• All classmates in the Central High School class of 1959 are invited to an organizational meeting to plan their 2014 reunion on Wednesday at 5 p.m. at the office of Summers & Wyatt, 735 Broad St., Suite 800. For more information, contact Jerry Summers at 265-2385.
• Red Bank High School class of 1988 is holding a 25-year reunion on Friday-Saturday, Sept. 20-21. Events include a gathering at the Red Bank vs. Central football game at 7:30 p.m. Friday, while a family picnic is set for Saturday, Sept. 21, at 11 a.m. in Althaus Park on Signal Mountain, followed by a class party at The Mill event hall that night from 7:30 to 11:30 p.m. For more information, check the website at rbhs1988.wix.com/reunion or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Ooltewah High School class of 2003 is holding a 10-year reunion on Saturday, Sept. 21, at 7:30 p.m. in Miller Plaza. Tickets are $30 now, $35 at the door. Buy tickets online at ohsclass2003.com.
• Marion County High School class of 1988 is holding its 25-year reunion on Friday-Saturday, Oct. 4-5. The reunion will start Oct. 4 with tailgating before the 7 p.m. Marion County football game. Classmates should bring chairs and money to order pizza. A bonfire will follow the game at Payne farm. A dinner will be held Oct. 5 at 5 p.m. CDT at Kimball Municipal Building. Tickets are $20. Send check to Melissa Brackett Scissom, 127 Mountain View Road, Jasper, TN 37347. For more information, check the Facebook page at MCHS class of 1988 or call Dee Baxter Harwell at 423-240-4550.
• Kirkman Technical High School class of 1963 is planning its 50-year reunion for Saturday, Oct. 5, at the Chattanooga Choo-Choo. For more information, classmates should call 423-894-1100 or 423-238-4322.
• Riverside High School class of 1971 is holding "Celebrate 60 Sensational Years of Living" on Saturday, Oct. 5, from 7 to 11 p.m. in the Chattanooga Convention Center. Tickets are $42 per person. For more information, call 629-5525 or 894-6816.
• Central High School class of 1978 is holding its 35-year reunion on Friday-Saturday, Oct. 11-12. For more information, contact Bonnie Sanders Cope at 423-344-5030 or email@example.com.
• Red Bank High School class of 1973 is holding its 40-year reunion on Friday-Saturday, Oct. 11-12. A meet-and-greet is planned 6-11 p.m. Oct. 11 in Pier 2 at The Landing. The reunion dinner is 6-10 p.m. Oct. 12 in Pier 2. Casual attire; $50 ticket includes buffet, cash bar and dancing. Reservations: rbhs73.com.
• Central High School class of 1968 is holding its 45-year reunion on Saturday, Oct. 19, at Pier 2. To register or for more information, contact Cliff Crownover at 423-344-3575.
• Bradley Central High School class of 1993 is holding its 20-year reunion on Saturday, Oct. 19, at the Old Woolen Mill in downtown Cleveland, Tenn. Tickets are $60, which includes all food, beverages, unlimited photo booth and professional entertainment. For more information, check the Facebook page at Bradley Central Class of 1993, email your address to bradley central firstname.lastname@example.org or text Angie Myers Taylor at 423-400-6943.
• University of Chattanooga class of 1963 and UC Fifty-Plus Club will hold their 50-year reunion on Friday-Saturday, Oct. 25-26 on the UTC campus. For more information, call the UTC Office of Alumni Affairs at 425-4785 or 1-800-728-4882.
• The Nance-Rollins family reunion is scheduled for Sunday, Sept. 22, at noon at Smith Chapel United Methodist Church, 4245 Stewart Road, Tunnel Hill, Ga. A catered barbecue meal will be served; bring family photos. 404-888-2921.
• The 24th annual East Chattanooga Old Timers' reunion is today from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Chester Frost Park. Bring a covered dish for shared lunch.
• Positive Christian Singles, sponsored by First-Centenary United Methodist Church, is holding its 35th anniversary reunion on Friday-Sunday, Sept. 27-29. Events include a Sept. 27 dinner at the Choo Choo Garden Restaurant, breakfast on Sept. 28 at Oak Street Center, and a dinner at the church with Nell Mohney as speaker. For pricing or schedule information, email PCS35Reunion@aol.com. Register online at firstcentenary.com/35-year-reunion.
• The North Chattanooga reunion is set for Saturday, Oct. 5, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the North Chattanooga Community Center, 406 May St. Bring a covered dish for potluck dinner. All former residents of North Chattanooga welcome. For more information, call 423-875-0958.
Susan Palmer Pierce is a reporter and columnist in the Life department. She began her journalism career as a summer employee 1972 for the News Free Press, typing bridal announcements and photo captions. She became a full-time employee in 1980, working her way up to feature writer, then special sections editor, then Lifestyle editor in 1995 until the merge of the NFP and Times in 1999. She was honored with the 2007 Chattanooga Woman of ...