• Dade County High School class of 1963 is holding its 5o-year reunion today at 6 p.m. at the Trenton Civic Center in Trenton, Ga. Dress is casual attire. Tickets are $20 per person. For more information, call Johnnie Watley Bailey, 423-942-1512.
• Marion County High School class of 1988 is holding its 25-year reunion on Friday-Saturday, Oct. 4-5. The reunion will start Oct. 4 with tailgating before the 7 p.m. Marion County football game. Classmates should bring their own chairs and money to order pizza. A bonfire will follow the game at Payne farm. A dinner will be held Oct. 5 at 5 p.m. CDT at Kimball Municipal Building. Tickets are $20 per person. Send check to Melissa Brackett Scissom, 127 Mountain View Road, Jasper, TN 37347. For more information, check the Facebook page at MCHS class of 1988 or call Dee Baxter Harwell, 423-240-4550.
• Kirkman Technical High School class of 1963 is planning its 50-year reunion for Saturday, Oct. 5, at the Chattanooga Choo-Choo. For more information, classmates should call 423-894-1100 or 423-238-4322.
• Riverside High School class of 1971 is holding "Celebrate 60 Sensational Years of Living" on Saturday, Oct. 5, from 7 to 11 p.m., in the Chattanooga Convention Center. Tickets are $42 per person. For more information, call 629-5525 or 894-6816.
• Central High School class of 1978 is holding its 35-year reunion on Friday-Saturday, Oct. 11-12. For more information, contact Bonnie Sanders Cope, 423-344-5030 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Red Bank High School class of 1973 is holding its 40-year reunion on Friday-Saturday, Oct. 11-12. A meet-and-greet is planned Oct. 11 from 6 to 11 p.m. in Pier 2. The reunion dinner is Oct. 12 from 6 to 10 p.m. in Pier 2 at The Landing. Casual attire; $50 ticket includes buffet, cash bar and dancing. Make reservations at www.rbhs73.com.
• Re-Ed Center, formerly known as the Smallwood Center, is inviting graduates of the 1968-69 classes, former faculty and staff to a reunion-planning meeting on Sunday, Oct. 13, at 2 p.m. at the center. Bring a lawn chair and old photos, refreshments provided. For more information, contact Kevin Wheeler at 698-3643.
• Central High School class of 1968 is holding its 45-year reunion on Saturday, Oct. 19, at Pier 2. To register or for more information, contact Cliff Crownover 423-344-3575.
• Bradley Central High School class of 1993 is holding its 20-year reunion on Saturday, Oct. 19, at the Old Woolen Mill in downtown Cleveland, Tenn. Tickets are $60, which includes all food, beverages, unlimited photo booth and professional entertainment. For more information, check the Facebook page at Bradley Central Class of 1993, email your address to email@example.com or text Angie Myers Taylor at 423-400-6943.
• University of Chattanooga class of 1963 and UC Fifty-Plus Club will hold their 50-year reunion weekend Oct. 25-26 on the UTC campus. For more information, call the UTC Office of Alumni Affairs, 425-4785 or 1-800-728-4882.
• Rossville High School class of 1974 is holding a meeting Tuesday, Nov. 12, at 7 p.m. at the Rossville Recreation Center to plan its 40-year reunion. For more information, contact Dennis Norwood at 653-9372 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The North Chattanooga reunion is set for Saturday, Oct. 5, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the North Chattanooga Community Center, 406 May St. Bring a covered dish for potluck dinner. All former residents of North Chattanooga welcome. For more information, call 423-875-0958.
Susan Palmer Pierce is a reporter and columnist in the Life department. She began her journalism career as a summer employee 1972 for the News Free Press, typing bridal announcements and photo captions. She became a full-time employee in 1980, working her way up to feature writer, then special sections editor, then Lifestyle editor in 1995 until the merge of the NFP and Times in 1999. She was honored with the 2007 Chattanooga Woman of ...