How do you dress like a Duke? Start with tight denim and wavy, ’80s hair. Contests for Family Fun Day at Savannah Oaks Winery in Delano, Tenn., on Saturday will approximate the looks of “The Dukes of Hazzard” stars, clockwise, from top, Catherine Bach (Daisy Duke), John Schneider (Bo Duke) and Tom Wopat (Luke Duke).Photo by Contributed Photo /Chattanooga Times Free Press.
IF YOU GO
• What: Grape Stomp & Family Fun Day
• When: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 7
• Where: Savannah Oaks Winery, 1817 Delano Road, Delano, Tenn. (off Highway 411 north of Benton)
• Admission: Free; $5 and $10 fees for contests
• Phone: 423-462-5195
• Website: www.savannah-oaks-winery.com
Family Fun Day at Savannah Oaks Winery owes a debt to the Dukes -- Daisy, Bo and Luke, that is.
As part of the winery's 11th annual Grape Stomp, set for 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 7, "Dukes of Hazzard"-inspired events will be front and center, including two contests:
• Best Daisy Dukes is open to babies, girls and women to sport their favorite Daisy Duke diapers, jeans or shorts.
• Bo & Luke Duke Look-Alike is open to guys of all ages who bear a resemblance to the stars of the 1980s television series.
Tribute artist Rusty Cash has Boss Hogg covered. He'll be there in the white suit and cowboy hat, along with the famous General Lee Dodge Charger for fans to make photos.
Headlining this year's music will be Zack Dylan & D-Railed in the winery's 600-seat, air-conditioned pavilion.
Children will want to check out the Water Walker and Monster Spider Jumper. Food, craft and business vendors also will be on hand.
Admission to the festival is free. Contest entry is $5 for ages 1 month to 17 years old, $10 for ages 18 and up.