published Thursday, August 14th, 2014

Family of six displaced after child sets bed on fire

2410 Ivy Street
Get directions:  To here - From here

A family of six has been displaced after a house fire in Chattanooga last night.

The fire happened around 11:30 p.m. Wednesday at 2410 Ivy Street.

The fire was started by a five-year-old boy, who used a cigarette lighter or matches to set a bed on fire, according to a news release from the Chattanooga Fire Department.

Firefighters found a small fire in one of the bedrooms. The fire was extinguished within a few minutes. There was some smoke and water damage in adjacent rooms. No injuries were reported.

The loss was estimated at $6,000.

The fire displaced one adult and five children.

about Staff Report...

Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:

Other National Articles

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »


Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.