Events and seminars
• Chattanooga Insight 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church 305 W. 7th St. The program for business executives provides 2-day orientation to the community and includes presentations by government, business, education and other community leaders. For more information or to register, contact Diane Parks at firstname.lastname@example.org or 423-763-4353.
• Chattanooga State Presents Ayah Bdeir, founder of littleBits at 6 p.m., Wednesday at Chattanooga State Health & Physical Fitness Center, 4501 Amnicola Highway. This free event will feature the perspectives of Ayah Bdeir, founder and CEO of littleBits – electronic LEGOs for the iPad generation. Bdeir’s career and education have centered on advancing open source hardware to make education and innovation more accessible She is recognized as one of the leading engineers in the Makers Movement and one of the CNN Top 10 Emerging Startups. Call 423-697.3358.
• Getting Ready for the Uranium Processing Facility Project at 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Thursday at 4th floor of the downtown Chattanooga Public Library, 1001 Broad St. U.S. Rep. Chuck Fleischmann, R-Tenn., and others will talk about the National Nuclear Security Administration’s new Uranium Processing Facility (UPF) being constructed in Oak Ridge. More information at www.chattanoogachamber.com/events
• Ooltewah/Collegedale Council Coffee from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Friday at Hampton Inn, 6145 Weir Way. The monthly networking event allows business leaders to meet and talk with one another.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress
related articles »
• Downtown Chickamauga, Ga.; 3-6 p.m. today; Chickamauga Christmas Celebration features live Nativity, animal petting zoo, live music, family photo ...
Events coinciding with the 150th anniversary of the Civil War continue Saturday, Oct. 26, and Wednesday, Oct. 30.
• Chamber Member Orientation from 8 to 9:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Chattanooga Chamber, 811 Broad St. Attendees will learn ...
• 10th Annual Mayors’ Business Breakfast at 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Chattanooga Convention Center: 1150 Carter St. Hamilton County ...