published Sunday, July 27th, 2014

Emergency Measures

about Clay Bennett...

The son of a career army officer, Bennett led a nomadic life, attending ten different schools before graduating in 1980 from the University of North Alabama with degrees in Art and History. After brief stints as a staff artist at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the Fayetteville (NC) Times, he went on to serve as the editorial cartoonist for the St. Petersburg Times (1981-1994) and The Christian Science Monitor (1997-2007), before joining the staff of the ...

142
Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.
fairmon said...

Don't blame the president, give him credit for knowing what he does best and for doing that that more often than anything. Like the counselor said, determine what you are good at and do any better than anyone. Fund raising is his strong suite so he concentrates on that regardless of what others think he should do.

July 27, 2014 at 1:29 a.m.
alprova said...

The simple fact of the matter is that by all measures used to size up previous Presidents, Barack Obama has done a fine job and continues to do so. There are many reasons why he has not been allowed to appear more Presidential.

Bigotry is at the top of the list. Partisan politics stands at number two. Infighting at the Congressional level is the third and perhaps the biggest reason why the President's job performance has suffered.

I'm at a total loss to understand why it is that people hate the man so much. I'm ashamed to be an American at times, it has been so bad.

One poster in here has suggested that my support is only due to the freebies I receive. Nothing could be further from the truth. My personal circumstance may have changed a bit, but my support for national Democrats, who represent the middle and lower income classes consistently, began long before I became disabled.

I lost a very good paying job on the day that Barack Obama took office for his very first day. I was one of millions who lost good paying jobs during 2008 and early 2009.

Since the day Barack Obama took office, about the time everything hit rock bottom, life has improved for most of those who lost those jobs. I know mine did. It wasn't easy and I had to go through several mazes along the way, but I am still a productive American and will remain so until I pass on from this life.

The economy is not thriving, but it most definitely has improved substantially since January of 2009. What happened in this nation in 2008 was not the fault of either President. The slow recovery is not the fault of the current President.

Presidents are not Gods. They do not wield the power to wave magic wands and kick start economies.

I remember Mitch McConnell's words..."Our goal (Republicans) is to make Barack Obama a one-term President." He said that not too long after he took office in 2009, if my memory serves me correctly. People have been working against the man the entire time he has been in office.

Politics has become so nasty that I have stopped watching the news on most days. Everything has become so political and with some people politics is all they ever have on their mind.

I know what Republican cheerleaders think and say, because I am around dozens of them five days a week. I enter into very few personal conversations because it is a waste of time.

People are who they are and nothing will change their opinions...not even the facts.

July 27, 2014 at 3:20 a.m.

Bigotry LOL. Elected twice, and given two chances. Yeah, it's bigotry.

I think after two terms the citizens of this country should be able to say what they think of him without having the race card pulled on them.

Poor, Barack, he's treated so unfairly.

Bush was hammered by a liberal and hostile media before he was even sworn in. "hate", you gotta be kidding, comedians joked about killing him. Criticism is part of the game, Bush took plenty, and he deserved much criticism. BO can't take criticism, or even a tough question at a news conference without getting angry. The facts is you libs pull the race card right and left and the media gives him a pass because he's black.

July 27, 2014 at 3:57 a.m.
alprova said...

Z-mn wrote: "Bigotry LOL. Elected twice, and given two chances. Yeah, it's bigotry."

Try and focus. I'm not suggesting that most Americans who voted for Barack Obama are bigoted. Clearly they are not.

Solid Republicans are more likely to be bigots than not. Not every Republican dislikes the man for his skin color, but most...yes most of them do dislike the man due to his skin color.

They never gave the man the first chance. If I had a dollar for every time I heard comparisons of the President to black people in charge of cities across the U.S., I'd not have to worry about a thing for the rest of my life.

It's n-word this and n-word that, all day long. If the man comes across the screen on Fox News, which is the channel of choice for most Republicans, it's n-word again.

"I think after two terms the citizens of this country should be able to say what they think of him without having the race card pulled on them."

You, for one, have never offered any specifics as to what your big beef is about the man. And I'm sorry, but in the absence of any specifics, your rampant bigotry comes shining through.

Why not be honest, for once?

All I ever read from some of you are the generic words, "his policies" as the reason you and others dislike the man.

What policies? Do you realize that I have NEVER been provided an answer to that question?

I can tell you EXACTLY what I disliked about GWB.

He led the charge to go to war in two nations, one in retaliation for an attempt on his father's life, taking several thousand American lives in the process to exact that revenge.

I dislike GWB's arrogant swagger on camera and his propensity to jump the gun way to early for photo ops.

GWB was probably as unqualified to be President as Barack Obama has been accused of being, due to his business failures. The man would have been a big fat zero had it not been for his daddy's name and money used to bail the man out repeatedly.

"The facts is you libs pull the race card right and left and the media gives him a pass because he's black."

Do you even realize how bigoted that statement is? And you post it at least twice a week.

Faux News doesn't seem to be giving the man a break. The rest of the responsible mainstream media outlets are not obsessed with every fart the man emits in the same way the right-wing is.

"President Obama farted today on his way out of the White House. More at the top of the hour."

July 27, 2014 at 4:25 a.m.

Alprova, your post is the race card.

"his skin color" ?

"rampant bigotry"? LOL

If I don't agree with his ideology, period, how is that bigotry?

He's similar to Hildabeast in ideology, so I'm a misogynist as well because she happens to be a woman? Idiocy.

Your assessment of me is a cartoon and nothing more than DNC talking points.

You dislike GWB's "swagger"? That's a cartoon as well and propaganda by the liberal media. That's projection, BO comes across as aloof, detached, smug, above our system of checks and balances, a narcissist, and bored with the job. Even some Dems have said similar things.

Some of the most smug and "swaggering" elitists are Democrats, BO Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid.

Ridiculous.

BO is an out and out fraud. He came into office billing himself as some sort of crusading lefty and what he ends up being is a corporate whore, fund raising tool of the DNC and puppet to the very wealthy control freak crowd.

I don't like the intrusion into our lives by Obamacare, I don't like his foreign policy, if you can call it that, I don't like his giving the finger to our system of checks and balances, I don't like how he's teamed up with billionaires to ram illegal alien invaders down our throats and neglect his duty to defend citizens, I don't like his reckless spending, I don't like the corruption swirling around him. I consider him to be dishonest, even more than most politicians.

I consider GWB's presidency to be a failure in many ways, but BO has made everything worse.

July 27, 2014 at 6:20 a.m.

Your post is just a fancy way of saying if you don't like BO you are a racist. That's bigotry.

July 27, 2014 at 6:29 a.m.
alprova said...

Z-man it's always the same thing from you. Nothing new. You never read anyone else's words. It's just rant, rant, and rant some more, saying the same things every single time.

Ideology? Another generic word that means nothing.

The rest of your post is filled with nothing more or less than right-wing garbage.

Do your own thinking one day and find something new to post.

You're a Chatty Cathy Doll and you seem to be pulling your own string.

July 27, 2014 at 7:37 a.m.
alprova said...

Z-man, I've posted several times that I know the true and correct definition for the word "Racist."

I rarely call people racists, because the definition does not apply to most people.

You Sir, are a blatant bigot. It's a shame that you can't be more honest about it.

I spend a great deal of my time around people like you. I know you better than you know yourself.

Ideology....that's rich.

July 27, 2014 at 7:41 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Alpo is foaming at the mouth. Should have had the shot.

July 27, 2014 at 7:49 a.m.
conservative said...

The person who sins will die. The son will not bear the punishment for the father’s iniquity, nor will the father bear the punishment for the son’s iniquity; the righteousness of the righteous will be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon himself. Ezekiel 18:20

This verse clearly states that one is solely responsible for his sins.

He can't make the ridiculous claim that another caused him to reject the Salvation offered to him through Jesus Christ.

"He is the reason I don't go to church" is often stated by this person.

July 27, 2014 at 7:56 a.m.
conservative said...

No one will be able to blame anyone else when he stands before God.

So then each one of us will give an account of himself to God. Romans 14:12 NAS

July 27, 2014 at 8:26 a.m.
caddy said...

Bush

July 27, 2014 at 8:32 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Weird Al says "I spend a great deal of my time around people like you." how do you do that, alpo? You spend your life on this site.

July 27, 2014 at 8:52 a.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said..I'm ashamed to be an American at times, it has been so bad.

You and Michelle. Do you also think people should eat healthy and have you as she says she has always done so?

July 27, 2014 at 8:59 a.m.

Alprova, you are a bigot, sir.

You've decided that anyone who is emphatic in criticizing BO is a racist. You're a bigot. Just like ibshame, that other liberal drone on here, who feels it's perfectly fine to call Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams, Clarence Thomas and Ben Carson "Uncle Tom's" because they're not libs and Dems. You libs have a plantation mentality.

I guess BO, Al Sharpton, MO, Valarie Jarrett and Shiela Jackson Lee are the correct kind of "negroes" for you and your plantation. Sowell, Thomas, Carson and Williams are disobedient, huh?

My gosh, are you libs bigots.

He just flat out stinks.

July 27, 2014 at 9:22 a.m.

conservative said... "No one will be able to blame anyone else when he stands before God.

So then each one of us will give an account of himself to God."

Which god is that? Johann Kepler, Richard Wagner, Renoir, Madam Curie, Carl Sagan? There's so many to choose from who have made real contributions to art, science,and humanity.

Or did you mean your puny imaginary psychopathic Jehovah and his contributions of genocide, superstitious ignorance, and Fundy-NutZ followers?

We already know your answer. You're one funny lady.

July 27, 2014 at 9:25 a.m.
Ki said...

al is right. Bigotry, more than anything, is behind blocking most everything this president has attempted. It's even behind a certain segment of the population voting against their own best interest. One politician actually referred to the president as "that n%&*#r in the white house."

July 27, 2014 at 9:26 a.m.
Ki said...

Actually, zabybaybee, Sowell, Thomas, Williams, only later Carson, are the epitome of the typical obedient plantation negro. If you were really savvy on that period in history you'd know this.

July 27, 2014 at 9:35 a.m.

Wrong, Ki, You're not savvy, you're a bigot. They don't fit you libs' mold of what a black American should be and what they should believe. You're a bigot.

Pathetic.

Sowell and Williams are respected economists and writers, Carson is a brilliant surgeon who had a rough start in life, and Thomas rose from being victim of racism, and from poverty, to be a Supreme Court Justice.

Like I said, Ki, when a black American chooses to not be a Democrat or liberal, and instead decides to be a conservative or a Republican, or even something else, you libs feel betrayed because you have a plantation mentality.

How at this point anyone could think BO is nothing more than a fraud is beyond me. You libs were duped. You thought he was some crusading lefty, but he turned out to be a corporate whore and fundraising clown for the DNC, and an elitist.

The fact is, if black American doesn't go along with what you believe, and behave as you think they should, then you pull your special race card on them, the "uncle tom" card..

Pathetic

July 27, 2014 at 9:47 a.m.

Funny how you white libs feel you speak for black Americans, and have some connection with them LOL sickening..

July 27, 2014 at 9:54 a.m.
GaussianInteger said...

I wouldn't say it's necessarily bigotry because Obama is black, but there was definitely an attempt to connect his name to Islam and terrorists/Saddam. Hard right-wing pundits would always refer to him using his middle name; Barrack Hussein Obama. They would emphasize the Hussein. They even did it during the last election.

Guys like Fister blame everything on Obama. Immigration, overseas crises that have nothing to do with Obama, his hemorrhoids, the dog crapping on his rug, etc.

July 27, 2014 at 9:55 a.m.
GaussianInteger said...

ConMan, are Jews going to heaven?

July 27, 2014 at 9:56 a.m.

"immigration" you mean illegal alien invasion allowed to happen so it can be gained from politically?

Barry Obama, Barry Soetoro, Barack Hussein Obama...it all adds up to the same thing, a big dud.

July 27, 2014 at 10:01 a.m.
GaussianInteger said...

""immigration" you mean illegal alien invasion allowed to happen so it can be gained from politically?"

How so? I have challenged you several times on this accusation several times and you have yet to give a viable argument. Illegals cannot vote, so where's the "political gain"?

The rest of your post confirms my contention.

July 27, 2014 at 10:16 a.m.

Illegals can't vote, that's a good one. You keep believing that. Dead people shouldn't be voting either, but somehow their names end up on the voter rolls, and they cast votes. Amazing.

They also shouldn't be able to just fly into the country and have TSA miraculously look the other way as they fly around the country. While we US citizens are practically molested before we can board a plane.

My posts are right on the mark.

How you can libs be taken seriously when you even deny that antisemitism is behind the attacks on Israel by Hamas when it's in Hamas' own charter to exterminate all Jews? They say it and document it. Yet you deny it.

Liberalism is disease. A mental illness.

July 27, 2014 at 10:33 a.m.
GaussianInteger said...

"They also shouldn't be able to just fly into the country and have TSA miraculously look the other way as they fly around the country."

That's more BS. They "aren't able to fly into the country with TSA looking the other way". They are flown to other parts of the country where they can be held for several months until they can receive a hearing with an immigration judge, thanks to a Bush Act.

You right-wingers sure do love the Jews until election season.

July 27, 2014 at 10:43 a.m.
GaussianInteger said...

And illegals cannot vote. Voter fraud is not a widespread problem as you are lead to believe by the lobbyists supporting the Voter ID laws. Again, you guys hear of isolated cases and assume it happens everywhere. More right-wing milk lapped up by Fister.

July 27, 2014 at 10:45 a.m.
inquiringmind said...

Old Connie quotes Ezekiel concerning Christianity(!) and sez, "The person who sins will die. " ergo, all humans die, right? Seems to conflict with all her carryings- on a few days ago about being saved imparting a sinless life...

Z-bister, Bush the younger obtained two terms by fraud, he stole the first election and had his select friends on the Supreme Court abet him. President Obama won a clear majority in both his elections only to have bush's old cronies seek to thwart his every initiative, out in front of a chorus led by Old South racists who moved from the Democratic Party to the Red Party following behind George Wallace, Lester Mad-ox and their idolizes, recruiting ilk-minded people from the fringes of other states..

July 27, 2014 at 11 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "You and Michelle. Do you also think people should eat healthy and have you as she says she has always done so?"

Do I think people should eat healthy? Yes.

Have I always done so? No.

At the time I decided that I decided that enough was enough, I weighed nearly 385 lbs.

Since that day, I've lost more than 160 lbs. and I've kept it off.

My A1C was 13.7 three years ago. It is now 6.0

Lab after lab has corrected itself, but as it turns out, the damage was done.

But I'm going to be alright despite all, and I'll likely live a much longer life than the one I was destined for just last month.

So yes, like our First Lady, I do think healthy eating is important.

God Bless her for at least trying to preserve life when there is a chance to set good habits to replace bad ones.

July 27, 2014 at 11:13 a.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wrote "Alprova, you are a bigot, sir."

I'm the least bigoted person I know, but I understand you are stinging for being singled out, so let's see where this goes.

"You've decided that anyone who is emphatic in criticizing BO is a racist."

Again, you prove that you don't read or comprehend what you do read. It's been quit sometime since I have called anyone a racist, because I know the true definition of the word.

"You're a bigot. Just like ibshame, that other liberal drone on here, who feels it's perfectly fine to call Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams, Clarence Thomas and Ben Carson "Uncle Tom's" because they're not libs and Dems. You libs have a plantation mentality."

But of course. I raise their names all the time in here, don't I? I'm so bothered by their Republicanism, that I post rants every time they write or say something, right?

Your charge does not make a lick of sense, and anyone who knows me would laugh at you for making it. Nothing I have ever written into this forum comes close to illustrating me to be a bigot.

Don't get mad because that which you write proves you to be one.

"He just flat out stinks."

I'll bet you say that every time you pass a black person.

July 27, 2014 at 11:22 a.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wrote: "Funny how you white libs feel you speak for black Americans, and have some connection with them LOL sickening.."

I speak for no one, but I do share a connection with them, and it is an important one.

We vote for many of the same people and Republicans seem to forever having a hard time swaying very many of them over to their side.

Really, Z-man, if you could sit back and read much of what you write, you'd understand in a second why very few black people would find any agreement in what you have written.

You however, are blinded by your hate. You are blinded by your prejudices that have been in you for most of your life, and that will never change.

July 27, 2014 at 11:30 a.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wrote: "Illegals can't vote, that's a good one. You keep believing that. Dead people shouldn't be voting either, but somehow their names end up on the voter rolls, and they cast votes. Amazing."

You can't begin to prove that stupid charge. The instance of provable voter fraud is less than 1% of all votes cast.

Illegals are not voting and cannot vote and even more likely have no interest in voting.

"My posts are right on the mark."

Yep...they are...if you work for Matt Drudge or World Net Daily.

You really need to apply for a position with them.

I'll even bet you have your very own Drudge Report coffee mug sitting next to you while you type.

July 27, 2014 at 11:37 a.m.
alprova said...

The poster in this forum, known as "The Jack Dennis" has a seriously sordid past. It is one he has confessed to in this very forum. He admitted to being Jack Dana Dennis, who it turns out is a three time convicted pedophile in Knox County, Tennessee.

He will not and cannot provide proof to any recantation of his confession of May 18, 2014.

Do you really want to discuss anything with a confessed pedophile?

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2014/may/18/ostrich/#c270586 http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2014/may/18/ostrich/#c270592 http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2014/may/18/ostrich/#c270593 http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2014/may/18/ostrich/#c270598

http://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/TN00513388/Jack-Dana-Dennis.html

http://mugshotsrus.com/2013/09/11/jack-dana-dennis

July 27, 2014 at 11:44 a.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...God Bless her for at least trying to preserve life when there is a chance to set good habits to replace bad ones.

I agree regarding her nutrition initiative but don't agree with either of you for ever being ashamed to be an American. Why not move to a country you would be more proud of?

It is useless to waste time posting specifics reasons for not supporting Obama since you justify each of them including your comment that lies are just politics during campaigns. He is not competent and his selections for key positions are terrible and devoid of meaningful large business management experience. Name one leader he has convinced or influenced regarding any critical issue? He panders to unions and other special interest such as those opposed to the Keystone pipeline and allowing exporting U.S. oil.

July 27, 2014 at 11:54 a.m.
fairmon said...

Obama's commitment to income equality consist of confiscating from a few to be spread unearned among many. Wouldn't it be refreshing to see income equality supported in a way that enabled those willing to work an opportunity to earn more and improve the balance of income equality?

July 27, 2014 at 11:58 a.m.
GaussianInteger said...

"opposed to the Keystone pipeline and allowing exporting U.S. oil."

I'm confused with this statement. Are you saying the Keystone pipeline would allow the "export of US oil"? Because that is an incorrect statement as the Keystone pipeline would allow the "export" of Canadian oil. Or are you saying Obama caters to groups that don't allow "exporting US oil"? That too would be an incorrect statement as the US "exports" plenty. I am staunchly opposed to the Keystone Pipeline so I am hoping that Obama sticks to his guns and doesn't allow it. Besides, I see it hypocritical to criticize him for opposing it as "pandering to special interests" when approving it would be "pandering to special interests". I guess "special interests" are okay as long as they are in your best political interests?

July 27, 2014 at 12:03 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man, look at your list of notable blacks who are Republicans today.

You go to great length to make reference to what they do for a living, but you fail to mention the common thread that binds them to Republicans.

They are all wealthy.

Republicans work on behalf of those who have lots of money, which is why I fail to understand why so many people without lots of money fall for their crap all the time.

I know so many people on Social Security, who never hear how Republicans would love to privatize everything from the agency issuing their checks to their medical coverage to anything else they may be receiving, but they continue to lap at the Republican milk bowls like good little kitties.

If Republicans had a true following of those whom they care about and are working on behalf of, they would be receiving less than 5% support.

I do not understand how in all good conscience, how anyone who does not earn more than $100,000 a year can support the Republican Party.

Okay...they are the party that supports anti-abortionists, so there's that.

How can it be that this nation is so divided when the fact is there are Republicans who would change life as we know it for millions of Americans, so they can have more money to feed the war machine.

If we had a Republican President this very day, we would be knee deep in skirmishes around the globe.

Look at all the criticism the President is receiving by Republican politicians and even folk in here, because he is not involved in "getting tough" on foreign leaders where wars are taking place.

GWB may have made it all but impossible to elect a Republican President for years to come.

Looking around at the latest polls, the Georgia Governor's race is taking a turn. Jimmy Carter's Son, a Democrat, is out polling Nathan Deal, a Republican, for the first time.

Also in Georgia, there is a good chance that Michelle Nunn may be elected to the Senate. She currently leads by 8 points over her Republican Rival. Both are first time politicians.

Generic Congressional polls have Democrats on top by 4 points, the largest spread in a year and a half.

Could it actually be that people ARE waking up and seeing that Republicans need to be replaced with Democrats?

I'm sure if all you ever watch is Faux News, you're thinking that the Republicans are going to take control of all of Congress.

Good luck with that!!

July 27, 2014 at 12:13 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "I agree regarding her nutrition initiative but don't agree with either of you for ever being ashamed to be an American."

Okay, let me be more precise. I'm ashamed to share the distinction of being an American with others at times. The level of disrespect and lack of couth is out of control.

It's as if there is a contest at times to see who can be the most outrageous, the most disrespectful, the most profane, you name it.

"Why not move to a country you would be more proud of?"

I should ask you the same question, since you seem to have the larger problem with our Government.

I was born here, I have no particular problem living here, but I have immense disagreement with the way that some people offer their "criticisms."

"It is useless to waste time posting specifics reasons for not supporting Obama since you justify each of them including your comment that lies are just politics during campaigns."

You're twisting my words. Unfulfilled campaign promises are politics. No one ever elected to the office has been able to fulfill every campaign promise uttered.

"He is not competent and his selections for key positions are terrible and devoid of meaningful large business management experience."

What can I say? The progress that this nation has made since January, 2009 proves you to be incorrect. For whatever reason, every economic indicator proves all you naysayers wrong. And since every President is saddled when things go wrong, he should receive credit for everything that is right today.

There is no evidence that very many people are struggling like they were in 2009. And since I don't seem to be dodging any dead bodies in the street with my electric wheelchairs, this crap that people have given up and are doing without, is a load of elephant dung.

"Name one leader he has convinced or influenced regarding any critical issue?"

It's funny you brought that up. Would it surprise you to learn that his latest bright spot regarding foreign policy has to do with the nation of Iran?

http://prospect.org/article/bright-spot-obamas-foreign-policy-iran-yes-iran

"He panders to unions and other special interest such as those opposed to the Keystone pipeline and allowing exporting U.S. oil."

The Keystone pipeline would never hold one gallon of U.S. oil. It is proposed to only have tar sands oil from Canada. Such oil will never benefit one American because it cannot be refined for use in this nation, so why have that crap traveling across our lands where it can possibly spill and poison our waterways?

The United States exports more gasoline, heating oil and diesel fuel than it imports. We surpassed that mark in 2012.

The United States exports about 1 million barrels of crude each and every day.

July 27, 2014 at 12:45 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "Obama's commitment to income equality consist of confiscating from a few to be spread unearned among many."

Really? I suppose you can point to a source that proves your assertion, be it on video or in print, such as an executive order, right?

You know I am a proponent of income redistribution, but I do not believe it should be done in an unearned manner. Higher wages for employees would be a great start. Taxes should be raised on those who would not be sacrificing their lifestyles to pay more.

And finally, anyone who is capable of working should work. No free rides in this nation for those who are totally capable of doing something or anything.

"Wouldn't it be refreshing to see income equality supported in a way that enabled those willing to work an opportunity to earn more and improve the balance of income equality?"

Right now, those who are paying have a slight advantage over those who need to be paid.

Sooner or later, that will reverse itself.

Cyclical periods have been the norm in this nation for decades. Good times come and they go.

It's going to get better every single day for awhile.

Personally, I don't credit or condemn any President for changes in our economy, unless it can be shown they had a direct hand in what has happened, but because Barack Obama has been saddled with all the bad, it's now time to give him credit for the good.

And times are definitely better than they were when he first took office. There is absolutely no way to refute that fact.

July 27, 2014 at 12:59 p.m.

Alprova, nonsense. They inherited nothing. They're self-made men. Nobody gave them anything.

You gotta problem with them being wealthy, or do think it's just ok for black athletes and rap artists who are Democrats to be wealthy, but not economists, surgeons, judges and other professions?

So, as soon they become wealthy they're no longer "real" blacks because they're not in accepted profession.

Idiocy and propaganda.

Should they remain poor to please you libs?

What's a more favorable example for you libs, Al Sharpton and the other race industry hustlers.

The fact is that you libs don't like blacks who don't belong to the Democrat Party and don't vote for libs.

Transparent.

You have no idea how bigoted you libs come across.

Projection city. WOW.

July 27, 2014 at 1:01 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wrote: "Alprova, nonsense. They inherited nothing. They're self-made men. Nobody gave them anything."

It's becoming a pain to deal with you. I never offered how it was any of them obtained their wealth, but they all became Republicans after becoming wealthy, wherever it came from.

"You gotta problem with them being wealthy, or do think it's just ok for black athletes and rap artists who are Democrats to be wealthy, but not economists, surgeons, judges and other professions?"

I don't have any problem at all. I just merely pointed out a common thread about those you hail all the time as black Republicans.

Is my statement true and correct? Of course it is.

"So, as soon they become wealthy they're no longer "real" blacks because they're not in accepted profession."

Why are you doing this? I have made no such statement and you are going off the deep end and foaming at the mouth because I pointed out a simple fact.

I don't even worry about what any of those men do or say. My life is not changed for a second because they have allegiance with the Republican Party.

"Idiocy and propaganda."

Please take note of the fact that it is all coming from YOUR computer keyboard...not mine.

"Should they remain poor to please you libs?"

I wish nothing but prosperity for everyone in this nation.

"What's a more favorable example for you libs, Al Sharpton and the other race industry hustlers."

Sir, when have I even QUOTED Al Sharpton or any other Liberal black leader?

"The fact is that you libs don't like blacks who don't belong to the Democrat Party and don't vote for libs."

How many times are you going to type that? Are there people like you describe? Sure there are. Is every Liberal as you describe. Not on your life. You need to learn to quit typing in absolutes.

You box in your ignorance every time you do it.

"You have no idea how bigoted you libs come across."

I doubt you even know the definition of the word, "bigot." You clearly don't know what a racist is.

Don't blame me for your inability to contain your blatant bigotry in this forum. You are among the worst and you always have been.

Deny it all you want, but you are fooling no one.

Have you ever had a kind word to offer about our current President?

I've never seen one.

July 27, 2014 at 1:24 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

My 2 cents on THE ALPROVA FORUM: Worry about Alpo's salvation. Not the Jews. They're ok.

July 27, 2014 at 1:35 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

The problem with Z-fister and his buds is they will (can?) not put down in specific, quantified points exactly what they don't like about President Obama, they only offer hand waving generalizations such as he steals from rich (how?), he pouts about an "illegal immigrant invasion" or "welfare" complaints, gun control, yet it all seems to reside in a deep fundamentalism that wants a great country but is not willing to pay a red cent to get it or stand with the rule of law, or live and compromise with folks who disagree with how to get there. It is a big "all or nothing" game.

July 27, 2014 at 1:57 p.m.
conservative said...

inquiringmind

You wrote:

"Seems to conflict with all her carryings- on a few days ago about being saved imparting a sinless life..."

You lied again!

I think I will start numbering them.

So, inquiringmind your number 1 lie is:

"Seems to conflict with all her carryings- on a few days ago about being saved imparting a sinless life..."

I have never made such an absurd claim.

July 27, 2014 at 2:33 p.m.
alprova said...

I was doing some reading last night and was amazed at how hypocritical Republicans have become on this immigration issue.

First of all, you have Sarah Palin spouting off at the mouth as if the President was personally ushering the illegals across the borders.

Then you have a Texas Governor claiming that the President isn't involved in what is happening in his state.

And finally, there is a Republican Congressman urging his fellow Republicans to not give the President one cent to be used to address the problem.

I fully understand why the President is about to issue an Executive Order to get the job done. The Republicans only want to sit on their hands and point fingers at the President and do nothing about what they are all bitching about.

This is the Republican strategy to deal with illegal immigration.

Bitch, point fingers, do nothing, and threaten impeachment proceedings if he acts unilaterally.

My expectation that Republicans keep up the good work of convincing voters that they do not deserve their votes has been exceeded.

If Boehner actually sues the President or if impeachment proceedings are even broached, the Republicans are done.

You will not learn this from Faux News, but a full two-thirds of the nation are opposed to the above.

A Faux News poll taken just a couple of weeks ago, showed that 57% of respondents are opposed to the law suit and impeachment.

Republican leaders are being incredibly stupid for an election year.

We are nearly ninety days away from voting day and this crap is all we're seeing?

It's going to be a good year for Democrats, let me tell ya'

July 27, 2014 at 2:46 p.m.
alprova said...

Connie wrote: "I have never made such an absurd claim."

I'm glad to read that, for it is an absolute fact that you bear false witness on a daily basis in this forum.

You additionally do nothing to bring people closer to God. Nothing you have ever written in this forum has caused anyone to believe you know what God is or is about.

No Sir or Ma'am, whichever you are (You fail to correct anyone to that point), you do not live a sinless life, but you are the most self-righteous individual I have ever witnessed and the Bible clearly states that self-righteousness is a reason to be turned away on Judgment Day.

I urge you to do some reading in your Bible on that issue, just in case you find the need to correct some of your negative issues.

July 27, 2014 at 2:53 p.m.
conservative said...

Mr. Anthony Provancher, alprova, an open anti Christ and blasphemer wrote:

"Just remember always Connie, you WILL meet the God, face to face, one day, who will cite each and every one of your transgressions, sins, and your false witnesses, and you will pay for each and every one of them."

"Jesus sinned"

"Jesus cannot be God"

"The very fact that Jesus was given birth, and came out as little helpless small baby is enough to refute the claim that Jesus is God."

"It is utter blasphemy to claim that God came out of a women like all people, it is utter blasphemy to claim God came out crying and screaming and being helpless and weak."

"Such nonsense is insulting to God; this itself is enough to prove Jesus is not God. How can you claim that God came out of a woman?"

"Are you mad? Are you insane? How can you insult God in such a manner? Some of you Christians should be ashamed of yourselves for ascribing such rubbish to God."

Mr. Anthony Provancher an open anti Christ and constant blasphemer wrote every word of those quotes above.

July 27, 2014 at 2:59 p.m.
conservative said...

The open anti Christ, Mr. Anthony Provancher wants it known:

"Jesus cannot be God",

"Jesus did indeed sin"

"Jesus was simply a human."

"It must be utterly frustrating to come to the realization that "God's word" is a totally false premise that you are totally ill-equipped to deal with."

July 27, 2014 at 3:04 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

ConMan, give it a rest. You have posted Al's quotes on many occasions, no one gives a sh!t except you. You think by posting that stuff, it makes you look spiritually stronger (or smarter) and Al look spiritually ignorant. It doesn't. You have backed yourself into so many corners by tossing random scripture at people, you're the one that looks ignorant. You won't even answer my simple question to you. Let me put it into context for you. Earlier this week, Ken Ham proclaimed that "we shouldn't look for extraterrestrial life, because, even if it exists, they are going to hell". You have made the statement that Israel is "God's people" and we should "defend Israel". But why, if it is your belief that Jews will go to hell?

July 27, 2014 at 3:16 p.m.
alprova said...

GaussianInteger, I'm sorry, but those two questions are far too deep for Connie to answer them at all.

Now...if the extraterrestrials or the Jews were disclaimed as being homosexual, Connie would have an answer for you.

Connie has a very limited scope of conversation.

July 27, 2014 at 3:22 p.m.
conservative said...

Brazen anti Christ Mr. Anthony Provancer wrote:

"Jesus cannot be God"

" He was not God and the Bible clearly supports it."

"Look you idiot, all you have to do is to disprove one statement I have made. Cite any scripture in the New Testament that supports the trinity."

July 27, 2014 at 3:23 p.m.

Like most Fundy-NutZ here and elsewhere, there is never evidence offered for their position. None. Just the same holy roller gibberish repeated ad nauseum.

If you're a true believer in a literal Jehovah, somehow, in his infinite wisdom, Jehovah has chosen these two Bible-humping nincompoop perverts to deliver his message.

Doesn't say much for Jehovah's supposed intelligence when Conservative and Orr vomit Bible verses like a goose sh!ts but are unable to offer any evidence or proof.

But they are excellent examples of the evil and ignorance in all fundamental Abrahamic faiths.

But I encourage them to post and post often. I use their posts to teach kids about reason, science, and history free from superstition, fear, and close-mindedness of religious fanatics.

Conservative and Orr remind me of the story of the pissant that wanted to screw an elephant. After the ant made his way to the elephant's rear and was furiously pumping away, a coconut fell on the elephant's head.

The elephant said, "Oww!"

The ant said, "What's the matter baby? Am I hurting you?"

So a big salute to this forum's pissants, Conservative and Orr and the laughter they bring to so many.

July 27, 2014 at 4:49 p.m.
Ki said...

the zabbler said: "I am the least bigoted person I know"

Sounds like a strum thurmond moment. Now zabbler will introduce all the black friends, black grandbabies as proof, no doubt. :-)

July 27, 2014 at 5:43 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Only bigotry I see here is from the hypocritical ,sanctimonious, intolerant Left.

July 27, 2014 at 6:07 p.m.
Ki said...

you're so blinded and in denial with your own sanctimonious self-righteous babble that you can't see your own bigotry anyway, jackZEE! Lol!

July 27, 2014 at 6:36 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

You're of no consequence, Ki

July 27, 2014 at 6:48 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

ole connie sez she didn't say a born again fella is sin free,and that there ain't no homosexual child molesters and cigar choppin' liars and hypocrites in her church yet she sez she didn't say her group is sin-free...go figure.

July 27, 2014 at 7:05 p.m.
Hunter_Bluff said...

Hey Constipative, If Obama is the anti-crust as you guys are always saying howzit that Alprova is one too? How many do you see in your visions? I thought there was only one per the bible I've read.

July 27, 2014 at 7:58 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

ConMan is a phony, a fake. Look at his refusal to answer my question (which I have asked him for the past 3 or 4 days) if he believes Jews can go to heaven. Someone as strong in their convictions as ConMan should have no problem with answering truthfully. The only people he cares not to offend is Al and homosexuals. Dude definitely has some pinned up issues.

July 27, 2014 at 8:23 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said....The United States exports about 1 million barrels of crude each and every day.

To one country only which congress made an exception however, it is illegal for U.S. oil companies to export crude oil. The difference now and when that bad law was written in the 70's the price of oil to those in the U.S. and Europe could be driven down plus while putting pressure on those who hate us in the middle east and north Africa.

July 27, 2014 at 8:47 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said....It's going to be a good year for Democrats, let me tell ya'

Words of someone that has blind loyalty to a party instead of what the candidate stands for. The results could be terrible for the U.S. or good for either party and the U.S. It all depends on who is elected. The democrats would do well to dump Pelosi and Reid but be careful about who they elect instead.

July 27, 2014 at 8:53 p.m.
Ki said...

Actually, jackzee, none of us are of any consquence to the robber barons.

fairmon areen't you just as blind to yours? What the candidates stand for? And what's that?Do you even knoiw?

re: * the results could be terrible *?

Not according to David Siegal. Remember him? The CEO of Westgate who threaten to fire all his employees if President Obama was elected. Well, his business was failing. He had to stop building on that monsterous house he building. The BAM! Obanma gets elected and his business has grown so that he was able to expand and had to huge moire employees. Since his employees were able to get reasonably priced health insurance through the ACA exchange he's been able to invest in all kinds of extra stuff. He purchased the Orlando predators. He purchased a massive hotel and casino in Vegas. And he was able to begin work again on that gaudy 90,000 square foot house he had to stop work join under the bush. Complete with a bowling alley, 30 car garage and roller-skating rink. Life Is Good!

July 27, 2014 at 9:21 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "To one country only which congress made an exception however, it is illegal for U.S. oil companies to export crude oil."

You're out of touch, I'm afraid.

Japan and South Korea are the first to purchase a U.S. grade of super-light crude known as condensate.

This of course, is under challenge, because it is being called a shift in longstanding U.S. policy and it appears that the Commerce Department is behind the move to export condensates.

And of course, the Republicans are all for it, while the Democrats are opposed to increasing the amount exported.

It is going to be hard for the United States to enter into the export market, due to the transportation costs.

http://www.todayonline.com/world/us-kicks-crude-exports-iran-casts-shadow-asia?page=2

http://www.upi.com/Business_News/Energy-Resources/2014/07/03/Senate-questions-US-export-of-so-called-condensates/7671404393267/

July 27, 2014 at 10 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "Words of someone that has blind loyalty to a party instead of what the candidate stands for."

Sir, I've got a very good grip on what the Republicans stand for, and for the last four years, it has been nothing but negative issues coming from the lot of them.

Democrats will prevail because they are trying to do something.

"The results could be terrible for the U.S. or good for either party and the U.S. It all depends on who is elected. The democrats would do well to dump Pelosi and Reid but be careful about who they elect instead."

I doubt that either one of them will be dumped.

July 27, 2014 at 10:04 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

24/7 ^^^. Get a life

July 27, 2014 at 10:39 p.m.
alprova said...

OMG!! Jack Dana Dennis, the infamous, 3 time convicted pedophile from Knoxville posts in here?

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2014/jul/26/gaza/#c277803

July 27, 2014 at 11:09 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...

illegal for U.S. oil companies to export crude oil."

You're out of touch, I'm afraid.

Japan and South Korea are the first to purchase a U.S. grade of super-light crude known as condensate.

This of course, is under challenge, because it is being called a shift in longstanding U.S. policy and it appears that the Commerce Department is behind the move to export condensates.

Yes, it is certain one of us don't know what we are talking about. The relatively obscure fuel source, derived from the light, sweet oil being that's churned out domestically, is used mainly by chemical companies and refiners. Condensates were thrust into the spotlight this week, after the U.S. granted approval to two companies to export limited quantities of condensates

At this point, analysts say the Commerce Department's authorization to ship the light, gassy fuel abroad is more symbolic than substantive. However, the move is being interpreted by some as a sign that a lifting of the domestic ban on most oil exports is less a question of if than when.

Loosening restrictions on condensates "is certainly a baby step, but also a significant step toward lifting the ban totally," said Charles Ebinger, director of the Brookings Institution's Energy Security Initiative. Although the export barrier is still in place for now, "enough pressure is building. Don't be surprised if they lift the ban totally in the first part of the year" after elections have passed, he said.

Are you sure transportation cost would be greater from the U.S. than it is to the U.S. since there is no requirement that U.S. shipping sources be used. Why would it be prohibitive for U.S. oil producers but not every other producing country?

July 27, 2014 at 11:27 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...Sir, I've got a very good grip on what the Republicans stand for, and for the last four years, it has been nothing but negative issues coming from the lot of them.

I did not suggest you or anyone else should blindly support republicans either. However, you consider opposing anything Obama and his minions think is good is being negative.

Democrats will prevail because they are trying to do something.

What is it they are trying to do that would improve things without increasing the debt? A majority are damn glad they can't do some of the stupid things they are trying to do.

July 27, 2014 at 11:34 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

Fee all your freaking out, just list in order 1,2,3 your objections to President Obama.

July 27, 2014 at 11:44 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "Are you sure transportation cost would be greater from the U.S. than it is to the U.S. since there is no requirement that U.S. shipping sources be used. Why would it be prohibitive for U.S. oil producers but not every other producing country?"

Think about it Fairmon. Which is closer to most of the rest of the world that imports oil? Us, as in the United States or the Middle East?

Nobody South of us needs our oil.

China just cut a deal with Iran, so they don't need our oil, for now that is.

The United States doesn't have much to bargain with, unless it wants to sell oil at a loss, and what good would that do?

July 28, 2014 at 1:53 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "However, you consider opposing anything Obama and his minions think is good is being negative."

Huh?

"What is it they are trying to do that would improve things without increasing the debt?"

The debt will take care of itself when revenue coming into the Government rises. It's going to have to rise at some point. Everyone knows that. Some people just seem to be in total denial of that fact.

"A majority are damn glad they can't do some of the stupid things they are trying to do."

I have no idea what you are talking about. It's so nice of you to lay such wording down, without any explanation.

What STUPID things are you referring to?

July 28, 2014 at 1:57 a.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said....The United States doesn't have much to bargain with, unless it wants to sell oil at a loss, and what good would that do?

The U.S. oil companies would not have to sell at a loss and Europe would be thrilled to have a U.S. source. Should the democrats ever agree to lift the ban we will see what happens including more good paying U.S. jobs. Who knows, they may even see the value of added refining capacity and the associated jobs.

BTW..if shipping cost would be a barrier why does Canada want the Keystone pipeline that is held up by the president since as you insist 100% of the oil would go over seas. They produce oil from the oil sands which is much more expensive than U.S. oil sources. Are taxes the reason Canada can be profitable shipping their oil but the U.S. cannot?

July 28, 2014 at 8:31 a.m.

Nice photo on Drudge of some of "children" coming here for refuge, MS 13 gang members. Nice tattoos.

July 28, 2014 at 9:36 a.m.

"Obama will take care of us" LOL

July 28, 2014 at 9:40 a.m.

Maybe they'll make him an honorary gang member?

July 28, 2014 at 9:41 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Zab, no no, those amigos are Boy Scouts. Anthony Dana Provancher will explain.

July 28, 2014 at 9:42 a.m.

Oh, yeah, I guess you can't usually see the tattoos because of the uniforms they over it.

July 28, 2014 at 9:46 a.m.

Makes me want to vomit.

July 28, 2014 at 9:47 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Zabl, don't be a bigot. These kids are just misunderstood.

July 28, 2014 at 9:54 a.m.

Yeah, Jack, it is hard to decipher/understand those tattoos.

July 28, 2014 at 10:01 a.m.
alprova said...

Matt Drudge posts a photo and links to a story on World Net Daily and you two clowns believe it is real?

God help you both.

World Net Daily is the Enquirer of the Internet.

That photo could have been taken in any of our prisons.

Do either of you idiots have any proof that there are gang members of any description coming across the border, or are you limited to links supplied by Matt Drudge?

July 28, 2014 at 10:16 a.m.
alprova said...

Isn't it funny how people see someone with tattoos and they think they can look at his soul.

Morons.

July 28, 2014 at 10:17 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

^^^ are you sh!tting me, you fool?

July 28, 2014 at 10:22 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "BTW..if shipping cost would be a barrier why does Canada want the Keystone pipeline that is held up by the president since as you insist 100% of the oil would go over seas. They produce oil from the oil sands which is much more expensive than U.S. oil sources. Are taxes the reason Canada can be profitable shipping their oil but the U.S. cannot?"

Are you really that obtuse? Canada wants access to our oil refineries.

They want to refine that crap before they sell it to China.

July 28, 2014 at 10:23 a.m.
alprova said...

There is ZERO evidence that gang members are coming across the border with those children.

World Net Daily makes up a story and morons and idiots believe every word of it.

Do you people even know the history of that site?

World Net Daily is not a news site. It is as dependable for ACTUAL NEWS as The Onion is.

July 28, 2014 at 10:26 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

So, Anthony Dana Provancher, no gang members coming in? You know that how? Are you there watching?

July 28, 2014 at 10:46 a.m.
alprova said...

The poster in this forum, known as "The Jack Dennis" has a seriously sordid past. It is one he has confessed to in this very forum. He admitted to being Jack Dana Dennis, who it turns out is a three time convicted pedophile in Knox County, Tennessee.

He will not and cannot provide proof to any recantation of his confession of May 18, 2014.

Do you really want to discuss anything with a confessed pedophile?

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2014/may/18/ostrich/#c270586 http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2014/may/18/ostrich/#c270592 http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2014/may/18/ostrich/#c270593 http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2014/may/18/ostrich/#c270598

http://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/TN00513388/Jack-Dana-Dennis.html

http://mugshotsrus.com/2013/09/11/jack-dana-dennis

July 28, 2014 at 11:04 a.m.

Alprova, nobody can look into their soul, SIR, but a tattoo indicating membership sure tells me a lot.

Mexican gang member have been sneaking across our border for a while now, prior to BO stinking up the joint, now they're simply taking advantage of his "big heart" LOL

Facts, history, logic and common sense mean nothing to libs.

July 28, 2014 at 11:34 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

I seriously hope Jack Dana Dennis gets wind of you, fool. I'll gladly tell him where you live.

July 28, 2014 at 11:35 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "Alprova, nobody can look into their soul, SIR, but a tattoo indicating membership sure tells me a lot."

Did you look at that photo? It clearly was taken inside a prison. The photo has nothing to do with what is going on at any border.

I'm amazed that you can look at a photo of some guys in tattoos and determine they are gang members.

"Mexican gang member have been sneaking across our border for a while now, prior to BO stinking up the joint, now they're simply taking advantage of his "big heart" LOL"

As usual, you're blaming the President for crap that you do not know to even be true.

"Facts, history, logic and common sense mean nothing to libs."

Sir, you haven't presented a fact, anything logical, or shown an ounce of common sense into this forum in years. You're the poster child of hypothetical hyperventilations.

July 28, 2014 at 11:57 a.m.

"isn't it funny how people see someone with tattoos and they think they can look at his soul" LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Wow, buddah has spoken. Any other words of wisdom you care to bless us with, Alprova? I know you have a lot of time on your hands there, Alprova, given your condition, but surely there's something else you can do besides contemplating your navel?

Actually tattoos say a lot about someone, genius. That's why people usually have them, unless they were drunk and did it on a dare.

That has to be THE most embarrassing, and weakest defense, or attempt to put a positive spin on a gang members with a tattoos.

July 28, 2014 at 11:57 a.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wrote: "Actually tattoos say a lot about someone, genius. That's why people usually have them, unless they were drunk and did it on a dare."

Sir, about three-quarters of those in the military, past and present have tatoos. Are you lumping them in that big old box you just laid on the table?

You show your ignorance every time you type in absolutes.

"That has to be THE most embarrassing, and weakest defense, or attempt to put a positive spin on a gang members with a tattoos."

I'm not defending gang members, you idiot. All kinds of people get tattoos. Some of the nicest people I know have tattoos.

Man you are one dense individual.

July 28, 2014 at 12:04 p.m.

I can see into BO's soul...let me see, let me see.... Reading his thoughts now....golf, golf, golf, $ $ $ $, golf, golf, $ $ $ $ $ $ , Big Mac, golf, hoops, VACAY!, screw the Constitution, screw America, screw citizens. Wow, exactly what I thought.

July 28, 2014 at 12:07 p.m.

Said nothing about the military, you did.

Tattoos mean something for the most part, with some exceptions.

Gang tattoos tell me everything. It tells me criminal, thug, punk, anti-social, and violent.

Go back to contemplating your navel. Go to that special place where libs go, la la land.

July 28, 2014 at 12:10 p.m.
ibshame said...

Z fister says their tattoos tell him something. I agree because every post you make tells me just how uninformed and ignorant you are. Of course you are not alone. Mr.Bennett is again on the mark. The only thing he left off was President Obama's name. LOL

July 28, 2014 at 12:45 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "Alprova, nobody can look into their soul, SIR, but a tattoo indicating membership sure tells me a lot."

I DID NOT write that nor have I said anything about tattoos.

July 28, 2014 at 1:09 p.m.
fairmon said...

Are you really that obtuse? Canada wants access to our oil refineries.

They want to refine that crap before they sell it to China.

So? That is why I said some of those brilliant nay saying democrats may agree to building more refining capacity and allow Americans benefit from the associated jobs. Now you are saying Canada can be profitable and pay the shipping and refining cost and ship refined oil but the U.S. can't pay the shipping cost to ship crude oil. BTW, Canada could sell and ship unrefined oil. Also, China is looking to increase their refining capacity.

You may want to stick to your expertise regarding tattoos since you are the obtuse one regarding oil.

July 28, 2014 at 1:16 p.m.

ibshame, stupid post. So says the person who feels it's ok to hurl racial slurs, "Uncle Tom" at black Americans who don't belong to your party or hold your ideology.

You're manipulative like most libs.

"ignorant" LOL you libs through an entire thread tried to convince everyone that antisemitism plays no part in Hamas' attacks on Israel even though Hamas flat out says so, and it's even in their charter.

Who's ignorant?

July 28, 2014 at 1:18 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon, sorry 'bout the goof. I had responded to you and just kept on going...it was a total mistake.

July 28, 2014 at 1:20 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Alpo Dana Provanher contemplating his navel. Not a pretty picture.

July 28, 2014 at 1:21 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "So? That is why I said some of those brilliant nay saying democrats may agree to building more refining capacity and allow Americans benefit from the associated jobs."

That's great, but we need to be moving AWAY FROM fossil fuels. There's plenty of jobs in alternative energy as well.

"Now you are saying Canada can be profitable and pay the shipping and refining cost and ship refined oil but the U.S. can't pay the shipping cost to ship crude oil."

You're not firing on all cylinders today, are you? Canada wants a short cut so that they CAN be profitable. China wants what they have because it is cheap. However, if Canada is forced to ship it from their East coast ports to the refineries, they are not going to be able to transport it so cheap, are they?

"BTW, Canada could sell and ship unrefined oil. Also, China is looking to increase their refining capacity."

Nobody wants that tar sands crap unrefined. Not even China.

July 28, 2014 at 1:52 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wrote: "Said nothing about the military, you did."

I know you didn't. I'm just not sure, from what you wrote, that you are aware that there are all kinds of people who get tattoos. Not all of them are gang members, and any assertion that you know how to read a gang tattoo is laughable.

"Tattoos mean something for the most part, with some exceptions."

There you go again. You spew ignorance every time you type an absolutes. Gang tattoos tell me everything. It tells me criminal, thug, punk, anti-social, and violent.

"Go back to contemplating your navel. Go to that special place where libs go, la la land."

Sir, you live in a world where you hyperventilate over anyone and anything different from yourself.

And you want to hold yourself out to be tolerant of other races, cultures, adversity, etc.

You're so full of sh!t.

July 28, 2014 at 1:59 p.m.

"alternative energy" LOL

"there aren't plenty of jobs in alternative energy. Where are they?

No alternative for oil in our great, great, great, great grandchildrens lifetimes and probably much longer. It's just not there.

Fracking in N.Dakota, Texas and other states is a roaring success. Plenty of jobs with that.

July 28, 2014 at 2:02 p.m.

"All kinds of people get tattoos" DUH!

You're post is ridiculous, what does it mean?

I stand by what I say.

Always pulling the race card. I pointed out the obvious, someone with a gang membership tattoo is a thug, criminal and many other things. That's not stretch. Why else would they have one, because they're a fan of that particular gang. Yeesh.

July 28, 2014 at 2:10 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Zab, without the race card and freebies, the Dems would have no base.

July 28, 2014 at 2:24 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

Z-babel (and TJMax),

Uncle Tom is not a racial slur nor does it apply to a person who is a member of a political party. It refers to "a person who is slavish and excessively subservient to perceived authority figures," (see for example, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncle_Tom) particularly to an African-American who is excessively subservient to Caucasians. It comes from a famous book, "Uncle Tom's Cabin," that helped fuel the anti-slavery movement and the War between the States. It is an apropos description of brothers Carson and Thomas in particular, but not Gen. Powell. To an extent it is an unfair slap on old Uncle Tom, he was just trying to survive. Carson and Thomas have no such argument unless they feel so put down they can't get ahead except by pandering to us white folk.

Your sensitivity to having your comments termed "racial slurs," or accusing someone of "playing the race card" reflects your sensitivity to your own inner feelings. When you object to someone allegedly playing the "race card" they are hitting pretty close to you. Your objection is a classic attempt to co-opt the argument and duck legitimate criticism.

July 28, 2014 at 3:04 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

IQ, That's certainly a load of it. You're attempting to take "Uncle Tom" out of play and ignore away the "race card" charge. Won't work.

July 28, 2014 at 3:16 p.m.

Inq, more sophistry. He used it as a put down of those gentleman because they are not Democrats. I'll say it again, Unless black Americans are Democrats, and vote for Democrats, you Democrats view them as not really black Americans, but traitors to some cause you have, and runaways from your plantation. You do the same thing with women and Hispanics. You crucify women who are not OK with abortion, and who are not liberals.

I know exactly where "Uncle Tom" came from and what it means.

Powell is ok with your because he's the most mild, mild of Republicans. But a strong conservative black American makes you soil your depends. Pathetic.

Your post is laughable. Please.

Exactly, Jack..no freebies and the race card and they're lost.

What do they have to offer?

July 28, 2014 at 3:25 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wrote: "..."alternative energy" LOL "there aren't plenty of jobs in alternative energy. Where are they?"

Sir, those jobs are everywhere. Millions of them.

"No alternative for oil in our great, great, great, great grandchildrens lifetimes and probably much longer. It's just not there."

Sir, neandethals like yourself just need to step aside and the word will change without you.

"Fracking in N.Dakota, Texas and other states is a roaring success. Plenty of jobs with that."

Those are all temporary and the ooil will dry up in time, if the oil workers are not killed by earthquakes.

July 28, 2014 at 4:03 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

The Dems use of the race card appears to be effective. But it's a despicable tactic. Be proud, liars.

July 28, 2014 at 4:06 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wrote: ""All kinds of people get tattoos" DUH! You're post is ridiculous, what does it mean?"

It means, Mr. Potato Head, that you cannot look at a man with tattoos on them and automatically determine what those tattoos mean.

You are one who looks at the cover of a book and you believe you know what is inside of it. You're utterly stupid as can be.

"I stand by what I say."

Really? What did you SAY? I haven't heard a word you may have uttered.

"Always pulling the race card. I pointed out the obvious, someone with a gang membership tattoo is a thug, criminal and many other things. That's not stretch. Why else would they have one, because they're a fan of that particular gang. Yeesh."

The point is, you wouldn't know a gang tattoo from a rub-on on a liitle kid.

You're too ignorant to know what a tattoo means on anyone.

July 28, 2014 at 4:09 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...That's great, but we need to be moving AWAY FROM fossil fuels. There's plenty of jobs in alternative energy as well.

The jobs in alternative energy are there only if the product is competitive and people buy it. I agree with transitioning to alternatives including using natural gas for auto fuel until other sources are developed and proven. In the mean time since we have and continue increasing oil reserves why shoot ourselves in the rear. Gas companies will be the source of the best alternative for motorized vehicles while private sources will develop better electrical energy generating processes.

The transfer of wealth to the middle east is one of the major reasons the U.S. middle class has declined so drastically.

July 28, 2014 at 4:16 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

The navel-gazer is now an expert on tats. (And he hasn't seen his navel since Nixon)

July 28, 2014 at 4:24 p.m.

Alprova, you're failing miserably to put a positive spin on Mexican gang members crossing our borders at will.

Yeah, sure..those tattoos on Mexican gang members crossing our borders have some deep meaning that we're not capable of comprehending, but, you, as a sensitive liberal, can assure us that they don't signify any gang affiliation. I guess BO and Holder aren't bothered by thugs as long as they're in their camp, whether it's MS 13 or the Black Panthers, huh?

I'm not talking about anyone, I'm talking about MS 13.

If you're to believe libs..Hamas doesn't hate Jews and doesn't want them exterminated, tattoos on gang members are a positive thing, there is no illegal alien invasion on our border, weak borders are a good thing, BO is one of our greatest presidents, black Americans who are not Democrats are "uncle tom's" and Elizabeth Warren is a native American.

July 28, 2014 at 4:45 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "The transfer of wealth to the middle east is one of the major reasons the U.S. middle class has declined so drastically."

If we were still on the gold standard, you might have a point, but a dollar is a dollar is a dollar in the United States and they can print lots more of them.

There is no transfer of wealth when there is an endless supply of paper.

It's the same complaint I used to read from morons who complained about all the cash being sent to Mexico from family members. There were people who actually thought the United States would go broke if enough was wired down South.

July 28, 2014 at 4:53 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

Sez the big JD, "You're attempting to take "Uncle Tom" out of play and ignore away the "race card" charge. Won't work."

Far be it to take it out of play, old boy, that seems to be your game. I say keep it in play and let it the foot that fits wear the shoe.

It is not surprising the Southern racist mindset migrated towards the Reds after what Lyndon did to them, though it got all twisted up in inter- generational transfer until the Johnnies-come-lately forget their past and fail to recognize the imprinting of their fathers and mother's values. They think it is all about money now, but that was a big part of what it was about in the Old South.

sophistry? Har, Z, I tried to make it down but not too dirty for you. Sorry if i did not stoop low enough.

Now since you know what "Uncle Tom" means and whence it comes, I know also you know what I mean. "Methinks the lady doth protest too much." ;-)

July 28, 2014 at 5 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wrote: "Alprova, you're failing miserably to put a positive spin on Mexican gang members crossing our borders at will."

Sir, you nor anyone else has even proven that any gang members ARE crossing the borders in significant numbers. Spinning something that isn't even happening is impossible.

"Yeah, sure..those tattoos on Mexican gang members crossing our borders have some deep meaning that we're not capable of comprehending, but, you, as a sensitive liberal, can assure us that they don't signify any gang affiliation."

Like I stated earlier...you wouldn't know a water transfered tattoo from a real one, if your life depended on it.

"I guess BO and Holder aren't bothered by thugs as long as they're in their camp, whether it's MS 13 or the Black Panthers, huh?"

Is there no end to your hyperventilating over people of color? Never in my life have I witnessed a gorwn man so afraid of people of different races. Never.

You wussy.

July 28, 2014 at 5:01 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

About finger pointing, there was a good statistic on the radio today. Between 1940 and 1970 the bottom 10% of the population gained 90% of the increased wealth of economic growth. Since 1970, the top 1% has garnered 90% of the wealth of economic growth. Back to the graduated income tax and raise the Social Security maximum to about $1 million.

July 28, 2014 at 5:04 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Good, Big IQ. When Uncle Tom and the race card fail, you stoop to regional bias. Dems, the party of blame and deflection. Keep that underclass down, and you guys can't fail.

July 28, 2014 at 5:10 p.m.
ibshame said...

Z fister you are laughable when you of all people pretend to take offense at the use of "Uncle Tom" as a description of people like Sowell, Thomas, Williams and some others. Colin Powell is no mild, mild Repub. The biggest difference between Colin Powell and the "Uncle Toms" listed above is he doesn't hate his race. In other words he doesn't hate the fact he was born Black. That cannot be said of those others and anyone in the Black Community who has been around for awhile and read the columns of Sowell and Williams will tell you that. The only time I have ever read anything positive from Sowell was last week when he warned teabaggers to stay away from talk of impeaching the President and to drop that asinine lawsuit. I sincerely hope they don't take his advice on that and go full speed ahead with their impeachment proceedings after all this is the same bunch that shut the govt down a few months back.

July 28, 2014 at 5:12 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

Jack as I said, if the shoe fits, wear it.

July 28, 2014 at 5:21 p.m.
conservative said...

inquiringmind

You wrote:

"Back to the graduated income tax and raise the Social Security maximum to about $1 million."

A few days ago you were an advocate for holding everything in common.

Now you advocate for a graduated tax but will not divulge your wish for rate. Why not?

And how can anyone ever earn a million dollars if everything is held in common?

July 28, 2014 at 5:26 p.m.
ibshame said...

Regional Bias? The day after VW announced it was going to add another line in Chattanooga, WRCB reported TN had been listed as the worst state in the union to live in. In fact, four of the top ten worst states were in the South. This past week-end another report listed TN as the 3rd most Conservative, in addition it has been listed as the worst in providing Health Care for the poor. So, while conservatives in this state like to brag about their redness, it hasn't improved the lives of those who live here.

July 28, 2014 at 5:27 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

IQ. Riveting

Ibeshamed. Yeah

July 28, 2014 at 5:30 p.m.
alprova said...

Ibshame, an illuminating post that the rubes will never, ever understand. And yet, they continue to cheer for the wrong team.

July 28, 2014 at 5:32 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Jews bailing out of France, feeling they will be safer in Israel. Half million Jews in France. 5 million Muslims. Good job, frogs.

July 28, 2014 at 6:50 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

The "Conservatives" have had a super-majority in for a few years now. TN still ranks towards the bottom in education and wages and towards the top in unemployment. But we were the most "Bible-Friendly", so I guess we have that going for us.

July 28, 2014 at 6:56 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

So gassy, you tie the 2 together, do you?

July 28, 2014 at 7:17 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

You do it with Obama and the Dems, so why not?

July 28, 2014 at 7:26 p.m.

GaussianInteger said... "The "Conservatives" have had a super-majority in for a few years now. TN still ranks towards the bottom in education and wages and towards the top in unemployment. But we were the most "Bible-Friendly", so I guess we have that going for us."

"Bible-Friendly"

Isn't that the code for the Fundy-NutZ beating you to death with their unread Bibles then preaching the "good book" over your body about how you're going to hell?

Or is that the same thing as when toilet paper brands describe their tissue as "butt-friendly?"

Don't forget Tennessee leads the way in government and official corruption. Most of the crooks quote the Bible, pray out loud, have their photos made with family walking into the front door of churches, and announce in their best sanctimonious and pious manner how "they've been praying" over their decisions.

This is just before they take bribes, visit the whore-houses, lie about taxes, and steal everything they can.

All the Fundy-NutZ flock hear is "God" and eat that bullsh!t up with a holy grail spoon.

July 28, 2014 at 7:26 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

And yes, here in TN, politicians priorities are screwed. They are more interested in getting "In God We Trust" signs posted, "Don't Say Gay" bills, and "Business Owners Be Damned, Bring a Weapon to Work" bill. They want to pass a "Protect Christmas" bill, when many parents don't earn enough to buy there kid(s) a present.

July 28, 2014 at 7:29 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Not making much sense, gassy.

July 28, 2014 at 7:32 p.m.

Jack, yeah, there's no antisemitism, it's just a figment of our imagination. It's all about land. Pelosi calls Hamas a humanitarian organization. Check out Drudge, there's a piece on a blatantly antisemitic page on Facebook that Facebook won't remove. Astounding.

July 28, 2014 at 7:40 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man, you need to read something to the end. The offending page has been removed by Facebook.

July 28, 2014 at 7:53 p.m.

I guess that means it's all better, huh? Antisemitic actions taking place everywhere. Wherever Muslims go in Europe antisemitism follows.

July 28, 2014 at 8 p.m.

Facebook also posted that it didn't violate their "community standards". Shocking that they would even post that. It was pure hatred toward Jews.

July 28, 2014 at 8:07 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

"Not making much sense, gassy."

Then you have a problem with your reading comprehension. It's black and white. Every bill I mentioned has been passed/proposed by the TN House. They keep shouting "Conservative Values/Principles", and the state is stagnant. Leave God for the houses of worship and worry about things that can truly help the citizens of this state.

July 28, 2014 at 9:27 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Yessir

July 28, 2014 at 9:29 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

connie sez, "And how can anyone ever earn a million dollars if everything is held in common?"

Duh.

Oh, btw, Ever hear of Ananias and Sapphira?

July 28, 2014 at 9:55 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man, while you seem to have a very soft spot for Jewish people, you seem to lack that same compassion for races of people we more often discuss in this forum.

People in this nation are allowed to be anti-Semitic, just as you are allowed to be anti-Hispanic and anti-black.

At one time in this nation, it was conservative people who were violently anti-Semitic. Thankfully, that is one gap that has been bridged fairly successfully.

You're ready to allow children to die in the desert, rather than to give them harbor, be it temporary or permanent in this nation.

You pretend to be BFF's with black Republicans, but ostracize black Democrats.

Rather than to understand that people have differing political beliefs, you consider Liberals to be suffering from some imaginary disease.

I'm sorry, but taking into consideration your whole persona, I consider you one $&^$^* up individual.

July 29, 2014 at 1:01 a.m.
conservative said...

INQUIRINGMIND

You wrote:

"Oh, btw, Ever hear of Ananias and Sapphira?"

Yes, God struck them dead for lying.

Let that be a lesson to you.

I have caught you lying a few times and remember my promise to start numbering them.

July 29, 2014 at 6:27 a.m.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.