents and former residents welcome, bring covered dishes. 706-764-1171.
* Bone marrow drive: Chattanooga Christian Assembly, 8100 Bermerwood Drive, 12:30-3 p.m., cheek swab taken to determine whether volunteer is eligible to be a donor. 499-9888.
* Baby Care and Safety: Erlanger East, 1755 Gunbarrel Road, 6:30-8:45 p.m., $25. With hospital discharges occurring earlier for new mothers, this class is designed to give new parents needed information for baby care at home. 778-LINK.
* Catoosa County Historical Society: Old Stone Church Museum, intersection of Highway 41 and Catoosa Parkway, Ringgold, Ga., 6:30 p.m. dinner followed by screening of "Going Home," a documentary by Debbie Moore of Cleveland, Tenn. Members asked to bring covered-dish vegetables, salads or desserts; chicken, paper goods and drinks provided for year-end picnic. 706-935-4875.
* Red Bank Neighborhood Pride Association: Red Bank Community Center behind Erlanger North, 6:30 p.m., Red Bank Mayor John Roberts will give his state of the city address. www. redbanknpa.org.
Susan Palmer Pierce is a reporter and columnist in the Life department. She began her journalism career as a summer employee 1972 for the News Free Press, typing bridal announcements and photo captions. She became a full-time employee in 1980, working her way up to feature writer, then special sections editor, then Lifestyle editor in 1995 until the merge of the NFP and Times in 1999. She was honored with the 2007 Chattanooga Woman of ...