• The 1965 classes of Howard and Riverside high schools are holding a combined meeting today at noon in Eastgate Town Center food court. For more information, call 400-0606.
• Howard High School class of 1963 is holding a meeting today at 5 p.m. at the Veterans Club, 2114 Wilder St. For more infomation, call 693-7867.
• Central High School class of 1968 is holding its 45-year reunion on Saturday, Oct. 19, at Pier 2. To register or for more information, contact Cliff Crownover 423-344-3575.
• Bradley Central High School class of 1993 is holding its 20-year reunion on Saturday, Oct. 19, at the Old Woolen Mill in downtown Cleveland, Tenn. Tickets are $60, which includes all food, beverages, unlimited photo booth and professional entertainment. For more information, check the Facebook page at Bradley Central Class of 1993, email your address to firstname.lastname@example.org or text Angie Myers Taylor at 423-400-6943.
• University of Chattanooga class of 1963 and UC Fifty-Plus Club will hold a 50-year reunion weekend on Oct. 25-26 on the UTC campus. For more information, call the UTC Office of Alumni Affairs, 425-4785 or 800-728-4882.
• Bradley Central High School class of 1954 is holding its 59-year reunion on Saturday, Nov. 2, at First Baptist Church in Cleveland, Tenn., beginning at 9 a.m. Brunch will be served at 10 a.m. Tickets are $10 per person and must be reserved by Oct. 25. For reservations or information, contact Betty Cartwright at 423-339-2333.
• Kirkman High School class of 1954 will hold its 59-year reunion on Saturday, Nov. 2, at 3 p.m. at Wally's Retaurant, 6521 Ringgold Road. For more information, call Ben Pettitt at 706-866-4824 or Jo Cordell Murray at 423-877-4251.
• Rossville High School class of 1974 is holding a meeting Tuesday, Nov. 12, at 7 p.m. at the Rossville Recreation Center to plan its 4o-year reunion. For more information, contact Dennis Norwood at 653-9372 or email@example.com.
• The Hixson-Hixon family reunion is today at 11 a.m. in the fellowship hall of Hixson United Methodist Church, 5301 Old Hixson Pike. Bring covered dishes to share at 1 p.m. lunch and genealogical information. Guest speaker is Norma Jean Hobbs, who is publishing an update of the genealogy book, "Hixson-Hixon of Tennessee." For more information, contact Henry Hoss, 423-899-1537.
Susan Palmer Pierce is a reporter and columnist in the Life department. She began her journalism career as a summer employee 1972 for the News Free Press, typing bridal announcements and photo captions. She became a full-time employee in 1980, working her way up to feature writer, then special sections editor, then Lifestyle editor in 1995 until the merge of the NFP and Times in 1999. She was honored with the 2007 Chattanooga Woman of ...