• Ted Russell Hall, Carson-Newman University, 1646 Russell Ave., Jefferson City, Tenn.; 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday and 1-5 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, by reservation through Oct. 25; exhibit of full-size artistic reproduction of all seven volumes of "The Saint John's Bible Heritage Edition," along with 10 framed prints from the project; 865-471-3537 (reservations) or cn.edu/saint-johns-bible.
• Chattanooga Convention Center, 1150 Carter St.; 7-9 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 15; inaugural fundraising banquet for Men's Ministry Network of Chattanooga, "Mobilize Chattanooga ... One Man at a Time," features Dr. Ben Carson, author, Presidential Medal of Freedom winner, former President's Council on Bioethics member and longtime director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Children's Center; $60, limited number of tickets available beginning Monday; business attire requested; 893-8885 or MensMinistry.org.
• Brock 206, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, Vine Street; 6-8 p.m. Mondays, Oct. 7-Nov. 18; continuing education Hebrew Crash Course projects for students to become familiar with Hebrew alphabet, rudiments of grammar, some basic vocabulary and to be able to recognize, read and speak Hebrew, led by Reggie Lisemby of Christian Ministry to Israel; $95, includes materials and CD; 1-866-ISRAEL8 or mmisrael.org.
• New City Fellowship, 2412 E. Fourth St.; 1 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 6; Financial Peace University offers nine-week DVD course with sessions on budgeting, relationships and money, getting out of debt, saving for emergencies and investing; 629-1421.
• First-Centenary United Methodist Church, 419 McCallie Ave.; 10-11:30 a.m. Saturdays, beginning Oct. 5; eight-session ecumenical small group, Forward, offering mutual support for those who have lost a spouse, whether newly or not-so-newly bereaved; free; 756-2021.
• Falling Water Baptist Tabernacle, 603 Jackson Road, Hixson; 11 a.m. Sunday; gospel concert by Jim Ricketts and Crystle Elam; free; 421-4269; also, Stockton Valley Baptist Church, 39875 Highway 72 North, Loudon, Tenn., 7 p.m. Monday.
• First Church of the Nazarene, 5554 North Terrace; 7 p.m. Friday; monthly Southern gospel concert features the Appointed Quartet; free; 693-5134.
• Philadelphia Baptist Church, 1065 Pine Grove Road, Ringgold, Ga.; 6 p.m. Friday; gospel concert by The Stuart Family and Calvary's Blend; 706-891-5683.
• St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 305 W. Seventh St.; 4 p.m. Sunday; candlelight vespers service for Feast of St. Michael and All Angels features traditional Orthodox liturgical music in English, with opportunities to view paintings and sculptures of icons by abstract expressionist Ludmila Powlowska before the service and during the reception afterward; 266-8195 or facebook.com/iconsintransformationStPauls.
• Terra Vista Baptist Church, 4412 Oakwood Drive; 10:30 a.m. Sunday; singing by The Skyline Boys as part of Homecoming celebration, lunch follows; 892-3879 or 667-2706 or TerraVistaBaptist.org.
• Mount Calvary Baptist Church, 5131 Highway 58; 10:30 a.m. Friday; registration, 10 a.m.; Jerry Redman of Second Life of Chattanooga is guest speaker on human trafficking.
Clint Cooper is the faith editor and a staff writer for the Times Free Press Life section. He also has been an assistant sports editor and Metro staff writer for the newspaper. Prior to the merger between the Chattanooga Free Press and Chattanooga Times in 1999, he was sports news editor for the Chattanooga Free Press, where he was in charge of the day-to-day content of the section and the section’s design. Before becoming sports ...